News

President Buhari Orders Security Agencies to Stop #SouthernKaduna Killings

BellaNaija.com

President Muhammadu Buhari has ordered security agencies to take decisive measures to bring an end to the recurring acts of violence and destruction in the southern part of Kaduna State.

This is contained in a statement issued in Abuja on Thursday by the President’s Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu.

Shehu said that already, on the directive of President Buhari, the Inspector-General of Police, Ibrahim Idris, was in Southern Kaduna on Saturday and Sunday to assess the situation.

He said that in addition to the conventional policemen deployed to the area, a squadron of mobile policemen had now been stationed there to ensure law and order.

According to the Presidential aide, Nigerian army is also in the process of setting up two battalions in Southern Kaduna, while the military continues to carry out air surveillance across flash points of the area.

“President Buhari has equally directed the National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) to carry out a joint assessment of the situation with the sister agency in Kaduna, SEMA, to determine the level of response required for urgent aid to the victims of the violence. These measures should soon ensure the return of normalcy to the region, while the Kaduna State government continues its peace building efforts,” he added.

He said that the President condoled with the people of Southern Kaduna, who have lost loved ones in the recent violence.

1. The Real Oma

January 6, 2017 at 9:24 am

i’m sorry but this is BS!
    Too many lives have already been needlessly lost because of your inaction.
    What exactly is your government doing to ensure there is no repeat, in any part of the country?
    I pray eternal rest on all those who lost their lives and fortitude to bear it and to forgive on those they left behind.
    Like those behind Boko Haram, may the brains behind this new face of terrorism never know peace.

• Sevenade

January 6, 2017 at 10:23 am

@The Real Oma of Dream fm Enugu, you have said it all, and a resounding amen to your prayers.

• EE

January 6, 2017 at 12:22 pm

Your detective skills sha!

• The Real Oma

January 6, 2017 at 12:39 pm

lol @Sevenade, its like there is ‘radio’ in my destiny o. You are the second person to say i am this FM Enugu person and i don’t even know who she is. I don’t listen to radio… but i hope she does a good job sha becos she cannot be ‘disgracing’ our name upandan.

• Sevenade

January 6, 2017 at 12:52 pm

@The Real Oma, she does a fantastically good job. I might be wrong, but I still believe you are the person in question. Your written English has a lot of similarities to her spoken English. It could be mere coincidence, but any how sha.

2. keke driver

January 6, 2017 at 9:55 am

So what this confused fulani semi illiterate is trying to say is that we should close our eyes and PRETEND like it never happened? So NO ONE is gonna be punished for this abi? There are a thousand and one questions that demands answers…

1. How come the fulani murderers were able to attack the people after curfew was announced?
    2. What are you (@MBuhari) gon do about your brothers (Fulani Herds Idiots)
    3.What strategies are you putting in place to ensure that this doesn’t repeat itself?

@Mr President WE DEMAND ANSWERS to these questions……Nobody gives two fvcks about your stupid speech really….I’M PISSED

• Sevenade

January 6, 2017 at 10:30 am

Buhari is a bastard and a killer. He is complicit in these killings. Fanatical, murderous, good-for-nothing president.

• shamea

January 6, 2017 at 7:27 pm

So why do you have to drag all fulani people and insult him and them? Its a Shame! thats how you people hate on all Northerners even the ones who are good people and peaceful!!!!

3. Lailatu

January 6, 2017 at 10:41 am

That was pretty fast, only a few weeks after the massacre.

4. Man of peace

January 6, 2017 at 1:02 pm

Someone had suggested the ‘at risk’ communities arm and defend themselves. But are they listening? I have an AK 47 & a pump action 12 Guage shotgun hidden in my house. Trust me, I am not the violent type….I won’t ever be taking these weapons outside the house wanting to shoot anyone. But I have a wife, four teenage daughters and a son. Plus a housemaid. But this peace-loving, bible-carrying man will immediately go gangster in a minute on anybody coming into my home to kill or harm. I am not going to wait for the police or the military forces to watch over me. Hell no! For I shall take care of business myself, and they can come later to move the corpses (and of course, arrest me).

• Binam

January 6, 2017 at 5:08 pm

@Man of Peace, I support you 1000%.