Relationships

“I have come to know Yvonne and Kunle better and I believe what they share is deep, very deep” – Betty Irabor speaks on Yvonne Jegede & Olakunle’s Love

CEO of Genevieve magazine Betty Irabor took to Instagram to share a photo of newlyweds Yvonne Jegede and Olakunle whose Traditional wedding took place yesterday, Saturday February 4th. She noticed how in love they looked in their pictures and took to her social media to praise them for how they have handled their relationship so far and had words of encouragement for them.

She said:

“When you look at this picture what do you see?
I will tell you what I see. I don’t see two celebs, I see two happy people who genuinely love themselves enough to love each other. You cannot give what you don’t have, remember? You cannot love others without self-love. I see a couple who are not living their lives to please others because they don’t need to prove anything, They know that they are not in any race or competition… They got engaged without any suffocating drama, their traditional wedding yesterday was at its realest. Most of the pressure people go through are self-inflicted in an attempt to make unnecessary statements. Who are these people everyone is trying to impress anyway? The truth is, people try too hard to be accepted, to meet other people’s expectations, to please others who really shouldn’t count…what really should count at the end of the day is the marriage not the wedding….marriages begin where weddings end .
I have come to know Yvonne and Kunle better and I believe what they share is deep, very deep.. And at the end of the day, that’s what counts…
Congratulations my darlings. Please don’t make me eat my words! ( I know you won’t )”

1. mama zam

February 5, 2017 at 9:55 pm

Congratulations

2. Kili

February 5, 2017 at 10:05 pm

Bla bla bla bla.. Mummy it’s okay. Interesting how she can foresee the success of a marriage from one picture. Please, has she even any sorrowful wedding photo before, Everybody is happy on their wedding day . .Nobody marries for it to crash !!!!!!!!!!
    That they didn’t have a lavish wedding doesn’t guarantee jack. Doesn’t give them immunity over natural marriage challenges.

Aunty Betty needs to calm down sometimes, not every time epistle on people’s love life. We thank God for her marriage but then her words are not Yes and Amen.

• lilian

February 5, 2017 at 11:52 pm

thank you kili i thought i was the only one that noticed her subliminal jabs at lavish events. I am just waiting for her daughter sonia irabor wedding. Shebi we dey here. she needs to chill abeg.If she is broke to do wedding abi marriage renewal, she should tell us rather than all this her preaching on extravagant weddings.

3. skyhigh

February 5, 2017 at 10:10 pm

ok ma…your foresight is commendable

4. Asa

February 5, 2017 at 10:12 pm

I respect Betty Irabor so much but I am afraid she knows how to just put stamp of approval or disapproval on things in a coded way. It must be dampening for those who get the disapproval stamp. When Noble wedded Chioma, she didn’t talk about her hopes or visions of the couple, she wrote about the need to keep up with the Joneses. Me, I don’t know how the Igwe took it but I don’t think you should really be writing stuff over people’s marriage. Na dem go marry, na dem go work am out!

• dupsy

February 5, 2017 at 10:48 pm

I think it is a typical Nigerian thing, We all pass judgement all the time without even knowing we are doing so. It is the way our culture works. We always want to tell everyone what we feel based on our perceptions of people and things and feel our own personal feelings override everyone else, including the people we are talking about. It is the culture my dear!

5. o

February 5, 2017 at 10:56 pm

Must she always talk??? O ga. Not every time voice your opinion. Sometimes keep it to yourself.

6. Victor Adegoke

February 5, 2017 at 11:11 pm

There is no book or course that can explain marriage or wedding. It is better practised when you are really married,then you have started a course that has no syllabus.

7. memebaby

February 6, 2017 at 3:29 am

ugh! i didnt even finish.. aunty betty needs to calm down.. like these youngins seek approval from her,, e don do
    naija elders and marriage mata sef!

8. blah

February 6, 2017 at 6:28 am

That they did a small wedding is no indication it will last..it takes way more than that to keep a marriage..

9. ree

February 6, 2017 at 12:22 pm

Good for them! I wish them a happy married life.

10. Single Shalewa, Bitter Bintu!

February 6, 2017 at 4:37 pm

Yea, what they share is very deep strictly because they didn’t have a flamboyant or carnival engagement – which Mummy seems to always have a problem with.
    No wahala, we’re looking forward to Sonia’s lowkey wedding. Na here we go dey.
    I don’t understand how some of us have a problem with how people spend their hard earned money. When it’s not like they came to lend money from you for wedding.

11. Marks

February 6, 2017 at 6:20 pm

Say all you want but those who know what a marriage is about will tell you the union between these two people is VERY REAL. It’s unlike the cosmetic unions that permeate today’s weddings. I am very confident it will be forever and it will be in joy and abundance. Ameen.

• Dami