Events

Jackie Appiah, Ama K Abebrese, Victoria Lebene & more at Toke Makinwa’s “On Becoming” Book Reading & Signing in Ghana

BellaNaija.com

Despite all the Lawsuit drama of last week, Toke Makinwa shows no signs of stopping her book tour as she had a successful book reading and signing on Friday the 3rd of February at the La Palm Beach Hotel, Accra. The tour had celebrities and notable individuals in attendance such as Jackie Appiah, Ama K Abebrese, Victoria Lebene, Ahuofe Patri, Vanessa Gyan amongst others.

During the Q&A Session of the book reading/signing, the bestselling author gave insights on her book like never before, where she expressed the importance of sharing certain experiences in one’s life as a means of encouraging the public.

The media personality also stated that empowering people was of great significance to her. She added that the main goal for writing On Becoming was to enlighten people through her own experiences and be a support to others.

Toke Makinwa highlighted that On Becoming is more than the book but a movement that she will be taking to different countries around the world as a means to empower people facing life challenges.

See photos

Adina

Ahuofe Patri

Ama Abebrese & Toke Makinwa

Ama Abebrese

Jackie Appiah, Toke Makinwa, Ama Abebrese & Ahuofe Patri

Jackie Appiah

Ope Makinwa

Toke Makinwa & Victoia Lebene

Vanessa Gyan

1. Rayva

February 9, 2017 at 7:04 am

Wow…….see the pull, she really does attract success. Go toke….keep soaring

• Critique

February 9, 2017 at 8:55 am

I see, like, 20 people…

• boma

February 10, 2017 at 12:28 am

buhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha As in 20 people na dis one dry call pull LMAO

• bijouxthisbijouthat

February 9, 2017 at 10:35 am

loooolll,see proper hailing… this is what you call pull? we must be looking at different pictures..
      Ope is beautiful….

• Omodolapo

February 9, 2017 at 11:58 am

A country where mediocrity is celebrated. Ish!!

2. Sheba

February 9, 2017 at 8:17 am

Successful? When you were asked about the main character, Maje whose name was mentioned 378 times in the book, you were all defensive and lost your cool. If you can’t stand the heat, don’t enter the kitchen

3. Tgirl

February 9, 2017 at 8:23 am

Ope is such a babe! Like she is so fine gawd!

4. suga

February 9, 2017 at 9:35 am

Dear Toke and Ope ,I would advise you both to resist the urge to continue bleaching your skin… these thing called bleaching is only temporary and it often end with damages with out any remedy, your hands,legs and fingers are already looking ugly and you shouldn’t Wait until it gets out of hands and out of sight.you two are naturally beautiful with the right beauty features,so even if you get darker you would still be beautiful.Hope I sounded as Nice as a good friend? Thank me later.Bye..

5. Annie

February 9, 2017 at 10:27 am

My first time of commenting on this….
    I must say that Toke is a fearless woman now.And I think her experiences have made her who she is.
    Its never easy to come out and say that your man preferred another woman to you.
    Girl,I don’t know you but you indeed attract success!

6. Temi

February 9, 2017 at 11:42 am

THIS TOKE LOVES TO PUSH.. BUT THIS BOOK IS RUBBISH AND POORLY WRITTEN…. REALLY. YOU SEE IN NADJA WE SEE MEDIOCRE PEOPLE WHO TRY TO GIVE THEMSELVES NAMES.. THERE ARE SO MANY SMART, CAPABLE EDUCATED NIGERIAN WOMEN WHO ARE 100 TIMES MORE CAPABLE THAN THIS RATE OF TOKE.. I DON’T HAVE NOTHING AGAINST HER.. BUT LADIES LET’S BE HONEST SHE IS MEDIOCRE REALLY.. SHE MIGHT IMPRESS STUPID, AVERAGE NIGERIAN BUT NOT THE SMART ONES. I GIVE HER A D MINUS.. THAT IS WHAT SHE DESERVES A D . MINUS

• Kevin

February 9, 2017 at 12:42 pm

Wow you are such a hateful – be for the Lady

• Na wa

February 9, 2017 at 1:35 pm

‘I GIVE HER A D MINUS.. THAT IS WHAT SHE DESERVES A D . MINUS’ – You sound just like Donald Trump!

7. Memoir

February 9, 2017 at 3:30 pm

I respect and love “most” Ghanian women for their originality. They nuture and keep that chocolate skin the divine creator and Mama Africa gave to them. Unlike my yellow paw-paw Nigerian sisters , I wonder who taught them to hate themselves-Malcolm X

• Andi

February 9, 2017 at 11:04 pm

I’m yellow and I’ve never bleached, like many south south, a few south-west and many northern women. You sound jealous of yellow women, you’ll be alright

8. Anon

February 9, 2017 at 4:56 pm

BN, that’s not Adina na. That’s Regina

9. tunmi

February 9, 2017 at 5:32 pm

The woman in the second photo Ahuofe Patri is gorgeous. That photo speaks power

10. Rayva

February 9, 2017 at 5:47 pm

Bijoux and critique…… Go and do your own and let’s see the number and quality of people you would attract in another country. Even start a house fellowship in your local church and let’s see how many people would attend…….long hiss

11. Eaglebabe

February 9, 2017 at 7:55 pm

The first lady is not Adina. That is Regina, please correct it

12. Cynthia

February 10, 2017 at 2:59 pm

I respect her boldness and tenacity. Hustle on ma