Scoop

Madonna Confirms Adoption of Twin Sisters from Malawi | Says “I ask the media please to respect our privacy during this transitional time”

BellaNaija.com

After reports surfaced a few days ago thet 58-year-old superstar, Madonna, was adopting two new children from Malawi, the singer has officially confirmed.

Madonna was approved by the court system in the African country this week to adopt the two sisters.

She confirmed the news on Instagram saying:

“I can officially confirm I have completed the process of adopting twin sisters from Malawi and am overjoyed that they are now part of our family. I am deeply grateful to all those in Malawi who helped make this possible, and I ask the media please to respect our privacy during this transitional time. Thank you also to my friends, family and my very large team for all your support and Love!,”.

Madonna has four other children: Lourdes Leon, 20, Rocco Ritchie, 16, David Banda, 11, and Mercy James, 11. David and Mercy are from Malawi.

1. Tosin

February 8, 2017 at 9:02 pm

road modeh!

2. Anne

February 8, 2017 at 9:11 pm

Nice. Calling on all American celebrities who adopt. I have a question? Why don’t you adopt from Nigeria. Just wondering.

• liz

February 8, 2017 at 9:47 pm

Many others could be adopting from Nigeria but it most likely won’t be publicized because they are not high profile celebrities. Also at the end of the day all that matters is that one less hopeless child in the world has found a family to love and care for them. It really doesn’t matter what country the child is picked from. On American blogs people are also complaining about why she did not adopt from the United States. In the grand scheme of things this was an amazing gesture on her part. No need to nit pick.

• CovertNigerian

February 8, 2017 at 10:51 pm

I don’t know for sure, but just knowing Nigeria I would guess that difficult adoption laws and frustrating bureaucracy are factors preventing formal international adoptions.

• The Bull

February 9, 2017 at 2:57 am

I dont want to generalize, but when it comes to Nigeria, we never make things easy from asking for bribes for Visa’s, to difficulties when it comes to adoption, and we like to think we are sharp, so imagine how some people will behave if they know an American celeb is involved.

3. Ewa Ali

February 9, 2017 at 9:04 am

Chai! Who go come adopt me now??