BN TV

#SMWxBNStyle: Join us at Social Media Week Lagos 2017 for the “Building a Following on Social Media that Reflects your Brand and Translates to Revenue” Panel this Thursday!

BellaNaija Style

Social Media Week Lagos 2017 started yesterday and on Thursday the 2nd of March, BellaNaija Style will be hosting 4 fashion related panels for the #SHOPAFRICA Speakeasy at the SMW Interactive Pavilion.

Our second panel is at 7 pm on the topic; Building a Following on Social Media that Reflects your Brand and Translates to Revenue.

It’s not just enough to have a significant amount of followers on social media, how do you reach your target market, grab their attention and make them spend money? How does your brand personality affect the quality of your followers? All this and more will be discussed.

See the panelist profiles below.

• Adebayo Oke-Lawal – Adebayo is the Founder of androgynous menswear brand Orange Culture, an alternative designer brand that caters to discerning men. The brand has grown exceedingly garnering wide global recognition from LVMH to Vogue, etc.

• Bolanle Olukanni – Bolanle is a TV Host and Producer. She’s a popular television personality and talk show host of EbonyLife‘s hit TV show – Moments, who is also known for her stylish red carpet moments and chic outfit of the day posts on Instagram.

• Toju Foyeh – Toju Foyeh is the Creative Director of bespoke womenswear brand, Toju Foyeh. The designer has been in business for close to 10 years and dressed celebrities such as South African TV personality Bonang Matheba amongst many others. She also won the Future Award for Best Designer in 2012.

• Zina Anumudu –  Zina Anumudu the Founder of Style Concierge, she is a brand consultant and style influencer with an e-commerce store, ozinna.com, where her followers can shop her outfits.

• Matopeda Salami aka Tope FnR – Tope is the Creative Director of FnR (Frockit Rockit) , a womenswear designer that has dressed mega celebrities such as Beyonce and Genevieve Nnaji. The brand has built a good amount of following online with impeccable bespoke designs

Click here to register and join us this Thursday!

1. Kosi

February 27, 2017 at 9:19 pm

Any panel that includes tope fnr does not have my attention.

• sika

February 27, 2017 at 10:58 pm

As in!!! You spoke my mind. Meanwhile, I’m trying really hard to ignore Tojus bleaching. smh

• HRH

February 28, 2017 at 2:33 am

Omo That Toju matter is serious oh, in reading she was just a normal brown skin I even have throwback pictures now she looks like she’s Thai with the bleaching injections

• Kate

February 28, 2017 at 2:10 am

Lol you may not like her but she has close to a 100k followers on IG although followers doesn’t always equal clients but this has to count for somethjng. I’m sure up and coming entrepreneurs can learn a thing or two. SN I wonder if it’s possible as an entrepreneur to build a business brand or following without necessarily posting personal pictures of themselves on IG. Is this impossible?

• Kamal

March 1, 2017 at 12:08 am

Hello Kate,

I own two brands and have never posted my personal pictures on the Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter pages. I have my personal pages where I do that. I like the fact that I am building my brands without people knowing who owns them. For me, it is not important. What is paramount now is for the brands to evolve and have a solid foundation. It is not about me for now, and I don’t grant interviews. My brands have an identity without being linked to me. Even on the websites, there is nothing about me.

All the best.
      Kamal.

• HRH

February 28, 2017 at 2:34 am

I thought she was Tope Abiola, anyone else notice the Salami? Is she secretly married or late name change maybe…

• Tosin

March 1, 2017 at 12:09 pm

Why? Just curious.

2. Thank You Kamal

March 3, 2017 at 8:15 am

Thank you for your response Kamal. I’m glad to know that this is possible and brands can grow without the ‘over personal’ display. Thanks for responding.