News

Speaker Dogara in 5-minute conversation with President Buhari

BellaNaija.com

Amid speculations about the state of health of President Muhammadu Buhari currently on vacation in the United Kingdom, the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Yakubu Dogara, said on Thursday that he had spoken with the president.

According to the Speaker’s Special Adviser on Media and Public Affairs, Turaki Hassan, the President called Dogara on Wednesday night.

“The President called the Speaker at about 9.20PM on Wednesday and the two leaders spoke for a little over five minutes.”

“Although the President and the Speaker discussed other national issues, much of it centred on how the Executive and the Legislature can work together to ensure food security for Nigerians and prevent a relapse into events of 2016,’’ Hassan said in a statement.

Senate President, Bukola Saraki, who said he had also spoken with Buhari, tweeted: “He is hale and hearty, going by his voice on telephone which suggested that he is in sound health.’’

The President had proceeded on a 10-day vacation in UK on Jan. 19 for a routine medical check as indicated in a letter to the Senate which also authorised Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo to act as president pending his return.

However, at the expiration of the 10 days, the President, who could not make it back to the country, transmitted another letter to the Senate requesting extension of time to complete his check-up.

1. Thelma

February 10, 2017 at 7:54 am

Guys, this does not look good. This is how Ministers and Senators were also getting phantom calls from by-then comatose President YarAdua. This is the same script all over again. APC you are not inspiring confidence in anybody with these actions. If he is hale and hearty as you say, a simple televised address from the UK would put everyone’s mind at rest.

You can’t blame us for being paranoid, we have had a President die on us before and have his wife and “the cabal” hijack the state apparatus for months!!!

2. keke driver

February 10, 2017 at 8:05 am

This thing is beginning to really irritate me, everyone is trying too hard to convince us that they spoke with the president, who cares really? We DEMAND that he addresses us either on Skype, live Facebook or other social media platforms let them keep their dirty corrupt mouths shut….. Are we so insignificant???

• Seriously

February 10, 2017 at 12:29 pm

Well, I spoke to Buhari. He was just laughing. He’s very hale and hearty.

P.S Did y’all see the pic of Buhari that the guy(his cousin works in the hospital where Buhari is) posted before Twitter pulled it down. It looked like Buhari is literally fighting for his last breathe. It’s a disservice to Nigerians to keep lying and pretending.
      Africans have an odd way of dealing with death. It’s better to be realistic. Everyone will die one day.

3. Jane(the real Jane)

February 10, 2017 at 8:07 am

No be only food security. Well nothing iz hidden under the son. The truth will pop out soon.

4. jess

February 10, 2017 at 8:13 am

Lets play a game, “guess who will speak to Buhari next”

• Mannie

February 10, 2017 at 10:33 am

My bet is on El-Rufai.

• kilipot

February 11, 2017 at 1:07 am

Sanusi Lamido

5. Ouch!

February 10, 2017 at 9:39 am

All these your ” I spoke with president Buhari” is not working. Forget about speaking with him, just find a way to fix this country.

6. feyi

February 10, 2017 at 10:06 am

I feel I’m the only one that has not spoken to the President yet.

7. Abasha

February 10, 2017 at 10:58 am

all these, i have been speaking peaking with buhari antics is beginning to look like aso ebi. They should share the cost of the and lace to me. let me buy. Shior

8. Queen Beauty

February 10, 2017 at 11:28 am

It’s disheartening I swear…hw dese pple think we r fools is wnt I’m still trying to undastnd… Wehdone sirs

9. Temi

February 10, 2017 at 11:46 am

Hehe he! Wonders shall never end

10. funmilola

February 10, 2017 at 1:08 pm

you guys should calm down.
    I also spoke with buhari too, he says he’s hake and hearty, he’s been working hard putting finishing touches to the remix of “I’m alive” by Celine Dion.
    that’s what someone said to me on WhatsApp

11. Diokpa

February 10, 2017 at 2:39 pm

All these “”PMB called me and asked about my work, school, Bae etc”” sound like Letter of St. Paul to the Christians in Thessalonians, Corinthians, Ephesians telling them to keep the faith after he is long gone….. Is he about to die? I have an eerie feeling… Aisha, Zahra, the Indimis (in-laws) etc are very quiet at this time. All is definitely not well. I pray for his recovery.

12. NG

February 10, 2017 at 3:20 pm

I spoke with PMB too and he told me he has to speak with more Niger people o as he saw through Asiwaju and him Bro Akande who cunningly came to check him out for their other bro (you know who is waiting in the wings), while pretending they came to wish him well. Lol.
    So fellow Naija people, expect ya own call o.