Music

“My biggest turn on is a woman who is intelligent” – Jidenna opens up on his Taste in Women, Polyamory, Dating & More

Nigerian-American rapper Jidenna Theodore Mobisson, simply known as Jidenna, in a recent interview with VH1 opened up about his preferences when it comes to selecting a partner, his thought on monogamy and polyamory as well as his sex life.

Read below:

On if he is a chief in the bedroom: Of course. What else would I be? I like to keep it in the music, in songs, so that women can find out. I am not the guy on Instagram being like, “Yeah! N*gga, I’m the chief!” And then put the hashtag, “#ChiefInDaBedroom”. I’m not thirsty like that. I’m hungry, but I won’t be out there doing that.”

On his thoughts on monogamy: Yeah, I believe in monogamy. I’ve dabbled into monogamy and polyamory. I believe in both, it just depends on the persons, depends on the maturity, depends on the situation. I’m single right now. Both of those songs, definitely Bambi, it kinda shows me grappling with being with a woman and [wondering if] this is the right scenario for me. I can tell you that I am not a fan of polygamy. That’s why the lyrics says, “If grandfather never had seven wives.” The two ideals that were presented to us are: you are either a polygamist, or you are a monogamist but you are some sort of ladies’ man and cheating on your woman. I don’t subscribe to that at all. It’s a lot of drama and I’ve got way bigger things to do in this life before I pass away into the next. I am not messing with that. But, I will like that to say that both monogamy and polyamory is not to be mistaken as Polygamy. Polygamy is one form of it that I don’t like at all.

On his biggest turn on in a woman: My biggest turn on is a woman who is intelligent- who is intelligent on the street and book smart. I’ll roll with her to the White House. I can roll with her to my homie’s crib. If you can’t make both circles, I am not messing with you. You’ve got to be extremely intelligent and sharp. That’s my first thing. Obviously, I look at her- she’s got to be bad, but the second thing I look at is your mind.

Read more from the interview here.

Photo Credit: VH1

1. Nunulicious

March 18, 2017 at 1:58 am

Gerrover hia, you saposexual polyamorous boy. Let me play you some music and show you who is chief…

• From a Sapiosexual woman

March 18, 2017 at 7:05 pm

Jidenna sadly as a Sapiophile/Sapiosexual,. I think you are in the wrong profession to want to date another Sapiosexual because in realms of Sapiosexuality, likes attract. Not surprised you are still single cos it would be rare for sapiophilic woman to date a musician due to the apparent or pecieved stereotype around musicians as lacking in intellectualism and sustained wealth. The only exception is if she herself happens to be a musician also or in similar show bizz profession.

Female Sapiosexuals are inwardly very picky and a tad snobbery when it comes to thier choice of a partner. They are even more picky than their male counterparts. Safe to say, as part of the sapiosexual package, money and lots of it is required to please a Sapiosexual female although she will be ashamed to try to make this bit of her self known, and needless to say, she already got her own.

The only people I know available in your industry are women like Beyonce or Janelle Monae. Not surprised the kind of man the former went for. Jay Z an A Lister and also the best in the game to be with someone like Beyonce who is both street smart and looks book smart also.

Same goes to you Banky W, I watched your interview which is closely similar to Jidenna’s regarding your attraction in a woman. Not surprising you are technically still single, going by word on the street.

Truth is, as a musician una go wait too long to find such as woman you are looking for.

• waaka

March 19, 2017 at 11:16 am

Professor of Sapiosexualogy!! I hail ohhh!!

2. Joke

March 18, 2017 at 2:40 am

Like the one on your album abi? Oniranu. Boy was I disappointed when I saw it.

3. A

March 18, 2017 at 2:48 am

The way people so easily use curse words on the internet marvels me. If you don’t like something,why not just move along? You are just 1 outta the 7,000,000,000 earth, other people will like it.

4. Hmmmm

March 18, 2017 at 8:47 am

I actually don’t want a guy to like me for my intelligence. I hate it when guys say that. I want him to be crazy about me because I have his mumu button and my feminine ways get to him. Then of course he loves the real me that can be goofy etc. when a guy loves you like that, you’re releases to be your best self and not under any pressure to be a certain image. Btw, I hardly believe guys that rant all these sapiosexual stuff, they’re just being politically correct. Most of them just want a babe to drive them crazy. Girls be falling for this sapiosexual trap while some sensual Melanie is having his mumu button

5. ardnas

March 18, 2017 at 9:17 am

This Jiddenna has sense jor. Av always been sapiosexual.

6. Simi

March 18, 2017 at 4:48 pm

Nor be today, We have to be everything. I’m kuku everywoman, it’s all in me. Oya come.

Me too, I want a guy that can hang in any and every situation (meet with presidents and hang out in ‘slums’), fun and smart, looks good, smells good, smiles good, dress good, non-judgemental, spiritual……..

Trolling oh. I know there’s no perfection, abeg. I can’t fight on the internet.

7. Aisha

March 18, 2017 at 10:30 pm

There are some people who need time to trust you before they can open their minds to you; so it would really be a bad idea to be on the prowl to instantly get connected and make love to someone’s mind.
    There’s no reason to get yourself locked in a sapiosexual box. Just take people as they are and if all goes right, you’ll gain that access.

8. Maryfreda

September 24, 2018 at 2:55 pm

I believe that as much as intelligence is a criteria for defining the kind of partner you want to be attracted to, the level of measuring that partner is not equivalent to the world or people in general but purely measured by your own standard of Intelligence. So in other words an average intelligent mind is most likely going to be attracted with either an average or a little bit higher than them, in all honesty no one wants to look like a fool beside their partner and when the target is too high there become a breach in communication between them even if you are sapiosexual, There are different level of intelligent from the IQ to EQ when the balance is right the relationship can last for as long as possible, yes we get turn on by intelligence but not all of us stay in the relationship long, we move on as soon as we find another interesting subject, it is like a game we find thrilling, fathoming, arguing and understanding another mind apart from ours, the way some people drool over hot guys with nice buds, we drool over intelligent mind but then we move on so, so balance is very important for sapiosexual that is why we are sometimes considered snubs because we are looking through for our balance among the maze of peoples mind, that is why it is quite had for us to settle down in life, till date i am still considered weird among my colleagues but that doesn’t bother me because i find them weird, because half of what i say or do they don’t understand, that leaves me single, searching ans sorting. Lol… The life of a sapiosexual.