News

This Report says Goodluck Jonathan “Rejected” British Government’s offer to Rescue Abducted Chibok Girls in 2014

BellaNaija.com

There has been a lot of controversy since the abduction of about 276 female students of Chibok Secondary School by terrorist group Boko Haram, in April 2014.

The prevailing one being that the then president, Goodluck Jonathan refused to acknowledge or act on the report of the abduction weeks after it happened.

The abduction led to a worldwide campaign tagged “#BringBackOurGirls” and the creation of the Bring Back Our Girls (BBOG) Advocacy group who are still very much active today.

57 of the abducted girls escaped on the night of the abduction. One of them was found in May last year and 23 of them were released last October following negotiations between the Federal government and the terrorist sect which was mediated by the Red Cross and the Swiss government.

According to a report published by The Guardian UK, Jonathan’s administration rejected an officer from the British governmet to rescue the girls after an air surveillance reealed their location days after their abduction.

Read an excerpt of the report here:

British armed forces offered to attempt to rescue nearly 300 Nigerian schoolgirls kidnapped by the Islamist militant group Boko Haram, but were rebuffed by Goodluck Jonathan, Nigeria’s president at the time, the Observer has learned.

In a mission named Operation Turus, the RAF conducted air reconnaissance over northern Nigeria for several months, following the kidnapping of 276 girls from the town of Chibok in April 2014. “The girls were located in the first few weeks of the RAF mission,” a source involved in Operation Turus told the Observer. “We offered to rescue them, but the Nigerian government declined.”

The girls were then tracked by the aircraft as they were dispersed into progressively smaller groups over the following months, the source added.

Notes from meetings between UK and Nigerian officials, obtained through the Freedom of Information Act, also suggest that Nigeria shunned international offers to rescue the girls. While Nigeria welcomed an aid package and assistance from the US, the UK and France in looking for the girls, it viewed any action to be taken against kidnapping as a “national issue”.

“Nigeria’s intelligence and military services must solve the ultimate problem,” said Jonathan in a meeting with the UK’s then Africa minister, Mark Simmonds, on 15 May 2014.

A document summarising a meeting in Abuja in September 2014 between Nigeria’s national security adviser and James Duddridge MP, former under-secretary of state at the Foreign Office, shows Operation Turus had advanced to the point where rescue options were being discussed. Minutes from a meeting the following month between Major-General James Chiswell and Jonathan hinted at the frustration felt by those trying to prompt some action from Nigeria.

“(President) Jonathan was still focused on ‘platforms’. General Chiswell said again we could offer advice on what equipment might make sense and how weapon systems might be best deployed,” the October 2014 document stated.

The Nigerian government did not respond to a request for comment. The Foreign Office said: “We wouldn’t comment on specific operational details, which are a matter for the Nigerian government and military.”

Read the full report HERE.

1. Darius

March 5, 2017 at 11:20 am

Jonathan was not a decisive leader. I heard he was always drunk. A report I read alleges that the Principal and teachers of the said school who had children and wards in the school had them withdrawn before that fateful day. Some people knew beforehand that something like that was going to happen. I wonder why the government hasn’t launched an inquiry. I can’t count the number of soldiers I know who were killed in Borno State. During the heat of the crisis, the Nigerian troops were not properly armed and as a result, many were killed. I vividly remember when Mubi was attacked; all the churches were burnt and what did GEJ do? He went to one African country to settle a dispute. What kind of leader goes to another country to settle a dispute when his country is on fire? Buhari didn’t win the presidency because of anything, but because of GEF’s inaction and his inability of govern. God will punish those who had a hand in the abduction of those innocent girls. God’s judgment awaits them.

2. Madman

March 5, 2017 at 11:21 am

Leave GEJ alone.

What is Buhari doing ?

• A Real Nigerian

March 5, 2017 at 12:25 pm

Smh.

• Jade

March 6, 2017 at 1:18 am

The only time I will agree with your madness. Seriously, let’s focus on what Buhari is doing.

• critic

March 6, 2017 at 10:26 am

i wouldnt be surprised you were part of those who said chibok abduction was a scam by Buhari. we should just go back to true federalism in this country, our tribalism is taller than the WTC.

3. FasholasLover

March 5, 2017 at 11:26 am

Balderdash! Were girls missing? Chibok school girls, chibok school girls yet, not once have we seen a congregation of the parents of the Chibok school girls. No pictures either of all the girls. Only twenty odd pictures by Oby and her gang.. Now that Oby’s co travellers have been “rewarded” with office, need we continue to ascribe their intent to altruism? With the way PMB has treated the remaining members of the BBOG with disdain after the elections, should we still be talking abduction? How come the rescued/returned/swapped girls have never been allowed to address the Nation? There was strife akin to war in the North East. Girls, men, women and children were abducted. I have never believed in this Chibok school girls abduction. It was propaganda period.

The foreign media, it’s govt and lies. The same way weapons of mass destruction was found to be in Iraq. We all know what has been happening since the destruction of Iraq. The same countries that refused to sell arms to the GEJ govt which was how Nigeria started ferrying cash all over the world. Ofcourse we also now know what happened. The cash was doled out as gifts. Enough already.

• A Real Nigerian

March 5, 2017 at 12:48 pm

Shame on you for bringing up tired, throwaway conspiracy theories about missing schoolgirls.

“Chibok school girls, chibok school girls yet, not once have we seen a congregation of the parents of the Chibok school girls.”
      Did you even watch Nigerian TV during that period? If you did, you would have seen the congregation many times. I personally know someone whose daughter schooled there and was abducted so gtfoh with this crap.

“How come the rescued/returned/swapped girls have never been allowed to address the Nation?”
      I bet if they did address the nation, you’d say how come someone who just got kidnapped is talking so fluently on national TV? Or maybe bring up another conspiracy theory to fuel your rhetoric?

“There was strife akin to war in the North East. Girls, men, women and children were abducted. I have never believed in this Chibok school girls abduction. It was propaganda period.”
      Don’t you hear of schools being burned down and students killed regularly in the NE? So what then is such a big deal about girls being kidnapped from a school? Propaganda by whom and for what reason?

“Could it be that Jonathan refused to act immediately because intelligence knew there was no abduction? I don’t trust all these power hungry Northerners and their southern cohorts who wanted power by all means.. Now they have power yet, do not know what to do with it.”
      What intelligence? Do you think the Nigerian military has a competent intelligence department capable of dealing with an organized terror group? Wth? These people get shown hell by cultists and you think they can tackle a terrorist group? Didn’t you hear about the plane that shot down an IDP camp recently based off of some retarded ‘intelligence’ that left 200 dead?

“The foreign media, it’s govt and lies. The same way weapons of mass destruction was found to be in Iraq. We all know what has been happening since the destruction of Iraq.”
      Isolated and unrelated incident. I’m guessing they are lying about the atrocities being committed by members of your ‘intelligent’ military against people in IDP camps, right?

“The same countries that refused to sell arms to the GEJ govt which was how Nigeria started ferrying cash all over the world.”
      Why would they sell arms to a country that has its weapons regularly stolen by Boko Haram? Or a country that allowed Kabiru Sokoto escape?
      You are not like Pakistan, Pakistan has a highly organized and effective military and that is why the US keeps selling them high-end weaponry. You think the Americans are stupid enough to give weapons to a country ran by clueless, inept people? They’d rather give it to Al Qaeda vs Russia and the FSL. Says a lot about Nigeria.

• A Real Nigerian

March 5, 2017 at 12:49 pm

*FSA

• FasholasLover

March 5, 2017 at 2:13 pm

@A Real Nigerian, go take a chilled glass of piss. I know your destiny can never be fulfilled until l l grant you audience. Now, l have paid you attention. Go and fulfill your destiny. WTH are you to even counter what anyone here says you dumb fuck full of angst. Your progenitors would not dare question what l have written up there talkless of you a gutter rat. Only idiots like you who thrive on pedestrian argument would not see this crappy report and the abduction propaganda for what it is. If you were some smart person here, l would take my time to educate you but, considering it is you coming at me with this lame ass call out, l have chosen to speak to you in the only language you understand. Now, crawl back into the cesspit you crawled out from you bloody two O’clock beauty queen.

Now that l have granted you audience, do not forget to put it on your CV. Ass wipe.

• Zeezee

March 5, 2017 at 2:59 pm

Nne don’t mind @fasholaslover. Check out his name sef-it says it all. It’s disgusting when Nigerians support dirty politicians. Buhari is a dirtier politician but Jonathan was quite nasty. I bet you @fasholaslover does not live anywhere north of Abuja. He cannot relate to what is happening, forgive him.
      Jonathan’s attitude was the same- nonchalant about lives being lost because he cannot relate to them.

• FasholasLover

March 5, 2017 at 3:13 pm

[email protected], you are obviously new on this blog otherwise, you will know the reason behind/meaning of my blog name. Btw, l am as female as they come – hian. You see, you know nada….. From the way you write, I could easily have you for Lunch and spit you out but, l am actually nice sometimes. So, go and sin no more.

• I pity your mum

March 5, 2017 at 3:47 pm

I feel for your parents

• A Real Nigerian

March 5, 2017 at 4:19 pm

Summary of your idiotic comment:
      “Wah wah wah!!! Look at me!! I’m an ignorant, blinded buffoon who is waayyyyy too stupid to step outside my comfort zone and see the truth!! So I will stay in my echo chamber of lunacy and lies, make up some conspiracy theories to fuel my retarded rhetoric and then I’ll spam it on the internet using good grammar!! That’ll show them! Waaaaaahhh!!”

ROTFL!!

But seriously.

“I know your destiny can never be fulfilled until I grant you audience”
      “This is you coming at me with this lame callout”

Callout? Uhhhh… I’m guessing we have history? Because I don’t have a clue what you’re talking about. Did I offend you sometime last year? Did I call you out on some bullshit and now you’ve been planning your revenge? Ohh I’m scared.

I counter every thing you said. You have no response, so you went on with boring, overused attacks.
      “Gutter rat”
      “Two o’clock beauty queen”
      “Full of angst”
      How edgy, how ghetto.
      I’m all for being vulgar when necessary, but please, when it involves a serious argument, always mix the foul-mouthed tirade with facts and a logical argument. I guess you’re wayyyyy too stupid to realise this?

“Only idiots like you who thrive on pedestrian argument would not see this crappy report and the abduction propaganda for what it is”

Ohhhhh. You’re the typical, blinded moron who overthinks and sees everything as a consipracy theory and propaganda?
      What are you going to say next? Jet fuel can’t melt steel beams? Heh.

Talks about pedestrian argument, proceeds to talk about conspiracy theories without proof. If you want to coin a senseless theory to fuel your rhetoric, at least be a little bit smart about it and make up something – anything – to make it firm. Have you heard of alternative facts? You can use them too!! But you had nothing so you had to dumb it down to “northerners” nonsense. Oh my.

But please, tell me how the abduction of school girls is an anomaly in a region torn by war. Just tell me. I’d love to see the logic behind this completely idiotic and wild assertion.

I’ll be waiting.
      And if you want to continue with the exchange of insults, I’ll also be waiting.

• A Real Nigerian

March 5, 2017 at 5:03 pm

Summary of your idiotic comment:
      “Wah wah wah!!! Look at me!! I’m an ignorant, buffoon who is waayyyyy too stupid to step outside my comfort zone and see the truth!! So I will stay in my echo chamber of lunacy and lies, make up some conspiracy theories to fuel my retarded rhetoric and then I’ll spam it on the internet using good grammar!! That’ll show them! Waaaaaahhh!!”

ROTFL!!

But seriously.

“I know your destiny can never be fulfilled until I grant you audience”
      “This is you coming at me with this lame callout”

Callout? Uhhhh… I’m guessing we have history? Because I don’t have a clue what you’re talking about. Did I offend you sometime last year? Did I call you out on some BS and now you’re finally dishing out revenge? Ohh I’m scared.

I countered every thing you said. You have no response, so you went on with boring, overused attacks.
      “Gutter rat”
      “Two o’clock beauty queen”
      “Full of angst”
      How edgy, how ghetto.

What are you going to say next? Jet fuel can’t melt steel beams? Heh.

I’ll be waiting.
      And if you want to continue with the exchange of insults, I’ll also be waiting.

• FasholasLover

March 5, 2017 at 6:54 pm

@A real Nigerian, You are oh so simple. Nope, you and I do not have history because, I always treat fuck ups like yours when they come my way and l move on until the next argument comes up. I always knew you were ignorant and l have no time to school you. You have to educate yourself and think out of the box and not just believe some shit that low level persons dump on you. So, girls were abducted from a particular school, the question I expect you to ask yourself is why this government has not deemed it fit to regale us with their findings wrt who played what role since assumption of office especially considering the way they have made a song and dance over the short comings of the last administration? Naah, that would be expecting too much from you. Your head is too far buried in your back side that the only time you come up for air, you are too dizzy to think straight. This govt and and it’s paid agents thrive on distracting simpletons like you and swallow the bull crap you are served just because you are too lazy to think. The girls from that particular school were meant to be writing the SSSCE in a science subject, have you listened to the girls brought on TV?

You are as clueless as they come which is why you hide behind throwing tantrums. Maybe, just maybe if you make sense going forward and stop going wah, wah, wah ( ‘borrowed that from you) I may address you like an adult with a reasonable sense of reality. Like I said previously, the stench that comes from you is off putting and l can only respond to you only in the language you understand. Now, go fcuk yourself.

• Nerve

March 5, 2017 at 7:24 pm

A Real Nigerian you mean you are going to wait as in sit by your phone and be boiling till fasholaslover comes for you again? Now I understand your drama. By the way, don’t you know how to come back without writing an epistle? kikikikikiki.

• I PITY UR DAD

March 5, 2017 at 7:47 pm

@I pity your mum. LEAVE PARENTS OUT OF THIS. CANT YOU WRITE LIKE YOUR MATES. OKPONU. Useless thing.

• A Real Nigerian

March 5, 2017 at 8:32 pm

Looool!
      You keep on yapping BS about “having no time to school me”
      Why don’t you simply admit that you just don’t have what it takes to educate anyone? You don’t have the facts and you obviously don’t have the intelligence.

“So, girls were abducted from a particular school, the question I expect you to ask yourself is why this government has not deemed it fit to regale us with their findings wrt who played what role since assumption of office especially considering the way they have made a song and dance over the short comings of the last administration?”

Since when has the Nigerian government ever been competent with anything? Just because they don’t have any “findings” means the abductions never happened?
      That is as stupid as saying Bola Ige wasn’t assassinated by someone within the circle of OBJ just because there has never been a formal conclusion to the investigation of his murder.
      A government that cannot replace a minster after 1 year, a government that cannot lay out good blueprint for the economy or anything else and you’re expecting them to tell you who played a role in the abductions?
      But i’m not surprised that you reason this way. I mean you actually believe that the Nigerian Army had legitimate “intelligence reports”. ?????

“The girls from that particular school were meant to be writing the SSSCE in a science subject, have you listened to the girls brought on TV?”
      What is this about? Are you talking about their spoken English? Let me assume this is the case. Don’t tell me you’re so detached from reality that you do not realize that many students in Nigeria write and pass SSCE when they are basically semi-literates. Ever heard of miracle centers and bribery? Maybe if you weren’t so passionate about your conspiracy theories, you’d have a clue.

So, after all the talk about having no time to educate me, you cheekily put in some halfhearted and weak attempt at shedding light on your mind numbing theory? And yet, this is all you could come up with?! I’m genuinely shocked by your baseless arrogance, I genuinely thought you had something legitimate to offer.
      If you are actually going to put on the tough black girl persona, please back it up with someting in your head. You can’t be all brawn and no brains. That’s just sad and empty.

I have once again disproved the pitiful, pathetic nonsense you tried to parade as proof of your conspiracy theory. You’re making this too easy because you’re an exceptionally ignorant and clueless person living under the grand delusion that she is some smart, strong deep-thinker.

I’ll be waiting for another response. Are you going to try harder this time are you going to wow all of us with yet another dumb “proof”?

We can do this all day, all week, all year.
      As you know, I am a bitter person with no life outside of BN, so I will always have your time.
      Come at me.
      Waiting,.. ?

• A Real Nigerian

March 5, 2017 at 8:36 pm

@nerve. Aunty or Uncle, I am not attempting a “comeback” or trying to be cool. I am simply calling out someone on her BS and ignorance.
      If you have a problem with the epsitles, you really do not have to read them.
      I know you’re the typical Nigerian who likes to trivialize everything into short, shallow nonsense containing cringeworthy humour. Go back to Twitter with that nonsense.

• NERVE

March 5, 2017 at 8:52 pm

Kwakwakwakwa so somebody on this blog can actually get under your skin like this? Now you know you do not have monopoly over bad behaviour.

• FasholasLover

March 5, 2017 at 9:52 pm

@ a Real Nigerian, You say “You are bitter, you have no life outside of BN…..” Most of us here already know this so, you ain’t saying anything new. Something terrible must have happened to you. You must share someday. Maybe today? Ashe o ti le! You are all sound and no bite – you are full of sound and fury, signifying nada. All your bad ass bitch act is just a front. My friend get out of here. You were also waiting for me….. so primary school tantrum. When l read the part where you said you are waiting for me… l actually started laughing.
      I can imagine you frot in the mouth and convulsing while waiting for my post. Your antics are boring. Same ol same ol.. Now, l have your mumu button.

You are allowed to pee on yourself, vomit, roll in it but just don’t keel over and die. In as much as l find you irritating sometimes, you do provide some comic relief. Now, you may go have a shower and be a good kid. Silly rabbit.

• A Real Nigerian

March 6, 2017 at 9:17 am

“@ a Real Nigerian, You say “You are bitter, you have no life outside of BN…..” Most of us here already know this so, you ain’t saying anything new.”
      Too dumb to grasp sarcasm. Expected.

“Something terrible must have happened to you. You must share someday. Maybe today? Ashe o ti le! You are all sound and no bite – you are full of sound and fury, signifying nada.”
      Again? Is this all you’ve got? I’m full of angst blah blah blah. This is honestly boring. Put in some effort will you?

The point remains: You are still unable to provide facts or any semi-convincing evidence to affirm your tame, lame and hapless conspiracy theory. You just desperately threw together some laughable, illogical and idiotic points that even a child would have no problem disproving. Embarrassing.
      I’m sure you are surrounded by yes-men who always agree with every stupid thing you say because they are afraid of the backlash that will come from Ms Tough Black Girl with a sharp mouth. .? This is the only way I can explain your arrogance cause I don’t really kknow how anyone can be so arrogant when they know absolutely nothing.
      I know it will always haunt you that for once, you were confronted about your BS and you could find NO SINGLE way to defend yourself. Tell me, how does it feel finally coming to the realization that you are a liar and a desperate, delusional airhead?
      Please come around with some more nonsense to prove that the girls weren’t abducted so that we can all laugh and make fun of your ignorance and emptiness.
      Day 2 b%%tch. We can continue it o. I have your time and I am waiting. ?

• Temi

March 7, 2017 at 2:00 am

Real nigerian, you get a taste of your on medicine. See the way you are ranting up and down.

• Zeezee

March 5, 2017 at 11:12 pm

@fasholaslover, I’m not new to this blog dear, I’m just not bothered enough about you to know if you’re male or female. And frankly what does it matter?
      I think you should sometimes visit this and any other blog or social media site to learn, rather than dish out/ chew and spit out. There’s so much you can do with information when you have an open mind.
      Nobody is fighting with you. Take it easy, GEJ and Fashola sef no even need you to dey carry dem for head.

• critic

March 6, 2017 at 10:28 am

why was patience shedding fake tears in the first instance????

4. EE

March 5, 2017 at 11:31 am

Sorry but GEJ was dead on here, in my view. Besides what were British aircrafts doing in our air space were they given permission???

The GEJ government had no way of knowing or trusting the intentions of the British government, who lest everybody forgets started the chaos in the ‘Sudan’ by bombing Libya.

Some people will try and spin this as monstrous, ignore them. GEJ put the interests of the Nigerian state first, at least in this situation.

• A Real Nigerian

March 5, 2017 at 12:25 pm

Wtf?
      Don’t tell me you’re on to this nationalist crap? And how did they start the chaos in the Sudan via Libya?

“Rather than compromise our security, he preferred to trust our military, what is their purpose if British boots have to desecrate our soil again???”

Trust the military? The same military who had top officials allow the stealing of weapons from the Nigerian Armoury? The weapons now being used by Boko Haram? Look where the trust got you.
      Newsflash: Your security is already compromised and has been for nearly 5 years. Thinking that Big White Evil will create Colonialism Pt 2 is highly laughable.

No, this was not monstrous. It was simply clueless and inconsiderate. GEJ did not put the interest of the Nigerian State at first, he was probably misled by top Military officials who have connections with Boko Haram and don’t want to get exposed. Don’t think for a second that GEJ had any idea why he was doing.

• EE

March 5, 2017 at 1:48 pm

“Don’t tell me you’re on to this nationalist crap?”

Nationalism is crap to you???? Oya tell me the alternative?? Tribalism?? LOL, you’re one of those loopy Pan-Africans aren’t you??

The Sudan as in the historical term for the Northern regions of West Africa. Easy enough.

This Map showing the outflow of weapons and mercenaries from Libya: static01.nyt.com/newsgraphics/2016/01/19/libya-isis-weapons/0d110e7b27c64ba9f7cc15d8c2a01e6add0d4263/maps-720.png

Now whose bombings and hardon for Ghaddafi’s demise triggered that? Some will say Sec. Clinton, but before her, it was Cameron and Sarkozy that went imperialist.

“Thinking that Big White Evil will create Colonialism Pt 2 is highly laughable.”

Okay then, define under what conditions we’re living in, is Nigeria sovereign in the sense of being capable of independent foreign policy, is our airspace sovereign??? Clearly No! Comparatively, think of the foreign policy of an Iran or even little crazy North Korea, fellow petro-state Saudi too has an independent foreign policy, we don’t!. That should annoy REAL Nigerians.

Your reading of the situation is extremely pessimistic, the officers may be corrupt, but they swore an oath to the Federal Republic of Nigeria as did the President, I choose to hold them to that.

Looking at the Boko Haram conflict, they have been on the backfoot since the election offensive ordered by GEJ. Better that we muddled through this conflict on our own than been compromised (further) by foreign states.

• Ade

March 5, 2017 at 2:32 pm

GEJ, the self self serving, incompetent, senile and ineffectual buffon with great passion for stealing wrapped with a tin foil of humility.

• OverSabi

March 5, 2017 at 2:52 pm

You lot sound like Donald Trump. GEJ all the time it has now become a song. Please what has your messiah done? In short where is he? He has gone to London to see the queen.

• EE

March 5, 2017 at 3:01 pm

I replied you, but maybe the Mod is busy in the wedding section.

• nene+

March 5, 2017 at 3:12 pm

Ade’s meat ?is here!
      A certain pastor Darius or so from Chibok told Nigerians with ears that the girls said they were forcefully taken and kept in a “big mans” house. It was all politics to discredit GEJ, the Northern selfish went as far as hurting themselves to get power. The missing Christian girl s were taken forcefully for a purpose. If not, can they let Maupe of Channel TV interview one of them. Physics students who don’t understand English? Tueeehhh !!!
      The organizers, actors and actresses have long been compensated with big positions. Even the principal is now a commissioner in Bornu state, the fake activist Usman rewarded with NPA as its boss is there wallowing in ignorance in shipping! Tuehhhh haters of GEJ ! I hope you are enjoying your fraud wrapped in the foil of changi?

• A Real Nigerian

March 5, 2017 at 5:10 pm

“I replied you, but maybe the Mod is busy in the wedding section.”

Busy tapping into unknown blessings??

• Ade

March 5, 2017 at 5:27 pm

@Nene+, no need to counter your diatribe as you have repeatedly displayed your lack of intellectual insight. Some of us still have the milk of humanity in us, so whatever happens to a northerner or easterner catches our attention. However, it is just a case of PMB vs GEJ and Eastener vs other other ethnic groups with you. I cannot help you,keep enjoying your shallowness.

5. nnenne

March 5, 2017 at 3:17 pm

Sometimes I sit and wonder what the likes of Ade would be doing if GEJ, were to switch places with Bihari, in London now!

Were Chibok girls the only ones who perished in the North East?

Suddenly, everyone forgot that mass murder , destruction of lives. and properties are ENDEMIC in the North!!!
    When the boy cries wolf all the time, who will pay him attention when the real wolf comes along?

We have all forgotten how long the North ruled Nigeria!

When , according to history, Naira was worth more than the dollar.
    What real foundations did they lay?
    Forget about corruption , what long term goals did they implement, knowing how our population was growing ? Where was the foresight? Not even a railroad, for instance?

Suddenly, North East is very poor, even though, they never witnessed any pogrom and all of its trimmings like the south, South and South East !
    And it’s all GEJ’ fault!

Again, to move Nigeria forward, let each region have autonomy, rule themselves according to their religion and culture! !!! At least ,we in the south east can fight and make up among ourselves to get things done , without stepping on anyone’s toe! Yes, we are democratic like that!!!

Enough of the blaming game.
    The time for action is now!

• Ade

March 5, 2017 at 3:37 pm

Your problem is that your thinking is one directional so any word against Jonathan is translated as support for PMB. I have said it repeatedly here that PMB should resign if he will not make full recovery within a short period. Some of us don’t hide our brain behind ethnicity.

“Were Chibok girls the only ones who perished in the North East? Before Chibok girls , men and women have been slaughtered like goat. Those lives don’t matter?

looking at everything you wrote even shows that your problem is your inability to see an average northerner as a victim of the evil leadership this country has witnessed from birth. Your folks hate anyone that is not from your region so you are less interested if they perish. If the chibok girls were from the east and the incident happened under a northern president, will you still spout the conspiracy theories that lacks any form of common sense?

• nnenne

March 5, 2017 at 5:57 pm

@ Ade…”Your folks hate anyone who is not from your region….”
      And your folks love everyone?
      Wait till the table is turned around! !!!
      My stand?
      Leave GEJ alone because you already made your CHANGE. Face it and find the way forward! !!!!!

• Ade

March 5, 2017 at 6:45 pm

@nnenne… I will to explain again maybe you can understand now. Speaking against the corrupt GEJ regime is not an indication of support to the present government. I have no affinity towards the present administration. I only speak against bad leadership and will continuously do so irrespective of who is in power. Can you understand now or should I write it in your native language? I know this ideology sounds alien to you because your sight and thinking is tainted with ethnicity. I only care for a better Nigeria.

Some of us voted for GEJ because we thought leadership will take an upwards trajectory under an educated president but unfortunately his callousness was below the uneducated ones we were trying to transit from. In 2019, some of us will also go out and make an unbiased choice. End of story.

6. A Real Nigerian

March 5, 2017 at 4:21 pm

Summary of your idiotic comment:

ROTFL!!

But seriously.

“I know your destiny can never be fulfilled until I grant you audience”
    “This is you coming at me with this lame callout”

“Gutter rat”
    “Two o’clock beauty queen”
    “Full of angst”
    How edgy, how ghetto.

What are you going to say next? Jet fuel can’t melt steel beams? Heh.

I’ll be waiting.
    And if you want to continue with the exchange of insults, I’ll also be waiting.

• Latifa

March 6, 2017 at 7:40 am

Girl let it go…..The fact that we can’t see each other face to face is no excuse not to display class.

7. Obaga

March 5, 2017 at 4:31 pm

When it was obvious that no girls were missing in Nigeria. All activities so far are stage show and frauds.

8. D'Gifted

March 5, 2017 at 5:05 pm

Must Nigerians don’t even know that there top Hausa sponsoring the Boko Haram to destroy Jonathan Goverment. There are lot happening in this country I write about and will publish soon. I just hope it get around to all……..

9. Las

March 5, 2017 at 8:17 pm

No surprise there to be honest. May God have mercy on all of us.

10. Temi

March 5, 2017 at 10:13 pm

THEY LOOK LIKE PRAYING MANTELS.

11. Madman

March 5, 2017 at 10:55 pm

Y’all keep acting like people have not been kidnapped under the Buhari Administration.

Who is killing people in SOUTHERN KADUNA?

And what is this government’s response?

You can only fool Nigerians with western media BULLSHIT.

• critic