Scoop

“You really need to take that kid back to where you got him from or stop dressing him this way” – Cynthia Morgan to Charlize Theron for dressing her Adopted Son like a Girl

BellaNaija.com

Dancehall artist Cynthia Morgan took to her Instagram page to call out Hollywood actress, Charlize Theron, who is originally from South Africa, after a photo of her five-year-old adopted son dressed like a girl surfaced the internet.

She wrote:

This is a Total outrage.I am not a human right activist.I don’t even know what it certs to be that.but, I am human.and, it is my human right to state things i think is humanly wrong.and this one is. @charlizeafrica you really need to take that kid back to where you got him from or stop dressing him this way.(1)he is an underage.(2)he is black.remember the history?yea you right.i doubt any black person would appreciate this.cause to me,this is something like a broad day slavery.(3)he is an underaged black male trying to dress like a female?at 5?now thats the main outrage here.that alone is you trying to propell mankind destruction and also use a certain race in carrying it out.if ataal he made this decision?

maybe due to the fact that he likes fancy clothes and everything beautiful in colours.you should correct him.and teach him his rights from wrongs till he is old enough to make proper decisions.like I said earlier. This is an outrage.just take that kid back for deportation this is not an adoption.its sickening.and who knows?any black community or human right activists in their right state of mind could/ should sue you for this.#isupportthemotion #Suecharlize#Repost and tag her till she takes that kid back or support him right.he is human not a ?Kiki

See the photo below

Charlize Theron and Her Son

Photo Credit: Instagram | @icynthiamorgan

1. A Real Nigerian

March 30, 2017 at 4:08 pm

LOL at this idiot trying to use Charlize for some cheap pops.

“I am not a human right activist.I don’t even know what it certs to be that.but, I am human.and, it is my human right to state things i think is humanly wrong”
    But how is this humanly wrong? Keep hiding under the presence of “humanity” to display your bigotry and idiocy.

“(2)he is black.remember the history?”
    What history? You don’t know anything. Shut up and stop drawing parralells between completely unrelated things.

“This is an outrage.just take that kid back for deportation this is not an adoption.its sickening.”
    Deportation? Lol WTF??

“that alone is you trying to propell mankind destruction and also use a certain race in carrying it out.if ataal he made this decision?”
    What does this even mean? Lord this girl is f%%%ing retarded.

“any black community or human right activists in their right state of mind could/ should sue you for this.#isupportthemotion #Suecharlize#Repost and tag her till she takes that kid back or support him right.he is human not a ?Kiki”
    I can’t believe how this post gets more idiotic with every line.
    Wonderful.

“maybe due to the fact that he likes fancy clothes and everything beautiful in colours.you should correct him.and teach him his rights from wrongs till he is old enough to make proper decisions.like I said earlier”
    All the kids I have met and lived with have been entertained and fascinated by clothes and toys that are generally associate with the opposite sex. I have seen girls who’d rather watch you play video games than watch Barbie or Frozen, and I have seen boys whose biggest heroes are Disney princesses. So f#&k off with your ignorant, shallow nonsense.

Stick to making that atrocious music of yours that entertains your brain-dead fan base of Nigerian youths who are clueless and lost. Don’t tell people how to live their lives and do not attempt to bring up Human Rights to sound smart or informed. You are only succeeding in making yourself look like a pathetic and unfunny joke.

TL;DR: F##K OFF!

• CovertNigerian

March 30, 2017 at 4:19 pm

Granted, you clearly have reservations about her delivery and I will agree that it is far from eloquent. However, your actual position on the issue at hand is unclear to me. Are you saying it’s bigoted and idiotic that a 5 year old boy is frequently being dressed up in dresses? Do the little boys you know that love Disney princesses wear dresses too?

I’m not trying to pick a fight. Your comment seems to be more about Cynthia Morgan’s delivery and less about the substance. I want a clear response on your thoughts about the substance if you have one.

• A Real Nigerian

March 30, 2017 at 4:42 pm

“Are you saying it’s bigoted and idiotic that a 5 year old boy is frequently being dressed up in dresses?”
      I am saying it is bigoted and idiotic to call out people for cross-dressing and doing what they want with their lives.

“Do the little boys you know that love Disney princesses wear dresses too?”
      Yes. Do you watch WWE shows? There are tons of girls whose favorite wrestlers are guys and they dress up like them and even boys do the same thing with female wrestlers. Also, the boy you see in the picture above is wearing an Elsa(I think, can’t see the character clearly) dress.

And how is this even an issue? Children are adventurous. Well, at least most children are and they will experiment on what society has set aside as appropriate for each gender. My little cousin doesn’t even play with her doll FFS. In fact, she detests it. She’d rather kick her little football around all day.
      As for Charlize Theron’s son, this isn’t the first time he has dressed up in an Elsa costume. He likes her and adores her, how is that even a bad thing? And what does any of this even have to do with racism like Cynthia Morgan said? The whole hate being directed towards a child and mother enjoying themselves is just baffling and senseless IMO.

• CovertNigerian

March 30, 2017 at 5:49 pm

@ A Real Nigerian – Got it. Thanks.

• Amaka

March 30, 2017 at 6:30 pm

Emo lagege. The writer is pointing out something concerning.

• fusion OAU

March 30, 2017 at 4:46 pm

And I think her music – which is some kind of ragga /dancehall is quite good plus she has a really nice voice….. so I guess according to you this makes me brain dead, clueless and lost…..

• A Real Nigerian

March 30, 2017 at 4:54 pm

“She has a really nice voice”
      Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaa!!!
      Thanks for the laugh. You just made my day.

• Serious I

March 30, 2017 at 5:38 pm

@ real nigerian
      You make no damn sense. Misery can’t allow you to think logical.
      Cynthia has every right to do whatever she wants. It’s her opinion, has nothing to do with her music.
      Charlize Theron dressing this boy in dresses is bizarre. She’s imposing her transgender beliefs on the poor child. This child needs proper guidance not lead him astray. Children go through the stage of interest in certain things like boys sometimes wearing mommy’s but doesn’t mean they are gay.

2. funmilola

March 30, 2017 at 4:10 pm

see pot calling kettle black…. didn’t you carry a baby with a cigarette in your mouth in one of your useless photoshoots?
    Charlize is deluded.
    I thought Cynthia signed out of Instagram….

3. truth

March 30, 2017 at 4:17 pm

I agree with Cynthia. If she wanted someone to dress like a girl she should have adopted a girl. I feel like she is using this boy for an experiment on whether gender is determined by clothing or by the sex one is born with. There is no need to affront Cynthia just because you see Charlize as a bigger star, her voice still matters, and so does her opinion. Respect each other’s opinion even if you dont agree with it.

• A Real Nigerian

March 30, 2017 at 4:46 pm

Sorry but I will not respect bigotry and senseless, archaic standards.

“I agree with Cynthia. If she wanted someone to dress like a girl she should have adopted a girl.”

“I feel like she is using this boy for an experiment on whether gender is determined by clothing or by the sex one is born with.”
      And you’re a mumu for this part of your comment.

• CovertNigerian

March 30, 2017 at 5:48 pm

It seems to me that nature has largely addressed this issue (except for a few cases where there is some genuine ambiguity about gender) and I don’t understand why nature’s standards might suddenly be senseless and archaic (or were you referring to something else?). If an adult disagrees with nature and wants to transition to something else ,then more power to them. I will disagree or not understand, but at least then they know what they are doing and can articulate their reasons. There is a reason society waits till we are a certain age to hold us fully responsible for our actions.

Also, if you SMACK DOWN every contrary opinion, you may never be able to bring people over to your way of thinking. That’s assuming that you want to.

• A Real Nigerian

March 30, 2017 at 6:31 pm

“Even if he is requesting, where is the appropriate place to draw a line between giving a child what he/she wants and making decisions for that child cos they don’t know any better?”

You answered that yourself with this:

“I’ll admit that I don’t fully understand the rationale behind this notion of gender fluidity, or raising a child in a gender neutral fashion but is that really a decision that an infant should be making?”

And yes, this is a harmless decision that an “infant” can make. Completely pure and does no harm in the long run.

“It seems to me that nature has largely addressed this issue (except for a few cases where there is some genuine ambiguity about gender) and I don’t understand why nature’s standards might suddenly be senseless and archaic (or were you referring to something else?)”
      Gender ≠ Sex. Gender is not exclusively biological. So, yes, nature/biology doesn’t really have the finally or sole say in this. And besides, “nature’s standards might suddenly be senseless and archaic” is true as made evident by the success and acceptance of contraception, medicine and engineering. Nature wants you to procreate almost every time you get in bed with someone but thats why we have Plan B, Alysena 28 and condoms, Nature wants you to get killed by malaria. cancer and diarrhea, but we got insecticides, chemotherapy and medicine for that. Nature wants people to get killed by floods and earthquakes but that’s we have dykes and specialized, reinforced buildings. See? It is never as linear as you think it is.
      A lot of things accepted into society today – marriage and adoption for example – were never intended by nature. I mean, how many animals do you know of that take in offspring not birthed by them? Or how many animals do you know of that have lifetime partners? Not too many eh?

“Also, if you SMACK DOWN every contrary opinion”
      Ayyyy I see what you did there.

• Fuck you

March 30, 2017 at 6:56 pm

You are stupid, senseless and really sick in the head worse than Charlize.

• CovertNigerian

March 30, 2017 at 7:01 pm

I think we’ll have to agree to disagree on the meaning of nature’s standards, what ‘nature wants’ or what ‘nature intended’. 🙂

• Pink

March 30, 2017 at 7:54 pm

This Real Nigerian girl definitely has gay family members and friends. The way she sticks up for the LGBT community though…e don do, dissertation on top say person dey dress an innocent male child as a girl. Even braided the hair, It is wrong nne

• Nakoms

March 30, 2017 at 8:26 pm

“Wtf? Why do you all think that Charlize Theron is the one DRESSING him up and not that HE is REQUESTING TO BE DRESSED UP like this?? What?”

Your logic is as flawed as helll. I only chipped this in because of less informed souls who can’t see through your sick premises.

• FasholasLover

March 30, 2017 at 8:46 pm

A real Nigerian is -d up already. End of discussion.

• A Real Nigerian

March 30, 2017 at 9:41 pm

“Why not dress the CHILD like an GOAT. if that’s what HE IS REQUESTING TO BE DRESSED UP LIKE”

You talk about flawed logic then proceed to use this as an example? LOL! Your idiocy is laughable.

• Anonymous

March 30, 2017 at 9:46 pm

@ arn You are indeed opinionated. A different point of view doesn’t necessarily mean stupidity, senseless and archaic standards.
      Be good to yourself.

• H

March 31, 2017 at 6:04 am

My son wants to put his hand in the toilet and eat sweets all day. Even touch hot pots. As an adult it’s our job to judge. When he’s 18 and of reasoning mind and still wants to do that that’s his prerogative. And I do know children can be easily influenced that’s why they are innocent. I just pray for this boy and hope shes fit to parent

• Iris Tate

April 4, 2018 at 6:11 am

I agree with you truth this where is GOD in all of this these people think they can adopt a kid and do what they want with them it is a sin to GOD he’s not pleased the kid is only 5 and she needs to tell him noooooo!!!! Your not wearing nothing that has to do with a girl your a boy and that’s that get a relationship with GOD ,GOD loves the person he hates the sin!! I will pray for that kid be blessed truth

4. Nah

March 30, 2017 at 4:36 pm

This is OUTRAGEOUS!!!!!! Return that boy if you are ashamed of his gender.
    You could have just adopted a girl, and your desire/.fantacies would have been applauded and accepted.

God of this young boy will ARISE and defend Him.
    God defends the fatherless and the oppressed
    I pray for that little boy dying and crying inside to be delivered from this demonic oppressor/giant sent to destroy his destiny in Jesus name., Amen.

5. Mo

March 30, 2017 at 4:41 pm

Bella, u never hear about keep the change lady on twitter? Please bring the topic her so that Paul,chief and co can go hug transformer

• Small boiz

March 30, 2017 at 11:15 pm

The twitter boy has apologized o!! He don dey beg now. Hahahaha.

6. Mystique

March 30, 2017 at 4:46 pm

Cynthia, if only you are this vocal with “controversial issues” in your country…… From marrying under-aged girls, female genital mutilation, tribal marks on the face, domestic violence, rape, corruption etc, i’m sure by now most of these issues would have been eradicated. “Don’t drink panadol for another person’s headache while you’re dying of cancer”….. please use your platform to address domestic issues cos this country is on fire. you don’t need to look too deeply to find something to vent about. one love

7. crownglamazon

March 30, 2017 at 5:00 pm

As a mother, i think it is very wrong to dress a 5 year old boy in Female clothes, let him be an adult and make up his mind himself about cross dressing.The fact that your child likes or wants something does not mean you give in, that is what parenting is about and i think 5 is too young to be making up his mind about sexuality. if he loves elsa, get him the bag and nice tshirts with the frozen theme to wear over jeans, not a dress.No parent should try being “politically correct” over teaching their child the right thing!

8. Ottawa Queen

March 30, 2017 at 5:43 pm

Are you kidding me? That’s a boy?? With a pink bag, dress and corn rows? and the shoes? I’m short of words!!!

9. kay

March 30, 2017 at 6:01 pm

If you’re going to give a kid of this age whatever he/she asks of then of what use is parenting?

10. Blackbeatle

March 30, 2017 at 6:11 pm

This Looks Like Halloween costume ..rick or treating time but i may be wrong

11. NG

March 30, 2017 at 6:17 pm

Support for you Cynthia. Several thumbs-up!

12. Nikky

March 30, 2017 at 6:34 pm

Cynthia is not in Charlize’s household. She can’t possibly know what’s going on with her child. The least she can do is ask questions about things that she clearly does not understand. The worse thing is asking that the child be taken away from his mother. When you become a mother feel free to solicit advice from trolls on the Internet.

13. Ada_ugo

March 30, 2017 at 6:47 pm

wait, what is going on? I just did a quick Google search to realise this little boy has been dressing like a girl for a while. What the heck is wrong with Charlize?

14. Truth maker

March 30, 2017 at 7:20 pm

@A Real Nigerian
    Do you have a job? Where do you get the time to write such long ass essays. I’ve read a few of your comments and whilst I must admit you seem fairly intelligent I think you have some serious emotional issues that I hope you are seeing someone for. Pls pls get some help.

15. missnk

March 30, 2017 at 8:26 pm

I’m very wary of these celebrities that go all the way to Africa to adopt children. Charity begins at home and Lord knows there are loads of children in America to be adopted. this charlize theron and her partner that took this boy to a picnic at sunrise and he started screaming and a passerby called police? may God kep that boy safe

• Beeeee

March 30, 2017 at 8:37 pm

Charlize is actually African.

• BlueEyed

March 30, 2017 at 9:26 pm

Charlize is from South Africa

• truths

March 31, 2017 at 8:26 am

she is South AFRICANand so is the kid,..and in South africa children are accorded the right to be gender fluid from an early age,..how are you not sure thats why she adopted the child! stop imposing your social constraints and ignorance on others!

16. Ladybird

March 30, 2017 at 8:30 pm

After hijacking civil rights this is what they are up to now?? smh but really what on earth is wrong with Charlize Theron.. if you wanted to play dress up in girly clothes you could have ADOPTED A GIRL …how can you impose your sickening beliefs on a child that is yet to be able to understand complex issues…truly sickening!!! When I see things like this,including abuse cases and all that I start to consider idea that people should have licenses to have children.. I know its ridiculous but in this case it might be needed.. smh

17. B.E.T. Proudly Nigerian.

March 30, 2017 at 8:40 pm

For the first time @ARealNigerian, I COMPLETELY DISAGREE with you. Your comment doesn’t sound intelligent this time. Charlize did a very wrong thing there.

18. Bimbo

March 30, 2017 at 9:40 pm

Same people that would say being gay or transgender is a flawed ‘ choice ‘ people make because they want to experiment and be wayward now this innocent boy has made that ‘ choice ‘ naturally without being old enough to be ‘ wayward ‘ yet they are still complaining. Better get with the program!

19. Jo

March 31, 2017 at 7:48 am

But Shiloh Jolie-Pitt has been dressing up like a boy for years and the outcry, if at all, isn’t this loud.

• truths

March 31, 2017 at 8:28 am

Its that nonsense of white influencing black,or just white people adopting b;lack babies! if thats the case black people clean up your act and stop dropping babies! and all the nay sayers how many of them would ever think of adopting!

20. truths

March 31, 2017 at 8:33 am

She is South African and adopted an South African child! old show me where any Nigerian celeb has done that! all we see is so called celebs having baby daddies and those that spend millions in babalawos and churches as they are barren. And as a mater of fact how are you not sure the child was adopted for this mare reason, Gender fluiddity is not against the law in south africa that i know of, the child could equally be intersected,..do you know??? mind your business live in your lane and get over this black man chip on my shoulder mentality that white man is the DEVIL!

21. Ifeyinwa Atuanya

March 31, 2017 at 9:35 am

@ARealNigerian, “So f#&k off with your ignorant and shallow nonsense”

Why insult Cynthia Morgan?

22. nawaforuna

March 31, 2017 at 1:01 pm

Ladies and Gentlemen, can we just calm down small. Sex is not Gender. Gender is basically the expectations and personality expected of a human based on their biological sex. Gender is a social construct meaning society assigns some traits to be feminine or masculine, so said traits are imposed on you from the moment you are born based on whatever genitals you have. In the western world and colonized countries, If you have a penis, you are supposed to like the color blue, you are given car toys, you are supposed to be unemotional. If you are born with a vagina, should like pink, play with dolls, cook etc.
    Meanwhile across cultures and across time, gender is mutable.

While most of us do conform to these gendered traits, others are gender non-conforming. for some of us the gender we are assigned is restricting and doesn’t fit with our personality. Personality and natural abilities are innate. If you’ve had children or younger siblings, you can already tell what their personality is, their likes and dislikes…

Lets forget style of dress and superficial shit like colors. Take a trip down through history, and we know there are so many interest and abilities men and women weren’t allowed to have because of their sex. But when society loosened its grip and became more accepting of some of those interest/traits, we saw more women and men doing things society insisted were reserved for the opposite sex. We thought cooking was an innate ability exclusive to women, now we know men can be some of the best cooks, We thought women didn’t have the innate capability to be scientist, mathematicians or doctors (Infact it was an abomination for women to have interest in these things), now we know that is false.

Why can’t we understand that a biological male may just like dresses and a biological woman may like to play with trucks and roll around in dirt

The truth is majority of humans exist across the gender spectrum. Only few people are entirely “masculine” or “feminine” as their society has defined “masculine” or “feminine”. Dare I say, if society wasn’t such a gender bully, we will see more people actually do things that they like.

The angst that transgendered men and women experience is rooted in this toxic investment in gender. Because if society were accepting of them from the get go, they probably wouldn’t have to go mutilating their bodies to fit their personality, gender dysphoria will be nonexistent. They wouldn’t feel like they are in the wrong body because they have a certain personality.

23. esther

March 31, 2017 at 2:25 pm

@Arealnigerian is just here talking -. If your child says wants to be a thief, start buying him guns or if she says she want to be a slayqueen -, you can start teaching her how to – – because its what she wants. You claim to be intelligent but to you intelligency is fighting for gay right abi? Ote olodo