BN TV

Allergic Reactions to Black Soap? Efik Zara shares her Story after Breaking out in Hives

BN TV

In her new video, beauty vlogger Efik Zara talks to us about her adverse reactions to black soap. Here’s what she said;

Hey guys! Today I talk to you all about my pretty terrible experiences with African Black Soap. My skin can be quite sensitive so I have to be careful with the products I use on it. Most black soaps are either too harsh for me or dry out my skin! I share my traumatising (yet funny) experience in this new vid with some things I learned to help avoid future issues! I do use one black soap and I LOVE it. You’ll hear about it in the video!

DISCLAIMER – Black Soap is WONDERFUL! I still highly recommend it but if you have sensitive skin (really if you have skin period) patch test a product before adding it to your routine!

Watch

The best Nigerian and African video content from around the web specially curated for YOU!

1. Nakoms

April 16, 2017 at 4:36 pm

The reactions might be as a due to the soap being either too alkaline or acidic. Local soap manufacturers need to step up on testing products for PH values.

native/black soap is SOAP and not degreasers like most products and are far healthier. Whatever soap products you use are absorbed by the skin and affect your kidney and/or liver for good or bad.

2. Fabulicious

April 16, 2017 at 5:23 pm

To think i used to run away from this soap for no reason yet its Dudu osun that took away my pregnancy acne and left me with zero hyperpigmentation.

• Butterfly

April 17, 2017 at 1:18 pm

I found Dudu pain too harsh for me. I also broke out when I used certain black soaps, then I discovered that I had to avoid the black soaps made from palm oil.

3. funmilola

April 16, 2017 at 5:34 pm

some black soap can actually dry out your skin.
    when I notice my soap is dry,i add honey and coconut oil to it and I love it, I use it for my hair and skin all the time. just know what works for you and the best thing with black soap is that you can make it to your skin specification.

4. Happy Soaper

April 16, 2017 at 11:50 pm

Black Soap is wonderful. Not all Black Soaps have the same ingredients and some ingredients that are used in pure Black Soap is not safe for every person. And most, not all, are not “Pure Black Soap”.
    I usually make my Black Soap after it has stopped raining for the Season to create my own lye and then I allow my Black Soap to cure for four months before selling. I have never had a complaint in all my years of soaping and my sister suffers from eczema. My soaps leaves her skin soft and beautiful.

5. Wendy Rose

April 17, 2017 at 1:55 am

That’s not natural black soap….. black soap is brown… if it’s actually black… it has some dye and additives…..

6. Temi

April 17, 2017 at 2:03 am

I don’t understand..your skin is sensitive but you still bleach it… maybe it is the BLEACHING.. AFRICANS SHOULD JUST STOP THUS NONSENSE OF SKIN BLEACHING

• seyi

April 17, 2017 at 6:28 am

Lolzz.How do you know she bleaches?

• Ankn

April 17, 2017 at 6:52 am

So every yellow person bleaches? She’s not even fair like that. You sound stupid or jealous

7. swerve

April 17, 2017 at 7:57 am

??

8. Butterfly

April 17, 2017 at 1:18 pm

Dudu Oshun

9. Elaine

April 17, 2017 at 6:31 pm

love black soap but, i use this particular kind it didn’t have lable or ingredients it broke me out in hives. Make sure when you buy black soap make sure. It has the ingredients if not dont buy it.

10. Zeeebby

April 18, 2017 at 10:46 am

1. Dudu Osun is really good BUT it isn’t a 100% organic ingredients that go in it.
    2. There are lots of fake dudu Osun in the Nigeria market and I am sure the company has its tools to tell them apart. If you want to purchase dudu osun outside Nigeria, go on their website and check the closest distributor to you……they have a long list of companies they partner with outside Nigeria

11. Peter

June 13, 2017 at 7:49 am

Clobetasol is a topical corticosteroid medication indicated for the treatment of swelling, redness and itching caused by a number of skin conditions such as eczema, psoriasis, allergic reactions, and so on. InternationalDrugMart