BN TV

Toke Makinwa shares “5 Things I Cannot Afford Now” in New Vlog | Watch on BN TV

Media personality Toke Makinwa is out with a new episode of her “Toke Moments” vlog and in this episode, she talks about success.

According to her, in a description posted on Instagram, success is a continuous process. People think that the hardest part is rising to the top. If only, the hardest part is staying at the top and not learning after each fall not to take failure to heart.

In the vlog she talks about the “5 things I cannot afford now”.

Watch below.

1. Anon

April 11, 2017 at 9:01 pm

Why the constant change in accent? British, American, yoruba accent, pick one and stick to it.

• Ree

April 11, 2017 at 9:23 pm

That what happens when your accent is Television acquired

• BEEF

April 11, 2017 at 10:05 pm

Anita, is that you? Still sore i see….lol

• CHEEK

April 11, 2017 at 10:09 pm

ASINNNNN, NO BE SMALL BEEF. LOL
      I SUSPECT ANITA TOO, OR HER PIPUS

• Mrs Pangolo

April 12, 2017 at 2:30 pm

I can’t watch this. Someone pls summary the things here abeg:

• ME

April 11, 2017 at 11:57 pm

Bloody haterating twat…. ya’ll should leave this chick alone, haba. You knew her accent wasn’t constant, then why watch the vlog.

• Anne

April 12, 2017 at 2:19 am

To be honest. Toke talk true o. This side of the world is not long and you don’t need anyone and everyone to be your friend. You need destiny helpers. Yes, only God can show you your real friends. Forget accent. Did she speak the truth or not and did you learn a lesson or two from her. Toke I like your top.

• Bella

April 12, 2017 at 9:25 am

thank you for this comment and your sense. Toke spoke well…

• Authentic Sunshine

April 12, 2017 at 6:45 am

Sorry to disappoint you but there is nothing wrong with her accent. Understood clearly what she said. So keep it moving.

2. Anon

April 11, 2017 at 9:43 pm

Love me some Toke;) keeping it real… muaaaah!

3. Mee

April 11, 2017 at 10:12 pm

Honestly this girl is hella annoying!!!! Vain vain vain. First thing you talk about is a birkin bag? I can’t even deal. How did I make it to the end????? Kmt!

• osa

April 11, 2017 at 11:51 pm

She can’t please the world like u. Eyin aye. She is talking about not being able to afford it. Warris ur problem honey? Angry much with this adorable girl called Toke.

• boluji

April 11, 2017 at 11:55 pm

post the birkin bag nko, guess you lot are under that umbrella of people that cant just be happy for someone

4. Anon

April 11, 2017 at 10:21 pm

Correct babe.Soar on babe.

5. Folami

April 11, 2017 at 10:21 pm

Looolz…toke tho…I don’t know why hating on her comes mostly from we d females…

• Anon

April 12, 2017 at 3:44 am

You people should leave women alone abeg. People that defend Toke are also women so can you leave us alone? I’ve been defending Toke on this blog for over a year, and there are many other women like me. Men can insult other men all day long and even cause coups and whole world wars because they don’t like each other, but the moment one woman doesn’t like another woman it’s “women forever bringing women down” Kindly stop propagating these harmful and false ideologies about women.

• salty

April 12, 2017 at 12:44 pm

Pele Adanma.

6. boluji

April 11, 2017 at 11:54 pm

really like this episode i feel like this is the most real and open we have seen Toke. nice to see youre growing and moving foward

7. Troublemaker

April 12, 2017 at 1:24 am

“You find people buurrrsting their a**” I thought you bust your a**, not burst it. lol

• Jade

April 12, 2017 at 6:33 pm

When fone goes wrong. You enta r for every word. Water becomes wara.
      Anyway, still rooting for Toke.

8. Mavi

April 12, 2017 at 1:52 am

Say what you will about Toke but you can’t deny that she is hard working, focused and driven. She doesn’t recognize artificial limitations. I for one prefer to admire her professionalism instead of focusing on her accents.

• Meg

April 13, 2017 at 1:25 am

Which ‘professionalism’ biko?

9. Toro Akinseye

April 12, 2017 at 7:57 am

I have never noticed any accent all I see is a focused woman who is making her self better everyday. After all we are told to speak clearly listen to bbc radio. Well done Ms Makinwa you are a King Woman

• Meg

April 13, 2017 at 1:28 am

All I see is a woman who is making money from her bad decision by defaming some people. Nothing ‘focused’ that I see.

10. Odididi

April 12, 2017 at 8:11 am

Toke I love you!!ur words,ur skin,ur hair. I love ur hair..i want!. I really relate with all toke said. She is real..so real. Ppl love u toke. Keep t up.

11. i must talk

April 12, 2017 at 8:15 am

Hate her for all you like, even God and the devil got enemy. so na who you epp? better receive sense before 2020. WELLDONE Toke!

12. Lover

April 12, 2017 at 9:55 am

I don’t know why people rant about not liking Toke but take time to ff her on Ig, twitter, watch her vlog or read about her, Pls is that not obsession? If u don’t like her it’s simple ; if u see anything that concerns her commot eye or better still go n die.

13. tiny

April 12, 2017 at 10:04 am

Please let us focus more on helping the needy, there is too much of a paradigm shift, all of a sudden we are all about clothes, bags shoes etc forgetting that there are widows and orphans all over the place who need as low as 1k5 for school fees or okrika clothes to wear. Don’t get me wrong i like Toke i think she is all that but pls lets begin to focus on real issues.

14. nk

April 12, 2017 at 10:57 am

Babes, since this is the season of being real, is the Celine bag in this pic real? Quit displaying all these fake bags and for the records you can as well buy a fake Birkin from where you buy all the bags you wear! Gosh, you guys think you can fool everyone!

• Chiz

April 12, 2017 at 11:51 am

Sour BitterLeaf Soup

• Ottawa Queen

April 12, 2017 at 6:53 pm

@nk and what’s wrong in rocking the fake bags you can afford? If it looks nice and you’re okay with it, why not? Is there any law stating what people should and should not buy for fashion? If you can afford the real designer sturvs, good for you then. Whatever rocks your boat. . .pls allow people be themselves, let them live according to their means!

15. Nunulicious

April 12, 2017 at 1:07 pm

Things I cannot YET afford:
    A house for my retired civil servant parents
    An emergency health issue.
    A brand new Jaguar
    …brb with updated list.

16. Mi

April 12, 2017 at 5:37 pm

It’s amazing listening to Toke talk about “…situations you should have left years ago, people you should have dropped” with so much attitude that you begin to wonder wasn’t she in the same shoes a couple of years ago? Didn’t it take a miracle for her to leave?
    Especially since she’s talking about it on the heels of her “on becoming” tour, you’d wonder what the purpose of the book is. Isn’t that her whole point of writing a book?
    It goes to show that her words don’t match what is in her, and that’s really sorry.
    Having gone through a process/journey you should understand and not be quick to speak with such disdain as people who haven’t easily do.

17. 1st timer

April 13, 2017 at 1:44 pm

As per her vlog: this are the 5 things n ‘my personal’ take on it….

1) Birkin bag – just this morning I watched Richard Brandon on a CNN short burst in a pair of trainers… I also learnt that Femi Otedola still uses a Nokia device..

Why are we Africans so hell bent on materialistic things… yes the likes of Beyoncé n co would ‘own’ this – but they rarely pay for it and when they do – it’s heavily discounted…

A birkin bag @ £15k @ 500 fx rate is 7.5m… in this global recession…

2) Fake friends – made absolute sense

3) New friends – well.. if Bill Gates is still building relationships (personal or business) – then as a person n entrepreneur should you shut that door??

4) Prayerless life – I would have made this my nos 1.. but eh.. that’s me

5) Time wasters – oh well.. this is tricky – yes I agree but you can’t judge a book by its covers – life is about give n take… n as humans we ought to learn till death n evolve.. who you were last yr may not b who you are today – if u have children / wife/ hubby – do you change those too or abandon them??

Life in itself throws us all diff curve balls, n whilst this is Toke’s view… we all ought to pick n take what works fr each individual in the order of our personal priority..