News

Tragic! Facebook User Narrates How Sick Woman Died at Uyo Bus Park after Journey from Lagos

A Facebook user Ab Isong, has narrated how a woman, identified simply as Felicia died at a bus park in Uyo, Akwa Ibom state.

He said that she travelled from Lagos to Uyo by bus, adding that other passengers claimed her husband dropped her at the park in Lagos.

He said the passengers told him that her husband knew she was sick before the journey and had made arrangements with a Pastor in Uyo to pick her up and commence prayers on her. However, the woman died before the said pastor’s arrival.

See his post below:

DEAD ON ARRIVAL:

Somehow I wanted to overlook this story, but it boils down to marrying a wrong man hence this post.

Earlier today (thursday 6.pm precisely), I went to Itam Park long distance bus terminus where I was expecting a parcel from Lagos.

On arrival I saw an unusual crowd and I decided to get close. Only to find this woman dead and laid beside the young shall grow bus which transported her to Uyo.

I was privileged to ask a co-passenger who boarded same vehicle with her from Lagos to Uyo.

She said the woman’s husband brought her to the park alive to board the vehicle. And that He knew the woman wasn’t very strong while embarking on the long journey. And had made arrangement with a pastor here in Uyo to pick her and commence prayers.

The woman arrived Uyo alive, stepped out of the vehicle, asked for her luggage to be given to her which the driver obliged. Seeing she was weak, they offered her a chair to sit while waiting for pick-up.. the next thing she fell off the chair and that was the end of her life here on earth.

Minutes later, The Pastor came but was told from a distance that the lady he just spoke with on phone is dead. The man took off and disappeared.

Everyone deserted her but the good Samaritan in me came alive and I decided not to leave her there just like others did. I had to put a call across to the Nigerian Police and they responded swiftly. they came to the scene but my joy was complete when a woman came around and identified the lady as Felicia.. she wept and said Edoh Eke Wod meaning (they married her to kill her)… she has been taken to the mortuary by the Nigerian Police.

But my trouble is, Why will a man allow his wife travel such a long distance alone knowing too well she was sick?

Did he ever love that woman?
Did he know the woman won’t survive and decided to send her back to her state for death?
Why didn’t he take her to the hospital for treatment?

Oh Lord! help us… My wife is still weeping. I’m happy I did my best.

Woman I don’t know you, But may God bless your soul. Rest In Peace.

Don’t just write R.I.P, the reason i wrote this is for us to learn from it.

Never stay with a man who has no regards for you. if you die he will marry another. Marriage is not by force. You can still make heaven without marriage ooh! Marriage is not a yardstick to measure success.

I speak in anger! if staying single will keep you alive, please stay single and live than to marry and die.

1. Eno

April 28, 2017 at 11:56 am

Until we know the real story, we cannot judge. Sad!

2. Sexy O

April 28, 2017 at 12:04 pm

May her soul rest in peace. We can’t be too sure what really happened to her until we hear from the husband. The sickness may have been worse during the journey.

3. Grammar Police

April 28, 2017 at 12:44 pm

True! Many men are looking for ‘sacrificial wives’ across tribes! My sister WILL escape alive and victorious!

Pray hard for your loved ones in marriages that seek to remove them from family and community.

4. Ada

April 28, 2017 at 2:14 pm

If the husband knew that she was sick, why he did her allow her travel? Travelling by road in Nigeria is a nightmare talkless when you are sick.

5. alwayshappy

April 28, 2017 at 2:47 pm

Without knowing the specific circumstances nor attempting to judge, there are 3 choices the husband could have taken , which may have yielded perhaps a different set of results.

1. Have the pastor travel to lagos to tend to his ill wife
    2. If required, Borrow money and join the wife on the journey
    3. If required, Borrow money, ask an adult to accompany the wife on the journey if husband is unable to obtain short leave/vacation from his job or they have kids he cannot leave with relatives/friends/family.

Any of these 3 choices may not have prevented her death, but without #words from the death or #justification from the living, would have conveyed he honored his vows to his wife, he feared God , and he has chosen not to compromise doing the right thing (act with empathy and compassion) at the right time.

Felicia, may God receive you with a warm embrace and love eternal. If you left kids behind may he watch over them with the loving, kindness, grace and mercy no human can offer.

• Concerned Citizen

April 28, 2017 at 3:36 pm

Do you guys even know if the husband had to stay back to tend to the kids? We can all come up with so many scenarios, chill and hear from the husband first.

6. Tony

April 29, 2017 at 5:13 am

Any true and God sent pastor can pray from where ever. No one needs to travel to see a pastor in such condition. God is not limited by distance. Where were the ladies relatives too to intervene and stop the risky journey. We need to act responsible sometimes and stop blaming God, witches and wizards or husbands and wives. These excuses are too old. May her soul rest in peace.

7. Truth-be-told

April 29, 2017 at 10:41 am

I believe his point is, whether male or female, shine your eyes before going into marriage.