BN TV

“Your man is not your father neither is he your ATM” Vlogger Evi Westwick discusses the Importance of Financial Empowerment in Relationships

In this new episode of her vlog, TV producer & vlogger Evi Westwick breaks down the importance of financial independence in relationships and also in the everyday walks of life.

Inspired by a video of a Pastor talking about the dependence of most ladies in marriages or relationships and the problems this poses, this video couldn’t have come at a better, especially with the economy of the country at the time.

Sh urges ladies to strive to be financially empowered through this season and offer support in their relationship and marriages.

Sex doesn’t make him financially responsible for you!

A man giving you money doesn’t translate as love and vice versa!

Press play to enjoy the rest of her thought-provoking opinions.

1. @girlinthepurplescarf

April 19, 2017 at 12:45 pm

Epppp me oh!!!

2. Amy

April 19, 2017 at 12:59 pm

Offer support in marriage not relationship!

3. Debrella

April 19, 2017 at 1:17 pm

He does not want to spend and he wants sex, hmm, sex is not for sale but you have to prove to be able to provide for me , else nothing go happen o.

4. ab

April 19, 2017 at 2:16 pm

Women also don’t get deceived by this over flogging of not being dependent, a man is a provider, well better ‘phrased’ your husband is a provider, that don’t mean you should sit idle too, do what you love, ensuring that your home is together too! I know women are getting more and more independent but never forget your core role. These men and our children need us too! God has given us the power to shape them …if only we realise how powerful we are as women..if only!

5. OJ

April 19, 2017 at 2:35 pm

Trust our women here, they will not like this kind talk….everything has to be the man’s responsibility and yet they’ll be claiming im a strong black independent woman, I don’t need a man…always contracting themselves

6. Mz_Danielz

April 19, 2017 at 5:49 pm

Women are called Oriaku for a reason abeg,

My money, I will invest and save and if I’m in a relationship with you, you’ll give me an allowance, I’ve always been blessed cos when guys meet me, they immediately start thinking of what to do for me which is what a man should do.

The key is moderation, don’t ask all the time and in ways that make you look cheap, also access the guy. If you need like 100k, you can tell him you need 300 but you’ve saved up 100 yourself and he should support you the way he can. That way, he either gives 100, 150 or 200. You get what you want while still coming across as understanding and a financial partner. And then be actually financially free, invest your money, have side hustle so that if the guy starts to act up, you can actually leave.

There’s wisdom in these things oh.

• Paulmirabilis

April 19, 2017 at 8:30 pm

@Mz_Danielz: thank you for being truthful. Unfortunately some unlucky dude will fall in love with a loser and gold-digger like you.

7. john

April 19, 2017 at 6:11 pm

@mz Daniel let me guess ure also a feminist?

8. Lacey

April 19, 2017 at 6:58 pm

My dear go and read and understand that more women are carrying their men !!! They can have sex but they cannot take care of the woman !!! BS Vlog!!! My

• OJ

April 19, 2017 at 7:04 pm

Yep…you’ve just reinforced the saying that all women are potential prostitutes!!

9. af