Music

“You’re the one filled with hate and envy that’s why I named you 2face” – Blackface to 2Baba

BellaNaija.com

Blackface (Left) and 2Baba

Former Plantashun Boiz member Black Face has written a strong-worded statement to his former group member 2Baba on suspicion that the singer’s new song Holy Holy is about him.

The singer wrote on Instagram:

Now for the record, #2faceidibia if I didn’t work with you @official2baba in #plantashunboiz and asked you to sing one of the quickest song I ever I wrote #africanqueen you wouldn’t have had a #bighit as it is termed.
Next to that is my song #letsomebodyloveyou you sang without my permission and your manager @efeomorogbe published it illegally which we will get to the bottom of…

I am the one giving you sleepiness nights as you know am a hard nut to crack, all i did was help you tufaced being. Of all the artists i worked with why do I have a problem with only you, it is because you’re a lazy artist. Despite all your gifts, when you found out I was making new artists famous and i was improving vocally you got jealous and planned the industry to sabotage me and you kept making music about it like one of your lines said “dem never know wetin wan hit dem them, wan follow them” because you and your #creepyagents planned it all.

The truth is you’re the one filled with hate and envy and you know it that is why I named you #2face OK. What’s the name of that club you guys had the meeting again?

You killed Plantashun Boiz because of your tufaced nature and same way you wanted doing a protest for your pocket and it was wrong timing. I saved you because you for dey for jail but you are never grateful but pained over someone growth and development hence una plan make dem no gimme show.

Well 8years of sabotage and am still here and am still inspiring you and for that even if you hate me you should still be thankful to me still.

Now for the record #2faceidibia if I didn’t work with you @official2baba in #plantashunboiz and asked you sing one of the quickest song I ever I wrote #africanqueen you wouldn’t have had a #bighit as it is termed and next to that is my song #letsomebodyloveyou you sang without my permission and your manager @efeomorogbe published it illegally which we will get to the bottom of…its been me all the time giving you sleepiness nights as you know am a hard knock to crack,all i did was help you you tufaced being…off the artists i worked with why I have a problem with only you?because you’re a lazy artist despite all your gifts and when you found out I was making new artists famous and i was improving vocally you got jealous and planned the industry to sabotage me and you kept making music about it like one of ur lines said “dem never know wetin wan hit dem them” wan follow them” because you and your #creepyagents planned it all..and you said so much in many of ur other songs…the truth is you’re the one filled with hate and envy…and you know it..that’s why I named you #2face OK. what’s the name of that club you guys had the meeting again?you killed plantashun boiz because of your tuface nature and same way you wanted doing a protest for your pocket and it was wrong timing..I saved you cause you for dey for jail but you never grateful but pained over someone growing and development hence una plan make dem no gimme show…well 8years of sabotage and am still here and am still inspiring you and for that even if you hate me you should still be thankful to me still…. #BFN

A post shared by BFN (@blackfacenaija) on

Photo Credit: Black Face, 2Baba

1. Valentina

April 13, 2017 at 11:07 pm

Black face i cover you with the blood of Jesus Christ, you will not die from hate, you’ll live and continue to see tuface progress in Jesus name, Amen.

• Razor

April 13, 2017 at 11:26 pm

Amen!

• Indigo

April 13, 2017 at 11:35 pm

Amen!

• kkay

April 14, 2017 at 10:11 am

Envy is demonic, cancerous and retrogressive!
      There have been boy bands and musical groups all over the world that broke up and some members went solo successfully.
      Blackface, being talented with poor work ethics and character would mar anyone’s progress.
      Find out what makes Tu Baba successful and emulate it instead of these periodic bitter rantings

BabyFace was a successful songwriter but did not make a lot of hits. He wrote hit songs for Bobby Brown and many other artistes. WHY NOT BE A SUCCESSFUL SONGWRITER and MAKE YOUR MONEY FROM THAT.

Please, remember that not everyone that started off at the same time would achieve the same level of greatness. Be content in your own lane!
      Leave Tu Baba ALONE. You are NOT SIAMESE TWINS! Lol

• Mimi

April 14, 2017 at 10:32 am

Amen!!!

• Jade

April 14, 2017 at 1:24 pm

It’s not always hate. He probably needs heart to heart talk, acknowledgment and resolution. 2face I will encourage you to reach out to him, call him up and hear him out. My people are notorious in blocking feelings out, and turn everything into hate and jealousy. You are supposed to feel this way, that way and after success abandon, not even give credit where it’s due.

2. Happygirl

April 13, 2017 at 11:19 pm

There seem to be some deep unsettled problems between these two. I like 2face..and as he is more popular and successful its difficult to fault him on any grounds.. But I think its best the two have some matured heart to heart talk and settle their differences once and for all. No one is perfect after all. These are brothers now it pains me to see them like this.. I just tire honestly.

3. MurdaSheWrote

April 13, 2017 at 11:22 pm

Empty barrels really do make the loudest noise. This Blackface dude been hating on 2Baba since I was in high school. Nigga how u gon’ hate one person for that long? Your life that bleak??! Jeez. You better let sleeping dogs lie. Death can come at any time. Leave the hate for Satan and live your life with love. YOLO.

• SpeakOut

April 14, 2017 at 8:52 pm

It’s 8 years since they went their different ways. My BIG question to blackface is who has hate helped? Blackface what is your problem?

Please house can we count the number of artists that came to limelight within this period. Olamide, Wizkid, Davido, Tekno, Kiss Daniel, Borna boy, Skales, etc… and they are still very relevant.

The “lazy one” is still dropping hit songs… #PrayForBlackface

4. xplorenollywood.com

April 13, 2017 at 11:26 pm

But the music sky is big enough for 2 na! Sing your own in response as against this social rant nah!

5. Timi

April 13, 2017 at 11:28 pm

Oh God…this guy again? ?‍♂️

6. Razor

April 13, 2017 at 11:29 pm

Dude, get over this hate and move on already. Ahn! ahn!

7. John

April 13, 2017 at 11:30 pm

pls pple quit drug n smoke bcos it could build to something else . I think Black face needs rehab….

8. john

April 13, 2017 at 11:34 pm

damn..2 face must really have hurt this dude painfully..u dont just wake up and hate someone like this..the dude is clearly bitter even after so many years..he is like a woman who gave everything for a husband but was cheated and abused on

• Cocolette

April 13, 2017 at 11:47 pm

I agree John, people usually don’t just hate former friends this strongly, chances are that tuface really did hurt him. But Blackface really has to let it go for his own progress and sanity, ahnahn…it’s been like a hundred years man! Let it go please, and find as you go make your own tachiri money, life ana-aga-aga…life goes on.

• Ogo

April 14, 2017 at 3:52 pm

I agree with u

9. o

April 13, 2017 at 11:56 pm

Blackface really needs to let it go. All the anger and bitterness he’s holding on to won’t do him any good. After how many years still so bitter.

10. justine

April 14, 2017 at 12:35 am

Brother you need serious help.
    Need to be on some form of medication

11. Munachimso

April 14, 2017 at 12:52 am

Efule’ fu.. Black face.? Wht is the problem? Why can’t Nigerians hear word with this you nd 2face matter?

Shebi Faze said that African Queen song was his? It’s now yours? 2baba has made several hits after that song, and you would have done same.. So I don’t think African Queen is thy problem.. You are just Lazy.. Me, I’m tired of this your rant.. You know where Baba lives go there nd settle whatever issues y’all have.. Instagram has turned to celebrity’s Jury..

12. Markson Edim

April 14, 2017 at 1:56 am

If i were musician i would have made great hits 4 the period these prolonged saga of whatever has ensued btw him & 2baba 4 yrs…#I think Blackface is not really creative as he claims 2 be. #u should be a singer not a speaker. Step up bro?

13. Lliki

April 14, 2017 at 7:03 am

Let it go blackface, or better still, find a way to settle amicably with your former friend and band mate.
    I used to have the thought that men don’t usually keep malice that long!
    I somehow have the feeling that Tuface did indeed hurt blackface.

14. nene

April 14, 2017 at 8:43 am

“That’s why I named you” who says that? Blackface is so obsessed with 2face. PLease 2face be careful, this guy would harm you if he got close enough. very hateful to still be saying things like this, what a terrible person. In fact, 2 face should change his name, so this ingrate can shut the fuck up.

• Pink

April 14, 2017 at 3:16 pm

2face changed his name to 2baba

15. Joshua

April 14, 2017 at 10:43 am

you are right, there seems to b some hidden problem between them. Most of us may see blackface as an envious ranting noisemaker, but he has made some points too.

16. Badoo

April 14, 2017 at 12:00 pm

Black face if what you are saying is true while can’t u sing a new song to prove it if really u got tylent

I think u are just making noise for nothing

Why did your music career died??

Because u got no tylent to sing

17. Wise king

April 14, 2017 at 12:05 pm

I think black face need to be carried to a home were mad people are been tr

18. Snow

April 14, 2017 at 12:11 pm

Since they broke up..Tu face has released more than 3 amazing albums

What have you done since than mr noise maker???You always gossip anyone that is progressing…From 2face to psquar maybe it will soon be me …
    Are you a woman??

• anonymous

April 14, 2017 at 4:39 pm

Is it only women that gossip?

19. Skin scan

April 14, 2017 at 12:15 pm

I don’t blame u at all .. mr gossiper is not your fault u act according to your name
    BLACK FACE

20. Skin scan

April 14, 2017 at 12:26 pm

Mr black Wizard face ..Is like u forgot what iddris told u guys when you guys were in group as
    Plantation boz) he said if u guys think u all got tylent broke up.. Let’s see who will stand alone… He also said tuface u are the plantation..The rest are just boys.

If u forgot try have a rethink..And stop ths your Envy and jealousy .. Because it will only gives u high patention

21. Deadly spiii

April 14, 2017 at 12:35 pm

My guy..if u are looking for some money to pay your kinds school fees

I think u need to just say it … i know tubaba will help u out for old padi sake… Instead of ths garagara bufalalaa

22. Super

April 14, 2017 at 12:40 pm

23. Badoo

April 14, 2017 at 12:51 pm

Gesu!!!!! Ths black face again…. What exactly do you want from 2face tell uss..!!! Before ogu kill uuuu of Envy ..Na which kind human being u be self ..U never once talk anything sensible to the media…

24. Basic

April 14, 2017 at 12:59 pm

If the federal government does not have a reliable hospital for this guy predicament
    I assure u that all will be well

25. Basic

April 14, 2017 at 1:16 pm

He should be transferred to my church… by the grace of God the father, son,and holy spirit he will be well,i promise

I don’t need money i just want to help him

26. Carmen

April 14, 2017 at 1:48 pm

Is it until this guy kills himself before we know he has a problem?It’s been years!Does he have family?friends? I think an intervention should be staged. And very quickly too. Before he becomes a trending hashtag.

27. RIFF RAFF

April 14, 2017 at 1:52 pm

I m beginning to think there’s an element of truth in his allegations. He should take it to court with proof then. This dude is a talented songwriter. Too bad he let bitterness and weed cloud his spirit. It’s not too late to rebrand, get to work and make hit songs. To those shouting “jealousy” and “move on already”, pray no body steals your sweat, shines with it like the biblical story of Esau and Jacob… IF blackface’s allegations are true. I understand most of you got mad love for Tubaba, but keep an open mind.

• tolu

April 15, 2017 at 1:35 am

@riffraff, u are d only one that made sense. I dont know why people cant think. I pray friend should not betray u before anyone of u understands. Its clear to both of them. Dont judge on what u dont know.

28. Ijs

April 14, 2017 at 3:19 pm

Igbo na bastard sha.

29. Ogo

April 14, 2017 at 3:55 pm

I agree with u

30. Herdey

April 14, 2017 at 8:38 pm

And this is the best way for him to settle it, right?

31. Ennny Heart Heart

April 14, 2017 at 9:46 pm

Oga blackface, for the record no one would ve cared for African Queen of you had released the song.
    Secondly, I really like Tuface’s “holy holy” and after listening to the song’s lyrics I think it’s rather a shade to president buhari, absolutely not you.

If you’re so underrated with all the talents in the world how come we’ve not heard anything from you since the plantainshun boyz era.
    Please reach out to Tuface and tell him where you really feel aggrieved cos you look ridiculous and envious talking shit on ig.

32. Ekundayo

April 15, 2017 at 7:19 am

Well am a 2face big time fan, but I won’t curse blackface cos I like 2face, for blackface to hate 2face this long, 2face must have really hurt him and he just can’t get over it, and there r people like that, it’s obvious he must have really loved 2face more than all of us in the past. So you guys need to chill with the abuses, 2face needs to show him some respect and talk to him and solve the whole thing, if indeed he wrote African Queen which is 2face’s biggest hit which won him the BET and the GRAMMY and he was never acknowledged or regarded for it, dude has a right to be hurt. We are all created differently and not all of us can get over stuffs easily

33. Ifeyinwa Atuanya

April 15, 2017 at 9:44 am

@Munachimso, don’t call him, Efule ‘fu again, “Imaro ogbo gi.”

And if I hear “phim” from you; calling me names on Bella Naija, you will know my name

@MurdaSheWrote, what’s your real name? Use your real name to tell them about High School aka Secondary School

@kkay, do you know them personally? do you know their journey?

Ahmedu and Inno, “una still dey for dis matter, no be small matter oooo, mo una forgive una selves. Una dey over 40. Saint Gabriel don pass. Unijos don pass. IMT don pass. Plantashun Boyz don pass. Una get children. Una be papas. Una don play good music together. Wetin una want again?”

“Remember say: una be Benue”

34. Zi

April 15, 2017 at 11:31 pm

Can you stop already Blackface?