BN TV

BN TV: Can You have Sex on the First Date? Watch What Young Nigerians Had to Say on a New Episode of Vibe.ng’s #WhatsYourTake

BN TV

#WhatsYourTake is a strictly opinion based show exclusive to Vibe.ng where different people probe and share their views on various trends, values, controversies, beliefs and much more.

In this episode, they ask Nigerian Youths how cool they are with “Sex on the first date” with follow up questions like “would you date someone you slept with on the first date” and “Can you date someone you had sex with on the first date”.

Watch

1. Anne

June 9, 2017 at 2:14 pm

No. Righteous exalts a nation and sin is a reproach. I am not here to ‘people please’ but will say the truth. Better start praying for the person you will spend the rest of your life with so God can lead you and you can keep yourselves pure. If you eventually marry against God’s will though you kept yourself, the marriage will be hell.Therefore get it right on both sides. God’s will plus keep yourself. To the glory of God, not by my own smartness. I stumbled upon the fact that my maid of a few months has HIV. I worked from home mostly through those months and was not in the habit of leaving all house chores to her like most people do. Keep sleeping around. HIV is more common than we think now. It is around us. My ex maid is not from the village o. She get masters. So continue to sleep around and ignore the word of God. I could never ever have imagined it. She looked so impeccable.

2. iyke

June 9, 2017 at 3:15 pm

Whether sex on the first date is considered proper depends on the people involved, what they’re looking for and of course their age.
    For an 18year-old girl willing to have sex on the first date, her boyfriend might think she’s promiscuous.
    Girl in her 20s having sex on the first date might lead some men to think she is promiscuous, others not.
    For a woman in her thirties and has sex with me on the first date, I am likely going to think that her sleeping with me meant that she is attracted to me, not that she was inclined in general to sleep casually with anyone.
    And for women who are in their late 30s ,early 40s or older, they need not worry about their reputation or the unfavorable judgment if they choose to go to bed with someone on the first date. By that age, sex has become more casual and more acceptable.
    So, my take is that as far as it affects a future relationship between a couple, it doesn’t make any difference whether I have sex on the first date or not. some men are encouraged by it while others are turned off by such in an early relationship. The important thing is to be honest, open and make sure the other person knows exactly what you want from the relationship and ideally both parties want the same thing!
    Honestly, it is not fair to blame yourself for an experience that felt right, even if later there are more complex emotions and perceptions that arise.
    Whatever your reasons for having had sex on the first date were, it happened because you were feeling good, open, passionate, and alive. It doesn’t matter if the relationship doesn’t evolve the way you had hoped later. So please ladies STOP feeling guilty for giving out the cookie on the first day….Except if you were raped which is of course a CRIME.

• Amaka

June 9, 2017 at 9:04 pm

Deception. Some ladies are happy about your advice. They will go all out and not feel guilty abi. Guilt is a thing of the conscience. If you are immoral, your conscience will condemn you until you sear it with iron. Keep listening to a man who wants to sleep with you. He doesn’t want you to stop so you can be available for him. Continue in acts that lead to death before your maker. If you have been washed by the blood of Jesus and you are a royal priesthood and Holy nation set apart for Him, don’t listen to the devil dressed in rainments of sophistication. The Lord your God will soon reward you.

• Tomi

June 10, 2017 at 4:47 pm

And the day the same man who said you should not feel guilty changes his opinion and consider you cheap what will happen again considering the human mind is fickle.

3. Jenny

June 10, 2017 at 12:10 am

Why all these backward and primitive topics? Even animals show more restraint!

4. Krista

June 12, 2017 at 4:37 pm

My dear, It happens to everyone differently. I had sex with this guy on the first day we met. It didn’t change anything. Rather we grew fond of each other. Guess what??? he proposed a year after that and We have been married for 19 years. YES – 17 good years and blessed with 4 children.

I have a friend who got married and never slept with the husband until the wedding night {Not a virgin tho}, they ended up having issues in the marriage and divorced.

Finally, my childhood friend too got married as a virgin @29. A virgin i said. Eventually, 3 years into the marriage issues happened and they separated.

YOU HAVE SEX OR NOT ON THE FIRST DATE IT DOESN’T CHANGE ANYTHING. It depends on the individual. Some get irritated towards you, some stick to you, some see it as a normal activity, some are indifferent.
    What worked for me might not work for you and vice versa!!!

5. Siri

June 21, 2017 at 5:21 pm

@iyke and @Krista God bless you. i am 36 and meeting a guy for the first time since we been chatting and talking on phone. there is every likelihood that i will have sex with him. hope he still maintains his Love for me, if not he aint matured

6. opeyemi famakin

July 21, 2017 at 3:00 pm

How come you guys stopped posting their videos though… i like it