Scoop

Chika Ike Accepted into Harvard Business School’s Program for Leadership Development

BellaNaija.com

Nollywood actress Chika Ike has been accepted into one of Harvard Business School's Executive Education programs.

Chika Ike

Nollywood actress Chika Ike has been accepted into one of Harvard Business School‘s Executive Education programs.

The actress made the announcement in two Instagram posts.

She explained that she has been applying for 5 years.

Chika Ike was accepted into the institution’s Program for Leadership Development (PLD).

According to Harvard;

The Program for Leadership Development is designed specifically for specialists and star contributors with at least 10 to 15 years of work experience who have been identified as outstanding prospects for increased leadership responsibilities within their organizations.

PLD students represent diverse business functions, companies, industries, and countries, Harvard said.

Ideal candidates include:

• Vice presidents
  • Directors
  • Project managers
  • Functional managers

It described it as “an accelerated alternative to the executive MBA”.

The institution said that the course’s intensive modular format puts students on the fast track to leadership.

See her posts below:

View this post on Instagram

I finally got accepted into Harvard business school for my masters. After trying for 5 years and getting rejected..Yes ! The prestigious Ivy League University… Yippee 💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻….I'm super excited….The good part is it's an executive study so I can work ( as an actress, Tv host and CEO ) 😉😁 and school…I started business at age 17 and I've been doing this solely on self knowledge and instincts , I think it's time to hone my business skills from the mother of all business schools so I can have a sustainable company . …. God is awesome, he has done so much for me , looking at all my achievements so far .His grace has been with me all through. Doors that people said will never open , opened for my sake ….May he give you a blessing that looks like a lie such that people will question your blessings because of its magnitude . May your Enemies be confused and in awe of your blessings . May he give you reasons to smile as you rise in style and in glory .God is no respecter of man and doesn't care how anyone feels about your blessings. My story so far has truly been his divine Grace…… one advice …Never ever give up!#harvard #africadiva

A post shared by Chika Ike (@chikaike) on

Photo Credit: Instagram – chikaike

1. Segun

July 3, 2017 at 5:40 pm

Harvard Business School does not offer a part-time MBA or an Executive MBA (eMBA) program. The MBA program at HBS requires full-time attendance for two years.

Chike Ike should therefore correct her post and state that she is applying for a certificate program and NOT an executive MBA as she is claiming in her post

• lilmix236

July 3, 2017 at 8:33 pm

nawa oh.. the effort you took into finding such out and adding the link. May you find joy so you can celebrate with others

• Ottawa Queen

July 4, 2017 at 2:42 am

And what’s wrong in attending a certificate program? Should every education acquired be on a full time basis degree? Knowledge is power. . .however it is served! Stop being bitter and just be happy for her.

• Bella

July 4, 2017 at 12:50 pm

damn!!! LOL, that was a quick snap!!! Y’all don play here do you? LOLLest

• Ada

July 4, 2017 at 1:25 pm

That’s a lie Tyra Banks is a graduate of their EMBA program, go figure

• Segun

July 4, 2017 at 3:13 pm

Sincerely, I have no ill feelings towards her. I celebrate other people’s success ALWAYS. There is nothing wrong with a certificate program; I have some. But there is everything wrong with peddling false claims. In fact, I got this information in my bid to recommend the program to somebody else by sending the link, only to find out that it was pointing to….Ajekun Iya ni y’oje….

2. Don Mba

July 3, 2017 at 5:51 pm

congrats to her..she is very fair now thou…

3. Nakoms

July 3, 2017 at 6:07 pm

I like how this lady and Linda keep excelling inspite of all odds!

• Jayn

July 3, 2017 at 6:09 pm

What odds?

• Nelo

July 3, 2017 at 6:17 pm

@jayn: the odds are many. like being a female, being young, being Nigerian, etc.

• FasholasLover

July 3, 2017 at 7:20 pm

@Jayn, be hating okay… Na here you go dey dey contribute to BN purse wey Chika go become Senator representing your senatorial district. It does not matter what you think, this girl has done well for herself – coming out of an abusive marriage et al

4. Nelo

July 3, 2017 at 6:16 pm

This is great news and encouraging to see a female celebrity investing in education. It’s not always about designer bags and shoes (not that those are bad). But brains are sexy as hell any day. Congrats Chika!

5. Spunky

July 3, 2017 at 6:54 pm

Congratulations Ike.

6. Paulmirabilis

July 3, 2017 at 7:03 pm

I congratulate her but there are some lies in her post. Firstly, Harvard does not offer an executive MBA. Secondly, the PLD program is not a degree, it is a certificate program. The question now is, she’s been applying for the program for 5 years according to her, how come she still doesn’t know that the program is a certificate awarding program rather than a degree-awarding one? Does it mean she’s ignorant of what she applied for or she’s trying to take her fans for fools? For your information, this program is not that competitive to get into as long as you package yourself well and you’ve got the money.

• Babym

July 3, 2017 at 7:27 pm

U just sound jealous I’m not sorry to say! Simple congrats would’ve been better than trying to pick silly holes in her achievement.

• sika

July 3, 2017 at 8:14 pm

@babym -its not silly holes. its important people are honest about these things rather than intentionally paint a different picture. your type will say its ‘hating’ just because some others take honesty really serious. Also, to get into Harvard MBA programme isnt beans so she should make it clear its a certificate programme – which you can get into as far as you have the money to pay for it. It is not a degree program. Her claiming it is a degree is a slap on others who worked very hard to get in and graduate. abeg she should park well.

All you Nigerians with certificate programs for ivy league unis are the ones who make the loudest noise.

• Tolani

July 3, 2017 at 8:47 pm

I’m not a hater but really the EMBA is not a thing at Harvard. She should have just said she got into Harvard for a program and left it at that. I don’t understand the need to lie. So on her resume/cv, she’ll now put she had her MBA at Harvard? I’m confused?!? Honestly, I’m happy she has decided to take a bold step to continue her education but lying about the program she’s actually going for is low

• Hmm

July 3, 2017 at 9:37 pm

Babym not everyone is jealous. Lol I’ve attended some of the best schools in the world by God’s grace and I can categorically tell you that the PLD is a certificate program. Those who are well versed in studying abroad would easily know this without even doing any research.

• ND Babe

July 3, 2017 at 9:54 pm

My dear, chika would not know the difference btw the PLD cert and the MBA since she will be ” horning” her skills. No pun intended.

• Angie

July 4, 2017 at 2:50 pm

My dear, even the voltrons here are no better than Chika herself. I applaud her for trying to academically better herself but please be honest about what you are going in for. This is a certificate program and not an EMBA. In fact, Bella Naija did well to tell us what the school says about the course…..”The institution said that the course “is a personalized learning experience” that is tailored to each student’s unique leadership goals and challenges. It described it as “an accelerated alternative to the executive MBA”.” Abeg sis, don’t try to pull a Dino Melaye on us….

7. Bee

July 3, 2017 at 7:13 pm

Congrats chika

8. Oyi

July 3, 2017 at 7:15 pm

LOL… all these sad people arguing whether it is a degree or what not.. bia she has Harvard attached to her resume.. congratulate her or keep being sad and utterly ugly at heart!

• lilmix236

July 3, 2017 at 8:39 pm

haha right? I did one of their courses aswell and it is there to stay

• I_I

July 4, 2017 at 7:48 am

LOL. You can take a course for around 500k naira from Harvard X, and still have Harvard next to your name. You think its just by anything Harvard on your CV?

9. Lacey

July 3, 2017 at 7:31 pm

@ Thank you Paulmirabilis!!! She is another Dino in the making !!! Liar liar pants on ?!!! Oyibo will collect your money and give you certificate!!! This one get head to write GRE? Nigerians are so gullible that you keep wondering how it came to this!!! Harvard kor, haggard ni!!! She has got esteem issues!!! No one really cares!!!

• Sunshiney

July 3, 2017 at 7:57 pm

Thank you, anyone can do this certificate as long as they can afford it.

• Jay

July 3, 2017 at 10:34 pm

Lacey,
      Nigerians aren’t gullible. If you have sense you would know that BN stylishly threw shade at Chika, that’s why her post was not only attached to his article; but the “according to Harvard” part of the post about. BN isn’t stupid and the readers aren’t, of course we all know it is not an MBA. Don’t use Chika’s odd behaviour to insult Nigerians. Chika is gullible, perhaps you are too, Nigerians aren’t.

10. Bolaji

July 3, 2017 at 7:47 pm

Why is this news?

• Ema

July 3, 2017 at 10:53 pm

Thanks Bolaji. Its pointless. People just like the world ooiing and haaing about them.

11. Paulmirabilis

July 3, 2017 at 7:49 pm

@Babym: I’m sorry to tell you that you have a very low self esteem. To you, I’m hating her simply because I refused to be taken for a fool like she did to you. My dear, I have an analytical mind and don’t just take things hook, line and sinker.

• Babym

July 3, 2017 at 10:23 pm

Lool abeg jor let me hear word! First of all I didn’t say u were hating her I said u sound Jealous. U knew what u were doing with that comment and it was totally uncalled for. Infact it was ur last 2 lines or so that gave u away- ‘the program is not that competitive any one can get in ‘…… u sef reason that statement well now use ur analytical mind to do better abeg.

12. Fast cars

July 3, 2017 at 7:51 pm

What has enemies got to do with this???

13. TEE

July 3, 2017 at 8:26 pm

First of all the program is $48k , Like seriously girl, if you indeed are going for the program then you need to borrow some sense .

First, this is a certificate program not a degree program , Fortune 500 companies not individuals send their executives hence the hefty charges and in truth ,they dont mind because these guys rake in Billions of dollars for them , i am sure that is one of the reasons you tried to get in for so long without luck .

Two , it is obvious you have serious self esteem issues since you need validation from strangers , the bottom part of the letter states the duration hence you crop it so people will not know its a 14 days program twice in 6 months on campus….girl, lying on Social Media is silly .

Three, Harvard has started shading Executive Education Alumi who come out to say ‘Harvard trained’ which i am sure you gunning for, because according to them , Executive programmes are not to train you like a degree program would ,hopefully you can be accepted into their degree program after this program since you can get reference from your lecturers but the ultimate question is ”is it worth it ” ,

Take it from someone who also got into an Ivy league institution for an actual degree programme.

• bruno

July 3, 2017 at 8:53 pm

she wants to do beauty and brains. u people pls leave her alone let her do beauty and brains biko.

because of u people now she has uploaded a video of herself dancing on instagram calling u people who said her programme isnt a degree programme, haters.

48k dollars, who is paying for it? abi na her alhaji

14. bruno

July 3, 2017 at 8:33 pm

“this one get head to write GRE”

OMG @lacey that’s so mean. even for my own standards, thats terribly mean. that statement shocked me. not nice at all

grades doesnt determine intelligence. the same way a monkey will climb a tree is not the say way a fish or a giraffe will. but that doesn’t mean the fish or giraffe isnt intelligent.

she shouldn’t have made it look like it was a degree programme tho. she should have been more honest. but congrats. nigerians love certificates. any certificate they will take.

15. Cozygal

July 3, 2017 at 8:50 pm

Nigerians are funny people, a confused bunch, if you ask me. One moment you publicly shame the ajekun senator for claiming to have Harvard degrees when they are certificates from seminars. Now, people are pointing out that Chika has not quite been honest with her revelation and you’ve tagged them haters. Ananias and Saphira kinda trait if you ask me.
    The need to ‘pepper dem’, make them hate, show the world you are rising despite… truth is, no one needs to know. But if you share it, and the world sees the falsehood around it, then don’t complain when they call you out.

16. Why

July 3, 2017 at 8:59 pm

This is one of the problem with Africans. It is of mentality and it is one of the set back we have has people and you might has well link it to the stagnation of growth on the continent. Why will you deceive people and make it seem like you re getting an MBA? when its in fact a certificate. oh you simply want to blind your followers with the name Harvard and you want them to worship you and anyone who points out your lies is a called an hater ok!
    I had a friend who did the same thing. As soon as he got an admission to a school abroad his whole demeanor changed, he started showing off on social media and stuff. He has even abandoned me that helped him with his application. He is on a new level now so I guess he doesn’t need me anymore.
    At the end of the day, It not all about education, sometimes its about mentality and exposure-this is one of the problems with our people

17. Awesome

July 3, 2017 at 10:30 pm

I enjoyed reading this post and the comments.

18. Rain

July 3, 2017 at 10:44 pm

Wonder why she has to lie………simple ceetificate awarding program done in few weeks. Some of us went to the best postgraduate schools in the world. 48k USD for a certificate bearing harvard…….priorities …….enuff said

19. Bowl

July 3, 2017 at 11:16 pm

Even if she is going to get an MBA, of what import will it be to our lives. Most of those making noise here who have MBAs from the prestigious Havard business school are still servants of servants for fortune 500 company owners. It’s no big deal ( to me) if any of these prestigious Western schools offer you a place to study. If there’s a skill you need from them, quietly go and get it , and impact lives seriously. This is what makes sense to me. I encourage us to read the story of Cutix cables Nnewi. He is also a product of Havard business school.He belonged to the age when men were raised to be Sons and not servants as is highly prevalent in our time.We send our children to the best schools for sole purpose of buying class .

• ardnas

July 4, 2017 at 2:48 pm

thank you. i just read about cutix nnewi.

20. Bowl

July 3, 2017 at 11:27 pm

We have a lot to learn from the West and the Chinese . There , you will see children of prominent men proficient in so many skills, being very in charge of their lives. Yes a good number of them are products of these schools with loud evidence of the aim of attending them in the first place. Some others were home taught, yet are indisputable champions/ masters of there businesses. Every day in Nigeria, my ears are regaled with news of one senator / governor, or the other graduating from one foreign university or the other. Yet our lives are as meaningless as ever.

21. Bowl

July 3, 2017 at 11:48 pm

I meant governor or senator’ s child

22. Letty

July 4, 2017 at 4:49 am

Lying that she is doing her masters and not a certificate program can get her in trouble…her need for public validation is alarming..

• Olori

July 4, 2017 at 8:44 am

This comment just sums it all up. I honestly wonder why she felt the need to lie. What is wrong with your certificate program that you are lying that it is a EMBA? I love her and I gbadun her hustle but this is just the biggest L ever.

23. Leila

July 4, 2017 at 7:40 am

Hmm why are people so eager to downplay her achievement?
    This is not a simple certificate program as 1 commenter said.

This is a highly competitive 8 month program which Harvard Business School themselves considers as their own version of an EMBA (they dont have an “EMBA”.
    Perhaps Chika misrepresented by saying “masters”.

Anyway, congratulations Chika. You do well. And for the neysayers, if she completes this program plus an extra session/coursework, she will be an official Harvard Business School alumni. Also an exclusive honour and yes it is a big deal.

• jake

July 4, 2017 at 5:56 pm

you are just as dumb as her… so kindly and respectfully shut your mouth up….

24. Sun_shn

July 4, 2017 at 9:26 am

Your dress is fine…lovely colour too *calling my tailor*

25. Brendaalfred

July 4, 2017 at 10:48 am

Bella, u’ve got some ‘BRILLIANT’ commentators here & this is why I love visiting ur blog. I Learn a lot thru intelligent posts 4rm comments here, as no knowledge is wasted. Kudos guys!

26. chioma Anosike

July 4, 2017 at 10:56 am

well done

27. kayla

July 4, 2017 at 11:54 am

@leila no one is hating o and how is this 8 months program. why did she call it an MBA in the first place. why is everything regarded HATE in nigeria. is this not the same thing Senator Dino did and we called him out. why is her case different.
    oh i forgot she is a lady therefore we should support her even though she is obviously lying. i really dont get the word HATE this days.

• Linda

July 6, 2017 at 10:20 pm

It’s 8 weeks program not 8 months. My boss did it. Go see program schedule on Harvard website

Eight weeks certification program. Get you facts straight from

28. EFFIONG EDEKE

July 4, 2017 at 10:35 pm

I thank God Almighty for you. Your achievement is awesome and I rejoice with Chika. The Bible says we should rejoice with those that rejoice and mourn with those that mourn. Good luck, my sister. Harvard, here u come

29. Northwestern MBA alum

July 6, 2017 at 3:54 pm

Hello Bush illiterate ignorant Nigerians, an 8 week leadership program certification in Harvard in neither a masters degree nor an MBA. You need a GMAT (not a GRE as someone earlier stated) excellent undergraduate credentials from a good undergraduate school and top notch work experience and great references to be considered let alone be accepted to do any full time masters.

You guys are so gullible and ignorant especially her foolish illiterate followers.

Some of the comments are embarrassing and ignorant, goes to show you know nothing about ivy league acceptance process and anything about masters degree.

Chika Ike got accepted to an Accelerated 8 week CERTIFICATION program you don’t need much of a prerequisite to get accepted just some 15-20yrs leadership experience and $48,000 that’s all. And even a blind bat knows the lied on Chika lied on her application about her 15yr leadership experience. Opps my bad she led the people in her Abuja nail shop. FancyNancy

• Cee

July 15, 2017 at 5:57 pm

You call 15 to 20 years leadership experience “just some”, waooo. Great respect for experience.

30. Thinking out loud

July 6, 2017 at 4:55 pm

hmm. na wa o all for another person headache, Chika or Whatever her name is wouldn’t read all this post neither those rejoicing with her. chikana Buh fake news no good too ngwa

31. Cynthia

July 6, 2017 at 10:26 pm

We IVY LEAGUES MBA and all top notch fortune 500 companies leaders laugh at this popular Harvard CASH GRAB $48,000 8 WEEK LEADERSHIP CERTIFICATION PROGRAM. ????????

32. Intelligentia

July 15, 2017 at 7:07 am

$48,000???? Are you serious?