News

Sowetan Model lives in Fear as Boyfriend gets Bail after Beating her with Bat

BellaNaija.com

Sowetan model Nonhlanhla Mazibuko has been living in fear since her boyfriend was released on bail of R1500 just two days after he was arrested for physically assaulting her, Sunday World reports.

The 25-year-old spent a week in the hospital after her skull was almost pried open by her DJ boyfriend last month.

According to Mazibuko, her boyfriend had complained about her work as a model and wanted her to stop. She said:

His biggest problem was that I kept working against his will. He kept telling me to leave modeling. He used to beat me up when I came from work but I thought he would stop.

On the night he beat me up, he went through my phone and found chats between my me and my cousin about a gig I was going to attend. He was also angry that I bought a new phone and had a new weave. He said I got the items from other men. He took his wooden cricket bat and started hitting. He beat me on my head and upper body. I thought I was going to die.

My mother came to his place and found me lying in a pool of blood. She went to the police station to open a case. Police at Moroka police station refused to open a case. They said I should do it myself. I could not walk

Mazibuko said she was disappointed that the court granted him bail despite the severity of her injuries explaining that she is still terrified to walk around Soweto, in case he comes back to hurt her.

Police spokesman Kay Makhubela said about the case:

The man was arrested and appeared in court. He was released on bail of R1500 and will appear in court against later this month.

1. Mrs chidukane

September 19, 2017 at 11:45 pm

Chai, why did she provoke him by refusing to stop work? She should have stopped nah.. Mtcheew. Better hide till he is sentenced.

• Gia

September 20, 2017 at 2:00 am

*sigh*

• Nnenz

September 20, 2017 at 3:11 am

The next time you refuse to do something that a man commands for you to do, I hope he breaks the bones in your face. What sort of foolish comment? Also South African men are pigs. All of them. All they do is beat and kill women.

• Batwoman

September 20, 2017 at 4:11 am

Mrs Chidukane…..you are VERY stupid. She provoked him by following her dreams. That’s what you did n.a….wearing MRS as a big bag of honour. Subservient Trash…

• ***

September 20, 2017 at 10:24 am

Mrs Chidukane,
      Considering your reputation on this website, I assume this is sarcasm. If you really mean these words, then you need to talk to a psychiatrist as soon as possible. People learn from the internet you know, how can you logically find this woman culpable? I hope your husband does not hit you? Nobody deserves this, unless in event of defense. Even in defense, it should be humane and just enough to subdue. Men men! Physically stronger men!! Your wife/girlfriend/booboo/pussycat gave you one slap or poked you or shoved you doesn’t mean you beat her to within an inch of her life, subdue and restrain her and ensure calm is restored before letting go. If this persists unapologetically and unabatedly, please plaese end the union. Women women! Emotionally stronger women! Your husband slapped you once doesn’t mean your vindictive mind pushes you to give him a hot water bathe in his sleep or chop off his penis, end a potentially violent union

• Joke

September 20, 2017 at 10:43 am

I suppose you are mad

• Nne

September 20, 2017 at 11:23 am

may God have mercy on your foolishness. i hope you raise your girl child better than this statement. You’re part of the problem, is that why you felt the need to put your status first as Mrs… so, you’re nobody outside of this your marital status. God help you and the babies you’re raising…. Mrs

• May

September 21, 2017 at 11:15 am

Such a terrible thing to say! May you never be in such a situation in Jesus Name.

2. Drknite

September 20, 2017 at 12:47 am

They will be back together tomorrow. I predict she will take him back

3. Susie

September 20, 2017 at 5:17 am

wait mrs. chidukane are you seriously blaming the victim for someone deciding to beat her up or it is a joke? Do some of you realize that men who beat women don’t need any reason to do so? Ask yourself why they don’t dare to beat their bosses or soldier men when angry? Moreover, what right does a mere boyfriend who hasn’t even married a woman honorably have to dictate her career? And if he was providing well for her financially would she need to work?

4. Anonymous

September 20, 2017 at 5:44 am

Im so sorry. This is horrendous, how could a human do such a thing? This guy is truly an animal. Does this animal not have a sister or mother? How would he like it if someone beat them ? What a disgrace, I blame his mother!

5. Joke

September 20, 2017 at 10:23 am

I think Mrs Chidukane is being sarcastic, guys. Where’s that dumb Monalisa Chinda? Oya come and defend this man too! What manner of provocation could cause this? She doesn’t want to stop working? And you don’t like it? DUMP HER! She verbally abuses you? Abuse is abuse, biko; DUMP HER! Whether you’re a man, woman or hermaphrodite or even transgender, you have NO JUSTIFICATION, I repeat NO JUSTIFICATION to physically attack your spouse! Beat her with a bat sha? Ah, this is evil oh! You see, you will NEVER see that imbecilic goat John coming to comment on these articles, yet he’s always commenting on other articles about how evil black women are. I’ve always said John and Chief are the same person and they are on Bellanaija’s payroll to try to get a rise out of people because the things they comment and Bellanaija still posts their comments, ehn! Anyway, Bellanaija, don’t use my comment for Banku oh! Post it!

6. nene

September 20, 2017 at 12:35 pm

please go back home and live with your parents.

7. Sherlie Holmes

September 20, 2017 at 2:12 pm

What is really up with these South African men though? Its always them torturing their women, kilode?