Music

Banky W shares Testimony of Recovery after Skin Cancer Surgery

BellaNaija.com

Singer Banky W was away for some time, treating a rare strain of skin cancer tumours which resurfaced after they first appeared 10 years ago. We’re thankful he’s hale and hearty now. Read his testimony below:

A wise man once said this: “Scars. A sign that you had been hurt. A sign that you had been healed.” Scroll through the pictures to see mine.

For those who’ve been wondering why I’ve been away so long..I had my 3rd surgery on a rare strain of skin cancer tumours in my shoulder last month. The first 2 times were over 10 yrs ago, then it recently resurfaced. But this isn’t a sad story as much as it is a reminder, and a testimony.
A reminder that you should never take life for granted. You only get 1 shot. Some people went to sleep and never woke up. Many others have lost the battle to cancer and other illnesses. Many are still fighting. U never know when your time will be up so don’t waste another minute. It’s also a testimony about the goodness of God. I think I had to go through this again to remember how merciful God is to me; Lord knows I don’t deserve it but He saves me time and again anyway. I keep saying I need to write a book. I really, really do.

The past few weeks of recovery have been tough, but beautiful. I’m finally back on my feet, feeling stronger and ready to get back to life. I’m especially thankful to my Nurse Susu for loving me and being by my side every step of the way – I don’t deserve U ??, my parents & siblings, in-laws & close friends for the love, support and prayers, my Pastors – Pastor Tony Rapu & Pastor Del Balogun of TPH, Pastor Taiwo Odukoya and Pastor Bayo Adeyokunnu – for constantly praying with and for me. And of course to Dr Wodajo & Dr Miralli & their teams – who God used to operate on me successfully.

I’m thankful for life, provision and healing. Pls dont feel bad, or msg me with any worries.. God has done it, just thank Him for me.
The pain will eventually go away but the scar won’t – and I’m glad because it’s a reminder to me of what God has done, and evidence to you of what He CAN do. I’m not stronger or better than anyone. I’m just a living testimony that no matter what u face, U can survive & thrive, by God’s grace.

#TheBankStatements #nowplaying#BlessingMe

View this post on Instagram

A wise man once said this: "Scars. A sign that you had been hurt. A sign that you had been healed." Scroll through the pictures to see mine. I'm sharing these because they're proof of what God has brought me through. And because somewhere out there, I know there's someone who needs to hear this. For those who've been wondering why I've been away so long..I had my 3rd surgery on a rare strain of skin cancer tumours in my shoulder last month. The first 2 times were over 10 yrs ago, then it recently resurfaced. But this isn't a sad story as much as it is a reminder, and a testimony. A reminder that you should never take life for granted. You only get 1 shot. Some people went to sleep and never woke up. Many others have lost the battle to cancer and other illnesses. Many are still fighting. U never know when your time will be up so don't waste another minute. It's also a testimony about the goodness of God. I think I had to go through this again to remember how merciful God is to me; Lord knows I don't deserve it but He saves me time and again anyway. I keep saying I need to write a book. I really, really do. The past few weeks of recovery have been tough, but beautiful. I'm finally back on my feet, feeling stronger and ready to get back to life. I'm especially thankful to my Nurse Susu for loving me and being by my side every step of the way – I don't deserve U ??, my parents & siblings, in-laws & close friends for the love, support and prayers, my Pastors – Pastor Tony Rapu & Pastor Del Balogun of TPH, Pastor Taiwo Odukoya and Pastor Bayo Adeyokunnu – for constantly praying with and for me. And of course to Dr Wodajo & Dr Miralli & their teams – who God used to operate on me successfully. I'm thankful for life, provision and healing. Pls dont feel bad, or msg me with any worries.. God has done it, just thank Him for me. The pain will eventually go away but the scar won't – and I'm glad because it's a reminder to me of what God has done, and evidence to you of what He CAN do. I'm not stronger or better than anyone. I'm just a living testimony that no matter what u face, U can survive & thrive, by God's grace. #TheBankStatements #nowplaying #BlessingMe

A post shared by Banky W. (@bankywellington) on

1. Mamamia

November 9, 2017 at 2:18 pm

Awwwwww banks … a lot of us fight battles nobody knows about. Thank God you are doing much better now and thank God for Susu of course, she seems like a good influence in your life. All the best!

2. x-factor

November 9, 2017 at 2:19 pm

Wow! Awesome God!

• Osa

November 10, 2017 at 3:14 am

Was Adesua simply going to sit back and not nurse him back to good health?!!!!! Women by nature would do absolutely anything for a man they are in love with. In fact women would do anything for men

• Osa

November 10, 2017 at 3:19 am

Banky I rejoice with you. Those stitches look real freaky.

3. Ephi

November 9, 2017 at 2:24 pm

Oh wow, that picture!
    Hope people can see that celebrities are human like you and I, cos the way people tend to abuse these people online like they live in a different world than us.

Thank God for your life Banky and your healing shall be permanent in Jesus name, Amen.

• Sensa Greene

November 10, 2017 at 1:22 am

Amen. Speedy recovery Bank W, God will perfect your health in Jesus name.

4. Lilo

November 9, 2017 at 2:35 pm

But what’s the need to share this with the universe?

• Ephi

November 9, 2017 at 2:40 pm

He already answered your question right up there. Sigh.

****I’m sharing these because they’re proof of what God has brought me through. And because somewhere out there, I know there’s someone who needs to hear this.*****

• Bey

November 9, 2017 at 2:48 pm

He is giving a testimony and he can decide to share it how he feels .
      This message can encourage someone going through this or any other form of cancer, or a benign growth or something ; give the person hope.
      . It can also spur on someone that has noticed a certain mark or growth on their skin to have it checked out. Nigerians aren’t so aware on skin cancers.
      I actually know of someone that has been complaining of a certain mark on her back. Going to advice her to have it checked.
      Thanks for sharing Banky, wish you the best.

• Miss_Flygerian

November 9, 2017 at 3:19 pm

Because it’s his testimony. Because if someone can give a testimony in church, why should social media be different? Because it’s a more effective way to reach across a larger number of people and assure them that they’re not alone in their struggles.

There are endless reasons, ok? It’s absolutely insensitive to even ask why he’s sharing his story.

• corolla

November 9, 2017 at 3:21 pm

@Lilo, right? Then they will come and complain that people are too nosy and blogs carry their story.

• Thanks Banky

November 9, 2017 at 3:21 pm

True @Bey, I’ve had a small lump around my pubic hair for so long now. Maybe I need to get it checked.

• Bobosteke

November 9, 2017 at 3:28 pm

And they overcame him by the blood of the lamb and by the “word of their testimony”.

• Pd

November 9, 2017 at 3:45 pm

He’s testifying to God’s goodness and mercy in his life… What has your bitter life got to say about that…. Ewu!

• Engoz

November 9, 2017 at 5:03 pm

Why can’t he share it with the universe?
      You think cancer is a joke?
      So by your logic making a post about surviving cancer is comparable to making a post about designer handbags?

• seriously

November 9, 2017 at 5:29 pm

Bcos of folks like you who don’t want to shame the devil publicly. Tell the devil loud and clear, he’s a liar.
      Banky W, keep sharing your story because not only will it encourage someone out there but it’s a reminder of how powerful God is.

• Kachi

November 9, 2017 at 7:40 pm

Because he was testifying to God’s goodness. I am happy testified. Worry about yourself and not the universe. Also, feel free to post evidence where he begged you to follow him on social media or where BN begged you to click this link. Thank you.

• californiabawlar

November 10, 2017 at 10:14 am

He’s even sharing after the fact… how do you have a problem with that?

wow, Banky! This is so scary! You’re in my thoughts. May God continue to keep you.

5. nene+

November 9, 2017 at 2:54 pm

Blessed be the name of the Lord for this miracle.
    Banky i rejoice with you and may your healings be permanent.
    I currently know someone with similar diagnosis and i will shared your story of hope and faith that God is able to heal ALL sickness.
    I pray that The Lord Almighty will heal these diseases by his Stripes.
    Congrats as i declare Gods protection over you and yours.

6. Ronkizziee

November 9, 2017 at 2:59 pm

Bless God for your life Bubba. Bad belle be asking why you acknowledging God by testifying of His undeserved love

7. Ronkizzie

November 9, 2017 at 3:12 pm

8. MAYGURL

November 9, 2017 at 3:56 pm

Aww…thank God for your life and the healing process. Testimonies are for overcomers and you have overcome cancer of any form indeed in Jesus name. Thanks Susu and all those who supported.

9. Temi

November 9, 2017 at 4:48 pm

Some things are a bit too personal to be in your twitter feed. You are willing to put this much out there but then when someone put your business out there you scream foul. This couple will do anything for attention. The End

• God's Gold

November 9, 2017 at 9:49 pm

My friends shut up there. Bible says we overcome by the Words of our Testimony.

• MN

November 9, 2017 at 10:51 pm

How bitter and vile can you be? So someone sharing his story in order to encourage others is thirsting for attention? All this while we didn’t even know what they were going through. Smh get back down to reality they don’t give a damn about your bloody attention. Nigerians can be so insensitive gosh! sigh.. anyway may God perfect his healing

10. Patty boo

November 9, 2017 at 4:50 pm

God is surely alive.

11. Engoz

November 9, 2017 at 4:53 pm

Get well Banky.

12. Aderonke

November 9, 2017 at 5:13 pm

Congrats Banky…you are a victor! Susu pele ku itoju…the Lord will see you guys through all the way. Affliction will never rise again! Congrats again and again

13. northern lights

November 9, 2017 at 5:21 pm

I’m just loving that pic with susu giving bubba surm lurvv…I just love their love mehn…keep inspiring banky…you’ll pull through

14. olorificent

November 9, 2017 at 5:28 pm

This is an evidence to show that assumption is the mother of all evil…. for sometimes now, blogger’s have carried all sort of news that banky engaged susu and refuse to marry her and people made to the wrong gist go viral not knowing what they are actually going through….. Nigeria will be better if we all stop judging matters from afar, judge others based on some fake news and stop assuming things….before you type or say anything make sure you have walked in their shoes…
    All the best to susu and banky…..#dontjudgewontjudgelifewillbebetter

15. FIFi

November 9, 2017 at 5:52 pm

I pray that his healing will be permanent and He shall live long to eat at his children’s children’s table Amen

16. Losola

November 9, 2017 at 6:25 pm

Woooow!
    That was the first thing I said when I saw the scar.
    I used to look at my ceasearian scar and feel a bit awkward but I lent from you.
    Scars are reminders of God’s faithfulness.
    Now I’m counting my blessings again and thinking of the many things that could have gone wrong.
    Yes,only the living can see the scars.
    The dead don’t even know what part of their body the scar is.

More thankful for life!

Get well quick Banky’ and may afflictions not rise again.

17. Lola

November 9, 2017 at 7:33 pm

Thank You Jesus for this glorious testimony! Jesus did it #whatnomancando

18. Lucy

November 9, 2017 at 7:56 pm

Scars are a constant reminder of Gods love, mine constantly reminded me of how God saved from cancer

19. Ifeoma

November 9, 2017 at 10:22 pm

The purpose is so people can give thanks to God on his behalf. Testimonies are for people to glorify God for he is the doer of all miracles. he was just returning all glory to God.

20. Fried Pant

November 10, 2017 at 2:06 am

May God protect you and your family from ill health in Jesus Name…Amen

21. FEMI @colorido

November 10, 2017 at 7:03 am

Wao! I can’t believe you went through all these, I thank God Jehovah for your life , we eagerly waiting for that time in God’s government ( maths 6:9-10 , Daniel: 2:44 , Rev: 11:15 ) when all sicknesses including SKIN CANCER and death will be things of past (Isaiah: 33:24 , Rev:21:3-5) let the hope of God’s government (God’s kingdom) be on ur mind always cos it’s mankind only hope for all our problems , it will all be solved once and for all
    Get well soon @bankywilington ,we love you.