Scoop

Yvonne Nelson talks Pregnancy, her Partner & Marriage as she Covers WOW Magazine’s Latest Issue

BellaNaija.com

Yvonne Nelson talks Pregnancy, her Partner & Marriage as she Covers WOW Magazine's Latest Issue

Yvonne Nelson is the cover star for WOW Magazine‘s latest issue. In the cover story, the actress talks about pregnancy, her partner, and finding complete happiness with her baby girl.

The issue was released today (Sunday, November 12th), which is Yvonne’s birthday. She shared a photo of the cover on Instagram and wrote: “WOW! ITS MY BIRTHDAY ??? The BEST year of my life! The best birthday GIFT ever! Looking for a miracle?? Just look around you….it’s there. He’s present in everything”.

See excerpts:

Being Pregnant

I was so paranoid because I don’t think I’ve been to the hospital ever, but I got pregnant and I had to got to the hospital like every two weeks. You know, all these different tests one must undergo and it’s scary because it (was my) first time. You don’t just know what to expect, people don’t tell you these things.

It feels like a minute ago, I was on the beach relaxing in my size 4 figure…. It’s so humbling knowing that I’m about to become a mother. Guess the best part? I can eat whatever I want without worrying my tummy would protrude. It’s already very big.

How her Mum Felt about the Pregnancy

My mum used to be so big on marriage; she was very traditional – marriage, then baby – until I got pregnant. It’s like everything changed. I guess your priority obviously changes to something else. She’s now more concerned about the baby.

On Marriage before Pregnancy

I believe if I say that (I’m not a traditional lady who may decide to get pregnant out of wedlock), people might say I’m not setting a good example but I think society is just so hard on most of us. The fact is, it’s good to get married, it’s the right thing to do, but then again, if you are a woman and you think you are getting to a certain age and you want to have kids and you meet a responsible guy who hasn’t yet proposed but wants to do the same thing, it depends on you and him. You can go ahead and do it if you think the guy is right and responsible and he makes you happy. Why not?

On Whether the pregnancy was Planned

It was, and the truth of the matter is, it’s been something I’ve been waiting for since I turned 29. On my 30th birthday, I was in Venice, Italy. I remember the night before my birthday, I called my mum and I was crying. I was so sad, I was seeing someone else then and he was an ideal guy and everything. He took me there for my birthday and he proposed.

He’s somebody I would have loved to have a family with but he wanted me to move to London. My whole life was going to change because of him and it’s not something you should do. You don’t have to change your whole life because of a man, because of your marriage. I’m sure most people do, so in the long run it didn’t work out.

It’s quite funny because someone proposed and I didn’t get to have a baby for the person, and this person who hasn’t proposed, I’m having a baby for him, so it’s a vibe, it’s friendship, it’s understanding, it’s how the person makes you (feel). It’s not about someone putting a rock on your finger and you forget.

On Whether her and her partner are discussing Marriage

Marriage is scary but of course, I’d love my child to have a dad around. We would have to have the ideal family setting. As I said, I can’t marry myself, someone would have to marry me. So yeah, when it happens I’d be glad (but) I don’t want to put pressure on anyone.

Credits

Interviewer: Julie Odia – @babyjuleswow
Styling: @thinkifan
Photography: @focusghphotography
Hair: @hairbyjmsbeau | @jador_queen
Makeup: @lawrebabe_mua | @vendajules
Jewellery: @ellacadie
Outfit: @ericamoorebrand

1. papermoon

November 12, 2017 at 2:10 pm

Congratulations sweety, God bless the baby..

2. Sweetney

November 12, 2017 at 2:14 pm

We have all be waiting for the right man to proposed and get married, but it seems the men are not ready or dont want to do the right thing, and when they are ready, the woman’s body is too old to have a baby, then they start complaining and put the blame on the woman. I think everyone should do what makes them happy, marriage is not a gurantee to happiness, we should do what is right at the right time and the right age. Congrats Yvonne, i wish you all the best life has to offer.

3. Della Russel

November 12, 2017 at 2:19 pm

She want to be true to herself and not the society concept of marriage before baby, cool. Why then did she deny being pregnant when news broke out she was? Well, congratulations to her. We wish her and her bundle of joy blessings

• Biker Chic

November 12, 2017 at 3:17 pm

She denied becos, she does not owe you an explanation or the right to know.

4. Pat

November 12, 2017 at 2:26 pm

…..If you are a woman and you think you are getting to a certain age and you want to have kids and you meet a responsible guy who hasn’t yet proposed but wants to do the same thing, it depends on you and him. You can go ahead and do it if you think the guy is right and responsible and he makes you happy. Why not” What is she trying to defend if that is the case u both will be married already. Gurl, all u need to say is u are grown and can make whatever decision for your self no need for unecessary excuses.

5. Akpeno

November 12, 2017 at 2:36 pm

You have a baby WITH the man in your life not FOR him.
    The baby is every bit yours as it is his…

Congratulations on the baby Yvonne! And Happy birthday!

• Biker Chic

November 12, 2017 at 3:19 pm

I agree with you. You do not have a baby “FOR” a man or anybody except you are a surrogate.

6. bruno

November 12, 2017 at 4:00 pm

a sensible responsible woman with high self esteem and self self worth will never have kids with a man who is not ready to propose or marry her first.
    sweetheart stop trying to twist the narrative to console ur self, u are a baby mama. u chose to be a baby mama.
    let me be the one to tell u now, men rarely marry their baby mamas at the end of the day. so u better start preparing to be a single mother. I’m just saying

• bokun

November 13, 2017 at 6:58 am

???Ive got to agree with you bruno. And people a true independant woman who just wants to have kids without the constrains of bothersome men will go to a Sperm bank.

• Provi

November 13, 2017 at 10:44 am

Bruno I am in love with your comment. Wish I could like it one million times.

7. bruno

November 12, 2017 at 4:05 pm

8. bruno

November 12, 2017 at 4:09 pm

bellanaija stop eating my comment. no responsible woman will agree to have kids for a man who has no plans on marrying her.
    men rarely marry their baby mamas at the end of the day. its the bitter truth.

pls don’t listen to what this woman is preaching. u may end up being a single mother if u follow her advice.

• Hedx

November 12, 2017 at 8:48 pm

Jeez!
      You need to calm your tits down, it’s not your bussiness!

• Loki

November 13, 2017 at 6:14 pm

Why the overwhelming need to piss on her parade? That just tells more about you than about her. If she wants to have a baby on her own let her. If no man marries her, she won’t die. My immediate existence is filled with 40 something year old “responsible” virgin women who are unmarried. Their “unblemished” state has not manufactured husbands or kids for them. This is a morality issue and morality is subjective in this case. If she’s fine being a single mom, how is that any of your business? Go piss elsewhere.

• MIMI

November 15, 2017 at 5:09 pm

true

9. Lilo

November 12, 2017 at 4:21 pm

BN having comments for brunch? Hahah. E wa alright

10. Awiase

November 12, 2017 at 6:02 pm

First of all,congrats.Pregnancy is not a joke,I always tell people.But girl ,you know it already.You can’t pressurize the man cos he is already married.Maybe he may leave her and marry you.Just keep shut and take care of your princess quietly.

• Lum

November 12, 2017 at 7:55 pm

Damn!

• le coco

November 12, 2017 at 8:35 pm

woaaaaah!!! SPILL!!!!

• OJ

November 13, 2017 at 3:48 am

The man is a britico with kids already. Probably he’s even still married sef

11. Diamond

November 12, 2017 at 6:22 pm

I just realized Yvonne Nelson with all her beauty is without brains. Very dumb excuses!

12. Pelumi

November 12, 2017 at 6:42 pm

Who man Epps.

Stupid Bruno with always the dumbest comments. Anuofia

13. OJ

November 12, 2017 at 7:17 pm

Iyanya chop this babe tire, i swear and she’s here rationalizing why she got knocked up by a guy she knew wasn’t ready to marry her…this seems more like an arrangee pregnancy and i know some gullible ladies will copy her, copy copy

Anyway, welcome to the baby mama world, you have been successfully inducted

• Wendy

November 12, 2017 at 7:51 pm

OJ the goat is over here showing it’s ass as usual…. highly unintelligent being. There’s never one single sensible train of thought in your underdeveloped brain. Shame on you and the community that raise an idiot like you.

14. le coco

November 12, 2017 at 8:37 pm

Happy for her.. babies are a gift.. but unless you were trying to trap the man.. i highly doubt you planned this pregnancy…. BTW YOU GLOW!!!!

15. Endowed

November 12, 2017 at 10:47 pm

Congrats Yvonne, may your baby come out healthy and may you enjoy the joys of motherhood

16. OJ

November 13, 2017 at 1:32 am

@Wendy….your blood too dey boil abeg
    When was the last time you got laid???

• Wendy

November 13, 2017 at 2:50 am

Haha! Yesterday. But really? That’s your best retort? Way to prove that you’re a certified simple moron. You make this too easy.

• Sunshiney

November 13, 2017 at 8:16 pm

Perhaps it’s Yvonne’s mother, sister or first cousin, everyone is giving their 2 or 3 cents but why does she have to come across so hostile. Take the comments with a pinch of salt and cool down, everyone has their right to say what they want or perhaps she’s BN Official dictator??? Keep calm, relax and let everyone say what they want to say.

17. bokun

November 13, 2017 at 6:51 am

Lets get one thing straight, No responsible guy will get u pregnant before marriage. Tbh no responsible guy will have sex with a woman who is not his wife without a condom. Yes standards have slipped and people have low expectations of each other. If he does it once its a habit. Ill be worried about were that prick has entered and how many other step siblings my babys got. Yeap getting screened for STDs is a good move. iHowever it s a womans choice to get pregnant by Whatever means/method/designs she desires. Therefore u really dont need to justify getting pregnant b/4 marriage. It is your decision so own it. Congratulation girl for going it alone. You dont need to worry about influencing youths , you cant be held responsible for anyone elses choice in life.

18. Oyin

November 13, 2017 at 7:00 am

It’s amazing how women have settled for nonsense. So because men can father children with multiple women and women want to feel liberated it’s okay for women to mother children out of wedlock. Who are we women fighting? The men we open our bodies to or ourselves? Every child needs both parent in a covenanted marriage not arrangements like this. The West has already shown us as well as our fathers that this unwed birthing of children destroys all parties especially the children and women who eventually bemoan the men the agreed to have babies with “no string attached”. Women are their own worst enemy. Happy birthday lady, I hope you do marry as you are better than single motherhood. THAT is the truth. Lola

• Wendy

November 13, 2017 at 3:45 pm

What is this one saying? How did this become about gender wars? Just shut up and go and feed the men in your life. Sounds like that’s all you’re good for.

I don’t even particularly agree with Yvonne’s decision to have a child because she felt age wasn’t on her side… but every woman is different. They can choose what they want to do with their body… and at what time she wants to do it!
      Only one commenter here made any sense… I hope she considered her child’s emotions. But then again most of you are married to crappy men who are absentee dads who will still leave anyways, so same difference?

• getreal.

November 13, 2017 at 5:21 pm

wendy a HRT patch would make the demons go away.

19. temi

November 13, 2017 at 7:19 am

Wow girl!! Youve just gifted your firstborn the gift of step child. Second best. Humm its a gift that keeps giving. Upon all your first class beauty, you have been demoted sorry upgraded to baby mama club membership. Congratulations. Well in the words of the wise poet Yonce “”if he liked it he shouldda put a ring on it””. Sorry wrong song for your club.

20. Cmbo

November 13, 2017 at 8:35 am

Sigh. Why are humans so judgmental sometimes? Do you think she doesn’t know already that she is a baby mama? You need to rub it in because another human beings fallibility makes you feel better about yourself? We don’t always have to agree with the next person’s choice, you also don’t have to drag them through the dirt for what does not concern you!

21. temi

November 13, 2017 at 9:21 am

“You need to rub it in because another human beings fallibility makes you feel better about yourself” LOL!!!. . Abeg no vex but make i ask you Kwestion, Which part of her actions do you Deem, consider, judge to be Fallible?!! na only you pass that judgement here oh!!! Yvonne is very proud to be upgraded to a baby mama status. Please say what you mean or so sit your patronising ass down. Abeg shift

22. kanayo

November 13, 2017 at 10:59 am

Ok wait up. Ladies and gentlemen whenever you decide to throw caution to the wind by having unprotected sex spare a tiny thought to the child you are inviting into yalls messy situation. I am so tired of people thinking its all bout me me me me. No its not. Its about this child who will always wonder why i cant live always in dads house, why cant dad be at all my special days how come the neigbours kids go on holiday with their mum and dad. If its a girl then she going to get dad issues, boy ? looking for positive male role models in all the wrong places. Yall need to get over your issues with therapy and stop being sooooo disgustingly selfish. Babies are not a trend they are not some sort of fashion statement, its more than just a baby bump. Babies are serious business. Thats the truth every parent should be telling their children the TRUTH.

23. rosette

November 13, 2017 at 12:03 pm

I very well agree with you Kanayo

24. ij

November 13, 2017 at 12:57 pm

Ok well she got pregnant whether we agree with how it happened and with whom. The baby is here, no backsies, i guess at this point whats left is for Yvonne to be the best mum she can be to her little girl.
    Honestly life is a mystery, many of us who grew up in traditional family settings are really messed up and have gone on to have messed up kids in the same traditional family settings but some kids from single parents have been able to thrive. There will be challenges of course but when have you known there not to be challenges with anything.
    There really is not only one template for happiness in this life.

25. Tess

November 13, 2017 at 1:12 pm

No one sets out to build a house without a solid foundation First. Sure are the basic lessons of life 101. The old ways , flaws and all, are still the best ways. Congratulations on your shiny new bump lady.

26. Ade

November 13, 2017 at 3:05 pm

A friend of mine once said” there is no difference with people having sex out of wedlock and someone who got pregnant out of wedlock, so because you didnt get pregnant while having sex out of wedlock doesnt make u different from the one that got pregnant coz at the end of the day, u both fucked out of Wedlock! So the only people allowed to throw critics here are virgins or people who got married a virgin!

• passingby

November 13, 2017 at 5:35 pm

Keep up. its not about the sex, whether from a virgin or harlot, gigolo whatever its about the child. Its the child that matters. Go back and tell your friend. Yeyefowl.

• Sunshiney

November 13, 2017 at 8:25 pm

Having sex out of wedlock is not really the issue here, it’s brining a child into the world who would not have a constant, and consistent father in its life. How is there no difference in getting pregnant out of wedlock and having sex out of wedlock, there’s a huge difference, you’re bringing a life into the world which has physical, emotional, spiritual and economic needs, to me that’s very different.

27. Cmbo

November 13, 2017 at 3:34 pm

was referring to those trying to shame her for choosing to be a baby mama. DIMWIT!!

• temi

November 13, 2017 at 5:14 pm

@Cmbo Loool, I’ve heard that phase “another humans fallibility….” loads of time before. Used in the right context it makes sense. If your intent was to come across as a self righteous sanctimonious twat,then bullseye brightspark xx

• Cmbo

November 14, 2017 at 11:30 am

@TEMI apparently your idiocy knows no bounds. still a dimwit at best!

28. King Bae

November 13, 2017 at 6:26 pm

She’s just giving excuses and trying to rationalize her situation, smh. So typical of today’s generation….

29. Royalty

November 17, 2017 at 12:35 am

Congrats to Yvonne Nelson. Children are a blessing. I just wish the baby was born under ideal circumstances, though That doesn’t make the child any less. Congrats again darling.

30. Asake