Music

Beyoncé delivers amazing 2-hour set at #Coachella | Highlights

BellaNaija.com

You already know no one does it better than Beyoncé. The superstar singer performed at the Coachella festival this morning with an incredible 2-hour set that left fans gasping for air.

During the set, Beyonce brought back her former girl group Destiny’s Child on stage, performed her song with Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, paid homage to the late Fela Anikulapo-Kuti and did so much more.

See photos below:

Beyonce delivers amazing 2-hour set at #Coachella | Highlights Beyonce delivers amazing 2-hour set at #Coachella | Highlights Beyonce delivers amazing 2-hour set at #Coachella | Highlights Beyonce delivers amazing 2-hour set at #Coachella | Highlights Beyonce delivers amazing 2-hour set at #Coachella | Highlights Beyonce delivers amazing 2-hour set at #Coachella | Highlights

Watch some highlights below:

Destiny’s Child Reunion

Beyonce and her band pay homage to Fela Anikulapo Kuti

Beyonce performs her song with Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

Photo Credit: @beyonce

1. nametalkam

April 15, 2018 at 1:44 pm

It was not called #beychella for nothing. She slayed, killed and buried it, then exhumed it, ran over it and buried it again.

• Onyinyechukwu

April 15, 2018 at 2:14 pm

Aye..Aye!!!!..??..

• Naz

April 15, 2018 at 7:54 pm

Yes honey she did

• mz_titilitious

April 16, 2018 at 11:04 am

Yes oh #Virgobaby very energetic!

2. MIA

April 15, 2018 at 2:39 pm

Beyonce is a KING!!! Greatest entertainer alive!!!

3. The Real Oma

April 15, 2018 at 2:59 pm

I was not there but feom snippets of her performance I have seen online and the testimonies of those who were, it’s obviously she did exactly as nametalkam said. And people wonder why her fans love Bey so fiercely. The woman bring her A game all the effing time!

4. Sameerah

April 15, 2018 at 3:16 pm

I know Lilo’s behind will be in here menstruating all over the comments in a New York minute.
    Meanwhile show me an artist today who can perform for 2 hours nonstop with a brass band WHILES SINGING LIVE and NOT GO OFF-KEY FOR EVEN 1 SECOND! Show me! No one else! I think the only person who beats her as a performer is Michael

• Lilo

April 15, 2018 at 3:44 pm

Awwww. I give you wet dreams? I’m flattered.

Performance was lit. Never ever have I ever disputed the fact that she was a badass performance. The bih can entertain thanks to Matthew Knowles for packaging her.

I still think she is overrated cos ain’t nothing she is doing that’s never been done before. Gaga, Madonna, Britney, Janet Jackson do this crotch grinding in bum shorts and leotards all the time. Nothing new oh ye simpletons called beehives. Now go take a long walk off a short bridge now that you have heard from LILO your nemesis. Bye beecheess

• King Flora

April 15, 2018 at 5:53 pm

BRITNEY? Britney the lip synch queen?
      Have you ever heard Madonna sing opera the way Beyonce did at Coachella? Have you heard Janet, Britney or JLO sing a ballad with different vocal ranges like Listen or 1+1? So you honestly think Janet or Britney can sing a song like If I Were A Boy or even Halo? Really?
      Beyonce has a 4 octave range. 4 octaves! That’s more than Whitney, Celine, JHud or Aretha. I’m not the one who said it, the musical experts said so!
      Beyonce is hailed because she’s a master of all trades! She can give you powerhouse ballads a la Celine and co (eg. I Was Here, If I Were A Boy, 1+1) AND she can perform her a– off. Name another artist today who can do both and do them well AT THE SAME TIME. I’ll wait….

• Sameerah

April 15, 2018 at 5:57 pm

Girl stop! Beyonce actually sings live, and that’s what differentiates her from the stunt queens you mentioned. Anyone who has been to concerts knows this. I’ve been to a Janet concert and I’ve been to a Beyonce concert, so I know what I’m talking about. You clearly haven’t.
      And stop liking your own comments, it’s pathetic

• Lilo

April 15, 2018 at 6:26 pm

Pick a struggle samanja abi what’s your name. One minute you mad cos I’m not a beehive. The next minute you are mad cos you think I’m liking my own comment. Oh wait , you don’t think anyone besides me could care less about you idol and role model? Has it occurred to you that a lot of people aren’t beehiving for a living like you? Get a life or stay mad for nothing .

• Sameerah

April 15, 2018 at 9:41 pm

I’m spacing out my response so that even YOU with your single digit IQ can understand.

-Kikikiiing @ beehiving for a living. Says the one who is ALWAYS commenting on Beyonce’s posts on BN. ALWAYS. WITHOUT FAIL. This is the first time I’m ever commenting on a post about Beyonce on BN. So if you have half a brain, I implore you to think critically and answer these questions; between you and I, who needs a job? Between you and I, who stays mad for no reason? Between you and I, who stays obsessed with Beyonce? You that is always foaming at the mouth on BN because of Beyonce.

-I don’t care whether or not you like Beyonce. I cannot emphasize this enough. Hell, with all the money she makes, all the Grammys she’s won and all the records she’s sold, I highly doubt she’s missing any sleep because a faceless non factor on BN stays riding her dick,

-It just baffles me that a so called non fan obsessively stays having B’s name in its mouth. That sounds like a crush to me. In fact, you remind me of that little boy who used to pull my braids back in nursery school because he had a crush on me and couldn’t tell me. Come to think of it, I wonder what happened to him!

-But I digress! Hate all you want but don’t let blind antagonism lead you into propounding laughable falsehoods. Then again, I probably started attending live concerts before you were born so I’ll excuse your ignorance.

-If liking your own comments is what fulfills you, then by all means knock yourself out!

• mie

April 16, 2018 at 12:07 am

In Ref to: Lilo April 15, 2018 at 6:26 pm “Pick a struggle samanja abi what’s your name…”

Hahaha I like how Lilo doesn’t actually address the points raised about the other musicians/entertainers mentioned vs Beyonce, but went off talking about picking a struggle. I think the right expression would be “couldn’t care less” (like you’ve reached the lowest level of care and couldn’t go lower).

All these musicians have their fanbase, who love and hype them. Saying one is “over-rated” is subjective so I won’t argue, but I’m glad you agree Beyonce is a “badass”, although that’s not due to “packaging” but hard work, very many plenty much serious huge (insert more synonyms) hard work in this case. She definitely has earned all the accolades. 😉

5. Olowo

April 15, 2018 at 3:26 pm

This is proof that you should never ever call Tiwa Savage “the African Beyonce.” Its an insult to Bey, to be honest. Tiwa can’t even perform well with a live band, not to talk of performing with a BRASS band for 2 hours straight and hitting the notes perfectly

6. Lol

April 15, 2018 at 3:36 pm

Very hardworking and disciplined. Her place in entertainment history is well earned.

7. Dovadje DicksonDaniel

April 15, 2018 at 5:21 pm

Exactly ut right dear..

8. Naz

April 15, 2018 at 7:51 pm

Lilo there’s no point calling names or saying displeasing things about people who simply love and adore Beyonce for her talent,truth be told,there’s no performer such as Beyonce,like it or not, call her overrated from now till tomorrow,she’s simply the best.sang non stop for two hours and danced on stage like that?come on Lilo.And her choreography is just so hard,I don’t get it why she doesn’t get exhausted on stage.don’t sat people don’t have a life simply because that just posted a comment about their role model because someone can easily say you don’t have a life because you are critising someone for her work that she’s so good at and for the records,the ladies you mentioned are nothing compared to Beyonce, I mean nothing,that’s the real truth,it takes talent to do something that’s been done before,yet take the crowd to fun journey, that’s Beyonce doing one thing over and over and over and over again in very different ways,she’s underrated

• Lilo

April 16, 2018 at 1:41 am

@ Naz I forgive you since did you put blinders on when she went out of her way to invite me to this thread. I mean I was on my couch watching HTGAWM , scratching my butt, sipping Pinot when I heard some rando asking me to square up on a Sunday afternoon. When you swing at someone be ready to get stabbed or shot. You can’t poke someone and then tell them how to respond. Oshi ati iranu. Beyonce has been packaged really well and puts on a lit show. She is, however, not even top 10 G.O.A.T when you look at her from a pure talent and revolutionary standpoint . She evolves well with time but hasn’t really put a lasting mark anywhere in entertainment. Being able to sell out arenas and stadiums is not what defines talent and uniqueness but it defines demand though . Cardi B is hot right now cos there is demand for her goofiness and ratchet brand by her kind. Goofiness and ratchet brand is not talent tho…

• A Real Nigerian

April 16, 2018 at 12:14 pm

Oh Lilo I love you! ???? Please let me be your friend

9. Myfather’sdaughter

April 16, 2018 at 9:00 am

@lolo I wish I could like your comments a million times!
    Lol

10. John

April 16, 2018 at 9:06 am

@lilo not only are you right with comments but I like your spirit too

11. Guest

April 16, 2018 at 9:31 am

Except @Lilo you are not saying who these supposedly top 10 G.O.A.Ts of all time are so we can have a go at it. You are attempting so hard to disprove and discredit Beyonce without really saying anything tangible at all. ”Packaged” lol such a lazy attempt. All musicians ”package” or are ”packaged” a certain way. It’s their brand. Madonna been dressing risque,dangling religion and other controversial topics,rocking stages etc all with minimal vocal talent compared to the Celine’s and Barbra Streisand. But she is the Queen of Pop. So then,pray tell,how are you quantifying talent? There were male singers with better vocal prowess than Michael Jackson in his day and he didnt write all his music either. He thrived on showmanship and he is the King Of Pop, Again,what are you measuring talent against?

12. Guest

April 16, 2018 at 9:39 am

Except @Lilo you are not saying who these supposedly top 10 G.O.A.Ts of all time are so we can have a go at it. You are attempting so hard to disprove and discredit Beyonce without really saying anything tangible at all. ”Packaged” lol such a lazy attempt. All musicians ”package” or are ”packaged” a certain way. It’s their brand. Madonna been dressing risque,dangling religion and other controversial topics,rocking stages etc all with minimal vocal talent compared to the Celine’s and Barbra Streisands. But she is the Queen of Pop. So then,pray tell,how are you quantifying talent? There were male singers with better vocal prowess than Michael Jackson in his day and he didn’t write all his music either. He thrived on showmanship and he is the King Of Pop, Again,what are you measuring talent against?

It’s absolutely okay to not like her and her music. There’s so many who don’t just as there’s many who don’t like your favorite musician. But to try and take away from her her craftsmanship,hard work and talent and in such a a lazy fashion is just meh

13. SoniaPaloma

April 16, 2018 at 9:39 am

Not like our Nigerian artist that will come on stage and be jumping and then proceed to say “yeah yeah, oh ahh oh ahh, DJ DJ track 6, come on come on”

• Ephi

April 16, 2018 at 11:37 am

??

14. maina

April 16, 2018 at 10:25 am

Looool. DJ track 6

15. ISnatchWigs

April 16, 2018 at 10:31 am

LOL Lilo is like a typical hater. Hating for nothing with tired arguments and no receipts. Answer the points raised and stop derailing, Lilo. Don’t be intellectually lazy

16. Brenda

April 17, 2018 at 12:39 am

Hahahhaa @ intellectually lazy.

17. CrazyWorld

April 17, 2018 at 5:31 pm

In Lilo’s opinion, Beyoncé is being overhyped. That is her opinion and that is fine. I don’t get why so many commenters are bleeding because of that.

I understand Beyonce is good at what she does but saying no one can sing blah blah for xx amount of hours is not true. I’m not good with detecting octave or whatever but I know ain’t nothing Beyonce can do with her vocals that Celine can’t do twice!