Music

D’Banj loses Son ?

BellaNaija.com

BN Living: D'Banj's Son Daniel Turns 1 Today!According to reports, singer D’Banj has lost his son.

D’Banj and his wife Didi Lineo welcomed their son, named after D’Banj himself, Daniel Oyebanjo III back in May 2017.

The couple is said to have lost their son in a drowning incident.

D’Banj shared a black photo on his Instagram, writing:

Trying Times ??. But my God is Always and Forever Faithful ?.

Former label mate, Don Jazzy, did the same, writing:

Just heard the worst news in a long time. ??

View this post on Instagram

💔

A post shared by Donjazzy (@donjazzy) on

It really is the absolute worst thing, and we commiserate with the family, and pray that they heal and find comfort in this time of pain.

1. Mirage

June 24, 2018 at 11:17 pm

Cannot even begin to imagine!
    As a mother, my heart is breaking on their behalf.
    Ha! God why na? Such a beautiful little boy.
    You guys, please stay strong. You’re in my prayers. No parent should EVER have to go through this. I’m so sorry.
    His mummy by now…chai!!!

2. jokobaba

June 24, 2018 at 11:20 pm

Nooooooooooo!!!!!

3. Mee

June 24, 2018 at 11:20 pm

Ohhhhhh….. So sad.
    May the Holy Spirit comfort them. Affliction will not arise a second time.

Rest, in peace our little boy.

4. BlueEyed

June 24, 2018 at 11:25 pm

Oh no! This is truly sad. Praying for God to comfort the parents.

5. Baybie

June 24, 2018 at 11:30 pm

GOD!!!!!!!! I saw this and was praying its fake news. HA!!!! This is too heartbreaking

• francisca

June 25, 2018 at 9:34 am

Same here! I’m very sad

6. m

June 24, 2018 at 11:35 pm

omg,this is so sad.

7. Ekoatheist

June 24, 2018 at 11:37 pm

Deepest condolences.

8. Baby gurl

June 24, 2018 at 11:40 pm

Like this is truly the worst news I have heard in a really long time. Moved to tears. This is bad. There are no words than can comfort the parents and the rest of the family but I plead the blood of Jesus on their lives moving forward and pray the Holy Spirit of God to comfort them and grant them true peace and inner joy that comes from above. I almost drowned when I was 11. Passed out in the water. A few seconds more I would have gone. Owe my life to God and the Hilton lifeguard. Pools are scary Beaches are even scarier. Oh Lord!!!

9. ProudNigerian

June 24, 2018 at 11:41 pm

May God console you on every side!

10. Anon

June 24, 2018 at 11:45 pm

No words. 🙁

11. Ms B

June 24, 2018 at 11:47 pm

Heartbroken. ??? God comfort the family with your Holy Spirit

12. nene+

June 24, 2018 at 11:51 pm

Oh my God! ? This child so loved by his dad? So sorry D Bang. Saw a recent diaper changing pictures time during the Father’s Day recently. Even miscarriages are not easily forgotten let alone a 13 month ?old! Difficult for fans and I can only imagine the parents.

13. Marie Antoinette

June 24, 2018 at 11:51 pm

Heart wrenching! It is well!

14. Odinaka

June 24, 2018 at 11:53 pm

Deepest condolences EJA NLA! Take heart boss

15. OA

June 24, 2018 at 11:57 pm

Haaah small baby like that? Well, they always warn how easy it is for small kids to drown. Babies are attracted to swimming pools and once they enter kperen, people don’t usually even know that they have even fallen inside (unless someone sees them fall in). May God console them oh! May they never experience any losses again.

Bibiana Yetty Vlogs posted one where her youngest son almost drowned on one of their trips to Spain or somewhere like that. She was so emotional, because reality was staring her in the face that she could easily have lost her son.

16. Ariere

June 25, 2018 at 12:24 am

This is heart breakIng. I can’t even imagine the guilt the parents will be going through right now… Pls parents, enroll your kids in swimming classes as early as 6 months. Let them learn how to float and swim. Swimming is a survival skill.

RIP to the baby… ??

17. Dee

June 25, 2018 at 3:30 am

My heart sunk when I heard this.
    goodness gracious. God understands.

My deepest condolences Dbanj. was, I am so sorry

18. Mrs chidukane

June 25, 2018 at 7:24 am

The worst thing ever. A parent’s worst nightmare. Its only God that can comfort them. Nothing anyone says can. I pray they find comfort, that this doesn’t break their bond. Really horrible. To take a baby home, watch him grow,love him,and then lose him. The absolute worst. I wish people wouldn’t tell them you will have another one. Even if you have 30 other ones, they will all be unique, none can be exactly like the one you lost. Rest in peace lil angel.

19. Eby

June 25, 2018 at 8:45 am

This is painful oooo. Jesus please comfort and restore.

20. Papermoon

June 25, 2018 at 9:58 am

I don’t know how to say this loud loud enough, SEAL THE POOL WHEN YOU HAVE TODDLERS, SEAL THE POOL!!! I am so pained at this needless loss

21. John

June 25, 2018 at 10:18 am

Carelessness ….why was the baby left unattended ? RIP lil one

22. Vera

June 25, 2018 at 11:35 am

Oya, come and collect your Parent of the Year gold medal. Nonsense.

23. afam

June 25, 2018 at 1:07 pm

Sad. Too sad. Baby – proofing should be a culture now. So sad.

24. Jemimah

June 25, 2018 at 4:37 pm

Maintaining an indoor pool with an active toddler under the same roof? Come on now!!!! I’m not throwing blame but come on, who does that???? Ive been so unsettled since i came across a photo of the said pool. Parents please, forget aesthetics when you’ve got toddlers about, better safe than sorry. It only takes a second for accidents to occur. My heartfelt condolences to the family. This is a heart breaking tragedy.

• Chichi

June 25, 2018 at 7:31 pm

RIP to that angel and may God give his parents strength to continue at this time. Unfortunately you sound exactly like you’re throwing blame, it’s just not necessary at all. They will already be feeling like crap and you’re not telling anyone anything new. Someone commented that you can enrol babies in swimming lessons early at least that constructive. The reality is unless you have the full story you shouldn’t be quick to judge and unless you are or will be the best parent to walk this earth then again let go of the blaming. You will never be more upset about this than the parents are. Once again RIP to him

25. Mahka

June 25, 2018 at 4:52 pm

Wow…this is heavy n sad…
    Jeez, So sorry for your loss Dbanj n family…

26. Billionaire in grace

June 25, 2018 at 5:12 pm

May the lord be your strength ?

27. Albert lee

June 25, 2018 at 10:16 pm

it saddens the heart to hear this absurd occurrence….. I pray God comfort and vindicate your home.

28. GYOnlineNG.COM

June 26, 2018 at 12:32 pm

It’s truly a heartbreaking news to hear, RIP to late Daniel Oyebanjo..