BN TV

Leaving Music, Struggling with Depression & Rising Above it All! Mo’Cheddah Opens up on DANG Monologues

In a new episode of the DANG Monologues, Mo’Cheddah narrates the rise and fall of her music career, her battle with depression and learning the survival mode to always bank on oneself.

She opens up about being in the music industry as a 16-year old and how hostile the industry was.

Watch below.

Part 1

Part 2

1. josdaily

November 27, 2018 at 4:23 pm

Wow. thank you for your bravery and honestly, you’re well well on your way to healing.
    Jealously is a real thing ooo. That green monsters is everywhere. Manifests itself through trolling ….etc
    Keep on doing you. I love this series. A brilliant idea

• Fleur

November 29, 2018 at 5:17 am

This is a real series. I am so glad I found it. I did not know the Nigerian music industry was so vitriolic. But then as I listened to her story, I realized I had whitewashed my views of Nigeria. Nigerians are nasty when they sense you are making progress and you are not one with a brutal tendency. It is the hidden personnel files, the pension that is paid in bits because someone is annoyed that you are receiving pension, the people who snicker when you walk past them, the folks who critique your clothes and makeup……you wear makeup and you are now for sale. You dont wear makeup and your sins have finally caught up with you. Nigeria can be a bitter place to just be. I am glad she came out of her depression and nightmare. Live free. That is how GOd made us.

2. Bisi

November 27, 2018 at 8:47 pm

Love you Mo

3. Miss this chick

November 28, 2018 at 2:55 am

I haven’t watched the video but just yesterday I was telling a friend that my favorite Christmas song is Mo’Cheedah’s version of Have yourself a merry little Christmas and I see this post today! I rocked this chick’s album till it broke.

I may comment again after watching.lol

4. Tinktink

November 28, 2018 at 7:04 am

Wow..amazing story teller. I could watch her for hours. I am one of the guilty ones who pre judged her. Just goes to show you never know what people are going through.

5. Miss B

November 28, 2018 at 9:21 am

Wow, Mo, Big hug…. Love you long time… Would still love to listen to music from you… that’s making the music makes you happy…

6. Miss B

November 28, 2018 at 9:21 am

*if*

7. mz_danielz

November 28, 2018 at 11:03 am

I am sending you therefore as sheep among wolves, be ye therefore as wise as Serpents and harmless as Doves. As we raise our children to be loving and kind, we need to emotionally prepare them for the future and develop in them the required cunningness and emotional strength to succeed.

Also we need to consider and prepare for different emotional stages of children. Ages 16-19 are very volatile ones and most people act out and develop emotional illnesses that linger uptill adulthood and some for life. Part of the reason Mo cheddah could know she had a problem was that she had once been a whole and loving person; people who had never experienced love develop depression and just keep hurting everyone not knowing they have a problem.

The reason for my comment is a statement Mo cheddah made ‘Mummy, you taught me to love, why didn’t you teach me about hate?’

Pastor Poju once said ‘Christians are sometimes emotionally unprepared for the future’ and I believe it applies to people from sheltered upbringings. While we teach our children to be kind, they need to know that the world is a jungle where the strong eat the weak so we train them to be the strong that protect the strong but to be that, they CANNOT be naive. This world was not made for weak people.

That said, I’m glad she rode through the pain to a happy place.

8. Gloria

November 28, 2018 at 1:24 pm

Wow! What an amazing reveal!! I have always loved you Mo; wishing you all the best.