For the second year in a row, UK universities are organizing a career fair themed “Nigerian Talent, UK Educated” in a bid to link their graduates with top employers in the country.
Speaking at last year’s event in Lagos, Laure Beaufils, UK Deputy High Commissioner to Nigeria said, “This will be a great opportunity to showcase the talent and skills of the Nigerian students trained in the UK. The UK is rightly proud of its educational excellence and the universities represented today feature among the very best that we have. I have no doubt that this will be a great opportunity for employers as they actively seek to identify talent to deliver on their business priorities.”
Driven by the interest shown by alumni and employers alike in Lagos, the number of UK universities involved has grown meaning this year’s event is showcasing a broader pool of talent. The universities involved are Birmingham, Cardiff, Cardiff Metropolitan, Central Lancashire, Essex, Glasgow, Glasgow Caledonian, Kent Leeds, Loughborough, Newcastle, Nottingham, Nottingham Trent, Portsmouth, Robert Gordon, Salford, Southampton, Stirling, and Sussex. They feature alumni who have studied from bachelors through to Ph.D.
Speaking in advance of the Abuja edition, one of the organizers Arinze Odiari, International Officer, University of Essex, stated the event demonstrated the commitment of UK universities to their graduates.
Arinze said, “We promised to make this an annual event and here we are making good our promise. What can be more rewarding and mutually beneficial other than graduates and employers coming together under one roof? Employers are looking for graduates with world-class education and experience in global standards, and here we have Nigerian graduates who are looking to apply the education and skills acquired in the development of their great nation Nigeria.”
In keeping with promise, this year’s event will be held in Abuja
Date: Friday, May 3rd, 2019
Time: 9.00 am – 2.00 pm
Venue: Sheraton Hotel, Abuja
Click here to register.
Alumni of the participating institutions should follow the registration link to reserve their free ticket for the event. They should attend the event with copies of their CV and academic credentials. For any questions they may contact their respective representatives:
- University of Birmingham [email protected]
- Cardiff Metropolitan University [email protected]
- Cardiff University [email protected]
- University of Central Lancashire [email protected]
- University of Essex arinz[email protected]
- University of Glasgow [email protected]
- Glasgow Caledonian University [email protected]
- University of Kent [email protected]
- University of Leeds [email protected]
- Loughborough University [email protected]
- University of Newcastle [email protected]
- University of Nottingham [email protected]
- Nottingham Trent University [email protected]
- University of Portsmouth [email protected]
- Robert Gordon University [email protected]
- University of Salford [email protected]
- University of Southampton [email protected]
- University of Stirling [email protected]
- University of Sussex [email protected]
For general enquiries regarding the event please call Abiodun 0818 025 1349 or email [email protected] .
Cross section of participants