THISDAY STYLE

Posted on Tuesday, August 15th, 2006 at 7:26 AM

By BellaNaija.com

ThisDay is a Nigerian Newspaper and over the past year or so their style section has blossomed into the Nigeria’s No. 1 Fashion Magazine. You can find it as a free insert in Sunday’s ThisDay Newspaper. This magazine is FIYAH. Edited by the fabulous, Ruth Osime, it is always brimming with all the latest Nigerian fashion and accessories. Recently, ThisDay held several ‘Style Fashion Weekends’ in Lagos which featured International designers such as Adebayo Jones and international models like Oluchi and Kaone. What is interesting is that ‘ThisDay Style’ is trying to launch itself as an international fashion glossy and had a promotional party in Cannes, France featuring international celebs like Alicia Keys and Chopard President, Caroline Gruosi-Scheufele………Here are pictures of Alicia Keys @ the Cannes Party and the Style Weekend. Apparently, Naomi Campbell will be landing in Nigeria for the next one!

What do u guys think of the Style Weekends? The Clothes? The Cannes Launch Party? Do u think ThisDay Style can compete with Vogue, W and other international fashion mags?

Be Sociable, Share!
  • Custom Search
  • 16 Comments on “THISDAY STYLE”

Comments
    • Dimples August 15, 2006 at 12:23 PM

Haba how many questions???When i can get my mind around work and your essay questions…i’d holla back.
      I swear by THISDAY for my update on Naija politics and lifestlye in general.Very good newspaper!!!!
      Anyhow i will be back later.

• naijagal August 15, 2006 at 1:20 PM

Loving the style, the clothes are really cute! Keep inspiring us!

• Adaure August 15, 2006 at 2:43 PM

Love it!! Love it!! Love it!!!
      Why am I in yankee again? (rolling eyes)

• Remi August 15, 2006 at 3:50 PM

If they try to compete with Vogue etc, I think they will fail. If however they try to find their niche…

There is definitely a gap in Europe for an African Fashion mag.

• Miss TiMi August 15, 2006 at 3:52 PM

I agree with Remi.
      The outfits are hot tho!

• princessafrique August 15, 2006 at 7:41 PM

I LOVE THISDAY STYLE. it is like WHOA! when i went to naija. that was my ‘sunday sunday tonic’. they even featured me once *blush*. keep it up bella

• Anonymous August 15, 2006 at 10:05 PM

i agree with remi as well. if they develop a niche as an african style mag and market the magazine towards that audience then it can work. if they try to take on vogue and co. head on. no chance at all

• Derin August 15, 2006 at 11:56 PM

I’m loving the styles, and the outfits sure are hot!

• Nkinru August 16, 2006 at 12:00 PM

Nice….blog but you are ripping from Generation Nubian like crazy

End the Swagger jacking ……Lol

• Bella Naija August 16, 2006 at 12:24 PM

what exactly is generation nubian? these picture are from http://www.thisdayonline.com , where they are available for the general public…

• Ms. May August 16, 2006 at 9:55 PM

ThisDay Style is fabulous! I’m always hearing reports from home about it especially since it often features people we all seem to know and love like Ms. Low, and her business partner Bisoye…which is no surprise. Everytime my mom sees Lola in it, she calls me…LOL. Now, I’ve just told her to not bother to call….just to keep them for me or send them to me. Great blog BellaNaija. I’ve found it easy to keep up with fashion and entertainment from Europe and here but Naija info has been hard to come by…UNTIL YOU! So thanks.

• Bella Naija August 17, 2006 at 2:51 PM

yes o..its so fab…ur mum is so funny….my mum does the same thing but only if she sees herself in there…lol….thanks for droppin by…i am really feelin ur hair and makeup in ur profile pic…uber fab

• Ayoola August 22, 2006 at 8:33 PM

If This Day Style wants to compete with Vogue et al, they need to not rip off articles and pictures from all those foriegn mags without giving due credit. In fact, they need to not rip off at all. They should keep their content 100% original. I read a lot of foreign fashion mags on a regular basis and so I know they plagiarize big time.

• Anonymous August 26, 2006 at 5:53 PM

Thisday Style has to be the most unoriginal publication ever.

• Charles December 3, 2006 at 7:42 AM

Thisday style is just too much as far as me dey concerned.
      I don see vogue dem and much no dey happen dat side finally. That Ruth lady frm thisday style dey try WELLA!
      Abeg like say all of una wey dey post comment here na big babes (with enough shi-shi) lol.
      Plz i be fine bobo wey dey find woman wey hol’ mega.
      My name is Charles (web name).lol
      Interested sweethearts should plz apply.
      Sponsors wanted lmao!

THISDAY STYLE ROCKS TO THE POWER TWO. WORD.
      my ppl boredom na disease make una no gree make e catch una. lol

4 all u naija ppl wey dey dis everything naija, una need to go see shrink. make una straighten unaselves out. lol
      y’all are suffering frm wat is professionally known as POST COLONIAL SYNDROME. In short i don kill grammar finish. lol
      make i go crash, we go relate b4 e 2 late, so make una no wait… i don fade.

by the way, merry Christmas y’all.

frm
      Charles without Dickens.

• Anonymous July 6, 2008 at 6:52 PM

THISDAY STYLE is quite the opposite actually. Bad quality, bad writing, no originality and a place for Ruth Osime to voice her irrelevant opinions. Maybe if they hired some real fashion journalists and trained media people instead of ex-market traders we would get real quality. No offence intended to Ruth Osime but selling clothes on a market stall does not a fashion editor make.