intoFASHION

Posted on Wednesday, September 24th, 2008 at 6:57 AM

By BellaNaija.com

Hi Everyone,
How is it going?
Thanks to everyone that left their suggestions and feedback on BellaNaija in the last post. Its much appreciated!
At the moment, the Nigerian fashion industry is budding, there are loads of talented designers and lots of potential for development.

In the quest to accelerate this trend, a group of fashion insiders have put together the intoFASHION project. This is much more than a fashion show. Its an opportunity for people interested in developing their fashion-related knowledge and skills. There will be workshops covering a broad range of areas including Styling for the Fashion Industry, Fashion Marketing & Merchandising, Understanding the Business of Fashion etc…

The workshops will take place on the 4th of October 2008 at the Civic Center. Click the flyer above for registration information. Registration closes on the 27th of September 2008.

Bella Naija is the official online media partner for the event so I’ll be updating you with more information in the leadup to the event.

Be Sociable, Share!
  • Custom Search
  • 21 Comments on “intoFASHION”

Comments
    • temi September 24, 2008 at 8:25 AM

yippeee!! first? for real?
      ….now i can go back and read d post…lol!

• adaeze September 24, 2008 at 8:41 AM

so close to 1st……..

hi bella….tanx for d info…

• Anonymous September 24, 2008 at 2:58 PM

and i’m third!

• Emilia September 24, 2008 at 3:03 PM

That´s nice that they are arranging this event.It´s very nice for our designers to come together and try to find a way forward. ´There are so many talented african designers out there. Thanks Bella and hope to see more of this….

• the young nigerian virgin September 24, 2008 at 6:07 PM

hey bella, i clicked on d ad and nothin opened…whats up?

• !!Estella!! September 24, 2008 at 7:39 PM

Am proud of Ituen Basi!
      She is doing so much more than we know in Nigeria right now.

Keep it up Sis, you are the best!

Giving back all the knowledge you have had for over 25 years in the fashion industry to those who may never had gotten any chance to be trained by a veteran like you.

10 thumbs Up!!

• Ladybrille September 24, 2008 at 9:12 PM

Very cool and I am super proud. It seems like something that should have existed for a huge country like Naija. It’s nice to see the collaborative efforts of all as that is definitely the wave of the future, working together.

Again, very excited and happy! Next step, hopefully, is a solid Lagos/Naija Fashion Week.

BTW, please repost the flyer where we can click and have image enlarged so I can have it up on Ladybrille.

Cheers,
      Uduak

• KENNYCOOL September 25, 2008 at 1:20 AM

just for the records am a bellamaniac but dis is my 1st post, a fashion talent hunt blah blah blah… sounds cul, i’ll huk my designer OUTLAW up

• Ladi September 25, 2008 at 5:08 AM

9th is good enuf…imma read now!

• Nigerican September 25, 2008 at 6:04 AM

and we laughed @ my friends apparel marketing degree…glad to see Nigeria appreciating the arts, just hope we won’t over saturate it…like the event planning business.

Thanks for keeping me in the loop :).

• Ini September 25, 2008 at 1:27 PM

Hi Bella,

Can you tell me where Davida (the shirts) lady has her shops on the island?

Thanks and well done!

• Latifa September 26, 2008 at 2:25 PM

Finally…Naij is stepping up!!

Let’s the world we got so much talents and finesse! Thanx Bella for the info!

• Anonymous September 26, 2008 at 4:43 PM

do u get money for being first or somothing

Enlighten me please please please

A lost reader
      xoxo

• Anonymous September 27, 2008 at 1:29 AM

is this a bella project??i am guessing yes!!

• silhouette rouge October 5, 2008 at 4:15 AM

ouch!!! i’m soo late..would love to participate in this event..buh,oh well…

• October 6, 2008 at 10:46 PM

Hi there. Interesting blog. Is it at all possible to contact you via email or otherwise?

• chi9ja October 12, 2008 at 2:46 PM

hey u,
      nice job, 1blogger 2 anotha.
      i was wondering if there was anyword on the 9ja fashion week last month, did it hold?, can’t even find 1 pix. hala back.

• temi October 13, 2008 at 8:42 AM

hey ladies!

a lil something for u all..

temiloluwa

• Naijacampus October 14, 2008 at 5:48 AM

Thank you,I like the intiative,please keep us posted.

• Anonymous December 13, 2008 at 7:29 AM