Rita Dominic Sets the Pace as ‘Nollywood’s Best Dressed’

Posted on Sunday, October 19th, 2008 at 11:46 PM

By BellaNaija.com

When photographer-blogger, Niyi Tabiti announced on his blog that he was on a quest to crown ‘Nollywood’s Best Dressed Female’ not many could have anticipated that this declaration would result in a hotly contested competition. Votes were cast, opinions were sought and finally, actress, Rita Dominic was chosen as the victor.

On the 11th of October 2008, all roads led to Swe Bar where a reception was held to celebrate Rita’s win. Nollywood colleagues including Kate Henshaw Nuttal were present to celebrate with Rita along with numerous showbiz colleagues and fans. The sponsors and supporters of the event included Mr.Tony Prest, CEO of Prestel communication and owner of NIRE Prest, Tara Orekelewa skincare & makeup, Tosyn Bucknor, Jibola Olubiyi of Swe Bar etc…

Check out photos from the event and a big congrats to Niyi Tabiti for pulling off the great fete.

Be Sociable, Share!

Tags: , , , ,

• Custom Search
  • 41 Comments on “Rita Dominic Sets the Pace as ‘Nollywood’s Best Dressed’”

Comments
    • Austynzogs October 20, 2008 at 12:49 AM

Bellanaija,
      Great kudos for this make-up of your site.This is really tight!
      Congratulations to Rita Dominic and also to Niyi ‘gistmaster’ Tabiti.

• Mohamed king October 20, 2008 at 7:05 AM

That were very nice photo of your’s. Can you keep in touch me. I am resident in Australia I will like to do movie business with you.

• temu October 20, 2008 at 8:58 PM

hi there are a thousand talents out there can do movie business with,i happen to be one,i live in Austria in Europe but then will be great if you contact me,on mz email or call 00436769222009

• four 2 one October 21, 2008 at 4:41 AM

Rita deserves to win, she’s got the looks and also looks good in whatever she dorns on..Big up Niyi Tabiti for puting this one together and accolades to Bella Naija for sharing this with us…Cheers

• Ojabokofo October 21, 2008 at 8:36 PM

Congrats to Rita Dominic!!

But, I’d have preffered it if she wore something That screamed “I Deserve this Award”… The Big Animal Print Trench Coat and Stripper shoes, Just don’t do it for me….

• Ko Easy October 21, 2008 at 11:46 PM

I agree with ojabokofo abi wetin…lol, j/k…but yeah, Rita definitely was not looking her best with the animal print and those shoes…

• Ko Easy October 21, 2008 at 11:47 PM

…and who is the lady with the tat?

• habeeb October 23, 2008 at 6:18 PM

she deserves the award. big ups!

• Ola-Ray October 25, 2008 at 12:49 PM

Yeah, i definately agree. This whole ensemble was a mess to be honest including the hair. Well, I suppose when you look at the other contestants she is up against, well……

• Ronami October 25, 2008 at 5:53 PM

the shoes are not bad but the trench is hideous… btw why is she wearing trench in naij???

• Mee October 27, 2008 at 3:49 PM

i don’t really think she deserve it, though she really do put plenty effort, but the total look and image it gives her must me put in consideration anyway i do’t get d look of TRENCH COAT in 9ija, think about it, she could have been at her best after all we have lots of great designer who she could wear as foreign couterpart do representing we African at our best! Think about these….

• Chichi Okeb October 27, 2008 at 4:05 PM

Ok, I like Rita… kinda, but please, what is she wearing?? Especially on “HER” day. Imagine with me if she had on: a pair of blue skinny jeans, and effortless white t-shirt that she can super dress up w a statement necklace (or maybe one of these gold peace necklaces in vogue), the hideous trench (but opened, and no belt), and a pair of pointy toe red patent heels……. She would’ve been oozing cuteness.

I hope she sees this response and tries this ensemble. Anyone can try this ensemble and let me know how it worked out for them. Also, I love fashion, haven’t started my blog yet, but if you need advice I can help you. Thanks!

• Trendy October 28, 2008 at 4:08 AM

for someone winning a best dressed award, she sure was not! does she have a stylist, this trench was not a good choice.

• reader October 31, 2008 at 5:40 AM

i would like to know who won worst dressed – cos it seems she’ll win that category too …abi i’m i missing something

• Petra November 11, 2008 at 3:28 AM

Sorry, for a moment I thought I was the only one that was confused!Perhaps, she looks good on occasions, but there is little evidence of this here. Rita should seek a stylist along with her contemporaries.

• Kenny November 12, 2008 at 1:41 PM

Please oh!!!! Nollywood actresses should avoid this particular pace Rita is setting. It is not to be followed! I repeat…DO NOT HANG IT UP!! If you want to follow anybody’s style at all then it should be Genevieve Nnaji, who always comes looking stunning in whatever she puts on and yet simple, effortless,tastefull and classy. Or Dakore who looks equally great in her own unique style. Best dressed on screen does not apply to “off screen”…as we can all see.

• delta girl November 13, 2008 at 1:20 AM

pls pls nollywood wake up

• delta girl November 13, 2008 at 1:21 AM

wat horrible dressing and yet shes getting an award? pls come to me for some tips lol

• kaffy November 13, 2008 at 2:10 PM

Best Dressed or Best Dreaded, cos that’s what she should have gotte. She’s wearing a mackintosh not a dress. woow, who’s been handing out theses awards. a re-vote is definitely required.

• flip November 15, 2008 at 8:53 PM

u r right ronami, trench is being worn in antum, spring or winter…..

• 9ja 4 life November 22, 2008 at 12:35 AM

NA SO I SEE EM O, I THINK NOLLYWOOD SHOULD PLS WICK UP BECAUSE IT SEEMS THEY ARE ASLEEP….. KEITH SHOULD HAVE IT BCOS SHE LOOKS SO SWEET.

• Zeeyna November 22, 2008 at 1:01 AM

The trench coat is completely unnecessary. Her ensemble looks overdone.like she is tryin too hard.Hair is an eyesore.That is one thing she always seems to get wrong.too messy.make up…………..ugggh. dunno y she was crowned, but she definitely does not deserve it. Good actress tho.

• Femi Ijimakinde November 29, 2008 at 7:55 PM

I just heard of bellanaija after reading her interview on true love magazine.It is such a creative idea and going to go higher places in the world

• Simi December 28, 2008 at 3:18 PM

No doubt, she’s a good actress but best dressed? I don’t think so! Was expecting her to wear knee-length boots to complete the outfit since she has forgotten that she’s in Naija. Guess the award went to her head or else she should have gotten some advice from well-meaning friends or loved ones, abi?

• Miz B December 31, 2008 at 8:48 AM

Rita usually looks good but on this occasion I guess she over-did it. But hey guys, let up!Even Hollywood Sirens have their bad hair days in Lala Land!Remember those awful numbers people wear at the Awards? Go watch E! to be find out. Rita still rocks! Stop hatin’!

• silver December 31, 2008 at 2:58 PM

Rita didn’t like the award so this her hideous outfit was her way of telling them NO THANKS!…i mean she looks good always bt y did she make herself look terrible on her day?..huh?…

• Miss Know it all January 17, 2009 at 8:34 AM

Are you freaking kidding me? Simi hit it rii on the nail…where your boots at? Buhahaha….this has got to be a freaking joke!! Newsflash Ritty…you are in gidi and is freaking 98 degrees…go hang up that tired trench!!

• diana January 26, 2009 at 1:48 AM

u deserve girl,i really admire u. bella ragazza in italian

• chic January 28, 2009 at 11:23 AM

could someone please recommend the right shade of pancake for kate henshaw lol

• [...] BN Nollywood Insider takes you beyond the screen! Many love to watch Nollywood stars as they act in your fave Nollywood blockbusters but what happens when the cameras stop rolling? We’ll take you on a journey and allow you glimpse into the life and times of Nollywood stars. Rita Dominic is one of the most popular Nigerian actresses worldwide but what does Rita get up to when she is not acting in fan favourites like ‘Girls Cot’ or receiving awards like ‘Best Dressed Nollywood Star‘? [...]

• Anon January 31, 2009 at 4:57 PM

Rita Dominic best dressed? she looks like she’s about to slide down a stripper pole in these pics? what’s with the coat and the shoes?

• Bola February 4, 2009 at 2:35 PM

For someone that just won an award for best dressed female, the list u can do is take of the trench coat and show people why u are the best dresser. People don’t hate on the shoe that was hot….. and it is a designer shoe

• Emma henshaw July 15, 2009 at 8:52 AM

Emma, from calabar.I like rita dominic because she is the best woman of all actress in nigeria.

• THE AMAKA July 29, 2009 at 9:36 AM

and for the 10% of the people here saying they liked the way she dressed obviously has no style! hahahaha!
      and how can you wear something like THAT to an acceptance award for best dressed? WOW! that award went to her head.
      and for the one girl that said “stop hating” no one is hating. i dress better than her on a daily basis. just because she may look nice on red carpets or events doesnt mean she looks good 24/7
      the real award should have been to genevieve nnaji.
      rita should have had me dress her that day.

• benjamin December 15, 2009 at 4:45 AM

i like rita and all the movies , she is very energetic

• lucky December 17, 2009 at 1:13 AM

i must confess pretty you are the bomb there is known to be compared to you in the Nolly wood stars

• lucky December 17, 2009 at 1:17 AM

RITA I AM CRAZY ABOUT U ,U ARE GORGEOUS AND I MUST CONFESS EVEN IF U HV NO MAN TO CALL UR OWN NOW IT IS BCS U HV NOT SEEN A MAN WHO WOT U R CLASS AS BEAUTIFULL AS YOU ARE .KEEP UR BEAUTY UP

• lucky December 17, 2009 at 1:24 AM

DEARY THANKS FOR ADMITTING THE FACT THAT SHE IS BEAUTIFUL .THAT ALSO GV ME D IMPRESSION THAT YOU ARE ALSO BEAUTIFUL GIVEN THE FACT ABOUT YOUR COMMENT . MY IS LUCKY CAN I KNOW UR NAME ?OR YOU CAN GV ME A CALL SO I CAN KNOW MORE ABOUT U HERE IS MY NUMBER +919619421728 I WILL B GLAD TO HEAR YOUR CALL .

• lucky December 17, 2009 at 1:25 AM

OR U CAN MAIL ME AT drterry_william@yahoo.com

• Oremi May 14, 2010 at 4:29 PM

@ chic, she has the right ‘pancake’, its the application that was a miss

• mia May 19, 2011 at 1:41 PM

well i think that she woke up on the right side of her bed, considering her dressing. she dress like she lost the track.