The Look: Bronze Gloss by Peridot & Ruby

Happy New Year once again!

Thanks for all the comments and feedback that we have received so far. We are adding many new features this year.

One is a daily feature called ‘The Look’. We choose one ‘look’ we LOVE per day and tell you about why we think its fabulous. Might be a brand new photo from a recent event or a classic outfit from one of our Love it or hate it, we’ll love to hear your feedback. ‘The Look’ is not all about ‘celebrities’ or ‘socialites’, if you feel you have the look email us a photo at bella @ bellanaija . com . We’ll love to hear from you and love you even more if your outfit is by a Nigerian designer!

Lara Rawa in Peridot & Ruby at the Anabel Launch

I love this look because its clean and simple yet very glamorous. The cut and design of the dress is very flattering and the bronze fabrics and the embelishments add the wow factor while Lara’s metallic accessessories, flipped hair, sleek makeup and sly smile polish off the look.

12 Comments on The Look: Bronze Gloss by Peridot & Ruby
  • Sister Confused January 6, 2009 at 1:13 pm

First!

Just to remind you of bella naija blog days…

I like this look. The best part is its a flawless creation for anyone who hasn’t the perfect figure 8. It looks like it covers a multitude of sins…which is what I need post christmas and new year.

• shoobi January 6, 2009 at 3:10 pm

Beautiful dress, as Sister confused said, the cut allows it hide any wobbly bits. Nice one

• Lamide January 6, 2009 at 5:10 pm

I really like it… its simply yet sassy…i really like the brown bronze shade i really like it i would rock it.

• breezy January 6, 2009 at 5:15 pm

Love it! The dress looks good and she carried it off well. Bella…better dont start and stop again! Keep up this feature and bring back AUNTY BELLA!!!!

• tatafo! January 6, 2009 at 10:02 pm

This is a promising feature Bella. I hope you keep it up

• Lulu January 6, 2009 at 10:24 pm

Love the look! Flawless I especially like is she is not sporting some horrendous weave. Ladies, start wearing your own hair. Embrace your beauty and whatever god has blessed you with!! Stop trying to emulate something you are not and that looks absolutely ridiculous! Show some originality, I am so sick of every single black/ african women wearing weaves!

• Lulu January 6, 2009 at 10:25 pm

Love the look, very flaterring. What I really like is she is not wearing some ridiculous weave. ladies, out the weaves away for 09′

• Titi Jane January 7, 2009 at 11:30 am

She looks great in the beautiful dress. And the human hair weave-on is on point. I like the chandelier earrings. Wearing a necklace would have been an overkill. Overall? You go girl!

• sue January 7, 2009 at 10:07 pm

This is so beautiful…She pulled it off nicely. She is a beautiful girl..Thanks Bella we need more. How do we get in touch with her and her designer pls??

• Prisca January 7, 2009 at 10:27 pm

Beautiful dress, very simple, chic, classy, and a beautiful woman. I love when women dress covered up, and yet look gorgeous. The color is amazing. Who is the designer?

• silver January 8, 2009 at 2:35 pm

my dear dats not her natural hair, like titi jane said its a human hair weave…i don’t think an african woman wearing a weave isn’t original…am so sick of folks like u goin on and on about wat is original and african and wat isn’t…

• chioma January 9, 2009 at 3:40 am

dress looks good on lara.