Meet Miss Eva Alordiah

The beauty of music is that it is highly universal and at the same time, very diverse. Universal in the sense that everyone can relate to it and diverse in the sense that there are so many different genres and while Mr B is hot for a particular genre, Mrs B hates it completely. That being said, whether you are a rock head, a jazz fellow, a lover of  the more traditional afro beat or a garage fan, you’ve got to give Miss Eva Alordiah her due. She is good at what she does.

Eva is a young Nigerian female emcee who hails from Delta State but grew up in Lagos. She started rapping at the age of 13 and decided to go professional at the age of 16.She recorded her first song at 20. When asked why she picked rap music above all the other genres, she said:

“Music is a way of expression for me. If I could do it any better by singing then I would but rapping comes naturally and it’s easier for me to relate to people through rap music”

She writes all her lyrics, is very eloquent and delivers her bars beautifully. I am sure she is one to watch out for and the thought of all the competition our music industry is gonna be experiencing gets me really excited.

As far as good female emcees in Nigeria are concerned, they are not many. A complete list would probably make the World’s Thinnest Book. Weird MC, Blaise, Kel, Zara, Sasha, Kemistry to name a few (if not all). I’m quite sure Eva is gonna be adding a leaf to this book.

Here is an excerpt from her song Relentless whose link i shall provide along with links to some of her other songs.

“Life is a puzzle and i dunno how to fix her
can’t forget the past i’mma need me an eraser
I’m tryna  be the best
I don’t care about the rest
They steady on a race just tryna be the first
I gotta get me higher than Branson’s virgins
and I ain’t never stopping till i can see bengies…..”

Click Play to Listen to 3 Tracks by Eva Alordiah

Relentless

Click to Download

I Stay

Click to Download

Tonight (Da Grin Tribute):

Click to Download

My favourite is “I Stay” but then my taste in music is probably far different from yours. Download and Enjoy!

28 Comments on Meet Miss Eva Alordiah
  • burramint July 14, 2010 at 6:39 am

ooohhh i’m super excited for her! she is goood!!! i think relentless is my fav

• Mandy July 14, 2010 at 8:51 am

Yep, she’s got the X factor. All the best!

• teni July 14, 2010 at 9:04 am

she is she truth….whatt? i love stay…expression….spoken word…art..personally i dont rate naija MCs (cos they are all wack in my opinion). this is talent right here…seriously sasha P needs to fall back…out of the lot zara is the only one that makses sense. sashas lyrics are lame…and with people like eva omo she stands no chance o. she is living in past glory

• yaya July 14, 2010 at 9:32 am

if swag was sex,eva got it raw with no cds.d lady is d ish.her diction is great cuz she aint putn too much phonee like all d rest.

• adenike July 14, 2010 at 11:34 am

She looks sassy and funky. Now where the hell is Sasha? She’s starting to fade honestly. Kel came out all of a sudden and opened our eyes to a sexier kind of rap. Bouqui is also doing a good job. Now we have Eva whom i think is here to stay… Sasha needs to get her acts together and quit repeating the same dress to events… now that was cheeky!

• Aderonke Tee July 14, 2010 at 12:00 pm

Err…. why are we errr.. comparing with Sasha?

Sasha is a pretty good rapper I tell ya!

She is the First Lady!

Eva’s good too! and ‘Stay’ is growing on me!

But people, why are y’all comparing?

• tonia nd laide July 14, 2010 at 3:04 pm

Sasha nd Eva re two different pple nd their kind of music re diferent.they re both gud.Eva keep d gud wrk going

• teni July 14, 2010 at 4:20 pm

please people should stop settling for garbage rap. sasha is WACK!!! so because she is the first lady does that mean we shouldnt say the truth. by the way who died and crowned her first lady anyway? look, reality bites…sasha aint that great. we need to stop settling for nonsense period! stop saying their music are different…they are both female MCs in the game and so would be compared. people need to step their game up. sasha just aint that great lets face it.

Eva rocks!!!!!!

• adenike July 14, 2010 at 5:51 pm

Teni,thanks a lot.. dunno what’s great about Sasha;you need to go listen to Champion (rmx) and you’ll readily admit that she’s the w in wack! She’s obviously on the track cos it’s a storm thing,nothing more nothing less! Aderonke Tee, First Lady for where? She knows she ain’t good though.. Just like Teni said,they are both female MCs and so would be compared!

• flovant July 17, 2010 at 7:28 pm

I luv n appreciate rap music n my girl(Eva) keeps representing. I mean her lyrics are off the chain, stay is crazy! I dnt know wat y’all think but I think Ev’s got an ‘A’. Keep reppin girl!!

• New New July 18, 2010 at 10:38 am

CATDAMNNNN!!! …WHO IS DIS ?…Major label needs to pick her up quick quick!!!

HOTNESSS!!

• rotimi July 21, 2010 at 2:47 pm

Finally this girl is getting the recognition she deserves..there are only a few female rappers in Nigeria and sasha is not on the list..happy she has a good thing going on with storm either way..blaise used to sound much better back in the day but she has lost it..loved eva on owo ati swagger remix

• poise September 24, 2010 at 12:57 am

She place me on ma toes…real n raw talent!!!

• Chris Anderson January 18, 2011 at 12:21 pm

Eva z Naija’s best female rapper……. Hands Down!!
    DAmn!!.. thiz gal can rap…………

• tsquare July 15, 2011 at 9:42 am

eva i don only like u….i luv both u nd ur rap especially i don did it

• casmir peculiar July 15, 2011 at 5:09 pm

hello eva luv ur swags 4rm d 1st day i listen to ‘i don did it’ its nice to have someone lyk u here in Nigeria keep it up nd determine to be always at the top.Hoppin to do a collabration with u luv you…………..

• Dayo September 9, 2011 at 11:37 am

Eva! U done did it. I’m head over heels in love with u and ur music. Keep it up girl

• Kehinde September 9, 2011 at 12:18 pm

Eva, Blaise and Muna are the shii. Enuff said. Oh, and Sasha sucks.

• Slimmy giggy September 23, 2011 at 6:22 pm

Oboy the first time wey i hear eva i think say na lil kim. – the rest man

• femi falohun February 23, 2012 at 12:33 pm

hey girl u re cute magnfsent,lov to jam with ya

• Gafata March 9, 2012 at 10:53 am

This babe os busting my head…

• DavidLamár March 30, 2012 at 2:03 pm

Gosh! I luv dis chic deep dwn y’all. Shez d bomest, youngest, sexiest, dupest…i cnt c d future bt am sure shez d crystal ball. Go garl!!!

• hyness October 27, 2012 at 4:02 pm

eva is gud…..but i tink muna is better………….n dats final

• Tomisin makinde January 15, 2013 at 2:23 am

Shez jex Beyond xplanation…she klz t

• Tosin September 2, 2013 at 5:49 pm

Love Eva. She’s gooood.

• roe September 19, 2013 at 7:29 am

ha lawv you eva!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! whu dar hel’z sasha wen eva’z dre? realy ima tel da truth, evaz 1st class boo! jez check awt err new sinqlez aqain,”lights out” .kisses boo

• ma_nu_ella ella ehh ehh October 15, 2013 at 10:09 am

evah.. Yhu dha bestest.. Man! I can’t believe i dropped rap ,yhu making me wann roll back.

• Lad Landelani Ngubane November 7, 2013 at 11:19 am

I’m from South Africa, but Eva makes Me be a proud African (South is just a direction) with that song “Get High” Please never stop.