Samklef With Clarence Peters

Samklef is the next big thing production-wise. Or should I say, he’s the go-to-guy right now. He produced D’Prince‘s Jonzing World, Wizkid‘s Don’t Dull (and majority of the songs on the album). So it is no surprise that he was able to pull together such a star studded line up for his song, Molowo Noni. He collaborates with Ice Prince, Wizkid and D’Prince. Clarence Peters directed the video (Can I get a standing ‘ovay’ for that man?)

Photo Credit: TCD Photography

19 Comments on Samklef Pulls Together New Generation Stars in ‘Molowo Noni’ – Ice Prince, Wizkid and D’Prince Pitch In
  • Tama June 24, 2011 at 7:32 am

nice one….
    Clarence Peters is good.. as in very good

• Gbagaun! June 24, 2011 at 8:06 am

I really like the song, same old club banger but i think i’m hooked. Noni

• Toju June 24, 2011 at 8:43 am

I just hope you pay your tithe at the end of the month.

• Ame June 24, 2011 at 1:02 pm

- TITHE……..NONSENSE……..Pay tithe wen pastors start paying TAXES

• THE AMAKA June 24, 2011 at 8:58 am

they’ve been watching too many American hip hop videos, even right down to the clothing. i will be waiting for the day when Nigerian entertainment will start their own trendy and unique fashion trend. that would be awesome. it seems everything that runs through our hip hop comes from the American hip hop artists. some might say its just clothes, but its not really just that, its a whole person that goes along with it.
    thats why i love when Naeto C wears those Hausa hats. although its already part of the native wear, he makes it look so trendy.
    the video was just there, in my opinion.

• HRS OLUBUSOLA June 24, 2011 at 9:37 am

Wow!!!!!!!!!!! Samclef, Iceprince, Wizkid & D’Prince, powerful combo! With Clarence Peters working on the video!!! Can’t wait to watch!!!!!!!!!!!

• eefeee June 24, 2011 at 10:02 am

first to comment!!!!! i think..
    wizkid is soooo cute!

• upshot of the After3 June 24, 2011 at 11:06 am

Nice video by clarence Peters,Samklef i feel the beat.Wizzy is the bomb,Omoba keep it up and to ice prince u r always on point…Word!

• SHE June 24, 2011 at 12:25 pm

like the song, love the video, n y dont i ever see my comments published?

• Push For Nigerian Branding! June 24, 2011 at 3:30 pm

umm, ok it’s great that we have Nigerian artists making music. however, it is VERY VERY UNFORTUNATE that they use dollars and not Naira. They are saying America is better than Nigeria. This mentality has to change because at the end of the day, it’s Nigeria who made them, NOT America.

• DZY June 27, 2011 at 4:32 pm

I completely agree with you they should have used naira. I think we should continue to push the Nigerian brand the uniqueness will open more opportunities internationally. I like the shirt Whizkid was wearing is ibo traditional isi agu attire that has been restyled beautifully. They are making good music so people will love to copy their style…… and pls no base ball hats with the NY sign on it

• krys June 24, 2011 at 4:35 pm

Why did they use dollars? is anything wrong with naira? :S Ice prince is forming rockstar please drop that guitar and go and work on becoming lyrically better

• Ruth Ajala June 24, 2011 at 5:17 pm

In one of the comments, Clarence is not just gd, he is an “ALIEN” meaning he is out of this world, nobody can touch him. Anybody else is coming behind him.

• Maryam Mohammed June 24, 2011 at 8:27 pm

great colabo!
    Visit Face2FaceAfrica.com Together we can restore the image of Africa
    Twitter @Face2FaceAfrica
    Blog http://www.face2faceafrica.com

• Lola X June 25, 2011 at 12:19 am

Fantastic!

Lola x, London

• Toju June 25, 2011 at 2:11 pm

@ Ame – The tax system in Nigeria isn’t solid so there isn’t any deduction of income tax (excluding civil servants and blue chip corporations). Also religious houses enjoy tax exemptions both in the UK and the US. So I don’t see the need for Pastors to pay tax even in Nigeria, in light of this an exemption is not a right but a privilege and should not be abused. I don’t know of any Pastor or church that abuses this privilege unless you want to argue about funds received from Bank CEOs etc. I still don’t think this falls into money laundering so it doesn’t count. As a disclaimer, I am not a lawyer or an accountant just my opinion.

@ Push For Nigerian Branding! – I don’t believe they are trying to portray the message that America is better than Nigeria. Let’s not forget that
    1) Nigeria is a “developing country/emerging market”
    2) The dollar is stronger than the naira
    3) Nigeria is rated a lower middle class country
    It doesn’t mean we aren’t a great nation, I just think we should call a spade – a SPADE
    If I’m going to say I’m paid and I decide to shoot a music video to highlight that fact, I wouldn’t carry naira notes because it doesn’t make any sense since I can get more naira for my one dollar so the more dollars I have the better off I am.
    I don’t see Nigeria trading it’s oil barrels for more naira (ignore the fact that annulized capital cost is in dollars and oil trading is a global market)
    Supposing the bundle of cash he held on his right hand in $100 bills and according to Nigerian banking standards, maximum amount for a bundle of N100 notes is N50,000 that is the equivalent of (based on the exchange rate of N157 – $1) is $318.47
    I have even included my reference (http://coinmill.com/NGN_USD.html#NGN=50000) @ 13.45pm 25/06/11
    I don’t know where they shoot the video but lets say the US.
    Based on the maximum amount of dollars you can have on your person before you declare it at US customs, you take $10,000 bundles of $5000/$5000 each.
    Do acknowledge that I don’t know the ways of the rubberband man so I don’t know gangster banking so I don’t know if the rubber should contain bundles of $5000 or more since we aren’t also putting into consideration the Laws of elasticity and Young Modulus of the rubber band.
    I digress
    Based on this fact I would not carry N1,570,000 (naira equivalent of $10,000) as evidence of my Molowo status on my music video because :
    1)camera crew would probably pinch it , I don’t also trust Wiz Kid and co and those girls might think it’s actual spree money.
    2) I don’t think customs would be happy if I’m carrying a bag of naira notes at the airport

4) the naira equivalent of N10,000 ($10,000) is $63.69 – I don’t think they would be singing the lyrics “Molowo noni”
    Limitations to my explanation – I have not considered the N1000 note however the same principle applies
    To be honest I’m even disappointed with them. If it were my video I would be playing around with BRITISH POUNDS!
    Disclaimer – Pls take my comment as light humour.

• Toju June 25, 2011 at 2:15 pm

corrections to my little essay

I mean “annualized” and number 4) should be 3)

Merci

• BeautyFULL June 26, 2011 at 1:36 pm

Toju,I’m totally in love with you.please,are you male or female?Absolutely love your rye sense of humour!

• Cutie Toxie June 27, 2011 at 10:54 pm

D Prince knows how to chat – sha!!!!

Dude does my head in with his whack punchlines and rhymes

And no I’m not a hater and no I’m not a musician but I know good music and I appreciate good music and poetry… qualifies me to recognize – lines when I hear it.

Other than D’Prince’s feature… good track!!!