BN Download Premiere: Mavin Records Presents – Solar Plexus

Just a few days after the new Nigerian music heavyweight conglomerate, Mavin Records officially launched {click here}; they are here with a similarly heavy-weighted All Star Album, “Solar Plexus” to boot.

I doubt I need to say too much when Wande Coal, D’Prince, Don Jazzy, Tiwa Savage & Dr. Sid are on one album with all production credits going to Don Jazzy; so get to clicking “Download”. Enjoy!

1. Intro

11. Wande Coal – Pretty Girls

12. D’Prince – Amarachi

13. Outro

For more on Mavin Records, click here

69 Comments on BN Download Premiere: Mavin Records Presents – Solar Plexus
  • St. ED! May 8, 2012 at 10:45 am

Poor Lyrical content, overall comment good beat, trashy songs……!

• dref May 8, 2012 at 2:36 pm

are u beta dan dem ? d banj singz shit are times u knw.

• tolu May 8, 2012 at 9:30 pm

pls calm down joor.. he/she is entitled to a comment.. good or bad

• Moni May 9, 2012 at 12:48 am

Is not about dbanj. It’s about d new crew. Am sure u haven’t listend to d songs. Then u will know its crap.

• That Boy Wander June 4, 2012 at 5:17 pm

Nigga If You Don’t Have Any Thing Sensible To Say Then Shut The Hell Up

• layo May 8, 2012 at 10:51 am

Hot Hot Hot………Go Mavin Go!!!!!…so feeling this with tiwa in it.

• layo May 8, 2012 at 10:52 am

Don Jazzy…God will bless ur hustle and hardwork

• damojo May 8, 2012 at 10:55 am

No comment!

• Manuel May 8, 2012 at 10:58 am

Press Play. Dr Sid welldune chocolate, Wande unlimited talent, Dprince grace of God is in this guy no doubt the favour of God is on him, Tiwa savage Million dollar babe. Donjazzy God bass player. love this press play intro to outro

• licia May 8, 2012 at 11:00 am

Its DON JAZZY Again!!!

• babajide May 8, 2012 at 11:00 am

loving it all, more grease to ya elbow jazzy and mavin crew, cant wait to hear more from this mavin league

• smiles May 8, 2012 at 11:02 am

OMG!!!! now dts wt i’m talkn bout! *shame to bad people*

• LPS May 8, 2012 at 11:05 am

Love the fact that Tiwa is in it! Wish all of them well!

• Seun May 8, 2012 at 11:14 am

the intro self is mad cool, abi that be tiwas voice, chai sounds like some super hero team being activated. for a free album, i see quality. luvin all dr sids rt now, tiwa is definitely a first lady. dprince and wande did good as well. but we go see, goodluck to you all -donbaba always on the beatooo

• Ade May 8, 2012 at 11:15 am

take banana

• ij May 8, 2012 at 11:22 am

i’m a Mavin – now dats a tune!!! love it

• Movie Junkie May 8, 2012 at 11:22 am

Dr Sid’s track YOLO is just retarded! Tiwa’s track and D’ Prince’s AMARACHI are not bad. The rest are border line boring. And i was really looking forward to Wande’s tracks oh! Having said that, love the intro. Keep going MAVIN’s, the best is yet to come.

In my personal opinion, i think Sid should be dropped, waste of space!

• Karen May 8, 2012 at 2:03 pm

Movie Junkie, in my honest opinion u should stick to movies cos u sound really dim bout music. Like seriously how can u say Dr Sid shld be dropped in fact u are a wasting the comment space on bellanaija . You r not even near critic. Watch ur words, internet is not for all…..

• Movie Junkie May 8, 2012 at 5:37 pm

lool! Karen how is it doing you now?! Please easy ehn, life is short! hehehe

• essy May 8, 2012 at 11:37 am

Love it!! God bless u guys n prosper ur ways

• Martha May 8, 2012 at 11:50 am

was just thinkig….if it was dbanj dat sang dat Tiwa song!!! #eyesrolling#

• Cheese May 8, 2012 at 12:02 pm

hmmm, my expectations on this were not met.

• chigal May 8, 2012 at 12:09 pm

its Don Jazzy again!abeg take banana

• V'cute May 8, 2012 at 12:11 pm

The God of music is with Don jazzy. Up ‘mavin’

• tobe May 8, 2012 at 12:19 pm

WANDE’S FOREVER IS BANGING IN MY HEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Partyrider May 8, 2012 at 2:01 pm

I was about to type the exact same thing. :)

• Naija Whistle Music May 8, 2012 at 12:28 pm

I’m impressed. quality of production consistent with Don Jazzy

• lo May 8, 2012 at 12:37 pm

boooooorrrrinnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!! common mennn donjazzy didnt try ataalllll for this beat.. we need hype..n this music makes me sleepy… REGROUP and PERFORM MAGICCCCC!!!

• damojo May 8, 2012 at 12:46 pm

Now it’s obvious something is missing in this group, i hope it doesnt become irreplaceable.
    Firstly, Tiwa Savage’s intro of ‘IDJA’ is gonna take a long time to stick.
    Secondly, i think D’Prince should try something else…..maybe diesel bizness or open a tattoo shop in Gusau
    Wande Coal is still on point and I hope Dr SID carves a niche for himself one day.
    All said; please note that i’m neither TEAM DON JAZZY nor TEAM DBANJ. I’m just a lover of good music (pun not intended) and really dont care who wins or lose….BLESS!

• Ri-ri May 8, 2012 at 12:54 pm

Don Jazzy, I know this is a difficult period for you right now and I know that the pressure to deliver is mounting but please while making and delivering those great beats, ask your artistes to work on the quality of their lyrics and vocal dexterity in general!!! thank you

• christy May 8, 2012 at 1:05 pm

Hahahahahahahah,over expectation dey kill oooo

• Bangor chic May 8, 2012 at 1:11 pm

Not impressed with the auto tuning on Tiwa’s track for crying out loud she ‘s got a beautiful voice..let her SING for crying out loud..’amarachi’ the only track that is a bit likeable..the rest…not impressed at all,lyrical content zero,beats could have been put to better use..not impressed

• fly moi May 8, 2012 at 1:19 pm

me likey! Bigups man..

• tolu May 8, 2012 at 1:48 pm

boriiiiiinnng

• zuu May 8, 2012 at 1:57 pm

is it just me or do the songs sound rushed like much planning and thot did not go into it?…the beats no be am…as for “why u over there looking at me”…..smh!!

• artist May 8, 2012 at 1:59 pm

This album is WACK!. WTH Don Jazzy who was really the brain child of mohits!!! Because on these 10 tracks that you produced, I am not liking anyone o. Abeg go back into the studio and work on them again to avoid stories that touch o

• Kenny May 8, 2012 at 2:02 pm

NEXT! I am not feeling these tracks, can hardly hear what they are even saying. It seems rushed to me. Don Jazzy you dont have to come out with an album asap. Take your time and work on it, because if this is what you are made of then I might have to believe that Dbanj was the key to mohits

• Dahlia Voka May 8, 2012 at 2:04 pm

My expectation were not met,i was hoping for something super.it is fine i am sure next time u will do better than these ones

• Gidi May 8, 2012 at 3:24 pm

If it was super it would not be a free album. Besides it seems this was done within a space of 48hrs just to create some buzz.

• Partyrider May 8, 2012 at 2:06 pm

D’prince really impressed me in ‘amarachi’ very nice jam

• choclate May 8, 2012 at 2:09 pm

Tiwa savage’s song shouldn’t have been auto-tuned :(

• dayo May 8, 2012 at 2:58 pm

What is thiss?………….beats are ok……….lyrics terrible…………Any hit song?…. none!!!!

• SOLID C May 8, 2012 at 3:14 pm

Love all the tracks! Keep it up TEAM-MAVIN!

• Gidi May 8, 2012 at 3:23 pm

I assume these tracks were cooked within a space of like 3 or 4 days.
    The quality of DJ’s beats have never been in doubt. However the lyrical content of these guys are very poor. Wande needs to wake up very fast. The fans can’t be waiting forever for him to deliver on his massive potential. We saw a glimpse of it on M2M but consistency is needed. All these mediocre lyrics are just not doing him any good.
    Tiwa can only get better on this Mavin label. DJ’s beats will give her massive street cred.
    We would never be discussing D’Prince if he was not DJ’s brother. Some nepotism are so glaring that even the blind can see it.
    All the same,wishing team Mavin brighter days. Can do a whole lot better and we will be expecting a whole lot better.

• Fatimah May 9, 2012 at 9:09 am

re-D’Prince: Ha! I used to feel that way too but on this album, this D’Prince was mad! Listen to Amarachi, kai! even moi with my feminist hangup couldn’t help but scream “Back up, all I wanna is your yansh!” in Why you over there. The guy was a revelation!

• biola May 8, 2012 at 4:17 pm

yolo, oma ga and amarachi for now

• konnie May 8, 2012 at 5:04 pm

I like the Amarachi and chocolate best.

• dee May 8, 2012 at 5:13 pm

stopped listening at track 8…dis is all messed up. still in ur camp though. i’m expecting better vibes or i decamp.

• Mya May 8, 2012 at 5:32 pm

Who is the PR for Maven records ? because I am shocked that they thought that rushing a an album or releasing a snippet was a good idea. No need for it. We werent expecting him to magically produce an album so why the need. At this pressing time when people are waiting to see what Don Jazzy is all about.. he comes out with this rushed crap FREE album!!! Pls learn from your mistake

• Joy May 8, 2012 at 5:46 pm

i don’t like tiwas beat/instrumental, sounds too dbanj, i like her old beats

• bimbo May 8, 2012 at 5:48 pm

I love Amarachi!!!! i love how most of the songs are dance tunes and go with azonto lmao

• bimbo May 8, 2012 at 5:53 pm

see me ri is banging!!!! atlanta dance eishhhh

• bimbo May 8, 2012 at 5:55 pm

don jazzy’s beats are off the chainn!!!

• bimbo May 8, 2012 at 5:58 pm

i love oma ga !

• Bolaji May 8, 2012 at 6:11 pm

It’s don jazzy again. Pls jazzy produce more songs like amarachi for d.prince. I think he just found his tune on that song. Wande coal is always on point and he has been consistent, I love all his songs on this album keep up the good work . No comments about dr Sid but am sure he can do better. Don jazzy is just the man,thank you for producing wonderful songs. May God bless your hustle.

• nok10 May 8, 2012 at 6:17 pm

Most of the songs – great potential cos of the beats but crap lyrics and the rest like – I’m a Mavin (Wande Coal killed that song, that boy’s got mad talent), CPR – Dr Sid, Amarachi – Dprinze (nice igbotic touch), Wande coal’s – Pretty girl and Forever (I reiterate, that boy has mad talent, he’s a keeper o Don jazzy). I think they should have released only the Mavin all star – I’m a Mavin. The other songs should have been released has part of an album – make people yearn for more. Then again maybe Don jazzy wants people’s opinion so he can plan ahead for the future. Perhaps this is an equivalent of a listening party since the music is free; hence the intention may be to get people’s opinion. Wande coal is the best talent in the group though….

• Fatimah May 8, 2012 at 7:22 pm

This album is the ish!

If you are not feeling this album, you are in either of these categories; you are in denial/stuck in the past (you can’t seem to let go of that Mohit dream) or heightened over-expectation coupled with feverish-like anticipation led to this feeling kinda like premature ejaculation and we know how that sucks.

How dare you not feel Forever by WC (Ololufe fa ya bomi…)? I went wild on that tune. What about CPR by Dr. SID, Amarachi, Why you over there by D’Prince, I’m a Mavin by All?
    The low point for me was Tiwa’s oma ga and that’s because I’m guilty of the problems I listed above plus I keep comparing it to Kele Kele and Love me. The rest are already growing on me.

Dear Friends, relax yourself and listen to those songs (preferably with and earpiece/headset). 90% of the songs are certified club bangers.

• Cynthia May 8, 2012 at 8:17 pm

WTF!!!

• b May 8, 2012 at 9:11 pm

dprince murked it tho..

• faith May 8, 2012 at 11:11 pm

Am with U̶̲̥̅̊ cheese…abeg D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ shuld cool down n drop something hwat…evry were bOooorrrrriiiinnnggggg!!!

• jennietobbie May 8, 2012 at 11:43 pm

`Take Banana
    Forever
    Amarachi <3

• OmoMakun May 9, 2012 at 7:28 pm

I love Oma Ga, Amarachi & Chocolate….Got them on replay!

• youngzee May 10, 2012 at 3:15 am

This whole joint is cool i guest is jst a name change i still see them as mohit star
    but is painfull hw dbanj came the owner of mohit anyway is pass i love them all they should keep the entertainment groovin…pay me my money…ciao

• novex May 11, 2012 at 9:21 am

“…… they must be stupid” …….. lol conning that phrase …….dj is gorg …… wanna marry him musically!

• abimbola May 13, 2012 at 8:18 am

i love u guys and your songs are making sense.

• daeni May 15, 2012 at 9:16 am