BNM Red Alert: Adaku

Posted on Wednesday, June 13th, 2012 at 1:06 PM

By Onos O

Adaku is a US-Based Nigerian Singer/Songwriter from Rivers State who has had to hide her talent and passion for singing in order to fully complete her degree education in Electrical Engineering, an education which has finally culminated in a Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering.

Throughout her education however, Adaku continued to immerse herself in music whenever and wherever she could – her YouTube covers of popular songs such as Bruno Mars“Grenade”, Adele‘s “Someone Like You” and Nneka‘s “Heartbeat”, garnering over 100,000 views on the popular video platform. This got her notice from Youtube HQ and Adaku was inherently handpicked by YouTube as one of the five female artists that knocked their socks off in their Fresh Faces series for the month of June.

Gifted with an amazing voice, the Singer/Songwriter who also plays the guitar and piano is set to storm the world with her uniquely sublime talents.

Adaku describes her debut single “Or You Can”, as a song about being there for a friend, a lover or a loved one who needs a shoulder to lean on and most importantly a “big ass fro” to lay on.

Superbly written and produced by Adaku, it is a beautiful acoustic song with great lyrics and soothing guitar play that leaves the listener captivated and enthralled. Enjoy!

Play Adaku – Or You Can

Download

Be Sociable, Share!

Tags: , , ,

• Custom Search
  • 27 Comments on “BNM Red Alert: Adaku”

Comments
    • tinu June 13, 2012 at 1:18 PM

Bella naija, so we ve to beg nd beg before we can get wedding feature.na wa for u o

• purplepearl June 13, 2012 at 6:43 PM

LMAO

• Ib June 13, 2012 at 10:15 PM

Im telling u.They r not even shaking body.

• Straight4ward June 13, 2012 at 11:00 PM

@Tinu, not very long now we”ll all have the privilege to view “Uche”‘s own wedding pictures…..very soon! I for one am looking forward to it.

• T June 13, 2012 at 1:41 PM

really nice…i like :). Somehow, it reminds me of Bez’s kind of music.

• Ndidi June 13, 2012 at 2:20 PM

Nice!!! She sounds like a hippier Corinne Bailey Rae.

• Tosan June 13, 2012 at 2:21 PM

You go girl!!!

• NakedSha June 13, 2012 at 2:34 PM

Adaku! Finally, everyone else can hear your music.

This girl is the next (scratch that) BIG thing!

• Mimi June 13, 2012 at 3:13 PM

U go gurl,,,, its about time.

• konnie June 13, 2012 at 3:16 PM

You sound wonderful. good luck

• chidy June 13, 2012 at 3:41 PM

nice adaku.

• TobechiD June 13, 2012 at 3:44 PM

I listened to your Adele’s cover. Good attempt. I do prefer the “Or you can”- it is more original. I wish you the best and success.
      tobechidaniel.blogspot.com

• Teris June 13, 2012 at 4:13 PM

nice. nice.

• Janded June 13, 2012 at 4:50 PM

Very Nice voice. Beauty and Brains

• Akpeno June 13, 2012 at 5:18 PM

Very Nice! Giving Asa a run for her money. About time we had some quality music….

• David June 13, 2012 at 6:01 PM

Kudos Adaku!! Very impressive indeed.

• Mademoiselle June 13, 2012 at 6:24 PM

Beautiful beautiful voice! Was hesitant, because most naija female features don’t live up to expectations. But I was pleasantly surprised. Keep up the good work!

• becca June 13, 2012 at 10:33 PM

Its been a long time coming! I am so proud of this gurrl….well done, great voice, persona, everythaaang!

• Nneka June 14, 2012 at 1:40 AM

So proud of my girl Adaku, she’s beautiful, smart and very talented. I’m looking forward to hearing more songs and seeing her career flourish.

• Chigi June 14, 2012 at 1:48 AM

So proud of my girl Adaku, she’s beautiful, smart and talented.

• YourEliteShoppers June 14, 2012 at 2:14 AM

My babe!!!!… about time you got out there! This babe is going places and I’m super duper proud of you.
      **muah**

• Sarahline June 14, 2012 at 4:13 AM

I’m in love with her already

• iamfascinating June 14, 2012 at 6:55 AM

nice,

the top anti-aging product retinola nd collagen creams are available at thestunninglady.blogspot.com

• Berry Choco Latte June 14, 2012 at 11:05 AM

That’s my lil sis!!!!!!!! Pretty song sweetie… In the meantime, sleep with one eye open cos I’m coming to cut off your big ass fro – no joke :p

• Benjibelle June 14, 2012 at 12:48 PM

Ahhhhhh!!! Look at my girl! I’m so glad the rest of the world gets to hear you now!

P.S. This song goes well with boli, pork chops and designer stew with a glass of moscato. Everyone should try it at least once. YOLO.

• Dee-USA June 14, 2012 at 10:58 PM

First found out about her in 2008/9 from a friend, who was (still is?) her close friend. Her voice has definitely improved a lot since then. Not that she couldn’t sing then, but the confidence in her delivery is more assertive. She was still a closet singer then so maybe she was too timid until her youtube videos started garnering more hits and positive comments. Her songwriting skill is definitely on point. Love this.

• Just me September 12, 2012 at 9:01 PM

OMG babe!!!! yay… I’m super doped out right… I’m so proud of you hun..