Posted on Tuesday, September 18th, 2012 at 7:48 PM

By Onos O

The MTV EMA (MTV Europe Music Awards) are such a huge affair now because it is an award show that gives kudos to artists all over the world as its World Wide Act category. which was introduced last year, includes different Regions – Africa/India/Middle East, Asia Pacific, North America, Latin America and Europe. The nominee with the highest vote in each regions will be nominated for worldwide act.

For Africa:

Camp Mulla – Kenya
Sarkodie – Ghana
Wizkid – Nigeria
D’banj – Nigeria
Mi Casa – SouthAfrica

Don’t miss the 2012 MTV EMA, airing in the U.S. on MTV2 at 11 p.m. ET/PT on Sunday, November 11. Fans can get in on the action beginning Monday (September 17) by voting in all EMA categories online at MTVEMA.com or m.mtvema.com on their mobile phones. Voting for EMA categories is open from now until 11:59 p.m. CT on Friday, November 9.

Be Sociable, Share!

Tags: , , , ,

• Custom Search
  • 31 Comments on “BN Bytes: D’Banj, Wizkid, Camp Mulla, Sarkodie and Mi Casa get Nominated for Best African Act at the MTV EMA 2012”

Comments
    • jen September 18, 2012 at 7:51 PM

Same Africans are nominated every year because the lady of sends the names in favour these dudes,her old self might even be getting it in with them.I won’t put anything past her

• Tee September 18, 2012 at 8:00 PM

Chaiiiii D’banj o!Despite heavy criticisms from ur destructive critics,ur still on top.You are truly ‘Yatoooo’ o.Ur definitely different…No wonder Tuface said u are exceptional and also Mr Don Jazzy also mentioned during his interview with Tools on that Ndani Juice stuuvs that ur simply one of a kind and no one does the magic u do on stage!Omo,i think i now fully understand those statements made by those 2 great people.U are definitely special D’banj!Well done ooooo.

• Annie September 18, 2012 at 8:34 PM

*yimu*

• Sauce September 19, 2012 at 2:40 AM

LMAO (*singing* These niggas wan hold me back, these nigga wan hold me back)

• faith September 18, 2012 at 8:21 PM

I know it will def b dbanj…Oliver twist

• Tee September 18, 2012 at 9:08 PM

@Annie,can u pls tell me,wot exactly is ur problem?Y are u always so unhappy to read positive comments about D’banj,yet very happy to read negative comments about him?Y are u such a sadist?Unfortunately,u don’t practise wot u preach else u wldn’t sit and type nonsense in just one word!Ur the same person who claims evryone is entitled to their opinions and yet u don’t practise it.Ur a big shame,honestly!Whether ur sadistic self likes it or not,D’banj is completely different!He has been in the news almost evry day of this 2012 for both good and bad reasons and yet he’s still soaring higher regardless.Make an effort not to be blinded or deafened by the unnecessary hate or beef(however way u may like to define it) and face facts.If wot i wrote was in favour of Tuface,u wld be quick to second it!Mind u,i love Tuface just as much as i love D’banj and i wld not hesitate to credit both of them when the need arises.Jus like u advised someone one day when the person had a problem with wot u wrote,consider the Atlantic if u av a problem with D’banj……..

• Annie September 18, 2012 at 9:24 PM

My God u got issues o what have i written dat warrants such chapter hahahah.Get some humor child i actually supported all u jst said jst did the yimu for fun(it’s like hmm one nd only dbanj fan is here, is it cos i refused to put lol) i see u’ve been meaning me well.You are plain frustrated, u got time mehn .Pls calm ur nerves and stp reactn to every comment on dbanj cos he definitely doesnt knw abt ur existence nor extinction.Lol sum pple re funny jst a word triggered such dbanj anthem hahahahahaahhha.I would be glad if u could stand and defend a close relative like this oh other than that Get a Life ASAP!!!

• Annie September 18, 2012 at 9:34 PM

One more thing darl i was actually goin to say wow dbanj got 2 huge nomiations in one day then i saw ur comment wrote yimu dat oh dbanj fan is here o.Common *yimu* na wa o wonder if u woulda searched for me nd beheaded my head if i had written two lines.Ha!! u need to see a therapist or a psychatrist even dbanj is nt this much obsessed with himself except!! ur his sister which i doubt.

• Tee September 18, 2012 at 9:52 PM

@Annie,abeggg sharaaap ur dirty mouth!U forgot to write ‘lol’ indeed……Na today?Is this ur first negative comment?Pls just shut up and go and sleep.I av always ignored u but it was obvious u needed someone to let u know that u shld wish others well,regardless of whoever ur favourite is.U think ur smart by trying to claim otherwise…..All the gibberish abt therapist,defending a close relative blah blah doesn’t match darling.I av made my point clear and jus to re-emphasize again,give honour to whom honour is due and stop ‘yimu’ing and forgetting to put ‘lol’….(What a miserable defence u put up for urself)….Hiss

• Annie September 18, 2012 at 11:17 PM

Hey look if the *YIMU* is paining u painfully consider a moving train or an old woman’s clay pot and hit ur head better still consider ikpan river.FACT IS DBANJ DOESNT CARE ABT UR LIFE AND EXISTENCE.If ur a girl find a man or a gingered coloured cat as a company they re d best for old spinsters drooling over a guy who doesnt even care abt their existence or better a dbanj poster which i knw u have dozens of,who knws he might come to life and end up marrying ur lonely self hahahahaahahah mehn lotta characters on blogs.I nevr said FORGOT to put lol i said REFUSED to put lol get the difference dear.I can say watevr abt dbanj the thing is u’ll continue to read and reply me in PAINS and AGONY #GBAM!! must we like dbanj ehn.Ignore me indeed mtcheew,anyways it’s nice to knw sumone actually reads my comments,stay tuned for more hun who knws i might say sumtn nice abt dbanj dat will put a smile on ur face lol.Dbanj this nd dat who freakn cares abt dbanj, funniest thing is dat d arguement we had like 2-3mths ago is wat is still paining u abi eeyah it happens,cos i cnt remembr commentin on any dbanj topic,d last i did i wrote *yawns*,y’ll voltrons cnt take out all who doesnt like him.I repeat *YIMU*!! BN post this one mehn.

• xoxox September 18, 2012 at 10:20 PM

see beef on BN, LOL! this is y i read blogs, the comments kill me! Oya Fight,Fight Fight! LMAO! i love D’banj mehn! his just too much, the things just saying is name can cause, you would be surprised, lol

• Tee September 18, 2012 at 11:35 PM

@Annie,ur dead boring mehnnnnn……Ur chatting absolute shit!I wld always be happy to read good stuff about D’banj just the same way i wld always be happy to read good stuff about Tuface.So do urself a favour and do a triple somersault jus like D’banj mentioned to u and ur likes who are his haters.Those ur yarns about posters,obsessed wiv D’banj,looking for ginger coloured whatever are really boring yarns.My dear,appreciate wot needs to be appreciated.It really shldn’t cost u much or shld it?Smh…..All sorts of human beings!
      D’banj,ride on!!!Jus like xoxo said,D’banj is just too much……Lmaooooo.

• Tee September 18, 2012 at 11:56 PM

@Annie,u clearly have issues….Basically all u av written shld be told to the marines!Oh,so all u av written after that was ‘Yawns”???Lemme remind ur miserable self,didn’t u write ‘Oh i can’t even hate on this one,GO D’BANJ’.Since ur level of reasoning is low,i’l interprete it for u.It clearly means u have always hated on D’banj intentionally.Ur so unintelligent as to underrate ppl’s level of understanding and interpretation otherwise u won’t open that trashy mouth to state otherwise.Who cares about D’banj,did u say???Lmaoooo.U don’t care yet u click on posts tagged ‘D’banj’….My dear,u are pathetic!Whether u forgot o or u refused to put ‘Lol o,it doesn’t change the fact that D’banj is MADE!U waste so much energy spilling poisonous venoms towards someone who is totally free spirited and has so much happiness to give out???Someone who doesn’t take life too seriously,someone who doesn’t let worries get the best of him????Omo,u are a real wonder!Are u not tired of using the same phrases like ‘D’banj doesn’t know u exist blah blah blah???Geez,tell me summin new but remember that ur better off loving than hating or shld i say beefing?In conclusion,since u av so much of a problem stating summin good abt D’banj,y don’t u do a somersault jus like he sang in his last verse of Endowed Remix….@xoxox,yessssoooo D’banj is just too much….I can’t even lie!

• babe September 19, 2012 at 12:04 AM

loving this beef o

• Tee (ANNIE's NEW FRIEND) September 19, 2012 at 12:31 AM

@ANNIE,oya lets stop this useless beef and lets be friends….This one that ppl are enjoying beef…..Lollll!Am not anywhere near a troublesome person,i jus don’t believe in destructive criticisms and/or people being sarcastic.If i have offended u in anyway,forgive me.The only points i av been emphasizing since that very first argument are that we can all jus make an effort to constructively criticize instead of pouring out sarcasm and unfair comments on these famous pp.The bottom line is that evry one of them has something working for them else they won’t be where they are today.There’s no need stating that one is the best and condemning the rest ‘cos truly they are excellent in different ways.However,D’banj has never in his life claimed to be the best vocalist or lyricist,the guy is simply an entertaining talent who just uses music as a medium to showcase his entertaining talent.So there’s no point rubbishing him or anyother person as the case may be.They are doing their thing jus like we are doing ours so lets appreciate them.Hp u understand now.Friends we are,isn’t it????*smiling*.I had to edit my user name sef so u cld easily notice me calling for a truce before u diss me o…..Lol

• Annie September 19, 2012 at 1:21 PM

As if u knew i was gonna reply then i saw this one.Lemme tell u something my bestfriend is a die hard dbanj fan,he even gave me his password to help him ask dbanj for a ff back anytime he comes on twitter watever i say abt dbanj atimes might not even be that serious,i ff dbanj onn twitter and famz him alot lol .The thing is ever since that last arguement there was nothing more to it,tot u guys said ur piece and i said mine.I thought it had finished there ever since my comment on a dbanj post had always been little which i tot wouldnt even mean a thing .Dbanj nd 2face are Africa’s biggest stars to be sincere,in all sincerity o when GOOD music artistes all of them including dbanj walked the red carpets for kanye’s cruel summer at the cannes and was posted on an American blog i left my first comment there saying “y’ll knw dbanj one of africa’s biggest stars,he was d best dressed then shared a link to oliver twist that those that havent listened to it shld check it out” and i got thumps up,they loved d song and he was actually d best dressed, i was really proud.I might not be a die hard dbanj fan but that doesnt mean if he is doing Nigeria or africa as a whole proud my head sef nor go swell lol.I am nt in anyway bringin him down after dat last arguement.I never thought the *yimu* would escalate into sumtn like this cos truth being i meant no harm with that *yimu* jst me playing arnd.If dbanj does sumtn huge i’d say it,u can check d last post on his music where i wrote cnt even hate on this GO DBANJ dat was a huge thing seriously couldnt even hate on it doesnt mean i have always hated on him then sumone else commented abt donjazzy i wrote “mumu comment” simply becos he brought donjazzy into that post(nd am nt a donjazzy fan at all i swear) y’ll would agree with me that both dbanj nd donjazzy had moved on so why bringn donjazzy into a dbanj post nd vice versa it’s like each one of them,their achievemnents wouldnt be noticed based on their individual effort but would be likened to one made one and those things u get? and y’ll would agree with me cos d last time i read sumone said dbanj shld go nd beg donjazzy y’ll snapped dat was d same comment that guy wrote donjazzy go nd beg dbanj which made me say ‘mumu comment”.Problem is i got misunderstood.The last iyanya’s remix i also commented saying this is nt dbanj’s style of music and y’ll would agree with me it was completely diff frm his genre to me. Lol i grew up in a dbanj environment my bestfriend,sister, aunt and all of em and part of me loves him and defends him attimes esp when he was being compared to wizkid dat was d most riduculous thing ever,it was lke 2baba being compared to wizkid and i would also snap,if dbanj does sumtn huge am always happy yes we might have had arguements on his music and all but when his success story is being posted it’s GO DBANJ for me and as for dat *yawns* d pictures BN posted were boring dat was wat triggered *yawns* .I knw d energy dbanj has 2baba doesnt it,d charisma and all attributes to a good entertainer so i knw he is nt a vocalist and cnt remebr talkn on his vocals altho i talked abt 9ja musicians taking note of their vocals u see am talkn of the likes of wizkid and davido who sing ballads like ekuro,gidi girl and all u knw those slow jams jst like brymo and u knw OLD wande coal of taboo,iyanya of true love and all, sumone like dbanj doesnt sing ballads/slow songs na so even if he sings witout beat i dnt think he needs vocals, i have seen a video or two of him singn accoustic version of oliver twist without beat jst d guitar,he did absolutely well dbanj doesnt sing songs where vocals re required he is AFROPOP and pop doesnt need vocal so he is good to go,it’s d likes of wizkid and davido dat shld take note frm brymo and d old wande shld come back,good u called me out lol cos d way i see it it has been building up. My friend am sorry :) BFF-lol Bellanaija friends forever *high five* *baby hug* and a kiss muah!!

• iamfascinating September 19, 2012 at 1:53 AM

may the best man win!

Wild Growth Hair Oil, 10% benzoyl peroxide acne treatment and Retinol creams available @ http://www.thestunninglady.blogspot.com

• brandigest September 19, 2012 at 6:16 AM

This year has been a good one for Wizkid and Sakorde. I know both of them will smile home with an award. http://www.brandigest.wordpress.com.

• chidi September 19, 2012 at 9:05 AM

congrats to all the nominees,@brandigest dis no b BET o,m not a big fan of dbanj,m 2baba fan for life,but u yourself know sey dbanj go win am,oliver twist was played on mtv,oliver twisted penetrated europe thanks to universal music group,if dbanj no win na cheat.

• paul September 19, 2012 at 9:07 AM

na dbanj get dat EMA take it or live it,he deserves it

• jide September 19, 2012 at 9:08 AM

for sure na dbanj,shout out to all the nominees too

• Dunni September 19, 2012 at 10:31 AM

@Annie dear,i would fight u oooooo…….Lolllllll!If u don’t care for D’banj,we surely do care for him so my darling,speak for urself o.Don’t generalize by stating ‘who cares for D’banj?’….The guy is hot and clearly on top of his game.Plus he is Africa’s biggest Entertainer,that has already been verified.No disputing! Whilst Mr Tubaba is Africa’s biggest singer……Shikena!

• Annie September 19, 2012 at 12:52 PM

lol sorry i wnt generalize again!!

• Omo September 19, 2012 at 1:09 PM

@Madam Annie,u’ve come again abi?Abegiiii,not evryone must be in love with ur Tuface at all at all.We all know he is ur best musician to the extent that if he sings jargons with his pleasant voice,it wld appeal to u without a single doubt.Ur always going on and on about Tuface.You may not av spoken about Tuface on this particular post but trust me,we know u!Leave D’banj alone.Many of us have our reservations abt Tuface but don’t need to be stating them emphatically all in the name of destructive criticisms.Its ur problem if u don’t care about D’banj ‘cos he doesn’t give a hoot abt ur biased opinion so stop telling someone else that D’banj doesn’t know that she exists blah blah.She at least is not hating on him and frm all her comments,she doesn’t seem to be hating on Tuface either so wots ur stress?Music appeals to ppl in diff ways and moreso,there are diff genres of music of which Tuface and D’banj don’t sing the same type of music.So pls rest ur case abeg!U started the argument in the first place by replying to ‘Tee’s comments by yimu’ing so y shldn’t she react esp since according to ur replies,u av had arguments before abt this same very D’banj.Even someone replied to ur *yimu* by laughing his arse out and ur claiming u were only joking.Abeg jooor!Am not trading words wiv u but i am a D’banj fan and i clearly support Tee’s initial comments.

• Annie September 19, 2012 at 2:12 PM

Child pls *pass d mic* *YAWNSSSS* BN post this one mehn

• Bibi September 19, 2012 at 3:19 PM

D’banj voltrons needs to get life.There was nothing wrong in what annie wrote and as for you omo if Annie likes 2face how does it affect your life!! If you people like console yourselves d’banj obviously need many years to get to 2face’s level.Damn retards always going on every blogs,get dbanj to bring a better song aside the oliver twist ‘donjazzy’ produced or keep worshipping kanye for life in the name of “international”.

• Annie September 19, 2012 at 5:14 PM

See me see dat omo or klin wherever he/she creeped out from.Omo u said not everyone is in love with 2face an di shldnt force are u kidding me? if sumone feels otherwise abt 2face it’s their freakn prblem and will never write a whole essay supportin him.You accuse me of wat u do,ur obviously forcing pple to like d’banj cos u always react to every commen on dbanj i would ever eve do dat for 2face cos they can like or dislike whoever but dat doesnt stop me frm saying wat’s in my mindt.2face doesnt even get much post to evn fight with sumone who writes otherwise abt him.Yes o if 2face sings jargons it’s a hit and sound pleasant infact even if sings via voicemail it’s a hit evn if he doesnt sing at all it sound freaking good hello IT’S 2FACE IDIBIA ONE AND ONLY 2FACE! You have your reservations abt 2face how does that affect me,am i stopping u.You obviously dnt wnt to state them and the fact dat u dnt doesnt stop me frm writing what i feel abt dbanj,2face and any other artiste jst cos a dbanj fan doesnt write wat he/she feels abt 2face.And who is hating on dbanj? Music appeals blah blah blah who is here for a music sermon and how does a *yimu* starts an arguement if nt for the fact dat u d’banj fans are delusional and obssessed.You also said sumone replied my comment with LMAO how ni d world am i responsible for that? do i own he/she Pc,control he/she’s mind or wat..cnt the person laff anymore heheheheheh so the LMAO is paining u.2face and banj doesnt sing the ame music indeed infact am nt here for that cos the whole of Nigeria sees,hears and knws the fact.If sumone writes watevr abt 2face i wouldnt come back writing chapters in d name of defending 2face..he doesnt pay my bills am jst a fan.Mind u we had the arguement like 2-3mnths ago.Child pass the mic and let sumone better talk nt sumone attackn for me for stanning for Africa’s music king 2face!!.Dnt bother trade words cos u clearly didnt make any sense.If sumone writes bad abt dbanj j i cnt put lol cos i’ll attacked,i shldnt even comment as far as it’s nt in dbanj’s favor see none of y’ll would stop me mehn.I wrote sumtn abt 2face’s nomination and awards at the headies i got atatcked,writing essays for me who cares mtcheew

• paul September 19, 2012 at 5:20 PM

@bibi na step by step,no rush dbanj,when GUNIT seperated,50 cent and d rest of d crew started singing rubbish,50cent didn’t hve a hit single until early 2012,d single ft dev,weda u like it or not na dbanj get mobo and EMA,m not a fan,na 2baba of life,but after d success of oliver twist and he doesn’t win u yourself kno sey na cheating.

• Deel September 20, 2012 at 8:36 AM

@Bibi,and which level is Tuface on that D’banj isn’t?Abeg go and sleep and stop bringing Don Jazzy into this if u av nothing sensible to say.The same Don Jazzy has come out to tell the world that D’banj made him so carry ur silly comments elsewhere.Who doesn’t av a life???Hiss.
      Which level r u even chatting?Is it awards?Is it fame?Is it wealth?Is it money?Is it nominations?Ur point exactly?????I think u shld also advice urself to get a life….And yes,why won’t D’banj fans get upset and attack myopic ppl like u?When all u ppl chat is gibberish by always putting Don Jazzy’s name in anything D’banj just like Annie emphasized she finds silly.

• Bunmi September 20, 2012 at 11:11 AM

@BIBI,i understand u are entitled to ur own opinion but make an effort to let some level of intelligence show in ur comments.What level are u talking about?Who is competing with who?Does D’banj strike u as someone who is competing with Tuface or any other person for that matter?The dude just wants to be successful and he clearly has achieved that.All this nonsense talk abt King of Music,blah blah etc.No one is competing with anybody in that industry.They are all doing well.U complain that D’banj’s voltrons are consoling themselves?That statement makes no sense.If u think he is worshipping Kanye West and another person doesn’t think so,y shld it pain u?I think u shld borrow a leaf from ANNIE that u are defending ‘cos Annie seems to have some level of intelligence and definitely understands music and its versatility.Do urself a favour by reading her response to Tee’s ‘truce’ write up.
      @Paul,u have made plenty sense.God bless ur wisdom.

• Mnm September 23, 2012 at 2:38 PM