The Africa Magic Viewers Choice Awards  just rounded off and the ladies looked oh-so-fabulous!  One thing that definitely made the night for me was seeing the more feminine side of the gorgeous ladies that attended. Celebrities Toke Makinwa, Omotola Jalade- Ekeinde, Collete OsiboEmma NyraLilian Esoro, Zaina and Osas Oghodaro rocked different versions of the timeless hairstyle classic-  the romantic curls.

Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde

AMVCA Hair Trend 2013 Ladies - February 2013 - BellaNaija002

Colette Osibo

Osas Ighodaro

Osas Ighodaro

Emma Nyra

Emma Nyra

Toke Makinwa

Toke Makinwa

The hairstyle has the potential to make the Hunchback of Notre Damme look like Cinderela (I’m kidding, but you get my drift). It is age defying, easy to do and perfect for almost any occasion.

Want to rock the beautiful look? Here’s a tutorial video by beauty blogger and beauty enthusiast Beautybyjj on how you can get your curl on too.

39 Comments on Soft, Timeless & Trending at the AMVCA! Check Out the Tresses that got Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde, Lilian Esoro, Emma Nyra & Toke Makinwa looking Fabulous
  • www.anemistyle.com March 15, 2013 at 12:35 pm

Osas is one stunning lady, loving Omotola’s hair and is it me or does Toke keep getting lighter.

• Meah March 15, 2013 at 12:39 pm

Collectively, the price of those weaves can pay my rent… *sigh*

• lola March 15, 2013 at 2:44 pm

not true. just try to get a good supplier on alibaba or aliexpress.

• Kmer babe March 15, 2013 at 4:29 pm

I tried to get one but I was robbed and got very bad hair quality. Do you know any good one you bought hair from? Thanks!!

• Breezy March 15, 2013 at 6:40 pm

exactly! new star is a very good one kmer babe

• T March 15, 2013 at 8:00 pm

@Kmer babe: Yes, I do! Send me an email to lenriebabe2010@yahoo.com. Will be glad to hook you up!!!!
        T

• 'Bunmi Lawal March 15, 2013 at 12:48 pm

Excuse me, is Toke now a celebrity? I would call her infamous ojare.

• reallyyyyyy!!! March 15, 2013 at 12:58 pm

lol. If Toke sees ur comment, she ‘ll do a video about how to handle Bunmi Lawal.lol

• Peperempe March 15, 2013 at 2:13 pm

LOOOL

• Laide March 15, 2013 at 7:01 pm

Lmaoooo

• benita March 15, 2013 at 1:03 pm

they are all looking stunning,fantastic..muahhhhh

they are all looking stunning,fantastic..muah!yeah toke is a celebrity but i think she’s a party frick always want to be at all parties….

• dor dor March 15, 2013 at 1:15 pm

lool@ reallyyyyyy’s comment

• Say What? March 15, 2013 at 1:53 pm

I could say same thing about Osas.. who she?

• Dare to be beautiful March 15, 2013 at 3:51 pm

I dont know her either but this is what GOOGLE told me……lol

Osas Ighodaro is a former beauty queen (Miss Black USA 2010). She’s gorgeous, well educated, widely traveled and a rising star. The New York born Nigerian-American is smart, thoughtful and humble. A graduate of Pennsylvania State University, Osas has a Bachelors’ of Arts degree in Broadcast Journalism and dual minor degrees in Entrepreneurship and Theater She also holds a Masters of Fine Arts Degree in Acting from the Actor’s Studio Drama School at Pace University.

• igwe March 15, 2013 at 2:01 pm

toke is jst a trying to get there kinda person…too full of herself……mwt her n d way she tries to grade oe like shes superior..not nice @ all TOKE…..

• omolade March 15, 2013 at 2:03 pm

Love me sum Jennie!!!

• My Own Business March 15, 2013 at 2:20 pm

Sorry to say but all their hair looked bad except the first one

• Haba March 15, 2013 at 2:47 pm

U pple should learn from d video n stop going to akpuruka salon. Do ur hair urself and then tell bella naija ‘hair by myself’ since that is the new trend of questions bella naija asks u pple now. Pick a celebrity that is ur mentor n follow suit so u can stop making mistakes biko

• Naveah March 15, 2013 at 3:20 pm

Do they all look nice…sure! However, wouldn’t it be SO MUCH nicer to see African women with more natural style that complements what the hair they were given by God? Would be so nice to see African women who take pride in their heritage instead of clamoring to be Rapunzel. Not a single lady with an afro, twist, locs etc. What does that say to our little girls? It says that our African hair is inferior and Caucasian/Malaysian/Indian hair is best. Whatever floats your boats, ladies:)

• liz March 15, 2013 at 7:09 pm

Everyone is allowed to like what they like. If some people like silky weaves, so be it. If others like natural looking hair, so be it. It’s called personal preference!!! Stop the self righteous generalizations. The little girls will grow and also decide how they like their hair to look. Whatever decision they make, it will be because they like it and not because a bunch of women on t.v did it when they were younger.

• Aunty Prada March 15, 2013 at 3:45 pm

Can I suggest a gym membership for Emma Nyra?

• SMH March 15, 2013 at 5:19 pm

No you May Not..

• Naveah March 15, 2013 at 6:40 pm

Did she tell you that she’s unhappy with herself or did her man consult with you? God did not make everyone to be a size zero, she looks healthy and beautiful so take your negativity somewhere else.

• meldibson March 17, 2013 at 11:09 pm

Please advise hohoh I can see the fat there n there…she does not wanrt, let her cover them places

tallgirl8longfeet.blogspot.co.uk/

• Blossom March 15, 2013 at 7:27 pm

Actually, this is everyday hair in Naija.

• Sara Adebayo March 15, 2013 at 8:07 pm

Weave! Weave! everywhere weave! What is wrong and bad about our African Kinky hair?

• Renny Vonne March 16, 2013 at 2:07 am

My sister I dont know o. Nigerians are so obessed with hair that came from another race, that its just plain ridiculous

• dazzling b March 15, 2013 at 10:46 pm

But come on this Lilian Esoro babe ( the first chick) is just too fine haba. Salivating

• Blossom March 16, 2013 at 9:08 am

BN, I suggest you one of these days do one for women who rock their own hair. Doesn’t have to be the band-wagon natural kinky type that everyone is rocking nowadays. I would appreciate even relaxed hair but just no weave. Let’s see if that inspires some people to rock their own scalp grown hair. #Challenge

Btw, Tokini Peterside does this quite a lot. @Tenisagoe as well :-)

• @ajiriavae March 16, 2013 at 9:48 am

I love Lillian’s make up the best. I love the balance between the natural looking eyes and the red lips.
    ajiristyle.blogspot.com/

• prefer fashion to xes! March 16, 2013 at 4:18 pm

When I previously said Lilian Esoro is one of the most gorgeous babe in nollywood,I was nearly knocked off! Can the person now see?

• Mabel@ www.facebook.com/pomeysplacelimited March 17, 2013 at 10:04 am

@ T I send a message to you regarding good hair! Please I would really appreciate that information. Btw I prefer the first girls hair! Beautybyjj is a guru I have been following for years now on her YouTube channel. She is proudly Nigerian too. Lets help support her channel.

• Mabel@ www.facebook.com/pomeysplacelimited March 17, 2013 at 10:05 am

Ops I meant sent!

• Oyin March 18, 2013 at 12:23 am

lots of dead people’s hair, not impressed and definitely NOT jealous, I used to wear weaves and now with my natural hair, I’m a lot healthier mentally and physically. Thankfully my husband prefers my hair natural. The psychological (probably spiritual) issues from the head of other human beings will be there years to come, sad to say young girls DO think straight, sown, glued hair is normal even at the detriment of their health (mental or otherwise). We need hair deliverance

• iamfascinating March 18, 2013 at 5:38 am

Osas is so pretty!

• Chic March 18, 2013 at 10:23 am

Horse hair everywhere very ugly looking like mops on their head. When women the world over are trying to grow their hair to waist length these women still insist on ugly horse hair. If you are gonna weave it up at least let it look realistic not like the ugly horse mop like hair I am seeing here leave out hair or a few tracks go along way. Some look like they have four packs on their heads! And are they not hot under all that hair I am assuming this event was in Lagos right…

• The Kinkster March 25, 2013 at 1:02 am

Horrible looking weaves all around. I’ll never get the obsession with weaves though. Each to their own I guess….

• ebundetan March 25, 2013 at 5:52 pm

yayyy! Jennie’s video is on bella naija! Nice!. Check our her vlog on different tutorials: youtube.com/channel/UCIVM3-CW8t3DWDAfm88P27Q