News

#MyOgaAtTheTop – The Saga Continues | From Photos to Tees & Videos! Social Media Fallout from the NSCDC Interview

“My oga at the top” – five words that have caused a frenzy in all of Nigerian social media the past few days. It’s gotten so big that there are even “my oga at the top” tee shirts, amongst the hilarious array of memes and interestingly captioned photos. So, I really wasn’t surprised when I woke up this morning to an inbox full of “My Oga At The Top” remixes, from songs to videos, videos spoofs and mash-ups.

Just in case you are ‘carrying last’ and don’t know about this social media trend, {click here}.

#MyOgaAtTheTop even has a facebook page now.

nscdcMyOgaAtTheTop BellaNaija 1The OgaMyOgaAtTheTop BellaNaija 2MyOgaAtTheTop BellaNaija 3oga

Now for those who do know, I thought it just wouldn’t be right if I didn’t share some of the ‘My oga at the top’ delights I found online, most especially this super-catchy remix video of the interview. I really think you should watch it #DazzOrll

Check on it!

"What do you really do for a living any way?", "Your face looks familiar. Was it on TV?" These questions follow me around everyday. Why don't you join them. Instagram | Twitter: @Onos_

1. blue

March 15, 2013 at 11:40 am

I think that while laughing out loud at another person’s mistake, we should put ourselves in his shoes and remember he has feelings too!

• Jiddah

March 15, 2013 at 1:00 pm

We will laugh out loud, and we will consider that most of the people who are put in charge of a part of the nations’ affairs cannot give a quick reply to an information he should readily have.

Please dont attach sentiments to it. He should know the web address, better still he should have said he does not know.

• Bolanle

March 15, 2013 at 1:45 pm

Well said!!!

• Princess

March 15, 2013 at 3:52 pm

Hey blue brainsss.. You must be related to dis guy!! Or did ur oga at the top ask you to write tht comment…! Hisses.com

• Samantha Riggs

March 17, 2013 at 12:28 am

I absolutely agree with you.We are humans and should consider other peoples feelings too.No one is perfect.We cannot know it all even if it might be vital info.Show compassion you all

• Sopie

March 17, 2013 at 9:50 am

It’s the stupidity of Nigeria generally that is funnier. Why front an air head for your organisation? So very stupid! How can pone work for an organisation and does not even know the website. It is RIDICULOUS! Therefore should be ridiculed!

2. ehimen

March 15, 2013 at 11:42 am

mennnnnnnnn…dis is bad,dis guy don enter one chance…lol

3. pearl

March 15, 2013 at 11:46 am

This man’s a legend..’a dumb one though’

4. Bella

March 15, 2013 at 11:53 am

Y’ll have just made my day!

5. cathy

March 15, 2013 at 11:54 am

lmao……….so funneeeyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

6. Joe

March 15, 2013 at 12:01 pm

Hahahaha #MyOgaAtTheTop

7. dimma1

March 15, 2013 at 12:06 pm

Lmao! oh my goodness. This just made my day.
    thatigbochick.com/

8. Olori

March 15, 2013 at 12:10 pm

LOL…It just keeps getting funnier and funnier. At least the dame can rest for a while. It seems this Oga trend is going to last a while.

9. Tosin

March 15, 2013 at 12:11 pm

LOL,i don wee wee for body ooo,this people have finished this man,thumbs up to the DJ

10. mama

March 15, 2013 at 12:13 pm

na wah, this man don suffer.

11. lizy

March 15, 2013 at 12:26 pm

No be small ooooo!!!!!

12. COOL

March 15, 2013 at 12:27 pm

No be small thing!!!!

13. LPS

March 15, 2013 at 12:39 pm

dazz all!!!
    personalstuvs.blogpot.com

14. Bey

March 15, 2013 at 12:42 pm

Lol buh E don do na..Hw wonder hw this man family go dey feel oo..This Oga @ the Top shld just stop already *Hiss*

• diamond

March 15, 2013 at 3:23 pm

Thank you. I share the same sentiment.

• Ready

March 15, 2013 at 5:16 pm

Abeg abeg. Didn’t his family know he would be on national tv as the face of one of our vital national agencies? Sharing is caring; they should have assisted him in brushing up. The koko is he’s unqualified for his position but his family didn’t bother insisting he develop/improve himself. Awon lo mo.

15. Honey

March 15, 2013 at 12:48 pm

My oga, my oga, my oga at the top im loving this tune….

16. nan

March 15, 2013 at 1:05 pm

hahahahahahahahahahahaha……. cant stop laughing i want to stop but i dont want to stop now and my oga at the top will tell me to continue!!!!!

17. dAIY

March 15, 2013 at 1:05 pm

honestly i feel sorry for his kids ooooo!chai. this man is someone’s fada ooooo. But am glad this will make all dem leaders prepare for interview and @least be concerned about thier nation. Its just sooo sad. na wa for this his [email protected]!

18. babylawyer

March 15, 2013 at 1:22 pm

Its funny that attention has shifted from the main issue he was discussing -employment racketeering – and has now focused on that phrase. Sadly after paying that money, the few ones that get employed don’t even have the guarantee that their pensions will remain intact.

19. alyce

March 15, 2013 at 1:35 pm

yeah rite my oga @ the top

20. x factor

March 15, 2013 at 1:36 pm

WOOOOOOOOOWWWW….Naija get talent…I hereby nominate this track for the next headies awards

21. Tayo

March 15, 2013 at 1:39 pm

LMAO oooooooh!! God have mercy. I hope MY OGA AT THE TOP didnt hear me laughing so loud!!! But nigerians are talented tho!

22. Dona

March 15, 2013 at 1:45 pm

The shirts are the best thing to happen to this trend. There are so many more pictures tho. Heard there’s a whole Facebook page dedicated to it.

23. soki briggs

March 15, 2013 at 2:33 pm

This is a national disgrace that should be handled seriously.
    We should not just laugh about it, but see that these officers are trained.

24. Evagreen

March 15, 2013 at 2:33 pm

Hilarioussssssss #lwkmd

25. Robinson3d

March 15, 2013 at 2:36 pm

I can’t help but just imagine the high occurences of illiteracy among senior titled citizens in the country today. This should not be so, Nigeria is indeed bigger than this level of national shame. How can a man of this height not know the website of the organization that feeds him, clothes him and even give him a name. Hmmmmmmmm. Can’t help but just imagine

26. christine

March 15, 2013 at 2:44 pm

I did not plan to post a comment here but my oga at the top made it compulsory oo. Looooool. This is just so cool. These past few days hav been filled with laughter cz of our oga at the top. 😀

27. SunshineLynn

March 15, 2013 at 3:12 pm

@blue, what feelings???? Tchhheeeww abeg he should park well jor! Did u not see d manner in which he kept hushing the Channels staff?? Such acts just kip exposing the incompetence of our so called “Ogas @ d top”!!!! Hahahahahaahaha “Ama kip kip laffing…Datz all”

28. HRS

March 15, 2013 at 3:14 pm

LMAO!!! The Tees go for 5k and the remix is by @amebortalk….

The guy is really trending, heard his son had to delete his twitter account, if he’s a student, mehn I wouldn’t like to be in his shoes o, walking around on campus and seeing peeps everywhere, sporting the tees. Choi!

Though I really feel for the man, he is supposed to know their website plus The clip is hilarious though…. LMAO…

29. Richie's momma

March 15, 2013 at 3:37 pm

SHELL is recruiting graduates, artisans, undergraduates & corpers for a month survey Job @ 650k. + official car + food Interested candidates should forward their CV to http://www.shell. (Cough)THATS ALL!.
    Please Note that one of your referees must be an Oga at the top.

This Message is brought to you by “MY OGA AT THE TOP.” Lolz

30. JUDDIE

March 15, 2013 at 3:39 pm

LMAO OOOOOOOOO

31. LOL

March 15, 2013 at 3:43 pm

Am just seeing this hahaha

32. nnenne

March 15, 2013 at 4:30 pm

oh my days!!! this remix is epic, swear down. laugh wan give me sack letter for office. lemme stop before my oga at the top hears and fires me.

33. my oga @ D top

March 15, 2013 at 4:32 pm

When recruitment into the FG parastatals are regularly done by hook and crook, we should expect worst than my oga at the top.

34. Ms Brown

March 15, 2013 at 6:19 pm

Cracks me up anytime I see this video

35. Jess

March 15, 2013 at 6:32 pm

Please tell me where I can get the shirt. I am begging! I want one….I am actually serious

36. taiwo

March 15, 2013 at 6:50 pm

I want the shirt where can i get plsssssssssss?

37. Omo Naija

March 15, 2013 at 6:52 pm

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHA

38. ice

March 15, 2013 at 9:01 pm

It cld hav been anyone, it just teaches us to be well informed. Am sure most of u dnt know d meaning of GPS, CNN or SIM

• Sopie

March 17, 2013 at 9:52 am

Don’t be stupid! How could it possibly be anyone? How could one put such an idiot as a spokes person for such an organisation?

39. pity

March 15, 2013 at 10:03 pm

he actually said ‘ww.nscdc’ not even ‘www.nscdc’. Epic shame!

40. Ella

March 15, 2013 at 11:56 pm

When i hear people actually defending this man….it breaks my heart!Are you freaking kidding me????I stand to be corrected but this man was specifically brought on air to talk about (amongst other things) the recent issue of the forged abi hacked website of the NSCDC. Was it too much to expect the he,the nominated spokesperson would know the correct address? it’s not that they asked him to sing the national anthem oh or recite the pledge or even name the 36 states and capitals. Hmmmmmm… and the dodonyo was there talking about your Oga! Old men that will not move away let young innovative minds occupy sensitive positions and move this country forward with fresh ideas and vision,no…they want to die on top of the seat. For starters,how does someone like this who cannot even string proper sentences together manage to be the one speaking for the NSCDSC?if not by ”Oga at the top tins” ?Mscheeeew! Even when the channels staff noticed that major wahala was coming,they tried to help him oh…he kept shouting ‘wait! wait!’ as if he knew what he was even saying…na all this kin confused old men go dey make government parastatals dey permanently backward…na only to claim oga dem sabi!Check his birth certificate now,I’m sure this one too is claiming 35! and they will expect a fresh graduate to have had 5 years experience and still be under 25.Evil spirit dem… I hiss in Igala…..may God deliver Nigeria from the spirit of mediocrity. And while we are at it…as we cannot do anything na,we go laugh this oloshi beleful! If you cannot do the job,get out! I dey vex jooor!mscheeeeeeeeeew *rant over*

• Laide

March 17, 2013 at 4:33 pm

This is the only comment I ve read that makes complete sense…at least from reading this one would know why the man is being mocked…nd just Becoz Nigerians have been searching for a joke.

41. ItsModella

March 16, 2013 at 3:04 am

my oga at the top-my oga-my oga at the top…

LMFAO!!! I’m dancing azonto to the remix…

Seriously, if he had said the truth, that he didn’t know the website, it wouldn’t have totally let him off the hook but it would have made him look less of a fool. Instead, he went into a long and unnecessary rigmarole.

42. Nk

March 16, 2013 at 6:46 am

Its better he said i dont know rather than come out on national Tv to say ww.nsdc, . com probably went to play football and the last w was sleeping i guess. People are stressed up and i know this innocent laughter would help relese stress and bring BP down. I just kept on laughing all thru yesterday, even my [email protected] top had to ask me if everything is alright

43. @ajiriavae

March 16, 2013 at 9:58 am

I don’t feel sorry for him. Just his family and friends that have to partake in this humiliation. I can’t imagine what I would do if he was my father or husband. Probably disown him.
    ajiristyle.blogspot.com/

44. Deedee

March 16, 2013 at 12:36 pm

LOL……………………….

45. ch

March 17, 2013 at 12:41 am

I can only feel for his children who have been subject to this ridicule. But then, what do we expect from a nation where mediocrity is celebrated and ass-kissing and lobbying for positions is the order of the day. I do not feel for the man, as head and as someone “important” enough to want to go for TV interviews, u shlda been armed with the necessary info u need. I bet, he probably put himself forward and forced his way into going on the show jst to appear on TV cos dats d society we live in. Let me relate this incident to the outside world, when the 1st American presidential debate was held and Obama wasn’t as eloquent as his opponent, the conclusion was that he wasn’t well prepared and this is a man who we know is one of the best speakers in the world. He was criticized by the media and citizens alike for not having facts and giving punchy answers. Bringing this back home, you can’t be a spokesperson for an org and not be eloquent, with all the info u need at your fingertips. And for people saying nobody is above mistakes, some mistakes shldnt be made at all and this is clearly one of them, and u shldnt expect pple nt to critic him (thought this has gone past criticism to ridicule). I guess it’ll jst teach the others a lesson to know their A B Cs and 1 2 3s and not make unnecessary ref to oga at the top when appearing on national TV

46. WORD

March 17, 2013 at 1:16 am

MY OGA AT THE TOP NOW HAS A VIDEO GAME. SAW THE GAME ON KEEK LMAOO SOME ONE PUT UP A VIDEO OF HIM PLAYING IT . i cant believe someone actually designed a game for it lmao

47. ben

March 17, 2013 at 9:43 am

what goes around comes around…this too shall pass…..

48. mee

March 17, 2013 at 10:41 am

still laffing. buh i see a great revolution for all our Ogas @ d top. and nowwww!! the fear of CHANNELS television is d beginning of >>>>>

• Joseph

March 17, 2013 at 5:38 pm

lol… all of them will not want to come to channels tv anyhow

• taiwo

March 17, 2013 at 9:07 pm

lol!!!!

49. Joseph

March 17, 2013 at 5:35 pm

this my oga at the top is really making people go gaga. Every word and sentence from an average nigerian now ends with my oga at the top.
    i watched the vid, it was reallly funny

50. D Fairy GodSister