BN Beauty: Get This Look – “Shimmery Darkness” by ThatIgboChick

Posted on Friday, June 21st, 2013 at 12:05 PM

By Jennifer Obiuwevbi

BN Beauty Get The Look - BellaNaija - June2013003Hi BN Beauty gals. So, I was surfing the Internet yesterday and I found this great make up tutorial by Nigerian beauty blogger Chidimma Umeh on her blog ThatIgboChick’. The last time we saw Chidimma she was showing us how to to define our eyebrows but today, she will be showing us how to get this gorgeous look. I hereby dub it “Shimmery Darkness”

This make up look is great for a Friday night out with the girls or even a date. It has a bright shimmery silver eye shadow, a lightly highlighted face and deep lipstick in the colour Egg Plant. If you have a lighter complexion you could try toning down your lip colour to a light pink or nude so it doesn’t look too harsh against your skin. You could also try a darker eye shadow colour instead of the silver so it stands out.

I love how simple yet dazzling this look is. What do you guys think? Is it a look you would wear?

BN Beauty Get The Look - BellaNaija - June2013001

Like what you see? Then here is a video showing you just how you can get this look too. Press ►.

Photo Credit: ThatIgboChick

Be Sociable, Share!

Tags: , , , ,

• Custom Search
  • 25 Comments on “BN Beauty: Get This Look – “Shimmery Darkness” by ThatIgboChick”

Comments
    • moving on swiftly June 21, 2013 at 12:24 PM

Omo yi ma fine ke. Yummy…

• Tiki June 21, 2013 at 12:25 PM

Wow, that is A LOT of makeup! She looks gorge though…

• Mz Socially Awkward.... June 21, 2013 at 12:33 PM

Gorgeous gal…. One thing though (actually, 2 things). First, I’m a little skeptical about applying glue to the skin of the eyes, that’s an area that’s quite sensitive and I’m curious as to how the glue comes off when the make-up is being removed. Would you need to use an extra-moisturizing/extra-sensitive eye make up remover?

Secondly, what’s the name of the song playing in the background?

• Anonymous June 21, 2013 at 1:14 PM

Think it was shown at the end of the video….MI- Forever

• Bimpe June 21, 2013 at 12:42 PM

Infact nice! buh na dere we wan sleep?

• amarachi June 21, 2013 at 1:00 PM

Wow luvly

• cathy June 21, 2013 at 1:18 PM

beautiful i like

• Uby June 21, 2013 at 1:21 PM

Very Nice but to be honest I cant wear so much of makeup, it always feels like I have a mask on……….Cant rock/wear this look but I always seriously admire girls that could pull of this kinda makeup.

• amarachi June 21, 2013 at 1:39 PM

Lovely

• janelouis June 21, 2013 at 2:02 PM

Our very own dimma, you look great, keep doing your thing GOD is with you…nice make up…..

• Pretty, pinging my babe to check this out!

mytestimonys.blogspot.com/

• FAR June 21, 2013 at 4:41 PM

Eyes that speak!!! iamfar.com

• Ready June 21, 2013 at 5:20 PM

It seems this heavy makeup trend isn’t going away in Nigeria…I’m gonna go invest in a makeup remover company. #BallingTinz

• whatever June 22, 2013 at 1:02 AM

Wow, I see some friends look like this but never bothered to learn how to apply makeup like this; I be think say na small work. Omo I doubt I wud be able to blink my eyes if I apply all these, the eye will be too heavy for me to carry around. Omo, women we dey try oh. More power to those that go to great lengths to look like this, God bless una hustle. Henceforth I shall know not to envy you. lol

• Bella June 27, 2013 at 11:03 AM

You took the words right out of my mouth. She is very pretty and I love the makeup, but dang,there is no way I would even attempt to apply all of dis at once onto my face, enough respect to her tho, and yes o, dont eny cos you know de hard work into dis na. No be small ting o.

• Aduke June 22, 2013 at 3:12 AM

That was a lottt on the eyelids tho, but came out niceee. Luv that lippy shade very much! Looks good on u! Pretty u with your sweet voice! :)

• ant June 22, 2013 at 4:04 AM

the end product fine sha but i can not for the life if me imagine using so much make up on any given day!

• hmm June 22, 2013 at 6:55 AM

I luvvveeee the song playing. awwww mi abj

• comment awaiting moderation! June 22, 2013 at 9:50 AM

Nice

• chizzweightlossdiary June 22, 2013 at 3:16 PM

Good job. keep it up

• aleesha June 22, 2013 at 6:57 PM

She’s a very pretty girl! lovely makeup too

• thisisit! June 23, 2013 at 8:09 PM

you dont have to wear this makeup everyday…its really nice when u wear a nice outfit without a DRY face

• nenyibabs June 25, 2013 at 12:47 PM

I really need to lean how to do this. I see so many people look so elegant and ‘together’ even at 5pm, and I just admire them. Eyeshadow has never been my thing,but I cant help loving the way it comes out. Let me try this,be right back..

• alexis okoye June 25, 2013 at 6:09 PM

dimma, you are the best.nice job dear

• Cat on a hot tin roof June 28, 2013 at 7:22 PM

Unbelievable! I love the end look but that some serious work. Where do you guys find the time or is it me?