Don’t get Bummed Out! Check out 7 Tips on How to get Rid of Bum Acne

How to get Rid of Bum Acne - BellaNaija - August 2013We all love being beautiful. To get as beautiful as we wish, we get beauty advice on our faces, hair, makeup etc. But there are some uncomfortable topics that, even though they make you cringe, have to be dealt with. What am I talking about? Bum acne.

Yes people, it is not a myth. Bum acne exists and can be quite uncomfortable. It is caused by almost the same elements that cause facial acne. Due to the thickness of skin on the bottom, the acne could become more severe and larger in size and the larger the size the more uncomfortable it is.

Treating acne on your bum is similar to treating acne on your face but the skin on the bum can withstand harsher treatment. So, it is not advisable to use the same products for your face and your bum because it wont have a string effect.

Like I always say, it is better to treat a condition or know how to treat a condition before it turns to a big problem. So, here are a few ways to deal with and treat bum acne.

1. Take half a lemon and squeeze the juice into a bowl. Use a cotton ball and immerse it in the bowl and then rub the infected area generously. Citrus acid is great for cleansing acne, dirt and bacteria. Applying the fresh lemon juice to the acne will cleanse it, gradually clearing the acne and using its bleaching agent to gradually fade any blemishes.

2. Rub a generous amount of natural honey on the affected area and leave on for about 20 minutes. The antiseptic element of the honey kills bacteria and clears pores. Natural honey has also been said to have regenerative properties which will help in the growth of new skin.

3. Visit your local pharmacy and ask for a prescription of anti-inflammatory drugs to help with the swelling that naturally comes with acne.

4. Just like you do with your face, you can exfoliate your bum acne. Use a body scrub with a wash cloth to wash and therefore remove dead skin cells from your bum. This might not help get rid of the existing bumps, but it would prevent them from increasing.

5. Use a shower gel with salycilic acid to help with the acne. This helps prevent pimples from starting and clears the skin as well.

6. Avoid underwear made from nylon and thongs that are too tight. These underpants can trap perspiration. Even though trapped perspiration cannot cause pimples, it can lead to irritations which could produce bumps.

7. Always remember to soak your underpants in detergent and not just put them through a quick wash. When your underwear isn’t washed properly, it can lead to accumulated dirt which would rub against your skin on a daily basis. This would definitely lead to acne.

Apart from these tips, there are many other tips that could help prevent and get rid of bum acne. Remember that taking care of every part of your body is very important.

Do you have any bum acne advice you would like to share and can benefit others? Don’t forget to share them with us.

Photo Credit: 123rf

26 Comments on Don’t get Bummed Out! Check out 7 Tips on How to get Rid of Bum Acne
  • Ibinabo August 29, 2013 at 1:48 pm

Please, how do i treat ingrown hair?

• Sexxie August 29, 2013 at 1:59 pm

Use tweezers to pull out the hair.

• Ibinabo August 29, 2013 at 2:15 pm

thanks, but it’s much so, is there any other way?

• Anon August 29, 2013 at 2:26 pm

Use acne medication to treat it. It’s the same bacteria that causes both. Only use tweezers if they/you can bring it out from the root. If not, you will keep having it. I remember reading it’s better to shave than use tweezers for it because most people don’t know how to bring it out from the root.

• Brezzy August 29, 2013 at 3:31 pm

A couple that you might be misunderstanding are; first, bacteria don’t lead to in grown hair. In grown hair occurs when a hair is not able to protude from the skin and body recognizes it as a foreign object and activates an immune response, which is why it looks and feels like acne. Second, that shaving stops ingrown. Shaving will actually will actually lead to more in grown hair. The best solution to the problem is try other methods of hair removal to reduce the frequency of ingrown hair and remove in grown hair with tweezers when it occurs while keeping the affected area and making sure that it does not get further infections.

• Bella August 29, 2013 at 5:40 pm

Buy Tend bump treatment. It works wonders. I’m a girl and I use it for bikini and even legs. Its really good. It comes in a blue bottle

• Anon August 29, 2013 at 5:42 pm

Apply a dab of acne medication. Ingrown hairs are pretty similar to pimples, especially when the ingrown hair is accompanied by pus. Apply benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid several times a day for a few days. This, combined with daily exfoliation, is often enough to remove the ingrown hair, since swelling will be reduced, giving the hair more room to grow out (rather than in). If you don’t have acne medication on hand, you can try using the aspirin method or adding a dab of toothpaste.

• Sexxie August 29, 2013 at 8:07 pm

Patience my dear, patience! That’s all you need. Be patient, endure the pains and pull.

• Friday’s other child August 29, 2013 at 9:21 pm

I used to have the same problem, and tried quite a few things, although only a couple worked. Magnisium sulphate – depending on where you are, you can pick this up quite easily from a pharmacy – draws the hair out from underneath the skin. This worked pretty well for me. I also found scarguard MD (I’ve only been able to get it from Amazon) and the use of a silicone gel sheet (also from Amazon) very good. The combination flatten the skin, which in my case had turned in hyperthropic growths because I repeatedly had ingrowing hairs in the same area, and return it to it’s normal texture and colour. However, I had to use both night and day for about two months for the affected area to return to normal – although I could see visible results after the first couple of weeks. Lastly, prevention they say is better than cure, the lady who does my waxing, recommended that I exfoliate – with a non perfumed scrub – daily and make sure the area is completely patted dry after taking a shower/bath. She also recommended that Idon’t apply any moisturiser to the area, as excessive moisture in the area promotes ingrowing hair.

• sucre August 29, 2013 at 11:05 pm

• Sexxie August 29, 2013 at 2:07 pm

Leather office chairs are one of the main causes of bum acne. If you sit on them for long hours, always put a soft cushion before you sit. IKEA has some nice ones. Home made brown sugar scrub works perfectly on bum acne.

• Ow August 29, 2013 at 3:12 pm

Please how do I prepare the brown sugar scrub

• EL LOCO August 29, 2013 at 4:03 pm

Is “IKEA” now in ojuelegba?

• lilz August 29, 2013 at 4:58 pm

looolll i wonder mcheww

• Bella August 29, 2013 at 5:43 pm

Hahaha! abi o!

• Sexxie August 29, 2013 at 8:03 pm

You are really loco.

• Ow August 29, 2013 at 3:10 pm

Please how do I prepare the brown sugar scrub?

• Abana August 29, 2013 at 3:55 pm

You can also mix sugar and water together. If oil isnt your thing. 1 part water to 5 parts sugar.

• Elizabeth August 29, 2013 at 3:29 pm

Mix small part of brown sugar with small amount of Extra Virgin Oil, mix till its creamy, and apply. It 3times a week at nights.

• sucre August 29, 2013 at 11:02 pm

Being a guy who has had issues with ingrown hair as a result of having a sensitive skin, I cldnt shave my beard,under arms and even my pubes without worrying of how I was going to survive for the next 2wks , I tried to remedy the situation by using different ointments and creams including neomedrol . I dicovered that they only gave me relief temporarily and the bumps reappeared whenever I shaved. Dat was when I decided to use my no6, since they are ingrown hair I decide to use a sterile pin to free the hair from the bump before applying whatever ointment I had to apply. That was what took care of my ingrown hair wahala permanently. In a nutshell, use a sterile pin to free the hair folicle from its pore.

• Ibinabo August 30, 2013 at 9:32 am

y’all thanks for the response..

• ella August 30, 2013 at 10:31 am

My nose seems to have acne that never goes? yeah u heard me right the look like permanent shukushuku on my nose i dont even know what kind of ache it is. Not pimples that I can press or black head. They just look like tiny bits of boil and sometimes grow on top of each other. its been happening for years. Any ideas or suggestions how i can get rid of it? My face is smooth o. just some black heads and pimples once in a while. its just my nose

• me August 31, 2013 at 8:06 pm

Dear Ella!b we r on d same boat ooo! U jst descri ni! Smooth face, grow on eachoda, abi have two mouths, nose n mouth area,painful, started few years ago , kai! I can’t begin to say d pains I’v been through, if I touch it,it wud bcome hard,n take time to eida or eida not (lols,english) bring o heads! If I don’t touch? It acts its drama for days,goes, bbut leave a new one growing @ anoda spot! I visited a dermatologist @ gwarinpa Abuja,and the receptionist asked me to pay 7k to see d dermatologist! Since I saw sebamed products among their drugs,I decided to keep using my sebamed gel, bt its seems to b clearin ly, b tdosent prevent new boils from resurfaccing n tormenting me! Some one please help us! Please! N is brown sugar d normal evryday sugar?

• ella September 2, 2013 at 4:05 pm

So am not the only one with this wahala? Praise God o:) I dont even use sugar at all sef. am tried of all the products i buy that boast with no visible difference. I got sebamed facial soap a while ago but i didnt see any difference so i dumped it.
      @Bellanaija please help us out o !!!!! we be you