Listen to Yoruba Movie Star Dayo Amusa’s Song “Unforgivable”

Nollywood actress Dayo Amusa has premiered a song “Unforgivable” for the soundtrack of her movie.

The track features up-and-coming act Damz.

The movie stars Desmond Elliot and Mike Ezuruonye. Click here to watch the trailer

Listen!

25 Comments on Listen to Yoruba Movie Star Dayo Amusa’s Song “Unforgivable”
  • Hurperyermie September 17, 2013 at 11:37 am

why did she not pay someone to sing for her? this is totally out of it she went flat even with the instrument and every every? am sorry its a NO from me

• Hurperyermie September 17, 2013 at 11:38 am

i mean for me

• lisa September 17, 2013 at 11:39 am

Not bad,could have been mastered properly though.

• jumanji September 17, 2013 at 11:58 am

she tried. But not the best.

• Yemzy September 17, 2013 at 12:22 pm

its ok but she nids to work on her pronunciations. However Dayo still beta pass Tonto Dikeh.

• Dammy September 17, 2013 at 12:24 pm

A for effort. The rest zero! The second back up singer ..my goodness….nice beat but not good snuff. Having said that…there is room for improvement. Take on the feedback and work on it. Don’t see the comments as hating or whateva u call it. I started off horrendous in music…but with continuous practice it’s now ok. So keep it up but work hard. Muc live xxdame

• olajumoke September 17, 2013 at 12:51 pm

Dayo should never do this again….

• olajumoke September 17, 2013 at 12:52 pm

And the support singer just made it worse..

• jjay September 17, 2013 at 1:13 pm

this ia a total blunder to the music industry

• madam dearest September 17, 2013 at 2:32 pm

smh some people can’t sing to save their lives yet they criticize , biko she tried without Auto-tune. pronunciation? like some Nigerians don’t sound like these or some even worst, Asians(Indian and Chinese) Latin Americans and some part of Europe speak worse than us with pronunciation and English yet they learn to embrace it.

my hairstylist can’t speak much but, men she can make hair for ages!

• jinkelele September 17, 2013 at 3:02 pm

you see the reason why we shouldnt let people like tonto and omotola release songs and suck up to them instead of telling them the truth. Its their rubbish that encourages people like Dayo to release this. Was the producer tone deaf?

• Adeola September 17, 2013 at 3:32 pm

She really tried, the back-up singer was a no no. She should have used a female with similar feminine voice to hers. Kudos Dayo!!! Way better than them poko and co.

• Adeola September 17, 2013 at 3:34 pm

P.S:- For those that diss Yoruba actors and their accent and pronunciations….did you hear anything like that on Dayo’s track? Thought so.

• Easy now! September 17, 2013 at 3:54 pm

Bella Naija abeg may I ask una is the Yoruba movie industry separate from Nollywood? If they are all one, why do u guys differentiate their actors and actresses from their English colleagues even when some act in English movies. When I see ur caption “Yoruba movie star….”, it makes me think maybe they are different. Maybe I don’t know sha.

• slice September 18, 2013 at 4:12 pm

honestly, they are not the same and it’s better to state which one. if you don’t watch yoruba movies, u may not hear about many of their actors. i think some yoruba movies are better sef so better to separate them

• MOS September 17, 2013 at 4:12 pm

@ Adeola, for you to suggest the pronunciations and accents were OK on this track, mbok are we listening to the same song? Leaves one wondering what you speak like. Wow Dayo Amusan please I beg you stop it! stick to acting. I actually love your acting skills.

• Adeola September 19, 2013 at 2:08 am

Yes, we both listening to the same track. Trust me, she ain’t got no accent in this song. As a first timer with possible no voice training and co, she did good. Mind you, I speak good English…should be asking you that. Do you?

• Highoncinnamon November 7, 2013 at 7:20 am

My sentiments exactly!

• Highoncinnamon November 7, 2013 at 7:35 am

Lmao! May The Lord bless you!

• slice September 18, 2013 at 3:41 am

the underlying music is really good. but the singing. mmm . dayo herself is not so bad but the other singer. not good. record it again with a guy singing dayo’s part and a high soprano doing the other person’s part

• Msunderstood September 18, 2013 at 6:11 am

Not bad. It’s probably the soundtrack for d movie.

• MOS September 19, 2013 at 1:29 pm

@ Adeola…… so silly. You really speak good English. Very evident. hahhahaha. #dead. Wo, I don’t have your time jare. oniranu. Probably Dayo’s sister.

• god September 25, 2013 at 10:15 am

d backup singerz were jus off tune abi na beat? d backup singers no try jor…. plus ah dis song betta pass tonto song na…

• Desire September 25, 2013 at 11:06 am

Horrible. Movie soundtrack..really?

• demi August 10, 2014 at 10:59 am

To u guys wu kept saying all sort of rubbish bou dayo’s song wah can u do? Are u telling me u can do berra dan she did? Instead of u to encourage ha u re jess fu**n sayn rubbish! For me o dayo’s song is a very nice and touching song so for u guys da said no that’s ya wahala its ur fu**ing problem and not hers! Sing yours and let’s hear na and let’s c if ur voice is berra dan hers! Annoying people! Enemies of progress Try to check yourselves huh? You feel me? Dhurh mtchew