D'banj & Genevieve Nnaji are a Couple - January 2014 - BellaNaija

Now this is what we call a power couple.

BellaNaija.com can exclusively confirm that music superstar D’banj and Nollywood superstar Genevieve Nnaji are a couple.

In December 2013, there were reports that the on and off again pair were officially back together when they stepped out in matching black outfits at the Club Ultimate party in Lagos – In Case You Missed It, click here

D'banj & Genevieve Nnaji at Club Ultimate - December 2013 - BellaNaija - 027

Yes they are dating” – Sources close to the couple, exclusively confirm to BellaNaija.

We hear that if things go on smoothly, the Koko Master may get down on one knee  and pop the question plus our source tells us the couple are open to the idea of having a D’banj or Gene Jnr soon.

In 2013, we saw numerous celebrity weddings and if this two make it official, it will be the mother of all celeb weddings!

Trust BellaNaija to have the exclusive scoop.

87 Comments on “It’s Serious!” Exclusive Scoop on Superstars D’banj & Genevieve Nnaji’s Relationship
  • Monalisa January 6, 2014 at 2:27 pm

cool…i wish them all happiness

• doll January 7, 2014 at 9:24 am

Na so. Genny is too good for him right? When lola started dating peter of psquare…same story…she is too pretty, too classy, he cant speak english, he is too razz, etc.

However on their wedding day story changed. World people! You can never satisfy them

Abegi! Dbanj is gd looking and has done well for himself…he is a brand…they are lucky to have each other

• AsHAni January 7, 2014 at 7:59 pm

hmnnn…all the person did was wish them happiness o! some people sef!!

• tinnu1429 January 6, 2014 at 2:32 pm

I love this two! Genny I love carry Go

• Loveth.O. January 6, 2014 at 2:32 pm

Sign

• JEWELZ January 6, 2014 at 2:36 pm

I wish them well. That is all *eargerly waiting to hear peeps bashing*

• Samantha January 6, 2014 at 2:38 pm

My one and only gene! Biko dbanj should treat her well. If they get married nah abroad tins I’m sure. Security not fit hold this kin wedding in Naija lol

• JEWELZ January 6, 2014 at 2:39 pm

eagerly* lol

• mama mia!!! January 6, 2014 at 2:43 pm

Genevieve y now? I had so many dreams for you in my head… I saw you with the likes of Tyler perry.lol guess, you can’t help who you fall in love with, one thing is for sure d’banj has always been crazy about this girl it showed during award shows, interviews and much more. Wish them the best sha. Still, not a fan of dbanj abi na bangalee. Not like he cares tho…lol

• anonymous January 6, 2014 at 3:12 pm

what do u mean by that, please go and sit down.

• mama mia!!! January 6, 2014 at 4:09 pm

I’m seated already ma’am, wanna say something?

• Mz Socially Awkward... January 6, 2014 at 2:44 pm

BN, how has the gist been confirmed if your only scoop is coming from “sources close the couple”? That’s some National Enquirer level of news verification – I mean, the suya man roasting across from their gate or the man who cuts their grass can be a “source close to the couple”. I’ll be more of a believer if this was revealed by an official PR rep or a similarly substantial source.

• seki January 6, 2014 at 3:34 pm

You know I was thinking the exact same thing. Bella is just trying to make the news this morning.

• Chic January 6, 2014 at 3:40 pm

lol@suya man example…but true

• sweetnsour January 6, 2014 at 4:15 pm

Plus this story was also “confirmed” by another site over a week ago (including marriage talk sef) so it’s not exactly exclusive.

• http://www.adenikeadebayo.com/ January 6, 2014 at 4:30 pm

Yes o! Plus nothing is confirmed until Genevieve herself says so… I’m sorry, I just don’t trust what dbanj says…lol

adenikeadebayo.com

• TA January 6, 2014 at 5:03 pm

@ Mz SA, my sister help me ask kweshion o! Because another blog featured same story several days ago and also called it ‘Exclusive’. he! he! he! :-)

• jinkelele January 6, 2014 at 5:14 pm

MsSA -BN is just going inline with other bloggers, same way they said sources close to the couple confirmed Dbanj was dating Andrea sotay posts with her in it were officially BankyW’s gf model Andrea. So many other blogs carried the ‘oh see BW new gf immediately BN said tey can exclusively confirm according to sources’
      Now its another exclusive? pleases BN/Onos stop this already
      All your aproko sources

• Mzlyrics January 6, 2014 at 8:45 pm

I was even expecting better ‘new’ gyst. BN abeg you are late. We heard this gyst a few days ago already!

• AsHAni January 6, 2014 at 9:07 pm

…to! seems even linda ikeji is more reliable..(-_-) ..at least she names her sources kinda…lol

• Purpleicious Babe January 6, 2014 at 10:10 pm

I agree…
      anyways it does not matter sef. If they marry we go know.

• Rosybaby January 6, 2014 at 2:45 pm

Good luck to them

• bobbydox January 6, 2014 at 2:47 pm

Isn’t their love story peculiar and so romantic i wish you both happiness beyond measure

• bobbydox January 6, 2014 at 2:49 pm

And where are those so called blogs claiming that Genevieve Nnaji and Dbanj were paid to appear as couples for the Gulder event shame to bad press

• Praise January 6, 2014 at 2:50 pm

O God, let this relationship work out.

• crayfish January 6, 2014 at 3:17 pm

LOL. AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• candy January 6, 2014 at 3:02 pm

its about time #finally……….!

• peace Emmaual January 6, 2014 at 3:26 pm

are such all these u said is from your mind if so reply

• http://www.adenikeadebayo.com/ January 6, 2014 at 3:05 pm

Good for both of them! Everyone deserves love and happiness from someone special…. even the kokomaster himself….

adenikeadebayo.com/

• Thelma January 6, 2014 at 3:08 pm

@ Mama Mia I couldn’t agree with you more. I always pictured Genny with a MAN like that (Tyler Perry). Hmmmmm. In any case I wish them well. Cannot wait for dbanj/gene jnr. Genny would be so cute with a bump.

thelmathinks.blogspot.com

• Leah January 6, 2014 at 9:41 pm

I love love love Genevieve, love her but what would attrack Tyler Perry to her?

• peace Emmaual January 6, 2014 at 3:13 pm

i wish u couples happy marriage life, am happy for both of you God bless both of them.

• peace Emmaual January 6, 2014 at 3:18 pm

we love both of u too must good luck

• Truth be told January 6, 2014 at 3:26 pm

I feel excited about this. May God bless them with marital wisdom. May his perfect will be done in their lives.

• pweti January 6, 2014 at 3:28 pm

I pray it works

• Ethy January 6, 2014 at 3:30 pm

If that’s what Genny wants am happy for her. Come D’banji be committed this time around.

• Felinda1 January 6, 2014 at 3:31 pm

Like I say of Ludacris who does not deserve gorgeous Gabonese Medical Student Eudoxie, DBanj you do not deserve our one and only diamond princess Genny, but I give my blessing, and if fck up once, I swear me andmany out there have no problem castrating you and feeding you to the dogs like north korea did to his uncle last month. I dont trust entertainers who are always on the road bcos some skank bches will even make it thei r mission to seduce you just for 5 mins of fame as “the ho who slept with Gennys man”, we r watching u like a hawk, and u know us women, we have CIA and KGB in our DNA In every region, every country, so if u like, try any ish. GOOD LUCK GENNY AND BE HAPPY. Felinda has co signed. Once your sweet daughter cosigns its a done deal and I hope hes a good role model to her. And in closing I shout DBANJOOOOOOOOO, WE ARE WATCHING YOU. If u like try any fckup move

• Jane Public January 6, 2014 at 4:00 pm

“Our one and only diamond Princess”. Are you having a laugh? When outsiders say someone deserves better, I wonder at that kind of reasoning. What makes you think they deserve better? Eudoxie that quit medical school to be a professional girlfriend, someone please tell me how she deserves better than being cheated on with a baby as proof. Those skank bitches are there because the men are willing to drop their pants. Please stop leaving the blame at the doorstep of the women. Was the man forced, or did he fall and his d****k slipped and fell into her vayjayjay. The ho who selpt with Genny’s man. How about Genny’s man the man whore who couldn’t keep it zipped. Don’t get it twisted. Genny, diamond princess, those who are in the know about her are in the know so please stop with she deserves better

• Felinda1 January 6, 2014 at 5:06 pm

Abeg Jane PubIC carry go, what exactly is your point. All this blah blah. Is it by force to agree with my comment. Abeg shift, and its a new year try and get a lil sense of humor and stop getting all your panties tied in a bunch. It aint that serious

• RM January 6, 2014 at 4:34 pm

lmaooooo!!!!

• shenugs January 6, 2014 at 5:25 pm

Hahahaha. But o ga o. Calm down ma.

• Love me Love me January 6, 2014 at 3:37 pm

Belanaija, you people have started. First you were pushing Toke and Maje (phantom story) Now you are getting involved in this one. Give them a chance to do their thing assuming there is something and then you will have that big announcement you are craving. Just saying

• theglad January 6, 2014 at 3:37 pm

yes i think i love them together just as i love Jim and Nadia together.wishing them all the best.i pray it works out cos i really want them together!

• bobbydox January 6, 2014 at 3:44 pm

@Felinda loooool U don turn Mopo hahahahaha

• Kidult January 6, 2014 at 3:59 pm

BN has been dropping the crucial hints. Gene is pregnant!

• http://africansweetheart.blogspot.co.uk/ January 6, 2014 at 4:00 pm

It would be nice to see Genny get married this year!

africansweetheart.blogspot.co.uk

• j January 6, 2014 at 4:07 pm

• The Real Mrs Rotimi Alakjija January 6, 2014 at 4:32 pm

One man’s meat is another man’s poison. For us Genevieve is a goddess

• Captain Awesome January 6, 2014 at 5:40 pm

Goddess kwa? Please calm down .its a new year
        She is pretty. Yes. Goddess. No.

• mama mia!!! January 6, 2014 at 6:04 pm

Lol, say what, Tyler perry isn’t into women? While I stay dreaming, please, stay goggling. The key words in my comment was ‘the likes’ my dear, while you are judging her by physical appearance we see beyond that stuff. In all sincerity Kim is arguably better looking than Beyonce but holds no candle to her when it comes to character and carriage that’s what makes one different and attractive when you are unique and not like any one else. Gene is diff and we love her for it. Sorry!!!

• curious January 6, 2014 at 6:49 pm

pls argue how that midget kim is ‘arguably better looking than beyonce’. Abeg you need bez idakula glasses?

• Mzlyrics January 6, 2014 at 8:49 pm

So true! I saw her once at the airport too and mehn she was soo petite! I kept stealing glances to be sure I was seeing right. She still remains our fabulous Genny tho! Much luv Genny!!!

• Yinka January 6, 2014 at 4:19 pm

Replaying the Kimye story in Nigeria abi? Power celebrity couple..lol..wonder if this is love or power play??? wish the two the best however..

• lola January 6, 2014 at 4:21 pm

yaaaaaaaay!!!!! i really hope the get married and stay together forever best of luck guys :)

• Rossy Petite January 6, 2014 at 4:41 pm

Lips are sealed…yet in my heart of hearts I wish them well

• Sapphire January 6, 2014 at 4:49 pm

@ j Thanks, your comment is spot on!!!! “Unfortunately, Tyler Perry is not into women! Dream on. How many of the people commenting that she’s too good for D’banj have seen Gene in person? I have seen her twice at the airport and i can tell you she’s petite but good looking. She doesn’t stand out and and not that stunning. A lot of you see her through her roles in movies and the pretty pictures you see on blogs.”

• Desree January 6, 2014 at 5:10 pm

wish u guys all the best,,,,,,,,,,,,not heard from Genny though

• omolola January 6, 2014 at 5:20 pm

What I dont understand is the bit about ”matching outfits”. Because they both wore white on black makes it matching? O ga o

• ugochi January 6, 2014 at 5:59 pm

i luv gene and Dbanj

• curious January 6, 2014 at 6:47 pm

seriously, if genevieve is really dating this small immature rat, it just goes to show that she is desperate. O ga oh. We shall be here sitting and watching how this pans out.

• curious January 6, 2014 at 6:53 pm

this is proof that the kokomicine is very potent! ha. #kobokopower

• whocares January 6, 2014 at 8:56 pm

lmaoooooooooooo. This was the best comment EVER. looool. kokomicine. loooool. ooh im going to sleep now so no one can ruin this good mood you have put me in.

• Tee January 7, 2014 at 1:51 am

Crying!! Lmaoooooo

• chinedu arinze January 6, 2014 at 8:03 pm

Silent prayers for dem,wish dem luck

• Cool cat January 6, 2014 at 8:39 pm

I love genny, not so much dbanj but I hate to say they are just settling. Dbanj is too all over the place, loud, somewhat obnoxious and genny is the exact opposite. Yes opposites attract but besides star power, I don’t see any similarities at all. In my opinion, genny is too mature and sophisticated for this dude. What do I know?

• damsel January 6, 2014 at 8:42 pm

Me too. I tot/wished same 4 Genny… The likes od Tyler. 4 me D’banj aint emotionally matured/stable 4 a serious relationship like marriage. But then its my opinion. I pray he proves me wrong

• AsHAni January 6, 2014 at 9:14 pm

..hmnnn all thses peeps seeing genny at the airport..o ga o.. does she live there ni..lol..or vice versa..na them sabi . as someone mentioned..all these ”phantom love stories”> ref toke/maje and now dbanj/gene

• FJD January 6, 2014 at 9:51 pm

This guy should just behave himself.

• Amh January 6, 2014 at 10:54 pm

@felinda genny likes the rich Alhajis. Yeah she’s too much for Dbanj cuz he wants to marry remains of the Alhajis and the chief. She’s a big time runs babe. I pray Dbanj mama will not labor in vain and let her son marry atiku and Douglas Orontos, backside girl. She’s been around so many rich men.

• fairygodsister January 6, 2014 at 10:58 pm

The tatafo quotient in this story sha!!!!

• Fola January 6, 2014 at 11:03 pm

not seein anything other dan d humour in d comments..i’v had a good laugh…lol at Ashani’s comment

• Donthavetimeforrubbish. January 7, 2014 at 12:28 am

the odds of these two getting hitched are about the same odds as Jonathan giving up his 2nd term ambition,first of all Dbanj mama no go gree, no be Dbanj wey begin follow Ini Edo..wetin happen to that matter?..Now Dbanj wants to now start follicking with another “actress”? And not just any actress, Genevieve!? He had better go to his church and beg Bishop to join him in prayers for a life partner.

• walex January 7, 2014 at 12:56 am

na today all that one na super story joor

• Lapes Beautiful Creature January 7, 2014 at 2:32 am

Really hope this works out for them both.. if this is true

• NNENNE January 7, 2014 at 4:58 am

@Amh…. I will pray for you tonight.
    All the best Dbanj and Genny. I love you both.

• Grown Woman January 7, 2014 at 8:57 am

So happy for them…. people let them be naw..

• maame k January 7, 2014 at 9:23 am

go gal,i love this two,God bless u sha,enjoy oo and have fun

• YEYEAREWA January 7, 2014 at 11:14 am

Hian! #AmericanWonder!

• mariam light January 7, 2014 at 11:16 am

I really like these 2 and i hope they make it work.

• ILoveGenevieve January 7, 2014 at 11:36 am

All this Genevieve doesn’t deserve D’banj or vice versa is myopic. Sure Genevieve appears matured and D’banj immature but what if actually reverse is the actual case. We don’t no much about this stars than their talent and the image they show us. The public thought Whitney Houston a calm collected woman till she had a reality show. Beyonce who appears collected could be worse than Kim K in real life. A stars image is different from their persona so y’all need to get some education and get a tape and wrap it around your fingers. If this “it’s serious” news is serious, something connects Genevieve and D’banj the fans will never imagine ….as a lover of Genevieve I can only hope it is not money or good sex. Best of luck to her ….however she needs to get on movie set soon.

• funmi January 9, 2014 at 2:01 pm

let’s wait and see

• Hilda January 10, 2014 at 3:01 pm

I love Genny soo much. I realy do nt trust D’banj and am nt a Fan. All the best, i wish them a happy life

• Davidson February 4, 2014 at 9:19 pm

u don’t know how much i pray for this to come true, i tag them d best couple

• Jenny May 22, 2014 at 8:53 am

I love the pair, 100% support. Am coming for the wedding.

• tynny August 24, 2014 at 11:20 am

My spirikoko has curved me from commenting on issues like dis buh 2 be candid I love genevive so dearlyand I pray dbanj is God’s will for her…I wish dem all the best in life