In a chat with Ebuka Obi-Uchendu on “Rubbing Minds”, YBNL Nation artiste Adekunle Gold opens up for the first time about the drama that happened onstage when he was receiving his “Best Alternative Song” award.

Highlights from the interview include:

• Being a brand developer professionally
  • How he got into music
  • Joining YBNL
  • How Olamide is as a person
  • Winning the “Best Alternative Song” award over Asa & Bez
  • The Headies 2015 drama

…and more!

Watch below.

Part 1 (The Headies talk kicks off at the 9:26 mark)

Part 2

14 Comments on Adekunle Gold opens up about Headies Drama for the First Time | Says “Olamide Stood for One of Us”
  • Missy J January 10, 2016 at 10:33 pm

As some one said… Olamide didn’t just stand up for one of them, he stood up for Dbanj, Wande Coal and the future SMD…. LOL
    Really, can this matter just die forever? and this Adekunle guy is a very clean dude.
    Boys of today… you can dress decent and still be loved. Ask Jidenna and Adekunle Gold.

• Print Snatcher January 10, 2016 at 11:06 pm

Adekunle interviewed very well. very calm and professional. I hope and pray your talents takes you further and beyond…..

• Bayowilson January 10, 2016 at 11:38 pm

This guy seems focused and spiritually determined.

• kaka star January 11, 2016 at 1:41 am

Ok Now!! Olamide is respectful……can someone help me define respectful?

• D January 11, 2016 at 2:57 am

Umm, he said he stood *up* for one of them. Please quote correctly, BN. Even one word counts when you’re quoting someone else.

• californiabawlar January 11, 2016 at 7:19 am

Awwww!! I enjoyed the interview….I miss seeing ‘regular’ Yoruba guys.

God bless your work bro…abeg don’t do shina o! 😀

• Awhotu January 11, 2016 at 9:15 am

This guy has got it all oh.He is as clean and professional as his sounds.My love just tripled for him.Keep soaring dude.Love ur sound.

• Onochie January 11, 2016 at 9:49 am

Way to go. Is it me or something?… I think he is not like an act for YBNL. He is way too composed and mature for them. Great year I pray.

• prince January 11, 2016 at 11:29 am

What is Respect in the first place, HIPTV repeated #TheHeadies twice yesterday and believe me OLAMIDE was highly disrespectful. What do we even want his boy to say, tell us otherwise, he’ll have to protect his boss.
    Olamide allowed pride took over him at the awards, with millions watching, some of who are those that made you and gave your STREET BRAND the look it is today, whatever it cost you to maintain, he could have done it.
    He slammed the Mic on the floor, that’s absolute madness, no one should talk about Olamide been respectful, I love him but this is unacceptable

• Fusion OAU January 11, 2016 at 12:31 pm

You just gotta like this guy, I met him at a club in Ikoyi a few months ago and he was so respectful and level headed…… he was practically bending while he was greeting self.. at that point I thought it was all some kind of rehearsed behavior for show but….. looking at him even months after he just seems like a pretty nice guy. I really hope he does well with his music….. and when the album drops I’ll definitely be one of the first persons to buy it……..

• Lou January 12, 2016 at 4:44 am

I know an innovator when I see one, Adekunle Gold is one.

• SS January 13, 2016 at 1:43 am

y’all know adekunle gold’s girlfriend is simi that sings -simplysimi,they have been together before the fame