Submit your nominations now for the New African Woman Awards 2016

New African WomanThe nominations for the inaugural New African Woman Awards is now open.

The leading pan-African women’s magazine New African Woman is set to hold to inaugural edition of the highly anticipated New African Woman Forum and Awards. The awards gala will form part of the premier edition of New African Woman Forum scheduled for 11th March 2016.

New African Woman Awards aims to recognise Women leadership and excellence on the continent.

New African Woman Forum 2016Both the Forum and the Awards will bring together over 150 leaders from business, academia and civil society, as well as key decision makers from the public and private sector, creating a platform to share challenges, build niche networks and develop a plan of action to turn the Agenda 2063 into reality.

Why nominate?
Play an active role in the nomination process of game-changing African women to be recognised in the premier edition of what will become the leading event to celebrate African women serving the continent and setting standards of excellence.

How to nominate?
Simply send in your nominations for each category in a Word Document to awards@icpublications.com by Sunday 31st
January 2016, midnight.

Categories:
New African Woman in Business
New African Woman in Politics/Public Office
New African Woman in Education
New African Woman in Science and Innovation
New African Woman in Finance
New African Woman in the Media
New African Woman in Sport
New African woman in Arts and Culture
New African Woman in Civil Society
New African Woman on the Rise*
New African Woman of the Year*

* The recipient will be selected by our board of advisors.

NAWF 2016Register to attend this great event

28 Comments on Submit your nominations now for the New African Woman Awards 2016
  • fleur January 23, 2016 at 9:35 pm

What would be the category for Toks?

• ATL’s finest January 23, 2016 at 10:34 pm

Lol exactly who came to my mind. Abi is it not the same BN commentators that can’t be nice about her vlogs? Dakore & Uzo I shall vote for.

• May January 23, 2016 at 10:44 pm

As in I was thinking the same thing o

• Tina January 23, 2016 at 11:31 pm

Good question fleur, all these fake fake award, woman of the year indeed.

• meat pie and zobo January 24, 2016 at 3:13 am

relationship bullet proof who got played by her cheating husband!!!

• Damilola January 24, 2016 at 4:12 pm

Bella naija, please enlighten me on what these women have done to make a difference in their community specifically for NIGERIAN women. Did they protest for chibok girls? Do they speak on education, enpowering women? Speak against rape, abuse, violence? Raise money, awareness for different medical issues affecting women from cancer, fibroids, diabetes etc? Did they raise money to help women who are less privilege? Bring awareness for quality healthcare for women? Let me stop.
      When you give me more info, then I will be able to decide my nomination.

• BellaNaija.com
        BellaNaija.com January 24, 2016 at 6:26 pm

None of them are nominated for the awards. No one is…yet
        This is a call for nominations. They were on a recent cover of the New African Woman Magazine that is why that image is up there.

If you feel anyone you know if worthy, please nominate them 🙂

• Ssssshh January 24, 2016 at 9:25 pm

“Women wey no dey sidown for house”

• Jamie January 23, 2016 at 10:04 pm

African women with fake horse hair and weaves. Yes that’s is verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyy AFRICAN

CANT WAIT TO HEAR THE ACCEPTANCE SPEECH IN AMERICAN ACCEPTANCE TOO

Very Nigerian . Always original.

• Nefertiti January 23, 2016 at 11:05 pm

@Jamie: God bless you. And Pls can someone call Kemi Adeosun, The Finance Minister to order? What’s it wit the British accent?

• Please January 23, 2016 at 11:45 pm

Get off your damn high horse. An African woman should be allowed to do whatever she wants with her hair and not be less African because she chooses to extend her hair – even oyinbo women add clip ons to their hair Abeg . You keep your natural hair and let whoever doesn’t want to , be!

• vr January 24, 2016 at 3:11 am

Aunty how does fake horse hair and weaves have anything to do with the award….. abeeg go and sleep jor….. aunty team natural till i die hian!!!!

• X January 24, 2016 at 7:21 am

sigh!! why u still mad in 2016?

• Cindy January 24, 2016 at 8:03 am

For heaven’s sake, get off your high horse. Is it a crime to wear weaves? This is the problem I have with you team natural people. Your superiority complex is amazing. Some people just don’t have the time, resources or patience to go natural so does that make them less African? Why so much venom? Please don’t vex my spirit. What nerve! Is anyone stopping you from going natural? No, so stop throwing jabs at those who still decide to wear weaves. And no, not everyone who wears weaves is trying to be white gush!

• Niola January 24, 2016 at 11:03 pm

Jamie and she I bet you are clothed in leaves and serve ogun or osun or one the african gods….geez make sure everything you do is african. Pls write in your indigenous language as well cause English language is so not african. Start questioning all you do and judge yourselves objectively. Are you truly african?

• aikay January 24, 2016 at 12:31 am

Pls I want to ask what toke has done to be on the cover of a magazine that claims to award the efforts of african women biko… Uzo and Dakore are both outstanding and award winning actress and linda ikeji is a powerful blogger. Abeg which one our toke be, Bellanaija red carpet mannequin? Pls the magazine should go a do their research well again cos she has no business being their. It’s like putting kim k on d same cover with beyonce……so inappropriate. They had better stay away from the likes of Genevieve and Rita oh cos I can see it’s just another mediocre magazine that won’t even stand the taste of time. Don’t think I would spend my two cents to buy it anyway cos the cover is already an indication that the content will be whacked.

• M January 24, 2016 at 12:52 am

No women from french speaking countries on the Board?? ok….

• CovertNigerian January 24, 2016 at 11:45 am

Did you notice the ‘focus on Nigeria’ part?

• letty January 24, 2016 at 4:10 am

SERIOUSLY PEOPLE THE SHALLOWNESS BEHIND THE SELECTION ..TOKE, LINDA IMEAN SERIOUSLY IS THIS WHAT WE HAVE BECOME IN NIJA…LINDA A SHALLOW GOSSIP MONGERER , AND TOKE WITH A BIG MOUTH AND BIG HAIR…SO THERE ARE NO OTHER MORE SUBSTANTIVE PEOPLE IN NIGERIA?? I MEAN SERIOUSLY… CMON BELLA NAIJA STOP WITH ALL THIS SUPERFICIAL NONSENSE..

• Black Coffee January 24, 2016 at 12:20 pm

Jamie, don’t talk like the ignorant (unless you truly are). I have natural hair but I also have a thyroid problem. My head is covered in bald patches and scalp looks like my knees so I take that natural hair and cover it with wigs to save myself from insults. Does that make me fake?

• Lilo January 24, 2016 at 4:28 pm

The content of Linda Ikeji’s blog is no longer award worthy . She now posts garbage now that her hustling days are behind her. Copying news about gay men from TMZ or Perez Hilton is no longer powerful Biko. It’s ok to shift the accolades to other hardworking bloggers who are working hard to differentiate themselves with brazen content.

Gone are the days when Linda was the first to break that controversial news. Hehe. Now she just wants to make peace with all the toes she stepped on to amass wealth

Thanks you very much.

• She January 24, 2016 at 4:53 pm

I still wait for the day Nigerian women will PROUDLY and CONFIDENTLY wear their natural hair out. We have to realize we aren’t oyibo people and should confidently rock our unique features. To those that would say wearing weave isn’t copying the white man let me as you can you truly and confidently walk out with your God given hair?
    sherijourney.blogspot.com

• Cindy January 24, 2016 at 8:16 pm

Oh pls shut it. I’ve been walking out with my own hair for some time now but that doesn’t mean I’m going to look down on anybody else. Try harder. Mtchew! AwonIAmMorentelligentThanEverybodyElse mofos.

• nk January 24, 2016 at 5:02 pm

Is there ever a category for “HEALTH” in anything….????, whether it is an award being given, or the national budget, or even a message preached at church, nobody has anytime for the health sector……sigh….just an aggrieved female doctor ;-}…. chuckles….all the best to the ladies!

• concerned9ja January 24, 2016 at 8:12 pm

First glance definitely a show of vanity.
    People better send in and vote for worthy nominees known for more worthy causes in all spheres of life not just fashion rags…

• JUSTASKING January 24, 2016 at 8:56 pm

WHERE WILL LINDA IKEJI BE WITHOUT

www. MEDIATAKEOUT COM
    WWW. SANDRAROSE. COM
    WWW. BOSSIP COM
    WWW. YBF. COM
    WWW. PEREZHILTON. COM
    WWW. TMZ. COM
    WW. MIRROR .UK
    WWW NAIJAGISTLIVE COM

And alll the many celerity INSTAGRAM Pages like Tokes Page, Psquare and their Wifes Page, Genevieve Nnajis Page , Funke Akindeles Page even our honourable Veteran RMDs page. Assumings all these sites shut down with no NEWS where wil LINDA STEAL COPY CUT AND PASTE her stories from. I ask a simple QUESTION (for now i will politics and government out this convo. ) BUt answer my question

CONGRATULATIONS FOR YOUR HARD WORK LINDA. THE BLOGGER WITH TWO HEADS MAYBE THREE EVEN.

• Girlie February 15, 2016 at 10:34 am

I have one question for you.

You know all these sites and yet cannot boast of 1/10th her income/net worth?
      You are sad human being that needs deliverance.Stay superMad!
      She has made everyone around her proud ,something your parents or siblings can never EVER get from you.

• JayGeorge January 25, 2016 at 12:54 am

Awon beefs oshi! They always have something to say. *rolls eyes*