Have You Seen “The Revenant”? Leonardo DiCaprio deserves his Elusive Golden Man

The term “revenant” typically describes a returning vengeful spirit. This aptly describes Leonardo DiCaprio’s role in the titular movie.

Inspired by true events, The Revenant is a visceral cinematic experience capturing one man, Hugh Glass’ epic adventure of survival and the portrayal of how extraordinarily powerful the human spirit is. In an expedition of the uncharted American wilderness, legendary explorer Hugh Glass (Leonardo DiCaprio) is brutally attacked by a bear and left for dead by members of his own hunting team. In a quest to survive, Glass endures unimaginable grief as well as the betrayal of his confidant John Fitzgerald (Tom Hardy). Guided by sheer will and the love of his family, Glass must navigate a vicious winter in a relentless pursuit to live and find redemption.

Directed by renowned filmmaker, Alejandro G. Iñárritu, The Revenant is arguably Leonardo DiCaprio’s best performance till date. It completely portrays a balanced mix of emotions and easily takes us on the journey of a man who refused to give up in the face of hurt, pain, betrayal and ultimately, when the odds were against him.

The movie also stars Domhnall Gleeson, Lukas Haas and Will Poulter.

It opened in all cinema houses nationwide (Kada, Filmhouse, Genesis Deluxe, Silverbird, Viva and Lighthouse) on Friday, the 22nd of January 2016. If you are a movie buff, then you NEED to see this flick!

Click HERE to buy Tickets

16 Comments on Have You Seen “The Revenant”? Leonardo DiCaprio deserves his Elusive Golden Man
  • Simplyjane January 23, 2016 at 9:47 am

It’s ‘The Revenant’, Bellanaija

• @edDREAMZ January 23, 2016 at 1:35 pm

Yeah is in my laptop but i havent watched it but i watched “The Danish Girl” instead which is definately an Oscar movie and am currently watching good dinosour….

• Uberhaute looks January 23, 2016 at 1:37 pm

Will definitely watch it

• bruno January 23, 2016 at 5:02 pm

this movie made me roll my eyes more than once.was it sleeping in the belly of a horse pr eating raw meat or getting attacked by a bear. I rolled my eyes through out.

i cant believe leo dicarprio is going to win his Oscar for this movie. he has so many better iconic memorable roles.
    to me he should have won the oscar for wolf of wall Street or what’s eating gilbert grape or even titanic sef.

cat and mouse chase thats the summary of this movie. a very dirty looking leo dicarprio running up and down.

the cinematography and camera work in the movie is beautiful tho.

• A Real Nigerian January 24, 2016 at 10:27 am

Cinematography and camera work are the same thing.

• bii January 23, 2016 at 10:27 pm

Spot on. We have seen LD in more captivating roles. His survival from d bear attack (2ce), the fall from a cliff into a pine tree and to the ground, the several horse chase so close to the natives yet no arrow hit or even before he was washed away by the tide and magically avoids d bullet… actor no dey die anyway. Revenant is all hype .Pity those who went to watch it at d cinema. Almost 3hrs of detail blizzards. U go buy popcorn n water tire. I hope Matt Deamon takes the oscar for the Martian instead. Dats a great great film, with soul.

• ActorNorDeyDieForFilm January 25, 2016 at 12:05 am

Yup my naija peeps… Actor and bose. Actor nor dey die for film. 🙂

• Fyfi Salty January 24, 2016 at 1:06 am

I can’t believe I wasted my precious £10 tonight & 2hrs:30mins of my lovely time…???

• Pee January 24, 2016 at 8:51 am

Bruno, I almost slept off in the cinema hall while seeing this movie. I just kept on asking myself ‘How did he win Golden Globe Awards and get Oscar nominations for acting this movie?’ He has had more intriguing roles in other movies. These days I wonder what’s the criteria for giving awards in the entertainment industry. The cinematography but the movie isn’t worth the hype.

• Huh January 25, 2016 at 12:07 am

My major question is what is the point of this movie?

• kemi January 24, 2016 at 9:13 am

So i slept while i was watching this movie but then the bear attack on Leo woke me up…..the rest of the movie is just boring as hell, yeah the acting was crazy, from eating raw everything but the story is just nothing to write home about.

• Huh January 25, 2016 at 12:08 am

Thank you, I failed to see the point of the movie.

• similicious January 25, 2016 at 12:22 pm

Leo’s performance is great but ‘The Revenant’ failed to engage the audience. However, my picks for the ‘Elusive Golden Man’ is Bryan Cranston for ‘Trumbo’ or Eddie Redmayne for ‘The Danish Girl’

• ednutey January 25, 2016 at 3:58 pm

I know everyone wld like to form ‘film critic’…even those who only saw the trailer, but this movie is one that teaches that inner strength is all u need to get by in life, forget physical challenges, it was as real and as ‘at the edge of ur seat’ as any movie can be, if he rakes all the award in whatever category he’s been nominated for,its not too much.

But pls…dont just come here and form film critic, we know most of u watch nollywood movies so when you see a detailed hollywood movie, you wont be able to appreciate it well enough.

For those who are yet to see the movie, go in with an open mind and be amazed by the movie,really, get ready to be blown away, even the popcorn uld buy sef, u would not be able to finish it cos it would be a distraction at some point.

• Benito January 31, 2016 at 1:17 am

I’m a huge Leonardo DiCaprio fan. This has got to be one of his best performance ever. If you haven’t seen this movie yet please do. So Oscar worthy. And for those of you who say this movie was boring then i think you need to stick with your “nollywood” movies. This movie has you so captivated and on the edge of your seat from beginning to end. I will definitely watch it a 2nd time and own it on DVD

• Okechukwu Ofili February 5, 2016 at 4:07 pm

Brilliant movie. Superb acting. Loved every millisecond of it, and the sound effects … stellar!