Splatters of extra glittery Swarovski embellishments lavishly adorned on lush liquid gold laces, and pearls, generously stitched to the bodice of the dresses, fragile gold discs intricately inserted in pristine white lace and more pearls and even more crystals utterly stitched to the solid blue piece pieces.

The collection—absolutely cohesive with a glamorous story tied neatly with laces in blue, white, gold and silver hues that most accurately convey the designer’s Spring/Summer 2016 vision of endless sophisticated social functions for her next season woman.

Chidinma Obairi might have been going for a “glamorous”, “classic” but with a “modern” spin sort of collection—which is good, as she has clearly done that, but what is even much more exciting about this collection, is that it could have as well been a resort or capsule collection from Zuhair Murad or even Elie Saab—this is how much of a great collection this is. And with the AMVCA’s and AMAA’s in sight, we can’t wait to see what A-list actresses get to snag the first dips on any of these pieces!

image_00011image_00010image_00013image_00014image_00015image_00016image_00017image_00018image_00019image_00020Chidinma Obairi's Spring 2016 Ready To Wear CollectionChidinma Obairi's Spring 2016 Ready To Wear CollectionChidinma Obairi's Spring 2016 Ready To Wear CollectionChidinma Obairi's Spring 2016 Ready To Wear Collection_1Chidinma Obairi's Spring 2016 Ready To Wear Collection

Website: | Instagram: @chidinmaobairi | Email:

Makeup– Bimpe Onakoya for Maybeline
Model – Tansey Coetezee Sodeinde
Photographer – Emmanuel Oyeleke

29 Comments on Chidinma Obairi’s Spring 2016 Ready To Wear Collection Is Literally Red Carpet Ready
  • Titi February 22, 2016 at 9:15 am

Wooowww!!! I really love this collection!!! The white and blue dress ?

• February 22, 2016 at 9:24 am

Beautiful design…curvy model…I love

• beauty February 22, 2016 at 9:28 am

Sexy, classy and refreshing

• keke driver February 22, 2016 at 9:43 am

In Kim’s voice…. “Gorg”

• bruno February 22, 2016 at 9:53 am

basic clothes. there is no design in this collection, only clothes covered in embellishments.
    pls go and find ur voice as a designer and stop trying to be something u are not. there can only be one zuhair or elie.

bellanaija pls why did u hire this richard akuson guy to be ur fashion editor. I can bet he used connection to get this job cause he clearly knows nothing about fashion. we are pushing nigerian designers to be more original in their designs and this mumu fashion editor is praising this designer cause her clothes look like zuhair murad and elie saab.

• Mz Titilitious February 22, 2016 at 10:19 am

ejor e ti poju smh…

• lola February 22, 2016 at 12:03 pm

Lol Bruno. You’re such a joke. What is your issue, the designs or the writer? If you care to know. I think the designs are really nice, especially because they look so luxurious, a thing that eludes many Nigerian designer’s designs, and the writer’s comparison to those other designers i feel is to communicate how good the collection is. So, cut the writer some slack, but now i am thinkin bruno, did u also apply for his job?

• cos is say so February 22, 2016 at 12:22 pm

touche…. lmbao

• jade February 22, 2016 at 12:54 pm

I swear, you must have a miserable life. So, because you are gay, you think u know everything about fashion and women. Just shut up.

This collection is beautiful, many women will themselves wearing it.

• King Bey February 22, 2016 at 10:07 am

It’s well

• Mz Titilitious February 22, 2016 at 10:18 am

i love them all! those gladiators heels omg! i like

• Marc Francis of Chelsea February 22, 2016 at 10:45 am

So basic. These designs are more focused on the fabric and embellishments and where she tries to actually “design” it looks tacky and bulky. The sheer pieces are passé and not very well made and why the hell would they be styled with a black bra? Even some of the embellishments looks like they were sprinkled on carelessly.

• Oma February 22, 2016 at 10:45 am

The model is fiiiineeee

• shady February 22, 2016 at 10:55 am

@Bruno get a life will ya?. U turn ya self to a critic but ur opinion does not count my dear. Been gay does not give u an eye for fashion .I love what I see .

• Olanna&Odenigbo February 22, 2016 at 11:06 am

my biggest challenge is that her central fabric adds bulk. it made d model look bigger….thats kind of fabric is for trimming or specific areas, away from the torso and hips (women’s most likely focal points)…… I would have loved to see it as a giant coat though over a slinky dress…. as far as design, nothing special,…. i love the lace though. cheers.

• styleota February 22, 2016 at 11:57 am

Sexy and classy

• Bbbbbbb February 22, 2016 at 11:57 am

The first one is a winner for me

• Lolade February 22, 2016 at 12:37 pm

• Tee February 22, 2016 at 12:56 pm

I love the fabric, though a bit bulky on model. Some pieces had neat finishing but I cannot see any design work done. It’s just basic without much creativity.

• sika February 22, 2016 at 1:57 pm

So wearable, chic and clean. Good fabric choice for all the dresses.

• beast February 22, 2016 at 3:08 pm

Haba Bruno! the embellishment is the design. I like the model’s facial energy and Richard don’t mind Bruno o, you have been doing a fine job

• Chidinma February 22, 2016 at 3:57 pm

WOW! L-O-V-E-L-Y

• Enny** February 22, 2016 at 4:26 pm

The only thing good to look at here is the model. Speaking of which, she could’nt even bring life to the shoot sef. Everything just flat and boring. Same face, same pose, same everything.
    Nothing to get excited about. next.

• Dee February 22, 2016 at 4:48 pm

As a designer myself, the worst thing I’d want to hear is my pieces look like that of my contemporaries. You guys understand what Bruno is saying. The Nigerian industry needs CREATIVITY. I bet you a very gorgeous cocktail dress or couture gown can be made using african and traditionally Nigerian ideas/culture. It’s a matter of thinking and pushing your mind to the limit. That aside this collection by Chidinma Obairi is BEAUTIFUL. So much better than resort and a return to form for her. She really impressed with her 2014/2015 holiday collection and she does even more so here.

• Mr x February 22, 2016 at 5:13 pm

BN pls employ bruno…i tink if he has a job he wud get use his energy more wisely…i tink he has som amount of intelect tho.

• Segi February 22, 2016 at 8:48 pm

Love them all, fresh collection!

• tracy February 23, 2016 at 12:19 am

outstanding dresses!!! i love this collection.

• Ade February 23, 2016 at 6:00 am

Just want to know where to get these dresses. Thanks

• Tutu February 25, 2016 at 9:06 pm

All I want to know is where can I get these dresses. I love every single piece and it’s not on her website.