In 2014 James C. Lewis made an amazing exhibition of “African Orishas” with the world as he paid homage to African deities through his art.

Click here if you missed it.

Even though these were also released in 2014, we just stumbled on yet another set of amazing photos by the photographer and we had to share.

James C. Lewis of Noire3000 has a series of photos that depict some of the most famous Bible characters as people of African and Middle Eastern origins.

The series features over 80 models who identify as Asian, Native American, Hispanic, African, Middle Eastern, Black American and West Indian.

According to him, “I think it is very important to see one’s self in the scripture so that it may become real in our eyes. The whitewashing of the Bible has always bothered me. However I’m happy to now have the opportunity to give a different point of view. I wish to exhibit a splash of color onto the biblical pages of history with my creative embellishments. By doing so I hope to open the minds and eyes of the ignorant and create open conversations of how we can learn to see the world through colorful lenses. After all, the Gospel of Jesus Christ is intended for everyone.”

The exhibition is called “Icons of the Bible”.

See more of his photos below.

Adam & Eve Abraham Cain & Abel Isaac Esau Jacob Job King David Angel Gabriel Mary & Joseph The Magi Bathsheba Delilah Ezekiel John The Baptist Joseph Judas King Saul King Solomon Mary & Martha Moses Noah Pharaoh Queen Esther Queen Jezebel Queen Vashti Rahab Simon Peter The Woman with the Issue of Blood Jesus Christ

Photo Credit: Pinterest

124 Comments on If Icons of the Bible were Black! See Atlanta Photographer James C. Lewis’ Exhibition
  • Ginika February 13, 2016 at 10:06 am

My only problem is them portraying Jesus as a rastafari, looking like he just finished smoking a joint and like he smokes all day, every day… ?

• Natu February 13, 2016 at 10:50 am

Are you for real? Locs is a traditional African style that our ancestors wore. It signified power and strength. What is wrong with you Africans? Mental slavery is so sad. Please unchained your mind.

• Iya February 13, 2016 at 12:35 pm

Natu what is wrong with you? You ALWAYS seem so bitter and hateful in every comment you make on this site. Relax… It’s actually NEVER that serious…xox

• Natu February 13, 2016 at 1:52 pm

@iya I am not angry contrary to your belief. I was just educating the chick. We need to change the way we view blackness. Black is beauty and we should all embrace it!!
        #emancipateyourmind #blackgirlmagic

• Lilly February 13, 2016 at 2:44 pm

Natu Shutup
        Evidently you are definitely not african and dont know what you are talking about. Talking about our ancestors. Whose ancestors wore dreadlocks and when? 🙂 immediately they start talking using the word ancestors you know who they are

And while am at it let me educate you, we africans don’t know anything about your Kwanzaa or jumping a broom. Stop letting CNN educate you. Or blabbing your mouth to what you know nothing about

• Ginika February 13, 2016 at 3:31 pm

Nwannem, chill. I am ‘woke’. If you had taken the time to comprehend my sentence, if you would have noticed I said the ‘only’ problem I had was that he looked like a rastafari and like he smoked all day, everyday. Esau, angel gabriel etc. had locs in the pic and I had no problem with that but Jesus looks like a weed head in this pic. No offence to those that are fans of the ‘holy’ herb.

• Natu February 13, 2016 at 3:37 pm

@lily where in my comment did I mention kwanza? Your education system has really failed you. The ashantis and mendes of west africa wore locs. The maasai warriors wore locs. The himbas in Namibia wore Locs. The nubians in East Africa wore Locs. Kindly educate yourself because being ignorant ain’t cute.

• ElessarisElendil February 13, 2016 at 8:10 pm

Please show me one single drawing or picture of our ancestors with dreadlocks. A single one, ironic that you’re perpetuating the stereotype of Africans, historiographers have tried so hard to dispel.

• ElessarisElendil February 13, 2016 at 8:13 pm

Yup this picture of the Asantehene clearly shows him with his locs. Quit with the stereotypes.

They’re literally thousands of pictures showing Africans most of them maintained a crew cut.

• ATL’s finest February 13, 2016 at 9:53 pm

@ Natu smh! One heffa that has been BullS**ing since the year she was born.. I can’t even imagine & I can’t deal.

• Receive sense Ginika February 13, 2016 at 12:51 pm

Your ignorance is grade A++

• Mz_Danielz February 13, 2016 at 1:19 pm

If Jesus was a Nazarene, then no Razor touched his head.

Btw, Pharohs were black.

• zzz February 13, 2016 at 5:29 pm

Jesus is from Nazareth, not a Nazarene like Samson, all this people that don’t read their bible. Jewish men had short hair in first century Judea, a quick research would correct these mistakes.

• Shamar May 3, 2016 at 7:56 pm

Jesus was a Nazarite not a NAZARENE.

• orange February 13, 2016 at 1:32 pm

Actually Darling , the bible describe Jesus as a man with Bronze skin and Wool hair.. so the black rastafari is a perfect description of Jesus

• orange February 13, 2016 at 1:44 pm

The bible described Jesus as a man with bronze skin and hair like wool . So this kinda fits the description of Jesus..

• ElessarisElendil February 13, 2016 at 8:16 pm

Ham you realise is like Oduduwa, semi mythical. Now back to actual history, the Semitic were not Negro black, they looked like Arabs.

• Dtruth February 13, 2016 at 1:47 pm

GINIKA…You are so shallow……the original hebrews had locks…..go and see a jew today they try to have locks on their hair….when you were told Samson’s hair was not supposed to be cut what do you think they were referring to??? Your a typical example of classical conditioning in psychology…..You cant get over the color childrens bible story book u read as a child with images of fake white blonde hair blue eyed caucasian Jesus…..Wake up….Ur God aint white and nothing wrong in smoking weed either

• Manny February 13, 2016 at 5:10 pm

the original hebrews had locks?? Stop stretching the truth biko. Not every hebrew? took a nazirite vow.

• Idomagirl February 13, 2016 at 2:15 pm

The locs are fitting because Jesus was a Nazarene like Samson and no blade touched their hair.
      The problem is that many of us tend to have a negative view of locs for a variety of reasons and not everyone with locs is a pothead.

• mindyourbeeswax February 13, 2016 at 9:45 pm

Jesus was a Nazarene because he was from Nazareth , but he was NOT a Nazarite. Being a Nazarite had nothing to do with location, but was a specific title for someone abiding by a specific code of conduct to show their dedication to God. Jesus drank wine which Nazarites were not allowed to do so :/

• Tosin February 13, 2016 at 2:56 pm

I’m not mad at you, but Jesus pretty much what you described. Almost always chill, full of way-out-there ideas, his answer to everything was like yo, love one another mennn. What d’you think he wore a suit and tie? Pro’bly grew his own.

Lord forgive me.

• Ginika February 13, 2016 at 3:25 pm

Hahahahahahaha!!! Voltrons, defenders of the universe, chill!

All your comments are funny, my problem wasnt with the locs but with the fact that he looks like he smokes alot of weed, you know, a smokers lips. Anyway, it is not that serious.

• Ona February 13, 2016 at 4:39 pm

U look very silly trying to backtrack. Stand in ur ignorance or admit to ur ignorance u flipflopper. U clearly attributed him looking like a weed smoker to the dreads. If it was a josh or a jose, would u have made that ignorant ass comment about him looking like a weed smoker? Its honestly sad how much the media has brainwashed u to debase ur own natural features. The ironic part is that u have very typical black features; dark skin, big nose, afro and dark lips…..is it ok for the world to assume ure a chronic weed smoker?

• mie February 13, 2016 at 3:48 pm

well….he was a Nazarene…and they weren’t meant to cut their hair innit? :/ He doesn’t look he just smoked joint (IMO)..that bit your mind probably added thanks to the usual view/story we have of rastafarians. Besides, Archangel “Rasta” Gab was dripping swagu as far as I was concerned 😀

• mindyourbeeswax February 13, 2016 at 9:46 pm

Nazarene =/= Nazarite

• Ona February 13, 2016 at 4:33 pm

Argggh: so much ignorance. Uve obviously been brainwashed to attribute ur natural black features to negativity. I know the dreadlocks arent ur only problem, u just cant reconcile seeing black people being used to represent biblical characters. I personally love the fact that they represented Jesus Christ with dreadlocks. Powerful!

• Ginika February 14, 2016 at 2:24 pm

@Ona….LMBAO! He still looks like he just smoked a joint to me. I actually loved the photoshoot until I got to the last one and I saw those dark lip, I am sorry (not really) but he still looks like a weed head to me! And no, I don’t imagine Jesus to be a blond hair blue eyed man.

• Manny February 13, 2016 at 5:11 pm

Ginika I get where you are coming from. The locs are not the problem. This their Jesus is too sexy, sue me.
      He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.

• Nahum February 13, 2016 at 6:59 pm

Are you for real? That is a natural hairstyle. It does not signify weed smoking at all

• Smackdown February 13, 2016 at 9:44 pm

Let me settle this fight once and for all. Archeologists found mummies from ancient egypt with dreadlocks. Check them out here mathildasanthropologyblog.wordpress.com/2008/07/21/mummies-and-mummy-hair-from-ancient-egypt/ Scroll down to the black and white photos. These mummies are thousands of years old

• Ch February 15, 2016 at 11:58 am

@Ginika, very wrong of you to make a stereotypical judgement of all Rastafarians. I’m calling you out here….you are so wrong

• Yaphia` bar Ya`aqob haLewi July 17, 2016 at 12:21 am

Not particularly aimed at the responder nor are Greek Scriptures of any real significance to understanding Israel & Judah but the Nazir vow required no comb scissors or razor touch the head hair for a minimum of 30 days. It was called naziruth not dreadlocks. The Mau Mau had a similar vow yet it is not customary in any general African community to have unkempt hair
      Many mistake braids for locs
      However, John the Baptist was a nazir.

• tosin February 13, 2016 at 10:23 am

Love it.

• Keuka February 13, 2016 at 5:00 pm

Lmao Judas looks igbo.

• Iris February 13, 2016 at 8:38 pm

Lmbao. Gerrarrahere men.
        For some reason Mary and Martha crack me up. They look like serious tatafos.

• ATL’s finest February 14, 2016 at 11:31 am

??????????who sent u with that comment? Oh BN FAM E-hug

• HerExcellence February 13, 2016 at 10:35 am

I agree with king David and Solomon. However,Delilah doesn’t look like a temptress up there. Bathsheba looked more like d temptress. And my beloved Jesus portrayed like that?? Mbanu! D face no soft at all.

• ElessarisElendil February 13, 2016 at 10:49 am

Huh??????????? Sorry I just came to say that Bathsheba ain’t seducing nobody while complimenting Delilah’s hotness. Taste really does differ.

• Natu February 13, 2016 at 10:51 am

Do you want to see jesus with blond hair and blue eyes? Please unchained your minds!!!!

• Receive sense Ginika February 13, 2016 at 12:53 pm

Nne help me ask them. They are forever happy with bowing down to a white man when Jesus isn’t even white to begin with.

• Ginika February 13, 2016 at 3:33 pm

Defender of the universe, take your time to understand the sentences written, I swear you are reading upside down!

• Anon February 13, 2016 at 11:51 pm

Natu mumu, stop writing unchained your mind oh! Mumu looks cool on you though

• lara February 13, 2016 at 11:54 pm

But Natu, you really cannot say: ‘unchained your mind.’ You’ve said this twice now. This is unacceptable! You are too smart for that kind of grammar, Nne.

• ATL’s finest February 14, 2016 at 11:35 am

Lmao??? how about u Unchain your own mind first… For someone that act so smart, Masters on board etc Bye Girl with that ‘Unchained’ grammar of yours.

• Noname February 13, 2016 at 10:45 am

Maybe they were all truly black. Story for another day. Lol.

• ElessarisElendil February 13, 2016 at 10:51 am

They weren’t. They were Semitic.

• orange February 13, 2016 at 1:42 pm

Ham was black and he was Semitic.. I bet Ham wasn’t the only son of Abraham that was black.. Remember that the Arabs mixed with Egyptians and Semitics.. hence the sudden exotic looks of most Egyptians

• Ashley B February 14, 2016 at 2:41 am

hey u,

• prince February 13, 2016 at 10:46 am

This guy is amazingly creative. I love love it.
    King Solo, no wonder you get that number of concubines, that dude is hot.
    Arch Angel Gabriel, the females angels are in trouble.
    Joseph and Sal are cutie.
    They all look fabulous.

• Enn February 13, 2016 at 1:02 pm

lool…there is no gender among angels tho.

• serious February 13, 2016 at 2:55 pm

Oh yes there is. Why did you think the bible said they took the form of men and had babies with women that became giants?

• OBSERVE February 13, 2016 at 10:47 am

Queen Esther should ve bn used as deli lah

• Tinuade February 13, 2016 at 10:48 am

Wow….I love it

• Enny** February 13, 2016 at 11:56 am

If Delilah was black that means she relaxed her hair. smh. And i like to believe Mary from mary and martha was hotter than that. Im actually crushing on angel gabriel

• Krasavitsa February 13, 2016 at 4:40 pm

Sisteh, it’s not only you. Angel Gabe can totally get it. I’m willing to have a giant baby.

• keke driver February 13, 2016 at 12:12 pm

Damn these dudes are H O T

• ATL’s finest February 13, 2016 at 12:19 pm

LOVEEE IT…. *hats off*???

• Iya February 13, 2016 at 12:37 pm

Angel Gabriel… I see you…:-)

• Taj February 13, 2016 at 12:37 pm

I see more mixed raced and light skinned people rather than blacks. Also John the baptist was on a perpetual diet, this portrayal of him is too fat…It seem we are in always in a haste to push things out, its better to take the time to bring out great work. This is good but definitely not believable. Good idea, average delivery…Taj

• Idomagirl February 13, 2016 at 2:21 pm

Lightskinned people are not black? Or you’re one of those who think only people with Viola Davis’ complexion are qualified to be black?

They’re all black abeg. We come in different shades and skintones, no one is blacker than the other because of their complexion.
      That’s the beauty of our diversity.

• Mz_danielz February 13, 2016 at 3:10 pm

My dear, when I saw the light skinned Mary, I prayed no anti- light skinned activist will notice but alas.

I’m light skinned and all my ancestors as far as I can remember are blacks oh #lightskinnedpeepsareblackstoo

• Taj February 13, 2016 at 9:25 pm

No one said that, if its a black shoot stick to darkskin…mind you am as fair as they come. Dumbass

• Taj February 13, 2016 at 9:26 pm

Dont be silly!

• Ona February 13, 2016 at 4:46 pm

Ignoramus number 2. U and sister ginika up there should become besties. So as i light so, im not m qualified to represent a full blooded black woman? Unu di egwu!

• Taj February 13, 2016 at 9:24 pm

You are the ignorant and obviously jobless and lazy. Am also lightskinned Bish! ..Taj

• jwezee February 13, 2016 at 1:03 pm

Oh yeaaah.. I luv me some king David.. * fans self*

• Enn February 13, 2016 at 1:04 pm

I love this, creativity on fleek…makes the bible stories and characters a bit more relatable for me.

• billy jeans February 13, 2016 at 1:08 pm

they got Judas… see his greedy eyes, lol. cool concept!!

• j’suis belle February 13, 2016 at 1:10 pm

interesting Esther looks royal she’s the bomb but i prefer bathsheba’s looks

• j’suis belle February 13, 2016 at 1:13 pm

bible says vashti was fairest than them all even including esther so why is this picture not doing her justice?

• Esther February 13, 2016 at 1:14 pm

Wow. So creative. Jesus of Nazareth I.e no blade touched his hair. He is perfectly portrayed here. His hair is kinky African hair, did u think it would be long and flowing? And FYI, locs should not be seen as dirty and for weed smokers. They are actually cool. We shld stop believing the stereotypical portrayal of loced people. Locs are beautiful and deeply rooted in our culture. It’s not a fad either. Esther looks more like a Delilah sha o and vice-versa. All in all, thumbs up!!

• Esther February 13, 2016 at 1:26 pm

Wow. So creative. Jesus of Nazareth I.e no blade touched his hair. He is perfectly portrayed here. His hair is kinky African hair, did u think it would be loose and flowing? It’s either this or a big afro .And FYI, locs should not be seen as dirty and for weed smokers. They are actually cool. We shld stop believing the stereotypical portrayal of loced people by white folks. Locs are beautiful and deeply rooted in our culture. It’s not a fad either. Esther looks more like a Delilah sha o and vice-versa. All in all, thumbs up!!

• magbegor zino February 13, 2016 at 1:44 pm

Extremely creative. I love it!

• DD February 13, 2016 at 1:47 pm

king solomon,(was wealthy he would have been him look rich, simple and not like a character from 300 spartan etc… adam and eve and Ezekiel look alll types of wrong… Delilah should have been fiercely beautiful, her eyes , face and a bit sneaky.

• S M H 4 Dayz February 13, 2016 at 1:54 pm

I’m sorry but I find this so blasphemous. #stopeeeeeettttt!

• Idomagirl February 13, 2016 at 2:22 pm

Why? Would you find it less blasphemous if they were depicted as Caucasian like they have been throught much of history?

• Natu February 13, 2016 at 2:32 pm

You better preach!!!! She will happier if they were depicted as whites. Bunch of coons!!!

• just saying February 13, 2016 at 2:28 pm

Why do you say so. Ignorance has been the real problem of Africans. So, it is OK to use pictures of the Roman emperors son as the picture of baby Jesus and a Caucasian man as Jesus when it’s clear in the bible that his skin was as bronze and hair as wool.
      The truth is this- it doesn’t matter what you think Jesus looks like, just believe he is the Lord and saviour of all mankind.

• Ona February 13, 2016 at 4:50 pm

Ignoramus number 3, ngwa join ginika and co up there! slavery mentality toh bad!

• Taj February 13, 2016 at 9:28 pm

You are obviously the ignorant one…You are obviously jobless. Your arguments are weak and stupid. FOH

• dtruth February 13, 2016 at 5:33 pm

S M H 4 Dayz equals ODE

• Bolu February 14, 2016 at 12:44 am

@aol Really? But its not blasphemous when the devil is portrayed as black? The human race needs healing. LOL

• Bolu February 14, 2016 at 12:50 am

@smh i mean”t. Auto correct na wa

• @edDREAMZ February 13, 2016 at 1:57 pm

No black woman there though….. This guy dey do ojoro abeg…..

• Idomagirl February 13, 2016 at 2:16 pm

Did you look at all the pictures?

• Taiwo February 15, 2016 at 4:05 pm

His phone is faulty no doubt.

• just saying February 13, 2016 at 2:20 pm

That’s the historic way Africans kept their hair before the westerners came with all the colonisation of the black man. Look up historic pictures. Look up ancient Egyptian pictures etc

• ElessarisElendil February 13, 2016 at 8:19 pm

The Egyptians preferred wigs. As for historic way “Africans” kept their hair, thousands of groups different hair styles. Stereotypes people, quit it.

• ElessarisElendil February 13, 2016 at 8:21 pm

Plus you know the Egyptians have not been “African” for a very very very very very very very(you get the point) long time. Africans really need to let Egypt go, compared to Mesopotamia, Greece, China, the Indus or hell even the Olmecs, it was a very meh civilisation. Mediocre.

• Tosin February 14, 2016 at 10:04 am

love Egypt.
        one love.

• Idomagirl February 13, 2016 at 2:24 pm

• Tosin February 13, 2016 at 2:51 pm

me toooooo
      and love how he found so many female characters to use too. na microscope him use be that. Love this, and loved the Orisha series. Thank y’all for bringing it to us joo. Una be my bae.

criticism time: King David was probably not cut and ripped oh. he was a music-loving poet, more thinker than doer, so probably slight-framed guy.

• Anon February 13, 2016 at 3:03 pm

I’m just here for Angel Gabriel! ? ?

• Puzzles February 13, 2016 at 4:40 pm

Great pictures! However…

From the comments, it seems most of u do not know the difference between a Nazarene and a Nazarite.
    A Nazarene is someone from the town of Nazareth. A Nazarite on the hand is someone under a special vow which included rules such as no cutting of hair, no drinking of wine, etc.

There are only three persons in the bible who were Nazarites from birth: Samson, Samuel and John the baptist. Samson’s mother was given instructions by an angel regarding her son, Hannah, Samuel’s mother, gave her son as a vow to God, and Zechariah was given instructions regarding his son, John the Baptist by angel Gabriel.

Jesus on the other hand was not a Nazarite. He was Jesus, the Nazarene, a person from the town of Nazareth, so this protrayal of Jesus is wrong. Notice that Mary, the mother of Jesus, was not given the same instruction as was given to Zechariah, the father of John the baptist, by angel Gabriel

Also, on Vashti and Esther, i think Esther should have been used for Vashti instead because she looks proud just like Vashti in the bible.

• Manny February 14, 2016 at 12:02 am

Thank you jare! Everyone speaking with confidence about how Jesus was a Nazirite because he was from Nazareth. Two different things!!!

• Woahh,,, February 13, 2016 at 4:46 pm

Cliche, I know but mehnn,,, Black is Beauriful. #Dayum

• Niyoola February 13, 2016 at 5:05 pm

That Angel can get it!
    Delilah looks too regular jor.
    Joseph was on point.
    Wasn’t Noah an Albino?
    Simon Peters robe looks like Sultana.
    I don’t like David ….. he doesn’t look passionate enough. Someone who was the King of Praise.

• Nakoms February 13, 2016 at 5:10 pm

Rather than potray biblican characters as black why dont we concentrate on trruly african characters.

Our history and mythology is replete with 100% authentic African characters from Oduduwa to Queen Amina of Zaria, from the Ogisos of the Benin empire to the Nupe women warriors who fought as fiercely as the men against Fulbe conquerors who raided in search of women slaves and cattle.

I think there are very fresh and authentic materials for artists to work with but what do we do, we look at our world through the eyes of the west and tell over-flogged stories

• Half God…. Half Goddess February 13, 2016 at 5:49 pm

Bathsheba, your weave is bae…. Contour on point ?
    Pharoah looks like DMX…
    O Kiiiiiiiiing Solomon ?
    Jesus…. errm I really like locs. ?

• Adaeze Writes February 13, 2016 at 6:45 pm

Wow! These pictures are so nice. I like Jesus Christ, King Solomon, Bathsheba, in fact I like them all.

For amazing stories, visit adaezewrites.com

• Nahum February 13, 2016 at 7:09 pm

Lots of very colonized minds. We Africans really need a reorientation. Someone even called this blasphemy!!!! This is beautiful and it is even more accurate than what we have been taught. Why do we associate anything black to mean bad? Maybe that is why we are so quick to burn our shrines to the ground for our Pastors sake but when Isis blows up shrines in Iraq we lament.

• Akpeno February 13, 2016 at 7:20 pm

Angel Gab gave me unholy deep feelings kai if they really look(ed) like this nsogbu di o! No wonder those giant baby having females could not resist kai! Kai! Kai!

• Ephi February 13, 2016 at 8:59 pm

So very creative..,
    If I had a choice, I would swap a couple of characters though. Bathsheba –> Esther and Esther –> Vashti

• babygiwa February 13, 2016 at 10:12 pm

Well done to the shoot director but this is a very average delivery.
    Joseph posing like that? He wasn’t proud. Esther had very humble beginnings, she wouldn’t have looked like that, no softness. David was the man after God’s heart, he was the praise general, he should have looked more passionate and meek. Delilah does not look like Delilah, Jezebel was nice but the best for me was Mary. Go peep her facial expression, she looked like someone in awe, someone that believed what the angle told her about the baby she is to bring forth and like a woman that has totally submitted herself to the will of God. For that alone, well done!

• babygiwa February 13, 2016 at 10:13 pm

• Tolu February 13, 2016 at 10:48 pm

Who the f##k is this Natu of a person spewing trash up and down? Madam go and read your history books properly and grab Queen premier while u are at it. #stupidgirl

• ATL’s finest February 14, 2016 at 11:36 am

@ Tolu ????????? U must be knew on BN not to know this Natu of a girl. Na small U Don see!

• May February 13, 2016 at 11:04 pm

Geez! I read almost all the comments, learnt alot tho. Locs or no Locs, I got the msg #shikena

• Bolu February 14, 2016 at 12:55 am

Jacobs cheek bone is gorg.

• Bii February 14, 2016 at 8:55 am

Na wa, so tey u allow `locs` steal the show from Rehab the Harlots. Damn. Those two spies she hid had better confess

• Ashley B February 14, 2016 at 10:37 am

hey u,

By the way,the people are semites!!! Semitic refer to several groups of people, including Babylonians, Assyrians, Arabs and Jews. Whilst Sadly enough, anti-Semitic only refers to Jews?(powers that be have managed)

• lex February 14, 2016 at 11:25 am

Can we not be civil in our conversations? Too much hate and forwardness.. There’s a moral to his art which hasn’t been the debate up here. Our real history as black people has been shortchanged and hidden and for what reason ? Who exactly are the white people and what’s there true origin? The artist meant to inspire consciousness of that degree not all these same petty chewing at each other that betrays our ignorance at the very least. These pictures are controversial and awakening and the world (especially whites) will flock to this site (forum) to see what we really understood and think and this is all they find? Cheap banter and pointless arguments? Please friends, I dare you to raise the bar and bring in insightful opinions. Happy val tho.

• Rhecks February 14, 2016 at 1:43 pm

I think Delilah looks too innocent here…. Angel Gabriel la hawwttt! Gosh!

• ElessarisElendil February 14, 2016 at 3:13 pm

Ashley b:

relating to or denoting a family of languages that includes Hebrew, Arabic, and Aramaic and certain ancient languages such as Phoenician and Akkadian, constituting the main subgroup of the Afro-Asiatic family.
    relating to the peoples who speak Semitic languages, especially Hebrew and Arabic.

Sometimes let’s try Google first.

• Ashley B April 10, 2016 at 12:45 pm

So wat ikzactly new or contradictory has ur google search served up? I simply cleared up who a semite was and what the term ”Semitic” and ”anti-semitic” meant politically these days. Its people, not language as u have ignorantly copied ur understanding from ur 1st google search of the word. Abeg park well!! If the word Semitic referred or had its emphasis on language, then y is it that the term anti-semitic typically referred to Hatred against Jews!! y is it not hatred against the Arabic people of saudi arabia or the arabs in North Africa then, as ur senseless generalized google observation chalked up!!

if your looking for cheap shots, or some1 to troll, i’m sorry I’m not that guy.! If u wanna contribute to d thread, pls do so intelligently wid ur 2 cents. dont just call pple that know what they talkin about out, all in the name of proving u can successfully conduct a search on google. Even if it means u dont understand what u have just goggled. #Clown

I’m patiently awaiting ur come back!! #smh

• anonymous February 14, 2016 at 4:26 pm

Lwkmd…..zero chill on here…..

• Gboju February 15, 2016 at 9:22 am

i think Esther shld have been Delilah….

• nunulicious February 15, 2016 at 10:25 am

But it wasn’t three magi. There were just wise men from the east who brought three gifts…

• maamek February 15, 2016 at 12:53 pm

ermmm please as a kid i was made to believe that Jezebel had long nails and weird makeup ,,,,how true was it?anyway i love the whole concept…this Jezebel is a fine woman but without her “long nails” lol and i soo love Mary and joseph plus JESUS CHRIST…

• ZBLL February 15, 2016 at 4:03 pm

The third magi tho?

• Adjustment February 15, 2016 at 6:28 pm

Goliath could have definitely been a black men due to most accounts of him portrayed him as a giant slVe warrior than an actual personality, (black people till date we barely have personalities we just De follow follow!)

ADAM AND EVE = def black people. Careless rhetorical GED repetitive mistakes right up our alley.

ABRAHAM = Looks more like method-man’ the wise.

CAIN = was defiantly a west AFRICAN while Abel was prob Habesha/ethiopian. Stupid petulant jealousy and hanging on to qualms right up west AFRICAN alley.

ISAAC = Could have definately been a black man. A dreamer by nature and a long awaited son good for only god knows what.

ESAU = Was definately a black man. Even Abraham fell in love with his physical prowess. But had no strength in spirituality. Sounds like the perfect west AFRICAN.

JACOB – was a jelous under gifted looser. INFACT the model depicted for Esau and Jacob should have been reversed. Jacob was a weak sissy mamas boy. He was prob a ‘jelous’ Somalian.

ARCH ANGEL GABRIEL = looks like he is fuccin stoned! He looks like Bob marley reencarnated.

Judah = was definately a caucasian. Weak fragile can’t be trusted. Always LOOKIN to save his own pathetic cause of existence.

NOAH = CUDNT have been black on the account no black men can swim!

Pharaoh = CUDNT have been black otherwise he would have also brought some good in this world. He was a skinny serpent jelous individual, most prob a somalia.

Jesus Christ = was HABESHA for sure.

• Shamar May 3, 2016 at 8:01 pm

Esau is not a shade of brown. He is a so-called white man. Genesis 25:21-25 explains that he was Red (the blood showed through his skin) and hairy like a goat. When Rebekah disguised Jacob in order to steal the blessing from his father Isaac, she put Goat hair on Jacob (Genesis 27:11-16).