ESE-ORUSUEse Oruru has granted her first full interview after her ordeal where she was kidnapped and forced to convert to Islam, and reportedly raped resulting in a pregnancy, now 5 months along. She says she was never officially married – she did not have a ceremony.

Speaking with Daily Sun newspaper at a private residence in Abuja, the 14 year old girl, “who now has a deep Hausa accent and speaks Hausa very fluently”, said she was forced to speak Hausa, as everybody around her could speak only the language.

Sun reports that during the interview, “she appeared a little unstable. She said she missed her mother’s cooking, even as she expressed fear that her parents might decide to punish her for leaving home.”

Here’s an excerpt from their talk with the teen – she talks about her time at the Emir of Kano’s palace, and refutes the claim that her captor – alleged to be a Yunusa AKA Yellow, was her boyfriend who she ran away with.

***

How did you meet Yinusa?
We sell food in Bayelsa; so they, Yellow and his other people, used to come and buy food from us.

People say he is your boyfriend. Is this true?
No, he is not my boyfriend. Like I told you, we sell food in Bayelsa, and so, he used to come and buy food from us. He is not the only one; they are many and I used to play with all of them like my own brothers because they buy food from us. I sell food to them just like that.

Can you remember the day he took you from Bayelsa to Kano? How did it happen?
I don’t know.

Did he tell you that you were traveling to Kano?
No. We didn’t go with his Keke (tricycle). His keke, is at home.

Did he come to the house to carry you?

So, how did you travel to Kano?
I just followed him. I don’t know how I followed him.

People believe that you decided to run away with him because you love him and want to marry him at all cost.
I know that we used to play with all of them, our customers that come to buy food from our shop. There is nobody that is different. I sell food to all of them and I laugh with all of them.

So, you just started staying with him like that?
We travelled to Kura the next day with one man like that. He is the chief of the town. When we got there, they took me to one place and there they gave me hijab; they put it on me. And after that, they took me to one house in Kura. And from there on Monday, in the morning, we went back to the Emir’s Palace in Kano; then in the afternoon, we travelled back to Kura, to stay in the house.

What did you all go to do at the Emir’s Palace?
At the Emir’s Palace, they were asking him questions. They did not talk to me. They did not ask me anything, but they were asking him. Then they were speaking in Hausa language and I did not understand the language very well that time; so I didn’t understand what they were saying.

Was it at the Emir’s Palace that you first saw your mother?
Yes. I saw her, but I was not able to talk to her. I was just looking at her and she was crying. I just looked at her. I did not know her and I did not talk to her.

Did you recognise her as your mother?
I don’t know. I looked at her and she was crying.

But when you saw her on Tuesday at the Police Force Headquarters in Abuja, did you recognise her as your mother?

While you were away in Kano, they said you got married. Is this true?

Was there any marriage ceremony?
No, I did not get married to anybody.

But did they convert you to a Muslim?

How did that happen?
They took me to one place. Before they took me from the house to Kura, they put me in hijab, then we went to Kura. When we got there, they went to one place, and one old man came there and he would say something and they would say I should repeat. Then I would repeat. If the man said something again, they would say I should repeat and I would repeat just like that.

So, that was how you got converted?

There is also this rumour that it was one old man that actually married you and not Inuwa. Is this true?
I did not get married to anybody.

Did they give you any medicine?
Medicine? I don’t know. But if they put it in water or food… They used to give me something, but I don’t know if it is water they used to prepare it. But if I am not well, they would buy medicine for me and I would take. But it was not those types of native medicine. It was from the pharmacy.

Are you happy reuniting with your family?
Yes, I am happy to go back to my family.

How do you feel now?
I don’t know how I feel, but I just look calm. I don’t know what to do.

Do you regret what has happened to you?

How?
I don’t know, but I have caused my mother a lot of trouble and put her into problem.

If you see Yinusa now, what would you tell him?
I tell you I’m confused. I don’t know what to do (then she started crying).

What were you doing when you were in Kano?
Nothing.

You mean you just stayed in the house from morning till night?
Yes. I did not do anything.

I can see that you now speak Hausa language very well.
Yes. I can speak Hausa very, very well.

Were you speaking Hausa before you left for Kano?

So, how did you come about it? Did they teach you?
No. It is because the people there speak only Hausa. They don’t understand English. And when they spoke, I didn’t understand; so I tried and struggled so I could understand what they were saying and communicate with them. That was how I learnt the language.

They call you Aisha. Didn’t you tell them that’s not your name?
I answered it like that.

What’s your real name?
Rita.

How would you relate with your other siblings when you get back home?
I don’t even know. I have a feeling that they would do something to me for this thing that has happened.

Like what?
I don’t know if my mother will beat me when we get home for what has happened because she may think that I know everything that happened to me.
I don’t think she would do that, considering all the efforts she put to get you back home.
(Then the mother assured her that she would do no such thing, saying she was filled with gladness for seeing her alive).

What is your favourite subject in school?
Mathematics.

And what do you hope to become in future?
I hope to go back to school and become a nurse in the future.

Your brother said you are a good Christian and member of the Scripture Union in your school and that you used to preach to people. Is this true?
(Smiles) Yes. Yes, I am in the SU, but they took it to the senior students and the senior students started misbehaving. So, we in the junior class took our own to a different level to sanitise the whole thing. We hold our fellowship in our class and go out for evangelism.

What is your advice to young girls like you out there, considering what you have gone through?
They should be careful.

How?
They should be careful with the people they play with or talk with, because it’s not everybody that is good.
What is your appeal to your parents since you are afraid they are going to beat you?
I don’t know what to do. I am confused. I don’t know what really happened to me and I don’t even know where I am. But I know that she is my mother.

What did you miss most while in Kano?
I missed my mother’s cooking. She used to cook sweet food for me; so I missed good food.

Does it mean you were not eating good food?
Yes, I was only eating rice and bread.

What would you want your mother to cook for you when you get home?
Banga soup and starch.

Source: Daily Sun

82 Comments on Ese Oruru Cries as She Recounts Her Kidnap & Ordeal in 1st Full Interview – “I don’t know how I feel, but I just look calm”
  • Rose March 3, 2016 at 7:17 pm

I have no words…I don’t even know how to feel….but this man and all those involved in this hideous crime deserve life imprisonment…? I pray that the good Lord heals this girl from such terror…and that she gets all the help she needs.

• Caligula March 3, 2016 at 9:07 pm

Sorry but I don’t think she was hypnotized.. Keep that ish all the way real. -_-

It seems as though she had a crush on the ‘yunusa’ guy who was older than she was and she started messing around with him (sex, hooking up etc). that one probably convinced her to run away with him and she did. She’s still young so Her naïveté is kinda of understandable. I blame Yunusa and I also blame her parents. Like they’re the adults here. You don’t leave your child around any dudes all willy-nilly like that unless you want her to get molested or more. I also blame all the moronic adults around that were encouraging Yunusa to keep defiling an underage girl. Damn fools, all of them.. ?

• Celeste March 3, 2016 at 10:32 pm

It doesn’t matter if she had a crush on him. What matters is that she was abducted and sexually abused and impregnated at 13. Yunusa should not have done all that even if she was running after him. She is a minor, period!

You don’t believe she was hypnotized, but I tell you that we living in the north knows its real.

• jummai March 4, 2016 at 8:19 am

You obviously don’t have a daughter for you to talk like this.

• Celeste March 4, 2016 at 10:08 am

There’s however, no proof that she was crushing on Yunusa. We haven’t heard so from a reliable source, rather, its coming from people that in desperate attempt to defend and protect their regional and religious interests, twist facts to exonerate a paedophile, a child sex offender, a manipulator, a hypnotist, a human trafficker and an evil that must be purged from our society.

And even if it were, that she crushed over Yunusa, does that makes it right for him to take advantage of a little girl? No, it doesn’t! If a child is crushing over a grown adult, he should severely warn the child off and report to the parents to discipline their child. Not encourage the child by abduction.

In this case, not only did he hypnotize her, he abducted her from her parents and home, forcefully changed her religion, raped her and impregnated her. It is wicked and anyone jumping in defense of this barbaric act is evil! Yunusa should be made to pay severely for his actions and anyone found culpable should face the wrath of law no matter how highly placed they are, including the emir of Kano. The emir should bury his head in shame that all these happened under his watch – if he had done the right thing this girl should have been home with her parent long before now. The emir is clearly a suspect in this matter. Former CBN governor my foot!

BN post my comment.

• been there March 3, 2016 at 7:27 pm

I just feel so sad for this little girl. This is the kinda thing u watch on Law and order:special victims unit. It must be the scariest feeling. On top of that she has the fear of the ‘African parent’ my mummy will beat me.

Her mum just needs to give her a big hug, tell her she loves her every moment and that everything will be fine

• Rose March 3, 2016 at 7:41 pm

And please if this girl was kept in sanusi palace…then he should be brought before the law…emir or not….this is simply a case of kidnaping, Rape, Torture amongst other dreadful acts done to a minor….this people are paedophiles and the emir needs to pay severely for the part he played in this crime. #JusticeforESE….no one is above the law #Buharidosomething…#wewantjustice

• trudy March 3, 2016 at 7:41 pm

So is she pregnant or not? I’m a bit confused

• ATL’s finest March 3, 2016 at 7:41 pm

Every time I read an update about this story, my heart is torn apart & broken???. I applaud for been able to speak Hausa before the twinkle of an eye. With all of this that happened to her, when she become a grown woman & hate people ( esp the Hausa’s ), don’t trust no1 or just don’t keep Friends, folks will think she’s a snob without them not knowing what she’s been through in the past. Maybe God descend on each & everyone who’s got a hand in this dirty act.

Dear Lord whomsoever will pierce an evil eye on my kids, Send your spiritual and physical bullets upon them AMEN???????.

• Moyo March 4, 2016 at 9:07 am

Amen. God will deal with all these lecherous adults, teachers, lecturers, neighbours, fruit sellers. Their eyes will be pierced before they see our daughters. God will protect our daughters from them

• Green March 3, 2016 at 7:43 pm

Very disturbing story. I pray the good Lord heals this girl and her family completely.
    That said, pls can we have a more flattering pic of this young girl? Thanks.

• Ann March 3, 2016 at 7:45 pm

Wow. This is so…there are no words. At all. I don’t even know what to say. No words.

• Teju TJ March 3, 2016 at 7:46 pm

You know I actually teared up reading her interview. She is such a bright girl. Very intelligent girl – with the right support, this girl can go places. However, she needs a lot of therapy. I can only imagine what she has been through. Poor girl. In all of this, she still feels for her mother. Such a selfless person.

• Different Shades of Nigerian March 3, 2016 at 7:51 pm

This girl was clearly hypnotized. My heart breaks for her and others who have gone through the same ordeal but whose parents were not as resilient as Ese mother. God bless Ese and her mother, may God give them the wisdom to overcome this. I hope her mother does not beat or abuse her for even a minute, the criminal here is the he-goat

• ElessarisElendil March 3, 2016 at 7:51 pm

God, let’s let this family heal in peace. Slow down the news deluge. The day was moved, let’s move in.

• Mahogany March 3, 2016 at 7:52 pm

Is this not how they recruit female suicide bombers?

• ElessarisElendil March 3, 2016 at 7:53 pm

*day was saved.

• nene+ March 3, 2016 at 7:58 pm

This little girl was hypnotized!!! Charmed and some foolish Keyamo said she eloped with Yinusa???? Cant you see the girl was under a spell???

Emir of Kano should be held responsible for this mess. People who have been running their mouth that Ese eloped can now see that the poor girl was charmed.

• Such a shame! March 4, 2016 at 10:00 pm

If Keyamo said she eloped, I bet Gani Fawehinmi is turning in his grave right now. After all he taught Keyamo, the idiot still still chose to deny the truth and join forces with the rich to opresses the oppressed. Such a shame!!!

• Bellemoizelle March 3, 2016 at 7:59 pm

All I can say is Islam is really a religion of peace indeed! As I see all d ‘peace’ they do globally!!! Smh.Lemme stop here!!!
    La vie est belle…

• Fact March 3, 2016 at 8:58 pm

Bellemoizelle, you have missed the plot completely. When bad people do bad things blame them and not who they claim t represent. When churches in Calabar inflict burns on children claiming they are witches does that fault christianity??..ofcourse not. Evil can mask as any race, religion or tribe. Don’t come here to start making divisive comments. We ALL should be uniting against evil…..even if it were our own people committing it. BTW both the bible and the Quran say so.

• OOKKOOSSIISSII March 5, 2016 at 1:03 pm

The difference is that the founder of Islam himself was a pedophile

• Toes March 3, 2016 at 8:00 pm

“who now has a deep Hausa accent and speaks Hausa very fluently” – I noticed this when I saw the video and was startled to be honest. Accented hausa in a couple of months is no mean feat. Its obvious she was hypnotised.
    Sanusi… you can’t PR pull yourself outta this, She mentioned the Emir’s palace a couple of times.

• bruno March 3, 2016 at 8:02 pm

I feel like the girl ran away with the boy without her parent’s permission. she wasn’t kidnapped or anything like that.

pls can we hear from the guy that was accused of abducting her.

this story is turning out to be something different. she had sex with the boy and got pregnant she didn’t want her mpther to knpw cause her mother will beat the hell out of her, so she decided to run away with the boy and marry him.

I may be wrong tho.

• jhennique March 3, 2016 at 8:23 pm

Bruno try and have sense na. Are you not too old to be like this on life?

• Ekene March 3, 2016 at 8:26 pm

Idiot in bundle. From August to March is 8 months. She is said to be 5 months pregnant. How does it tally ? You just unnecessarily want to appear controversial.

• Anon March 3, 2016 at 8:28 pm

Oh, you are wrong.

• Ann March 3, 2016 at 8:30 pm

Idiot, she’s 5 months pregnant! She got kidnapped 6 months ago! She was freaking 13 when she was kidnapped. Wow. I really have no hope for Nigeria. This is really how all of you think.

• Ibe March 3, 2016 at 9:27 pm

Bruno receive brain in Jesus name

• ijezie chimmy March 4, 2016 at 1:31 am

How could she be pregnant for him when she’s been away for eight months and is 5 month pregnant. Think before you write

• Tee March 4, 2016 at 4:04 am

Your conclusion does not add up. Its been 8 months and she is 5 months pregnant.

• hezekina pollutina March 4, 2016 at 5:54 am

Everybody join and insult Bruno. Bullies! Don’t see anything absurd about his opinion. We are all trying to make sense of it all. His opinion is valid. All you homophobes back off! Take every opportunity to talk trash to Bruno when you do not agree. Losers.

• TBABS March 4, 2016 at 7:32 am

You don’t have brain.. She is 5 months pregnant and she was kidnapped in August. Even a fool will know that she can’t be pregnant before she was taken to Kano.

• Ivy March 4, 2016 at 11:00 am

Please just shut up. She is 5 months old pregnant and was abducted 8 months ago, so she couldnt have been pregant when she was abducted and no I have no apology for telling you to shut up, I would say it over and over again.

• sparkle March 4, 2016 at 11:55 am

Did you read this interview at all?
      Besides even if a MINOR consents, its still rape!!

• aikay March 3, 2016 at 8:39 pm

@Bruno I am highly dissappointed in your foolish analysis of the matter, well I’m not surprised cos you neva planned on having children since u are blindly gay and a chavinistic one at that. You want to hear from the boy abi so you can support his lies. Ese was only 14 when this whole ordeal happened and that makes her a minor so whether she was in love with the boy or not that still did not justify the boy from taking her away like that from her parent afterall she did not transport herself to kano she was aided by adults . So which ever way they approach the matter, one cannot rule out abduction and hypnotism. Teenagers who run away like that often run back home after the love must have faded away cos clearly she was not pregnant then if we want to put it that she ran away bcos of that. No reasonable person will read this and still mk such foolish comment like you did. I use to admire the blunt and arrogant nature of ur comments which I usually find very funny but this one just not it at all. I bet you don’t have a younger sister or even a mother otherwise you would not have vomitted this nonsense here.

• random March 3, 2016 at 9:01 pm

Very fishy story….only God knows what truly transpired but the men should be arraigned and punished. She is a child for Petes sake!

• Lilian March 3, 2016 at 9:08 pm

I strongly believe the emir sanusi is strongly behind this. I have this strong intuition that he sends people to go out and kidnap young girls who he can experience his pedophile ways with. The need to fly this girl and abroad and check the real paternity of the baby because I strongly believe it is his. Because if this was an ordinary case of kidnapping that man would be way long apprehended by now. They are just trying to wait it out. Before you know it, everything is swept under the rug. Only God knows how many other girls that are facing the same ordeal. There are a lot of sick people in power !!!!!!

• Corolla March 3, 2016 at 9:25 pm

Why is her face being plastered everywhere?? Bella Naija you guys know better than this. WTF!!

• Papermoon March 4, 2016 at 9:37 am

Precisely my thoughts! An abused minor must be protected from public exposure so why is her face all over the media? This is not good.

• Spanish Guitar March 4, 2016 at 7:46 pm

Her face is plastered everywhere because search parties were organised on her behalf! You probably never followed her story else you wouldn’t have asked your question. It is rather too late in the day to hide her picture. BN did nothing wrong Corolla dearie.

• Ibe March 3, 2016 at 9:27 pm

Bruno receive brain in Jesus name

• Beeeee March 3, 2016 at 10:33 pm

Smh at some of us mehn…. Pray it doesn’t happen to you and pray that as a mother, you don’t have to experience what this girls mother went through…. “I don’t think she was abducted” ” I think she was sleeping with him and got pregnant, ” I think she ran away”….. If it were your child, is this what you would be saying. Cos if that was my child, I would be burning things down from Yenagoa to Kano. I mean BURNING. That Emirs palace would be burned to he ground. have a daughter. I can’t even imagine what this child has gone through. We should all come together and demand justice for this innocent girl. We should be demanding for the head of the idiot(s) that put her through this torture. We should be shaming the criminals not this child. We don’t know the full story but two things are clear to see, she was removed from her home without the permission of her parents and she was hypnotized. That alone is reason enough for everyone to be raging instead of victimizing the victim.

• Olu Agbagr March 3, 2016 at 10:48 pm

I think most of us commenting have lost our sense of reasoning completely. Just bcos you hate the Hausas and you are not a Muslim, you care less about the substance of the case. All this girl is saying are after thought. Feeling remorse for her recklessness taken too far.
    She’s been having affair with Yunusa right under her mother’s nose. Love at that stage intoxicates for those who reason. They both got carried away and choose to elopte with her lover. Now that the bubble bursted, she’s claiming innocense and feigning hypnotized. As expected, we have started running our mouths spitting venoms on Islam and Hausas.
    I join all those who can reason to condemnthe parent of Yunusa to have allowed their juvenile cohabit with a woman they as parent did not get approval of her father to marry their son and they call themselves Muslims. Ese is a loose girlwhose immoral acts are hidden to her parents.

• ijezie chimmy March 4, 2016 at 1:42 am

Olu you are a big fool. For once reason biko. This girl is 13. Love or no love. She is young. What is Yanusa even seeing in a small child like this to give her belle. Aren’t there other girls outside. When shr asked to elope, why didn’t he discourage her? When the girls parent came for her why didn’t he release her? Ask yourself these questions. If she is loose, that doesn’t give Yanusa thr chance to utilize the opportunity and disflower her. She was 13 for Christ Sake.

• Ibiba March 4, 2016 at 5:59 am

Ese is a loose girl? May Allah heal your malignant brain tumuor. You haven’t seen the update of Yinusa’s father claiming his son never had sexual intercourse with Ese. A girl whose favourite subject is Mathematics cannot be loose. An SU leader in JSS arm ànd she tutors her classmates o. You speak from a place of sentiments. God help you.
      Abduction of a female minors for sexual pleasures is a cancer in our society. Thanks to SMedia Ese’s story will force authorities and leaders to do the right thing.
      Ask yourself why Sanusi didn’t send for Ese’s mum to hear from her considering the girl is underage. He is guilty of the same crime as he took a minor as a wife immediately after he was made the Emir.

• Lizzy March 4, 2016 at 10:52 am

may God reward you with same. Loose girl, u have female children? law of karma will visit your family.

• Nuna March 4, 2016 at 6:37 am

Just from reading all the crap you wrote up there, my head is pounding.

Receive sense

• jess March 3, 2016 at 10:52 pm

Why didn’t you guys include the part she said she didn’t know how they got to kano. She only realised she noticed she was in a different environment with people speaking a different language. I hope justice will be done. Even in the north for you to marry a minor (less than 18) it must be with consent of the parents.

• nnenne March 3, 2016 at 11:22 pm

Sad. Disgusting.

• patrick March 3, 2016 at 11:25 pm

@olu agbagr you are very very stupid for the comment you just made.so islam and hausa people are good things right?i can see you don’t ve sense.Ekwensu.this ese girl was hypnotised.this is not ordinary.people should stop saying nonsense.

• Ayodele March 3, 2016 at 11:53 pm

I’m heart broken reading her interview…. But how does the emir come into all of these if it was the yunusa guy that abducted her and impregnated her, what am I missing?

• sharon March 3, 2016 at 11:53 pm

@Olu Agbagr! You sir, are the senseless one. Educate yourself please. Do you know what statutory rape is?

• chi-e-z March 3, 2016 at 11:55 pm

Idk if she was hypnotized. I do know she was taken away where she knew nothing about people or culture, preyed upon by an adult [by sense of age], all with her mother terrified at what could be happening to her daughter. If this does not sound like kidnap and solicitation of a minor idk what does. all in all Let’s hope all facts are presented and weighed and the scale of justice is balanced.
    rn idc about public opinion. I do care that this girl finds the strength to be a strong daughter, mother, overall human being after this ordeal. stay strong and let wisdom and truth lead you. you’ll find it in your heart again to trust the right people and I pray you have an amazing future.

• Hanee March 4, 2016 at 1:43 am

Situation like this, abortion should be legal if possible. I pray for you Ese ??

• A Conscience March 4, 2016 at 4:54 pm

They need to get rid of the pregnancy like last year! I can’t imagine the girl having to live with raising the child of her rapist and abductor/abuser for the rest of her life and the stigmatization that comes with it in our Nigerian cultures and what that bodes for her chances/choices of a good life partner. I feel strongly the emir is culpable like hell in all this and is just trying to cover his behind after the whole thing blew open. Christ! The silly dude should have asked to get in touch with the parents of the minor to find out why their child was not at home with them! Instead a minor was sheltered at his palace for months and he wrote some inane letter to the police about protecting her dignity/religion! There are too many sickos in this country and in power at that and it really makes one despair! Arase should lose his job in a sane society and be prosecuted and Yinusa should cool his heels behind bars for years and the head of every law enforcement agent who shirked their responsibility should roll and the emir should face the music for his role in Ese’s sufferings and have the book thrown at him!

• mama March 4, 2016 at 1:44 am

Mahogany u said so well this girl Ese might be a victim of sucide bomber in d making, Those speaking against the girl we wish u d same ordel this Ese girl went through lets see what your actions will be at the end ,stupid bungalow brains. Welcome Ese.

• Ibiba March 4, 2016 at 6:02 am

Thanks bellanaija for playing your own part in the republishing of Ese’s story which led to her release

• hezekina pollutina March 4, 2016 at 6:02 am

Wake up you sleeping “persons”! (for lack of better word!) This is not a Nollywood movie. There is No jazz, etc. Pedophilia and sexual exploitation of minors na everyday thing. So is sexual exploration as a minor. Kids are curious about their own sexuality, unfortunately Adults take advantage of that. I have no idea what happened but this kid’s story is not adding up and I do not believe in Jazz! Keep reading between the lines. Stop being BIGOTS! Its sickening. You have dark hearts, and you claim to believe in God. Most of you are up on this Easter prayers, while you mouth and thumbs are spraying HATE. Use your LOGIC and reasoning abilities. Stop looking for witches and wizards, you won’t find them! Now back to the story of Ese and what the hell happened!

• californiabawlar March 4, 2016 at 8:15 am

So after all the opata wey you yarn, all the big big oyinbo….you sef no sabi? mssschew! It doesn’t matter how we are interpreting the story, it does not matter how she ended up there. Exploration o, exploitation o, production o, the girl ended up (willing or unwilling) with a man who then got her pregnant despite the fact that her parents showed up for her. That is against the law.
      There are barely any comments on witches and wizards…most people, save the usual suspects (read village idiots) are concerned for her well being and seeking justice for her….but you felt the need to call folks out and show your own ‘superior’ mode of logic & reasoning…lol. Abegiiii…Uche oloyinbo faze yo wok.

• Somtoo March 4, 2016 at 10:42 am

hahahahahha. Dont mind hezekiah or whatever name is up there. Exploitation ooo exploration, na u know oo mr /mrs hezekiah. The only thing i see in this entire article is that this girl is 13! Any other yarns is Crap!

• Ade_suwa March 4, 2016 at 6:16 am

I am so so disappointed, I cant believe sanusi is involved in all this,SMH, “Take the girl back home” would av solved this problem a long long time ago from his part.
    @BRUNO and @Olu Agbagr i pity you guys, she ain’t ur sister that’s y u could say things like that.

May God bless her MOM,

• cheryl March 4, 2016 at 8:43 am

those saying she wasnt hypnotised, hmmm u dont knw nothing, i was born and bred in the North, dis things av been happening since time immemorial, after one religious crises back in d days, it became very ramppant, though d ones i know of were actually dating d hausa guys, and dey entice dem wit money and gifts, buh dey were enventually hypnotised to convert *dats 4 those dat reuse to willingly convert), and one recused girl back den explain dat all she remembered was dat dey bathe her in a basin and gave her the water to drink after reciting some tins inside d water, she was insulting her mum wen her mum came to d Iam’s aws wgere she was kept, buh with God’s intervention, sh said she couldnt remeber saying all those things to her mum, so ppl, dey do hypnotize these girls, belive it or not

• timmyblast March 4, 2016 at 9:00 am

If the boy is 17 n the girl 13, then they are both children, cos a 13 year old is wiser than a 17 year old boy. Nevertheless the way the story is going I smell she was Hypnotize. But wait, let’s listen to his side of the story. Thank you

• Moyo March 4, 2016 at 9:10 am

Did you think about what you typed before posting it. I have never heard such nonsense in my life. A 13 year old girl is wiser than a 17 year old boy, in what way.

• I’d rather remain anonymous March 4, 2016 at 9:09 am

Sending my prayers your way Ese. May you find love and comfort with your fam my dear. I pray you get the right counsel. God bless you child. My heart bleeds

• M& March 4, 2016 at 9:49 am

As I said on the earlier post, I stand with Bruno and few others who believe the girl left with the guy of her own volition, as an adolescent. If the guy’s intention was to kidnap her, why report the issue to the village heads and then emir on getting to the destination? he would have just hidden her, changed numbers and ensure that she has no contact with her parents and the outside world. From the story of the village head, Yunusa brought the girl to them when they got to kano, saying that they want to marry each other and that’s why they came back together, and they said the girl is not from the north, if she was no wahala, it’s normal for northern girls to marry early, but from other parts of the country…its a no no. Then they invited both parents, took the ‘couple’ to the emir and also informed the police. what transpired after that is confusing, when the parents got to kano, why didn’t they go with the girl, even with police involvement? Some say the girl told her mother she didn’t want to go home, some say the father said she’s 17 so she can marry, we are not sure. but there was some failure on the part of the adults involved, from yunusa, to the parents, to the emir, to the police. why, because she’s a minor…they all should have known better. Now that the case is over, everyone should learn a lesson – young girls and boys, mummies and daddies, our law enforcement agencies and leaders who we look up to, to correct wrongs and lead us aright!

On the other hand…all of ‘YOU’ who have been experimenting and having sex tipe tipe, in secondary school, before the age of 18 (both male and female), know thee now that thou was ‘sexually assaulting’ yourselves in the eyes of the law, even if you were both teenagers, because you were not of age to give consent to yourselves! 🙂

• Celeste March 4, 2016 at 12:28 pm

Your analysis and comment is VERY FOOLISH! You’re talking about a 13 year old girl that was sexually abused by a grown man. So your argument of volition on her part doesn’t hold water here. She is under-aged, period!

You can deliberately choose to remain in denial or ‘confused’ as you conveniently put it as to what transpired after they took the girl to the emir’s palace. But I’m sure you read the part of the story that the girl’s parents were told that she was no longer their daughter and insisted the parent don’t change her newly forced religion – as if they sought her parents consent before converting her to Islam. Her parents agreed not to change her from Islam, but they reneged on releasing the girl still.

Fact is: Yunusa had no right to abduct a girl-child from her parents – elopement or not.
      The village heads had no right in encouraging Yunusa to keep the girl – whether she’s from the north or south for marriage or co- habiting.
      The most disgraceful of all is the former CBN governor, Emir Sanusi, he should have had Yunusa arrested and the girl returned to her parents asap! In whatever way you look at it, the people that abducted and encouraged Yunusa are SO SO WRONG.

You sound like a paedophile yourself, else you will condemn outrightly a system or religion that encourage child marriage, human trafficking ritual sex and statutory rape. It is evil and extremely wicked!

Finally, receive sense that you clearly don’t have in God’s name. Amen!

• Moyo March 4, 2016 at 9:59 am

@ Olu, Bruno and M&, May God forgive you for all these things you have said without proof. Yunusa has committed a crime by kidnapping and taking Ese away from her parents, it does not matter whether she was loose or not. He has no right to do it whether he is Christian or Muslim. Don’t you understand, Ah may God give our men wisdom o, this is terrible.

• M& March 4, 2016 at 11:43 am

No one has proof of anything, and I did say there was failure on the part of everyone concerned starting from the boy. she’s under-aged and that’s it, I’m not just absolving the girl herself. It’s just my own opinion (everyone has one), knowing teenagers, of course she’ll say now that she didn’t know anything, do you expect her to say yes, I ran off with him, with all the wahala this has caused? This somehow relates to the Adam Johnson story, he’s even getting 10 years in jail for something less than this, sexual contact with a 15 year old, they’re even debating whether there was penetration or not. But I also saw the messages with the girl, and they were not so innocent. Also the case of Akon and the 14 year old at the club some years ago…he paid for his actions, but he also said ‘Daddy shouldn’t have let her out that young, in a club for over 21s’. Except it was a spiritual case, I still say parents should educate their kids very well, they should be able to defend themselves when mummy and daddy are not around, sexual predators are out on the prowl everywhere, they should be aware to avoid being victims. When I was 10 a male and older househelp started making suggestive advances, I didn’t know what he was on about, but after like the second time of telling me ‘I like you, come let’s go to the room’ whenever my parents went for prayer meeting, guess who I told…my DAD! I was too scared to go to my Mum because she’s too harsh and I couldn’t predict her reaction and I wasn’t sure I wasn’t doing something wrong already. Dad told my Mum and she was pained that I didn’t come to her. shaa they sent the boy away immediately. Now I have 2 little girls, and I’m teaching them to protect themselves first and always ‘tell’ on any hanky panky from anyone. so my 3-year old ‘tells’ me one day recently…”XX (her classmate) touched my bum in school and I told him ‘IN YOUR LIFE!…never you do that again! you want to destroy my future?! I will tell my mummy!” and she did! it’ll get harder when they get to adolescence, but I hope by then they would have been more well equipped.

• Celeste March 4, 2016 at 12:53 pm

“But I saw the messages of the girl, and they were not so innocent”. Hey, just stop with it! You’re clearly ignorant that you come here boldly to spew thrash! Adam Johnson sexually groomed, exploited and abused a minor. He knew what he was doing and aiming at. He got served for what he did. And Nigeria should be no different, Yunusa did worse and deserve a stiffer punishment to serve as deterrent to his ilks. The world is watching, this case should be seen to the end – the law should take its course and justice served.

• Damilare March 4, 2016 at 1:05 pm

A 13 or 14 year old cannot give consent to sex and it will be regarded as rape except he genuniely believed that she was over the age of 16. how can you say a 13 year old child is wiser that a 17 year old (that if he is actually 17) you need to read up consent, sexual offences and just a little bit more issues on crime because you have absolutely no idea. Whether she was head over heels in love with him is not an issue. She is a child, period, and children cannot give consent to sex You say you have little girls. One of the major problems with our society is that girls are always taught shame instead of the issue of peadophilia being addressed it is always the girls or women who have done something wrong as if they are not the victims in this situation. If you have nothing better to say about this poor child’s ordeal think about your little girls and remain silent because it is clear you are no expert on criminal law.

• Dupe March 4, 2016 at 5:12 pm

Your children should be taken away from you, haba, e de beru Olohun, so because a 13 old is discovering herself/her sexuality she deserves to be abducted, brain-washed and impregnated???
      I was having this discussion with mu husband yesterday, women are their own worst enemy most especially Yoruba women, we think we know it all, we think we are smarter than the next person. I pray this does not happen to any of your daughters cos I won’t wish this on my enemy.

• sparkle March 4, 2016 at 12:10 pm

Go and read up on “CONSENT” , you clearly need some education…OMD!!

• prince March 4, 2016 at 12:18 pm

This guy should be send to kirikiri. he shouldn’t be among humans. He’s caused so much damage to this girl and her family and shouldn’t be left unpunished.
    He’s an animal

• teesha March 4, 2016 at 2:42 pm

So M& you are a mother … issorai

• AKINSELURE DEBORAH FOLASADE March 4, 2016 at 3:06 pm

PARENT SHOULD BE CAREFUL OF HOW TO TAKE CARE OF THEIR CHILDREN, THIS IS A LESSON, NOT EVERY PERSON CONTACTED ARE HUMAN BEING, SOME ARE ANIMALS. GOD WILL HELP EZE PARENT TO TOUCH THE HEART OF THE GIRL TO COME BACK NORMAL. BECAUSE, FOR MY OWN VIEW SHE HAD BEEN TORCHED WITH CHARM/JUJU BY HER ABDUCTOR. THE MAN CALLED YINUSA SHOULD BE PUNISHED AND JAIL FOR HIS DEED.

• kkay March 4, 2016 at 4:33 pm

This is all so surreal! My heart breaks for Ese, her mom and the rest of family. What a gruesome ordeal!
    Obviously, this 13 year old girl was HYPNOTIZED!!!
    I don’t know why anyone doubts that when these people are snake charmers, cattle charmers and all that.
    The Emir of Kano knows more than he is letting on. Let’s not forget that the “Yinusas of the north” are taught/encouraged by their tradition and religion to marry(violate) underaged girls.
    I pray the abductor (s) and the conspirators be made to face the full force of the law for this outrage!

• Amina March 4, 2016 at 6:37 pm

Nonsense. the couldn’t even take good care of their ‘wife’. See how gaunt she’s looking, Mtchew

• Metroklin March 6, 2016 at 6:03 am

I feel pained for the poor Ese, thank God she alive. Time will heal her pains and God will support her.

• Kim March 6, 2016 at 1:33 pm

Unfortunate how ignorant and uncivilised the populace remains. Blaming everything on the occult and religion. It happens in every country. Difference there is a rule of law and it is upheld. Nothing special about a young girl being groomed by an older man, why does she have to be hypnotised. Face the impotent law