News

BELLA NAIJA – NIGERIA FASHION WEEK – DAY 1

BellaNaija.com

Hello Everyone!!!! Wow, I had a lovely weekend…hope urs was just as good or even better!!!!
First came the Bella Naija Africa Fashion Week, we showcased the best in African fashion and design with African Mosaique emerging as the winner!!
So now its time for time to showcase Nigeria! Believe it or not, both home and internationally-based Nigerian designers are setting trends and breaking boundaries in the international fashion scene. Please leave your comments, let us know what you think of the designs and pick your fav.
Anyway, sit back and ENJOY!

BELLA NAIJA – NIGERIA FASHION WEEK – EBOKA

THE DESIGNER – FRED EBOKA

Fred is a graduate of the Yaba College of Technology in Lagos, Nigeria, Philadelphia University School of Textile and Fashion and Temple University Philadelphia. He worked in different houses before launching his first studio in Chestnut Hill, Philadelphia. He opened Eboka Design Studio in Cape Town in 1992 and has enjoyed outstanding success ever since.

FUN FACT
He is married to Tina Eboka, a well-respected South African business woman whom he met while studying in Philadelphia. That’s another thing, I respect any man who supports his successful wife!

I luv and admire Fred Eboka for so many reasons. I luv his refreshingly colourful and innovative designs while I admire his positive representation of Nigeria/Nigerians in South Africa. I luv this collection…what do u guys think?

Living & Celebrating the African Dream! Catch all the Scoop on www.bellanaija.comFollow us Twitter: @bellanaija Facebook: @bellanaija Instagram: @bellanaijaonline

1. buki

September 5, 2006 at 7:36 am

Really nice, inspiring to budding designers like myself. Thanks dear

2. Ehi

September 5, 2006 at 7:48 am

Nice collection………would definitely wear some of his creations…

3. Dipo Tepede

September 5, 2006 at 9:11 am

Great post as usual!

You are a very dilligent blogger; almost one post per day.

Kip it up!

4. N. Coker

September 5, 2006 at 12:01 pm

Bella Nija, first of all I loooooooooooovvvvvvvveeeeeeee your blog. I was in shock when someone we know(let’s just call her princess in switzerland) revealed your identity. I was telling her about blogs I really like and how much dedication it must take ’cause you always update your page. Anyway just wanted to say Kudos, looooooooooooooooove it!

5. naijagal blogging junkie

September 5, 2006 at 12:45 pm

love the style love it! keep it up girl

6. Biodun

September 5, 2006 at 2:36 pm

I love most of the outfits, n would definitely wear them, kudos to him! Keep it coming girl, yeahhhh its naija fashion week, lol

7. Anonymous

September 5, 2006 at 3:22 pm

the first piece is stunning…most of the otherrs, not so much. he IS innovative…i’ll give him that.

8. Dammie

September 5, 2006 at 3:58 pm

I love his visions….very creative!

9. Bella Naija

September 5, 2006 at 4:53 pm

@n-coker……Thanks sooo much for the shoutout!!!! Glad u lurve it lol! Didnt know u were a silent visitor….hope to hear more from u around here luv….ciao 🙂

10. naijagal blogging junkie

September 5, 2006 at 5:12 pm

cool bella guess who I saw on NTA yesterday talking about fab ankara! Lisa !

11. TaureanMinx

September 5, 2006 at 5:46 pm

Im proud of Nigerians doing big things.

12. princessafrique

September 5, 2006 at 9:34 pm

lovely. very colourful clothes. yes eboka is really popular in cape town. i heard quite a few socialites partonize his design house. keep em comin bella

13. Anonymous

September 5, 2006 at 9:35 pm

i really like the clothes by Fred Eboka. I had not heard about him before today. when are you going to do something on Duro Olowu. He is FAB

14. Cee

September 6, 2006 at 2:01 am

I was just thinking to myself today that i really needed to find a great tailor. And all of a sudden I found your site (or should I say you found me?). Either way, I am really happy that we are doing our thing at home. I recall how easy (situation depending)it used to be to find a GREAT tailor (designer) to sew my sketch back home. Here, they want a head and two livers just to do that.

Keep the good work up( you really do a great job keeping up with your updates).

And yes if I was back home I think I would definitely to buying tickets to the events.
    NB: – Why wouldn’t you let your better half read the poem?

15. Maurine

September 17, 2006 at 4:05 am

I fancy him the most, especially the clothes worn by the lady w/ the afro. (I’m trying to get my afro going too! LOL!)

Anyhow I can’t wait for him to get his stuff into stores…

…for those of us not posh enough to travel for clothes.

16. Anonymous

March 22, 2007 at 1:09 pm

hey there mr eboka love ur designs first saw them 3 years ago at ur rosebank store have been impressed ever since UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU RRRRROOOOOOOOOCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKK big time. love Zama from Soweto