Music

JAY-Z IN KWARA

BellaNaija.com

Here are some pics of Jigga, he is with Kwara State governor, Bukola Saraki.
He was turbaned by the Emir of Ilorin, Alhaji Ibrahim Sulu Gambari!!!
As Mona told us, a street was also named after him..
Shawn ‘Jay-Z’ Carter Road….lol
I need to gather the Mazis and elders from my village so we can organize a Beyonce ‘Bee’ Knowles Close sharply! lol
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Thanks Bizzle…MUAH

Living & Celebrating the African Dream! Catch all the Scoop on www.bellanaija.comFollow us Twitter: @bellanaija Facebook: @bellanaija Instagram: @bellanaijaonline

1. Reen

October 12, 2006 at 11:35 pm

wow they named a street after him…. the turban suits Jay-Z lol
    nice posts bella love ur blog!!!

2. Bella Naija

October 12, 2006 at 11:43 pm

Thanks Reen!!!!
    I thought it was really cute too..
    I think I have gone into Jay Z and Beyonce overload tho…
    this is the last post on them…I promise 🙂

3. Anonymous

October 13, 2006 at 12:02 am

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO…loving it. Adore your blog. Its the only one I read unfailingly daily

4. ABBEY

October 13, 2006 at 12:21 am

i’m so proud of jay-z…didn’t just perform and bounce but got down and dirty with the motherland.

Imma watch out for his next single of album, i’m sure he’s gonna say a thing or two about it….but isn’t he retired?

Good job Bella!

5. Overwhelmed Naija Babe

October 13, 2006 at 3:08 am

Jay z is still ugly.. he looks like a mallam.. but he’s iite i guess… i guess they loved the motherland.. i just hope he doesnt give himself a new rap name.. oluwajayz… lol

6. Bella Naija

October 13, 2006 at 3:13 am

@anonymous- thanks sooooo much
    @abbey- i’ve heard the new single from ‘kingdom come’…just ok in my humble opinion
    @overwhelmed…LMAO..u r too funny girl – oluwajayz has a nice ring to it!

7. Tutsy

October 13, 2006 at 3:39 am

ROTHFLMAO……Belle, i swear na u go kill me!!!. Can’t believe it, Jigga in a turban!!! Unbeleivable, wonders shall never end…..lol…that was quite a sight. Thanx for the hook-up jare, you made my week!!!

8. Biodun

October 13, 2006 at 3:40 am

lol for realz, that is the name of the street, ha ha, he looks hot in the turban lookin thing sha!

9. Mona

October 13, 2006 at 10:06 am

HAHAAHA THIS IS SO FUNNY I WAS ABOUT TO POST THIS YOU KNOW….I saw em on Kwara State’s website

Nice one bella u were fast hehe, where r our friday friday downloads now?

10. Life through rose-tinted glasses

October 13, 2006 at 11:47 am

lol this is just too funny couldnt help but laugh at the end there, jeez jayz in turban…man thats too much like u said girl maybe they should have one for beyonce too lol. nice one babe.

cheers!

11. Tope

October 13, 2006 at 11:51 am

muahahahahaha…..no offense but he looks like an idiot with the headgear…..

12. naijagal

October 13, 2006 at 12:36 pm

jayz looks like a true mallam great post bella

13. Icy

October 13, 2006 at 12:43 pm

buhahah no offence but you know Jay-Z is gonnnngitit when he gets here with that picture.. TALIBAn lol! Nice work though. I can’t imagine how overwhelmed he is! DAS JES FLIPPING SEXY!

Watch him say some good shit about naija ..heck we need the publicity jare!
    p.s the word verification to post this was jz-dev hahahah wut r the friggin odds lol!

14. Parazone

October 13, 2006 at 12:52 pm

Eh? Is that Kabiru our mayguard? Oh no it’s Jigga!

15. Adaure

October 13, 2006 at 3:05 pm

Where is all the ‘Ameircan’ coverage. Where is BET. For real, I can’t wait to hear his album and what he will say about Naija. I bet he will make his rounds soon on awon Letterman and Leno…can’t wait to hear what they will say about these pictures. But that’s wassup… he looks happy like he is genuinely enjoying himself but he must be sweating under all that. I wonder if he ate any fufu

16. koki

October 13, 2006 at 3:28 pm

Ha! I see my friend Laolu was ballin with Jay-z. Nice pictures, Jay-z looks like he was having a good time

17. Anonymous

October 13, 2006 at 3:39 pm

Jay gave an interview with Funk master flex of Hot 97, NY when he was in Ghana and said something about them giving him mohammed as a name and that he was shocked that cats who couldnt really speak English where rapping his songs! Can u imagine?

18. Parazone Super Bleach

October 13, 2006 at 3:54 pm

Following in Bella’s blogsteps..The Queen of All Media Perez Hilton mentions Jays visit to Kwara State. But you heard it here on Bella’s blog first!

19. Dee

October 13, 2006 at 3:55 pm

First time on your blog…stumbled on it from tracing a comment on mine by calabar girl…I’m really impressed!

20. Anonymous

October 13, 2006 at 4:01 pm

OMG!!! I just saw the comments on the perez! Ewooo..people dey ignoramus sha! look wetin one person said
    “oprah sezz: did you know that most phishing junkmail comes from Nigeria. JZ, don’t accept any gifts or packages before boarding your plane”

21. Dimples

October 13, 2006 at 4:12 pm

Alhaji Jay Z…sounds quite next…with his Alhaja Beyonce…coming right behind him…who knows what title they gave him??

Anyone knows if they offered him dual nationality??Cos it’s a very Naija thing

22. Yoctty

October 13, 2006 at 5:30 pm

lol @ “very naija thing” Ahhhann Dimples stop am o!
    Naaaa, they can’t Alhaji him or Alhaja her.. abi shey dey suppose go Mecca first???

I see dem adopting “Oluwabeyonce and AdeJay.. the Iya oge and Baba adini of awa beloffed land”..
    but seriously tho’ there has to be more to this….hey! we mite just start seeing Jay investing in the State… like joke… more investments will fall in… KWARA state will be rich… it will shock the other 30something states…
    “slackers”!!!
    🙂

23. Dammie

October 13, 2006 at 5:39 pm

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

OHH BOY!!!…ToO Exciting!!…GOOOO KWARAAA!!!!

You watch Kwara is about to be the most visited state in Nigeria!!…YaY MY state!!>…..LoL

24. Nneka's World

October 13, 2006 at 7:51 pm

Hmm, loving the pics, Jayz really looks like an aboki!
    I think its the big lips.
    I love your blog and always check it daily, even though i dont leave comments, i am there reading it
    Thanks for your wishes, i am ok

Lol at the beyonce one, we should do it, who knows….

25. koshie

October 13, 2006 at 8:15 pm

He sure do look funnie and patrified in his turbinator. But where was Anti Beyonce… why was she not turbinated as well.

26. g.o

October 13, 2006 at 8:18 pm

Kingdom come Jays latest single was has leaked on the internet etc..now def jam officials are scrambling to find out who leaked it. In my opinion it was probably one or their interns or Jay himself that did jare! anyways, I just read the funniest thing on media takeout.com that it was some african dude that stole the single fro his hotel and leaked it and that they went to a street vendor in brooklyn ny who has started selling copies!!..vbuhahahahhahahha

People can fabricate!!

27. kwararep

October 13, 2006 at 10:21 pm

Dang, can’t believe that if I was in Naija, would have met abuki JayZ and beyonce :(. What am I doing here again, oh yeah school!

28. TaureanMinx

October 14, 2006 at 8:10 am

I saw these lol, tres funny. The name of the road is rather looooong isn’t it. Please take me to Shawn ‘Jay-z’ cater road…Theres a Bill Clinton road in Abuja…..Any others?

29. Pelumi

October 14, 2006 at 6:22 pm

lol, gud stuff. Only a young Gov like Saraki would know to honor Jay-Z. Good job bellanaija

30. Lee

October 15, 2006 at 12:05 pm

wow wow!!! Now this is nice to see..
    A whole Jay Z in turban.. they could have dressed beyonce like an Alhaja and veil over her head.. Now that would be another beyonce in the making..

great post!

31. Anonymous

December 3, 2006 at 4:46 pm

I like the first picture, please can you tell me who took it?

32. Anonymous

January 12, 2007 at 12:30 am

WHO CARES

33. Anonymous

January 12, 2007 at 12:32 am

I WISH BEYONCE WOULD DROP THAT BEAST SHE DESREVES SOMEONE RICH AND GOOD LOOKING NOT JUST RICH

34. Anonymous

February 9, 2008 at 5:32 am

He went to Kwara, that’s great!

35. Anonymous

February 14, 2008 at 11:42 am

Come o! Bia. With all these chieftaincy titles being bestowed upon Shawn Carter aka Jay Z.

I hope that he is somewhat involved in some charity work that is benefitting Nigeria abi na Naija.

My 2 kobo…….