Music

ASHIONYE IN TRUE LOVE WA

BellaNaija.com

Hey Everyone,
First things first! HAPPY EASTER!!!!!!!!
So sorry that I didn’t say so earlier but its still Easter Monday so its not too late.
So how did you celebrate? I had a really great weekend starting Thursday night. I got a home-cooked dinner…tres fabulous. The whole Easter weekend was quite interesting.
I am so excited because T-Minx is back to blogging, so endeavour to check out her new updates and blog design.
Anyways, a lot of people have been asking about the Nigeria’s Next Top Model….don’t worry, I got you covered.

I just realized that I haven’t featured anything from my favourite mag, True Love WA in a while. I was reading last month’s issue which had entertainer, Ashionye Michelle Ugboh on the cover styled by the uber-talented Omoyemi Akerele and it just cracked me up.
I really admire Ashionye’s drive for success. The girl is truly a go-getter!
That said, her statement that she ‘acquired her American accent when she stayed with her Aunt and Uncle in the USA for nine months when she was 9 years old and that it has stuck ever since’ got me shaking my head….LOL. Only in Nigeria really!

That’s it for today.
Please leave your comments…
You can always email me with any ideas or suggestions as well – [email protected]
Have a blessed week!

Living & Celebrating the African Dream! Catch all the Scoop on www.bellanaija.comFollow us Twitter: @bellanaija Facebook: @bellanaija Instagram: @bellanaijaonline

1. Chi

April 9, 2007 at 5:35 am

yehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!
    finally am first
    lemme go bac nd read

2. Chasing Diego

April 9, 2007 at 6:09 am

Lol! You guys and trying to be first. What does it matter?

3. Chasing Diego

April 9, 2007 at 6:13 am

The American accent comment is silly really.

4. Anonymous

April 9, 2007 at 8:11 am

It may sound funny but there’s something about the development of accent in kids, anything they learn at that stage becomes permanent 4 real. I have dis cousin dat went to US around 10yrs after primary skul education, she came back after 13months to continue her secondary skul in 9ja (AIS lagos) merely after completing grade 7. She also had dat American accent which was weird but REAL.

5. Anonymous

April 9, 2007 at 8:27 am

its completely possible that the accent stuck…its much easier to loose your naija accent at a young age, and nine months is a reasonable length of time, also it depends on who she interacted with when she came back, fellow yankee ppl? i mean if one can go to obodo oyinbo at a young age and not loose the h factor almost ten years later (personal story) why cant the reverse be possible…

i guess it all depends on how real her american accent is

lesson: dont hate lol…i just dey play oh

6. Anonymous

April 9, 2007 at 11:04 am

That is absolute NONSENSE! I started JS 1 at 9(left from primary 4) and I had lived in America for a year by that time as well. What is she on? PUUUUHLEASE! What about kids that spent primary school in jand or yanks and by the time they are in JS3 are full fledged Nigerians? She should just admit that she is faking the funk. She is like Ify on Big Brother Nigeria(well that one just travelled for the first time after that show). FAKE FAKE FAKE.

To promote that a foreign accent makes you better is not only backward but extremely irresponsible.

7. Dammie

April 9, 2007 at 11:08 am

It’s believable that the accent stuck, it really depends on the age 4 – 9 yrs are like sponges!!

anyhoo, for those who don’t know. Who is Ashionye?!

8. Anonymous

April 9, 2007 at 2:05 pm

wow, i think it’s possible for an accent to kinda hang around. It is sort of like learning a new language. There are people who learnt french when they were very young and they still remember it today. I wonder how she sounds. I guess that should be left to the folks abroad. Coz many nigerians just speak phonetics and not the real american accent.

9. Tayo

April 9, 2007 at 2:09 pm

Don’t know what to say about the American Accent. I think she needs to get real. She might be right though, give her the benefit of doubt.

10. Anonymous

April 9, 2007 at 2:45 pm

hey bella i think i commented on Ashionye’s accent in one of ur past blogs when u featured music 9ja divas..
    she is too fake pls…did u ever listen to her on cool fm…she sounded razz her accent is irritating…and besides..what is annoying is that she said the accent has helped her career and most annoyin of all she refered to the 9ja accent as LOCAL!wtf!i mean she said the accent is LOCAL…wat is local and what is not local..an accent is an accent..who said american accent is the ultimate and urs is local..i was totally disgusted at her..and she ven went to one razz polytechnic in 9ja is it Ekpoma state uni or something like that!the babe is SHALLOW,PERIOD!

@ anonymous ur cousin came back and went to AIS that is an american schl so she may not have lost the accent!

11. mystoriesmytestimonies

April 9, 2007 at 2:53 pm

happy easter..
    enjoy

12. zaiprincesa

April 9, 2007 at 3:15 pm

Happy Easter Bella!!

13. naijagal

April 9, 2007 at 3:33 pm

thats so funny! only in Naija would an american accent stick! after 9 months! my friends went to grade school in the US and returned for secondary school in NAIJA so why didn’t their accent stick! anyway I guess that is what trips the guys in NAIJA a tinge of american accent! LOL

14. Anonymous

April 9, 2007 at 4:43 pm

i have a ncousin who was born in naija,her mum won visa lottery when she was just 2 and she moved to yankee.
    when she started to yarn her mumsy that “MAMA U MUST BE CRAZY” etc,quick quick her mum deported her back to naija,and she was aged 7 already.
    she lived in yankee for FIVE YEARS,AND TALKED IN A RIDICULOUSLY THICK AMERICAN ACCENT.
    after 5 MONTHS IN NAIJA,MY COUSIN DON DEY SING OBESERE SONGS WITH SERIOUS agbero accent,did not have a yankee accent APRT FROM A FEW WORDS LIKE WATER,COLOR ETC(SHE ONLY COULDNT DROP ROLLING HER R’S)
    and she goes to a very very good school in lagos.one of the best.
    when she goes on holidays THRICE A YEAR TO AMERICA,naturally the accent comes on once she is back in naija,but after a few weeks its over.

so i dont know why this fake ass broke down beyonce wanna be is talking about.making a ridiculous statement THAT SHE GOT AN ACCENT FROM AN EXTENDED HOLIDAY AT THE AGE OF 9?
    infact she should be made to dobale and kobokod for that foolishness.

only in nigeria would anyone think that having a foreign accent is a BIG FRIGGING DEAL.well it would be to her.

15. Mona

April 9, 2007 at 5:26 pm

Mmm nice, i sent sum1 to get the april one for me i hope he gets it b4 he comes back, its needed lol…lovin Ashionye. Happy Easter thanks dear xx

16. Anonymous

April 9, 2007 at 5:35 pm

OLUWABELLA,WHY DID YOU EDIT MY COMMENT?
    EHN?WE WILL FIGHT OH,I THOUGHT THERE WAS FREEDOM OF SPEECH IN BLOGLAND.
    EHN EHN,BELLE ARE YOU NOW A DICTATOR?
    OKAY O,IM NOT ANGRY,
    I WILL STILL COME BACK TO YOUR BLOG.

17. linda ikeji

April 9, 2007 at 5:54 pm

Ashionye is a sweetheart.Just a little crazy lol.That accent suits her though, if only they had left her longer in the US to master the accent well.Sometimes she forgets she’s supposed to have an accent.But a sweet girl sha!

18. Im A Babe

April 9, 2007 at 6:03 pm

she has an accent??? so friggin wat??? nd plz spare me all that i stayed in america for A MONTH so now, i have an accent…bitch plz uv been in naija all that while, THERE IS NO WAY IN HELL, u wldnt adapt a naija accent, even my white friend who has been in naija 4 a minit, has a somewhat naija accent, its now this chick. ur environment rubs off on u PERIOD!…not that ur ‘accent’ or wateva shld matter in d 1st place, ur diction shld be wat does BUT y did homegurl feel the need 2 make it an issue at all. i hvnt heard her speak neither hav i heard her sing so im really just commenting based on this post nd y is she the nigerian beyonce??? cos she has blonde braids?? LMAO abeg o! naija folks make una take easy

19. Anonymous

April 9, 2007 at 6:13 pm

all of u people supporting this fake accent sef, I suspect una! Sorry after being immersed in naija for so long you get your naija accent back, devlopmental stages my foot, she a claiming clementina oshi. She berra just stop all this forming jare, because she had a 9 hour layover at kennedy airport abi?

20. TaureanMinx

April 9, 2007 at 7:09 pm

lol @ the fake accent debate. Who cares! lol. Thanks for the sharrout Bella.

21. Areagal

April 9, 2007 at 7:23 pm

Naija pppl. why the debate over the accent? why are we surprised when we like fake everything? Fake accent fake hair, fake complexion just like d gal featured in Bellas last blog wit d orange complexion or peach. All these ppl making noise about fake.. who doesnt have a fake something, a fake fendi spy bag or speedy bag? ehn? fake hair.. we are not perfect so let Ashionye enoy her fake sunting. LOL. LuV u BeLLa keep it coming cutie pie.

22. Chude!

April 9, 2007 at 8:15 pm

In fairness to our home girl, she did say that in our society, an accent can be very useful. Sadly, she is right. Anyone who knows Ashionye knows she is one of the realest people around. She doesnt take herself – accent included too seriously.

Bella, how you dey? Some really famous person just sent me a text some two hours ago asking: ‘Who is Bella Naija’?!! And he isnt the first – This blog is really going places, trust me!

23. Anonymous

April 9, 2007 at 8:23 pm

Abeg, the girl is too ugly and full of herself. She is the beyonce of the group, having an accent helped her career, blah, blah, blah, I can’t stand fake people like her. American accent does not make you superior and shouldn’t help you get a job. I live in the states and have being here for over 11 years… truly i have an american accent but when I’m speaking with my nigerian friends/family, I talk in naija accent with a pang of yankee accent (some words just come out naturally with an accent).

Please– she’s toooooooo razz and ugly for all the shit she’s saying:-)) 9months + Yanke= American Accent. WHATEVER!!!

I hope she goes back and read the mag and realize what she may be doing to reputation. (hisssinggggg)

I just can’t fathom the idea of someone actually saying this and say their educated as well. Naija babes never seem to stop amusing me….

24. SET

April 9, 2007 at 9:22 pm

Did this chick ever come back to live her America since she was 9? If not, she fronting. I go back and forth with my accent involuntarily, but it depends on whom I am speaking with, with my grandmom she will not understand me normally so i have to try to break it down not so easily and sometime if i am in constant contact with friends back in Liberia I tend to go in and out with my accent. I have been here for a long time now too, and I can’t explain myself or keep a conversation without the america accent taking over. you get use to it from school, college and work. I try to speak like others when i am in their countries but its still there and people can tell.

25. truth

April 9, 2007 at 11:05 pm

9 year olds do see a great deal in having an accent. On her return to NGR I think Ashinoye quickly discovered it gave her an edge above other kids and so she made an extra effort (though hilarious) to maintain it.
    Point is it depends on how much value/esteem the kid places on her new ‘gift’.At the same age my elder sisters lived in the US for abt 2 years. On their return they obviously sounded cooler than the other kids but they lost the Americana touch in no time cos repeating statements over and over again to people was more frustrating than fun.
    ..bella I see you’re somewhat breeding bella-haters from your editing habits.We’ll soon form a blog Act on anti-bella reforms you’ll see.

26. truth

April 9, 2007 at 11:09 pm

…did I say I think her make-up is on point though.lol.

27. Anonymous

April 9, 2007 at 11:35 pm

Born in Naija. Been in USA since age 6.5 & I’m facing 30 yrs. I sound like a diluted Jamaican or is it a Ghananian. Who knows. I don’t (and will never) sound American. There is something slightly Africanish about my accent dat will neva leave me. I’ve met ppl dat lived in Naija de whole life & de sound more American than me. Go figure.

28. Anonymous

April 9, 2007 at 11:52 pm

@anonymous 11;35 pm.THE REASON U HAVE MET PEOPLE WHO HAVE LIVED IN NAIJA THEIR WHOLE LIVES WITH AMERICAN ACCENTS IS ONLY BECAUSE THERE HAS TO BE SOMETHING WRONG WITH YOUR EARS,CHILD WHAT ARE YOU EVEN SAYING?

HOW CAN SOMEONE WHO HAS LIVED IN ONE COUNTRY THEIR WHOLE LIFE HAVE AN ACCENT FROM ANOTHER COUNTRY UNLESS ITS FAKE.

OKAY I HAVE LIVED IN NIGERIA ALL MY LIFE AND I HAVE A FRENCH ACCENT.

BULLSHIT,WHATS FAKE IS FAKE.

29. Anonymous

April 10, 2007 at 12:03 am

Na wa o! Ashionye is really starting some drama here o! All these anonymous contributors, please use the “Other” option and include a name so we can differentiate you from each other. Abi una no get name?

30. chic

April 10, 2007 at 1:32 am

Lol for real that just sounds horrible because i was born in the us and i grew up in nigeria for 13 years oooo came back to yankee now am 23 still have my nig accent i can never loose it…….excpet i just wnt to be fake which is BS ….

31. Pink-satin

April 10, 2007 at 5:06 am

Ashionye is really a star..see y’all arguing about her..Yeah i did read the article and she sounded silly..She is beyonce ..blah!what was annoying was that she refered to the nigerian accent as Local..i mean why was she making the accent thing an issue..

32. Waffarian

April 10, 2007 at 10:25 am

hahahahahahahhahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahha Oh Lord!

33. Anonymous

April 10, 2007 at 11:39 am

her accent is just fake. She doesn’t even pronounce most words the way americans do. Ok listen to her party song. She pronounced “party” like “Patti” whereas americans will say “Parrdy”

34. ASHIONYE

April 10, 2007 at 12:06 pm

BELLA,
    thank you very much for showcasing me on your blog.
    to everybody else out there,i cannot really be bothered that you are all jealous of my accent.
    its not my fault that my accent has refused to be diluted by all your local nigerian accents.
    i speak in an american accent and i will do so for the rest of my life.
    and to you LINDA IKEJI,of course you will know all about american accents seeing that you snatched one from his original owner.

i dont give a toss what you haters and losers think.
    my accent has made me a star in nigeria.
    and while all you lowlifes sit behind your comouter and talk rubbish,i am mingling with the high and mighty.

once again thank you very much bella for giving me some more needed exposure.

ASHIONYE

35. tatafo!

April 10, 2007 at 1:50 pm

mehn I can’t believe Ashionye beat me to this! I was just going to write all you haters sipping on haterade…..yeye dey really smell!!

Whether you like it or not her ‘unusual’ accent helped her get a job as a radio presenter and the True Love mag spread!
    I even applaud that at age 9 she was smart enough to realize that to get ahead in life, you have to set yourself apart from the rest.

So if you want, don’t find what works for you to get ahead in life, be sitting in front of your computer at your boring 9-5 j.o.b while your fellow young nigerian is getting to be on the cover of magazines!
    lol….!!

36. chioma

April 10, 2007 at 2:04 pm

..when i read the accent comment..i just said to myself .”isn’t she ashamed to say something so silly”. I know people who were in jand for 2 weeks as infants and speak with accents..Really it a personal thing if u want to speak with a phony accent na u sabi..but don’t toy with people’s intelligence by giving silly reasons why. The girl is doing well..but i see a little diana ross thing going on..Once your dating the “berry gordy” you go solo..Well done ashionye keep up the good work!

37. chioma

April 10, 2007 at 2:07 pm

yeah and it was a bit upsetting that she was dissing naija accent.she should just say she liked American accent.fullstop

38. Anonymous

April 10, 2007 at 3:03 pm

@TATAFO,u are obviously an inferioir animal and sick in the head to have come up with that drivel you just did.
    i know your type,anything jand or yankee shall and will continue to trip your miserable existence till you are laid six feet below.

39. Anonymous

April 10, 2007 at 3:10 pm

i dont want to be all anti-nigerian female musicians and all but i think Ashionye has nothin to offer to the entertainment industry. she is not a good singer, neither can she be appauled for her lyrics… i think she is wack!!! and doesnt deserve a front cover on true love….

40. tatafo!

April 10, 2007 at 3:24 pm

@ Anon 3:03pm na you sabi….like I said, sit down in front of your computer and keep on hurling insults, only you and your God will know how far it will take you. Crab in a barrel oshi!

41. Anonymous

April 10, 2007 at 3:38 pm

@TATAFO.HOW OLD ARE YOU?
    “CRAB IN A BARREL?”
    GAWD WHERE DO YOU COME UP WITH THIS NONSENSE?
    MEN FUCK OFF AND GO AND PLAY TEN TEN WITH YOUR LICE AND RINGWORM INFESTED GANG IN THE DUSTY PLAYGROUNDS OF OSHODI.
    AREA CHILD.

42. Anonymous

April 10, 2007 at 3:44 pm

@ASHIONYE,
    SWEERART(SAYING IT LIKE THE “AMERICAN” THAT YOU ARE)
    COME BACK IN ONE YEAR(I KNOW IM PUSHING IT,BUT LET ME DASH YOU SMALL BENEFIT).
    AS I WAS SAYING COME BACK IN ONE YEAR,IF YOU ARE STILL A “STAR” IN YOUR DELUDED WORLD,THEN I WILL TAKE BACK ANYTHING I HAVE SAID TODAY.
    BUT IF NOT,THEN I WAS RIGHT,YOU ARE BROKE DOWN BEYONCE WANNABE,AT BEST MEDIOCRE,YOU LACK DEPTH IN ANYTHING YOU DO.GOT NO STAYING POWER.NO TRUE STAR QUALITY.
    ONYEKA ONWENU,XTY ESSIEN,DIDNT HAVE TO ADOPT STUPID ACCENTS AND THEY WILL SING TEN LIFETIMES AROND YOUR BLONDE WEAVE.

SO YOU COMING UP IN HERE WITH YOUR QUARTER WIT FAN BY THE NAME OF TATAFO SUPPORTING YOU AND SPEWING NONSENSE ALREADY SHOWS THAT YOU ARE IMMATURE.

YOU LAID THE GRILLSTAND BY UTTERING THAT FOOLISHNESS ABOUT ACCENTS,AND MAKING IT SEEM LIKE YOUR RIDICULOUS AMERICAN ONE IS SUPERIOR.
    SO TELL ME IF YOU ARE OPPORTUNED TO VISIT AMERICA AGAIN,WAT WILL YOU DO?
    SUPER GLUE AN OYINBO TO YOUR HIPS SO PEOPLE CAN RECOGNISE THAT YOU TOO DON REACH THERE?
    OR BETTER STILL GO GA-GA,SPREAD UP,HAVE A PART YANKEE KID SO AT LEAST YOU WILL HAVE YOUR “I HAVE BEEN TO AMERICA” EVIDENCE FOR LIFE?

AS LONG AS YOU ARE IN THE PUBLIC EYE(AND ENJOY ALL TEN SECONDS OF IT DAHLING CUS I CAN BET YOU WILL NOT BE HERE IN A YEAR)
    AS LONG AS YOU ARE IN THE PUBLIC EYE,LEARN TO DEVELOP A THICK SKIN AND LIVE WITH CRITICISM.
    AND QUIT BEEN A CHILD BY RESPONDING TO EVERY QUIP THAT OFFENDS YOU,ESPECIALLY WHEN ITS THE TRUTH.
    TRUE STARS LEARN TO BRUSH IT OFF AND WALK ON.
    YOU SIT THERE AND YARN OPATA.
    MEN DONT GET ME STARTED ON ACCENTS.

YOU ARE A FAKE,AND WHEN YOU MAKE ENUF MONEY PLEASE SWEETY FIX THAT HOOK NOSE OF YOURS.

43. Anonymous

April 10, 2007 at 3:58 pm

Oh my Goodness……this is so funny it is like jerry springer show!Bella Naija your blog will definetly reach places.
    @ Tatafo..He is just a silly twat..just because Ashionye got a cover on true love doesnt mean anybody else working a 9-5 job doesnt earn better that her..Please tell me how many albums did she sell!
    @ Ashionye -Keep doing what you enjoy..but in this business you have to learn not to give a fuck about what pple say abt you..you have to develop a thick skin and let all the insults bounce off..Pls tell me are u going to be replying everybody that says something about you!even those that are not in d lime light learn to ignore insults,criticism at work,church and at home..If u react all d time babes you will be stressed out..AN i cant believe you took out Linda Ikeji like that…the babe even said u were a sweetheart and was jsut speaking the truth when she said u sometimes forget you are to have an accent..This is treu i have heard u couple time on air and you dont keep up with the accent all the time…Ashionye i wouldnt buy your cd or go 4 ur concert,i think you party song was messed up,you outfit was horrible,and ur armpit was that smooth it was black n had a little hair..But that is you..You enjoy singing and entertaining.. so dont give a fuck wat i sa or anybody says…Okay Pumpkin
    P.S-dont ever refer to Naija accent as Local that is truly childish..

44. Pink-satin

April 10, 2007 at 4:32 pm

Ha!this is truly interesting..Was AShionye really here!

45. anonymous6:13

April 10, 2007 at 4:54 pm

I hope its just some anon pretending to be assyonye that posted like that, because if that was really her, she just showed how much of a market trader she actually is. Accents aside, the behavior is just uncouth and borderline rabid . Jealous of what nonsense accent? Abeg g’an siddon somewhere, because someone gave u visa by mistake you’re running your mouth like diarrhea! Abeg jo, some of us are forced to speak with an american accent, and wait until we go home so we can stop speaking the damn bekee english. Not everyone is trying to be everything but who they actually are sweetie.
    The one person that was trying to be nice, u trying to throw her under a bus, anuofia.

tatafo, how does it taste?

46. Anonymous

April 10, 2007 at 5:14 pm

There will always be fans and critics…if someone chooses to be a critic,let the person be, if u love ashionye , continue lovin no wahala and if u hate her, u have everyright to do so!!!!!! no one should inflict their opininons on others… we are all entitled to our own judgements and opinions..whether positive or negative so bug off!!!

47. Anonymous

April 10, 2007 at 5:18 pm

wats up wit the silver shoes…true love u no try atall o…

48. Anonymous

April 10, 2007 at 5:30 pm

me i don’t understand why a person has to talk like an american to be hot. I pity anyone that thinks that way. LOL….. and please, she definitely doesn’t look like beyonce. I mean she has her own look but if she’s going to be compared, definitely not beyonce, haba!!!

49. eloho

April 10, 2007 at 6:15 pm

JESUS CHRIST
    @ANON:3;03,3;38 AND 3;44.PM

i doff my hat to you.if you are a girl you got the word BITCH down to a tee,u smoked assiWHATEVER,and put tatafo in as jara.

i have a feeling i know who you are.

ashionye miss america dont mind the “haters” u hear,they are just jealous of your “ORIGINALITY”.
    ode like you.better go back and reasses the type of rubbish you say.and learn to think before you talk.

50. Tayo

April 10, 2007 at 7:38 pm

LOL. Of course, that wasn’t Ashionye. She knows better than making such posts on a public forum. Whoever did that, that’s an expensive joke. I think Bella should remove it.

51. truth

April 11, 2007 at 12:18 am

What’s ‘goingron’ here???
    @anon 3:58pm: Your comment had a bitter-sweet feel to it, like you were trying to soothe Ashinoye’s ego yet burst her ‘accented'(still hilarious) bubbles.
    Okay guys ‘truth’ is this topic isn’t worth this much drama.
    @Tayo: how are you omo dada?I’ll 2nd your comment cos I really hope that was not Ashinoye. Unfortunately there’s at least an 80% chance it was her.
    @Miss Ash: Though I’m nowhere near being your fan, I feel everyone is entailed to their piece of the limelight.You have yours now( regardless of how you earned it-still hilarious lol-)so stay on it for as long as you can and good luck doing that.

52. Anonymous

April 11, 2007 at 12:58 am

Ashy baby,how does it feel having pple talk u..you are truly a star cos u have stirred up a heated debate…lol
    You guys at least Ashionye said the truth and attributed her success to he american(wannabe) Accent-Shallow babe!

53. chidi

April 11, 2007 at 7:59 am

i think the accent thing was really stupid. does she want to tell us that since she was 9yrs old and she is now like twenty something rite that she hasn’t lost her accent? its not like she stayed over there for years, but just 9 months. She’s just a faker. Like jim iyke and the others. And i could not see the pics. i dnt know y

54. Chude!

April 11, 2007 at 10:21 am

I am CERTAIN Ashionye didnt make that comment. Someone’s taking this waay too far. Actually, a whole lot of people are.

55. priye

April 11, 2007 at 10:42 am

All dis one una dey talk never touch matter….. Has True Love lost it? How does Ashionye get a cover? Her singing hurts. I actually bought that album(6 measly tracks) and after aural torture am ready to start a petition BEGGING her to stop! How did she get such a huge deal with billboards, True Love covers(im beyond disappointed), stylist and all. How does an ad agency buy into this mess? Did you see the picture of her (legs akimbo almost pushing everyone off the shot) with the Tetmosol Girl reloaded concert chicks? Its speaks volumes…..
    There are other young Nigerian female artistes who couldve made the cut…. Keffe, Bouqui, Weird Mc, Muma Gee, Ynka Davis, (fill in the rest)or do they need Oyinbo accents as well?….. hmmmmm maybe Ashionyes got a point there

56. lolabee

April 11, 2007 at 11:52 am

thank God i wasnt the only one who thot watsitsname is a faker i was offended by her words stating that nigerian language is local why the hell does she want the “locals” to buy her cds who does she think it is i am glad that she knows that her accent is the main contributory factor to her popularity and not success it shows to all herself and her supporters that shes just a featherhead and plain shallow anyone who denigrates our culture and language doesnt deserve to reap the goodwill of “LOCAL” NAIJAS abi???????????