News

WEEKEND LUV – THE YES EDITION

BellaNaija.com

Hey Everyone,
How was your week? I can’t believe its Friday already!
WOOOOT! The week went by sooooo fast….
I don’t have work today! Yay! So I’m going shoe shopping….very exciting lol
On the flipside, I decided to be a good wifey and cook for the lad….
Can I make a confession, U see I have any talents (I like to think so anyway lol) but cooking is not one of them! I just hate cooking! Honestly, I don’t know why but I’m not proud of it anyway but there I can honestly say that I didn’t cook for like 2 years (2005 & 2006) not even once! Sad…isn’t it? Please don’t blame my mum; my younger sisters who are teenagers can whip up dishes just like that…
The funny thing is that when I actually cook, it tastes good!
Well, I take that back, there was one exception.
So I am going to try to cook some jollof rice today….I have only tried to make it once, that was like a month ago…So I took my laptop, searched for the recipe and carried the laptop to my kitchen. I followed the instructions and all that but hmmmm I don’t know. My friend, T dropped by
And I was like ‘Please taste this’….
U should have seen her face…LMAO…
Side note: the rice had this weird pink colour
She tasted it and was like ‘umm it tastes burnt!’…
LOL….she must have seen the ‘I’m about to start crying’ look on my face
Then suddenly she said ‘I mean it tastes like party rice’
Sooooo wish me luck….I’m going to need it!

Enough of the story telling, this is Weekend Luv – The Yes Edition

The Blogs
Chioma’s Blog – Proud Naija Wife and Mother
I really love this blog, the tagline says it! Proud Nigerian Wife and Mother…..Observations on Nigeria from a personal perspective. Luv it!
Ugo Daniel’s Blog – Nigerian Blogger in Cyprus
I just find this blog very interesting….Glad to see a new guy join the blog crew. CHeck on it!

What’s Hot
Don Chi is back in the building! – HERE
You know another Nollywood actor was caught attempting to traffic drugs some weeks ago. Here is his pic and an article on the situation. His name is Uche Odoputa…. Watch Nollywood movies but I don’t recognize him

The Grand Opening of Tinapa was this past week; here are photos of some of the people that attended the event
Photos courtesy http://www.purefoto.com/
Kaine Bode-George ~ Buki de la Zaria ~ Zizi Cardow

Lanre da Silva Ajayi ~ Florence Ita-Giwa ~ Funmi Iyanda

Charles Okafor ~ Pete Edochie ~ Ramsey Noah

Chinedu Ikedieze ~ Olusegun Obasanjo ~ Nduka Obaigbena

Hirut Ibru ~ Ifeoma Williams ~ Ijeoma Chiori

Ali Baba and wife, Mary ~ Justice Esiri ~ Sunny Neji

Florence Ita-Giwa ~ Ibinabo Fiberisima with Hilda Dokubo ~ Ini Edo

Funmi Iyanda ~ Ini Edo with Nkem Owoh ~ Joke Silva

Hilda Dokubo ~ Shan George ~ Uche Jombo

Pete Edochie ~ Grace Amah ~ Donald Duke

Its was Toni Payne’s bdayHERE
Uzo is crushing on a Spartan – HERE
It was LondonBuki’s mummy’s birthday on Saturday. Please show her some love – HERE

The Hits – Videos
Styl Plus – Imagine Dat

Styl Plus – Iya Basira

Faze – Kolomental

Sound Sultan – Motherland (Area)

Kemistry ft Terry G – Shake

2Face – For Instance

I’m out! Have a great weekend…If you are in Nigeria, make sure you vote…and pray!
Much Luv!!!

Living & Celebrating the African Dream! Catch all the Scoop on www.bellanaija.com Follow us Twitter: @bellanaija Facebook: @bellanaija Instagram: @bellanaijaonline

1. Anonymous

April 13, 2007 at 6:49 pm

I see people trying to be first but thank God I am today….definitely a good day from ATL Georgia

2. sitsacrosstheroomfromanonabove

April 13, 2007 at 6:51 pm

second, but I know anon above, so I’m first by association.

*singing* What Can I say unto the Lord?

3. Bella Naija

April 13, 2007 at 6:58 pm

LMAO @ anonymous and sitsacrosstheroomfromanonabove

U guys r toooo funny! U just made my day!!!!!!!
    Ok I’m 3rd! yay

4. sitsacrosstheroomfromanonabove

April 13, 2007 at 7:01 pm

bella oya don’t laugh oh, we’re here rejoicing. In fact nto in advance to all those who come after.

I have a foolproof jollof recipe, i’ll email it to you in a min.

5. Tutsy

April 13, 2007 at 7:12 pm

Okay i am so beefing with anonymous and sister across the table. Kilode now??? I have been stalking this site since morning waiting to scream FIRST!!! and y’all just oh! so graciously, rained on my parade. I am so not liking this!!! Thinking of taking this to a court of Law. I have been cheated.

6. Dammie

April 13, 2007 at 7:17 pm

say na vote AND prayy…..LMAOOOOOO

Ohhh Bellllaaaa….btw this is a FULL BLOG!!…Congratulations!!

XxHappy easterxX

7. Anonymous

April 13, 2007 at 7:19 pm

Eyahh…Tutsy babe, dont cry now. Oya…take chewing gum…abi it is fan ice, you want? Infact I have choco-milo, kuli kuli and epa(groundnuts), with some boli.
    Pele, maybe you’ll be first tomorrow sha….from creamchic in ATL Georgia….PYSCHE!!!!

8. Anonymous

April 13, 2007 at 7:26 pm

Bella, I would like to say a very big well done on consistently keeping us (especially people in the diaspora) well informed of the progress being made in Nigeria. I hope this turns into something great. The sky is not the limit, it is the beginning……from creamchic and sitsacross in ATL Georgia

9. Tutsy

April 13, 2007 at 7:29 pm

Okay now that i’m done venting, here is my “unsolicited analyses” of who looked fly and who looked a hot mess….first up Ibinabo Fiberisma…..mehn! now that’s what i call a beauty. After all these years chick still looks like she’s got it. Lanre Da Silver looked aiight although as a designer i expected more, Funmi Iyanda looks like a sexy Librarian in that get-up….quite classy…Joke Silver was looking every bit a diva that she is…quite elegant…Shan George what can i say?….so not working for me and what is up with the shoes??? Grace Amah looked cute but i don’t think that outift was appropriate for such event, considering what other people were wearing

Now the Disasters:

Vivian Cardow: Seriously babe, what is up with that leopard/jungle woman inspired dress….odikwa, so not working and the shoes…hell naw!! Remind me not to hire you to be my designer, ‘cuz you look like you need one yourself.
    Florence Ita-Giwa: Am i the only one who feels this woman wears dresses that are two sizes too small for her ass…as in seriously “madam”…cover that shit up….you make some us wanna puke. Next time you might want to consider outfits that flatter you body not try to stuff your behind into shit that make you look like a stuffed thanksgiving turkey.

As always, Great post Bella, hope you have a fabulous weekend

10. Bella Naija

April 13, 2007 at 7:29 pm

@sitsacrosstheroomfromanonabove…pleaseeeeeeee send the recipe to [email protected] …I cannot allow one of these girls to come and steal my man with jollof rice!

@tutsy…lol!

@dammie – it wouldnt have been possible without u! xXKissesxX

@anonymous – i wont mind some fan ice right about now! I will guarantee ur comment will be first for a month….ok…2months! lol…have a fab day

11. Dammie

April 13, 2007 at 7:36 pm

LoL @ fan Ice….*sigh*….

Ohhhh, soo these ppl look SO gorgeous @ Tinapa…sweeeettt

…and ohh B, flattery will get you EVERYWHERE, LoL…and my gawd…IMAGINE DAT video…U’ve made my weekend oo

XxOdaboxX

12. Tutsy

April 13, 2007 at 7:44 pm

Okay, my bad, i meant Zizi not Vivian

13. low

April 13, 2007 at 7:52 pm

IM 12TH OH!!!!!!!!!!..
    I think thats an achievement as i always make it here after the 35th post.

Love d videos

14. Olu

April 13, 2007 at 8:25 pm

wow!!i know that actor,im shocked. anyways as pipl lyk us in yankee that dont see jollof rice dat often will appreciate whateva type of rice u cook bella,pink or yellow!!I LOVE wat everyone was wearing but wats tinapa?cos apparently quite a numba of stars graced d occasion

15. mystoriesmytestimonies

April 13, 2007 at 8:39 pm

i love chioma’s blog ….she is a good friend …

nice post as usual…

faze is really kolomental….

have a fun weekend…
    i am late for the festival of lights show @excel…

16. sitsacrosstheroomfromanonabove

April 13, 2007 at 9:03 pm

Bella, finally actually read the contents of this entry… ok OMG the imagine that video, you’re trying to make me useless at work abi. In fact be afraid for that Shifi, one day let me be left alone with him, I’ll just kidnap him and you people will all be wondering.

I remember that Nollywood guy… see as they just disown am and opened his yansh talking about he became born again because of condition, naija na wa.

Hilda Dokubo looks so much younger now that she’s dropped the weight, wow, in fact I bow.

Some people chose to go with the “housegirl chic” look i see with slippers, knockabout shorts and homemade miniskirts at Tinapa

(shocked) at chioma’s first entry naija sef.

thanks bella have a good weekend, biko enjoy the rice, u know i gashu for easy recipes.

17. tatafo!

April 13, 2007 at 9:09 pm

ahhhhhhhh! it’s been a while since I saw a movie with Hilda Dokubo, love that lady! in fact I’m going to watch a movie with her in it this weekend.

You know they say burnt rice always tastes good *lol* Why don’t you cook something you’re comfortable with preparing, and practise making jollof rice on your own taste buds.

18. Vera Ezimora

April 13, 2007 at 9:14 pm

I’m not feeling Ini Edo’s dress…and who da hell did her make-up? She musta offended the person.

Joke Silva is just a beautiful woman…

I love Pete Edochie, Charles Okafor, Uche Jumbo (I think she’s very beautiful too), and Hilda Dokubo.

Nkem Owoh, though a wonderful actor…looks like a cab driver wit his outfit, LOL.

And is this a formal event? Grace Amah & Uche look casual.

Ramsey Noah…. no comments!

I do not like 2Face’s video for anything. It’s not half as good as the song. But 2Face is still my favorite artist sha. Faze is good too.

19. koshie

April 13, 2007 at 11:51 pm

Hilarious story. keep practing it will get better

20. Pink-satin

April 14, 2007 at 2:59 am

i dknow that actor 4rm couple 9ja movies!whata shame!

21. Biodun

April 14, 2007 at 3:29 am

This post is HOT!!! Great job girl!! I am so pissed @ the Styl-plus videos though, after waiting a year, this is it?? The “For Instance” video is funny, the whole cartoonish thing, lol. Have a nice weekend n @ d moment I feel the same, I dont want to cook period!!

22. omolabake

April 14, 2007 at 4:52 am

Bella….
    Don’t worry…it takes 2 or 3 tries and u’ll get the gist of it…there are different ways to cooking jollof rice anyway…..Regardless of what happen..ur man will appreciate the gesture…

@Biodun….long time..welcome back from Naija….I was tryin to post a commnent on ur blog couple of days back and for some reason…I could not…..

23. chidi

April 14, 2007 at 8:03 am

i’ve watched loads of naija movies with that actor and its so sad that he ends up the way he did. Ramsey Noah lost weight or is it my eyes? well, he looks good the way he is at the moment. and im sorry but ini edo dress does not do her justice at all.

24. chidi

April 14, 2007 at 8:04 am

hilda dokubo looks great as well. the dress looked amazing on her

25. racquelle-cutie

April 14, 2007 at 10:49 am

i kuv funmi iyanda and ini edo’s dresses

26. ladybrille

April 14, 2007 at 5:04 pm

Bella, Bella, Bella! Chineke! Wanterkiri Oginni? Okay that is my attempted Engilibo. Clap hands back and forth, Naija style. lol! Na u O!Wetin I say? Holding the bottom of my ear, “Na U O!” Why did I see press coverage on you. To quote exactly Allafrica.com, quite famous site, by the way:

“Bella Naija is one of Nigeria’s most popular blogs. Bella blogs on Nigeria popular culture: fashion, celebrities and Nollywood. This week the focus is on “Nigeria’s Next Top Model”…which is an event that will take place in London this month. Apparently there are “Top Model” events worldwide but this is a first for Nigeria

Did they quote you or what? This calls 4 a parry! lol 🙂

‘I think it’s a good idea although I really wish this would have been more like the American Top Model reality show format with the whole thing taking place in Nigeria but I guess this is a start. I understand that subsequent ‘seasons/cycles’ will attempt to follow US Top Model format.’

Where is your press link? Oya hurry up kia kia, sisi. 🙂 For the full story, click on http://allafrica.com/stories/200704120943.html. If you can’t get it through the link above, check out the site and search for story titled “Africa: Review of Blogs” Column is by “Fahamu” and it was posted on Allafrica.com on April 12th, 2007. Way to go Chica!

27. moi

April 15, 2007 at 2:53 am

Shifi from Stylplus is not bad at all…hmmmm! He should watch out cos I’m after him now…he don enter!

28. Dimples

April 15, 2007 at 8:31 am

Nice one Bella!!!…Good luck on the cooking o!!!

Abeg what site did u get the receipes from???I don’t mind learning how to cook some Ibo food o..lol

29. Tayo

April 15, 2007 at 10:36 am

Funny … so you can’t cook Better go and learn lol. BTW, party rice cooking is a great skill. If your cooking tasted like that, then you’re good!

30. Mona

April 15, 2007 at 11:19 am

lol Dimples wants to cook ibo food – I ask, “WHO FOR”? lol….yes oh we shd really pray for Nigeria this election period.

Thanks for all the videos. I know that Uche Oputa. So he has joined the bandwagon…hmm

31. jaja

April 15, 2007 at 11:33 pm

that’s funny about you not cooking for 2 years! Did you starve or are you in college? I get so nervous when cooking for my boyfriend, who is also Igbo, because Nigerians are so serious about food! I blame these Naija mothers who cook so damn good and make mediocre cooks like myself look bad!

32. bibi

April 16, 2007 at 2:44 pm

joke silva looked smashing…luve her hair cut….
    the men looked good,charles okafor, ramsey..what was nkem owoh wearing….lol
    uche jombo has lost some weight..seemed like theyre all ahving fun

33. eny

April 16, 2007 at 5:46 pm

update quick o, biko! about the jollof rice issue, imagine how nice it would be if you could cook as much as you cook up your posts………………it’ld tasty,but i’m sure u didnt do that bad though it turned out pink or what was it again, lol.

34. Anonymous

April 16, 2007 at 7:22 pm

All y’all wearing 4.5inch stilletos and stuffs picture 14 is what happens to you feet ..I mean damn pretty gal ..but those bunions are dastardly! lol

35. Uzo

April 16, 2007 at 7:57 pm

BELLA CANT COOK? What the hell? LOL…I mean you are damn good at everything else…LOL…At least you are human…

Spartans AWUUUUUUUUUUU..

Enough of the siliiness. The Tinapa pictures are interesting….

36. omohemi Benson

April 16, 2007 at 8:46 pm

Go now! now! to funmi Iyanda’s blog, she loves you!

37. bleue

April 17, 2007 at 1:11 am

i second omohemi! ms. iyanda totally has a mini-feature on you! woot wootttttt 🙂

go bella!

x

38. truth

April 17, 2007 at 4:11 am

But bella jokes apart, you really can’t cook? You definitely loose points for that.
    That Iya Bashira song from Styl-Plus is nothing close to cool. Styl-Plus please don’t pull that stunt again.-p.s. Your Worried Fan.

39. aloted

April 17, 2007 at 2:22 pm

HI Bella…Nice & Informative blog I must say…
    AM curious- so do you and your hubby eat out or does he do the cooking?
    All the best in all your other cooking endeavours 😉
    Ta!

40. Mr.Fineboy

April 19, 2007 at 11:24 pm

Great post! Bella, that Styl-Plus guy’s NYSC t-shirt is hot! Hmmm…. I’m getting ideas abt rocking something like that..lol.

41. Saymama

April 21, 2007 at 9:24 pm

Hi Bella,

Check out my new(ish) blog:

(This msg is acually not meant to be posted as a comment).

Enjoy.