Music

9ICE + WANDE COAL + BANKY W

BellaNaija.com

Hi Everyone!!!!!
Wow! Thanks to all those who have entered the ‘Mrs Club’ competition so far! U guys rock. I have read everything so far and will make the decision this weekend. Feel free to leave a comment on that post letting us know your fave.
Meanwhile, we have some other stuff we want to give away but will not put you through any more ‘stress’ this week!
So the next competition is super easy!
The person who posts the ‘first comment’ on this post will get a copy of the new Nayo album ‘African Girl’. Please try to email me immediately you comment so I identify you and sort out your prize!
Soooooo when the always fab Funmi Iyanda mentioned on her blog that she was going to be interviewing 3 of my fave Nigerian crooners, I was hella excited.
I am soooo proud of these 3 fellas!
Wande Coal’s voice is just amazing. Ololufe is my song.
9ice – need I say more? Gongo Aso is everyone’s song! His new album is amazing, so many people have been sending in reviews. I am so sad that I don’t have a copy.
Banky W, y’all know how much I luv Banky’s music! Have you bought the album? You need to HERE
Anyways, here are the interviews from Funmi’s show.
Meanwhile Funmi Iyanda for being recognized as a 2008 Desmond Tutu Fellow.
Other Nigerian recipients are
Bibi Bakare-Yusuf – Founder & CEO, Cassava Republic Press
Mitchell Elegbe – CEO InterSwitch Limited – the leading transaction switching and e-payment company in West Africa.
Olufemi Oyekola – Business Manager, Global Markets, Stanbic IBTC Bank
Ahonsi Unuigbe – Head of the Government & International Organisations Group at Stanbic IBTC Bank

9ice

Wande Coal

Banky W

That’s it for now. Remember the first comment wins the Nayo CD.
Ciao

Living & Celebrating the African Dream! Catch all the Scoop on www.bellanaija.comFollow us Twitter: @bellanaija Facebook: @bellanaija Instagram: @bellanaijaonline

1. ìnk

April 3, 2008 at 9:39 am

!!!!!!!!! me me me!!!!!!!!

2. ìnk

April 3, 2008 at 9:41 am

im second as well, so does that mean i get 2!!!! hahahahahahaha

3. ìnk

April 3, 2008 at 9:42 am

this just feels this good…

aigh i want to dedicate this album to those who love neo-soul, love african music, love bella naija, love naija gbedu!
    *wiping tears*

*this is so emotional*

lol!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. ìnk

April 3, 2008 at 9:43 am

you how schools always liked the top 3? well some schools had top 5! so as 4th, i’d like to say …

🙂

5. ìnk

April 3, 2008 at 9:44 am

I LOVE BELLA!!!!

Ti voglio bene, sei veramente bellissima!!!!

6. Anonymous

April 3, 2008 at 10:05 am

ok, this is not fair…….i’m almost second! Ink’s other 4 comments dont really count! I have no idea y pple like 9ice’s album, i bought it, and really hated every song on it!

7. Abimars

April 3, 2008 at 11:48 am

I’m third haba Bella first 3 now?

8. temi

April 3, 2008 at 11:54 am

bella’s blog is da bomb!
    absolutely….
    oh!and i was buy reading all d luv stories and getting mushy-mushy….
    cd’s gone now!

ink, would u pls stop rubbing it in? (lol)

i think wande cole’s voice is amazing…

9. temi

April 3, 2008 at 11:56 am

*busy*

10. Anonymous

April 3, 2008 at 12:09 pm

I LOOOVE AUNTY FUNMI!!!I THINK 9ICE IS A CUTIE”!!! WANDE COAL IS AMAZING!! AND BANKYS IS KINDA HOT!!! PHEEEWWWW!!
    LOVE BELLA!!

11. Shubby Doo

April 3, 2008 at 12:09 pm

how do you guys get here so fast…top ten isn’t bad…but i wanted the album:(

12. Anonymous

April 3, 2008 at 12:50 pm

I’M ALL FOR 91CE—

TONI PAYNE WATCH YA BACK..I’M COMING AFTER HIM—HEE HEE HEE

ED

13. Zena

April 3, 2008 at 1:34 pm

like this is sooo not fair, ur gonna turn me into a stalker on this blog now

14. Ara

April 3, 2008 at 1:38 pm

Hi Bella,you are one of the very view that has kept me entertained and informed during this period(heavily pregnant and taking it easy).Am thankful.
    Am feeling 9ice,first it was his voice and style that got me while listening to the demo of Ruggedy baba as played to me by Ruggedy himself,now it’s even more,his choice of words and depth.Am feeling him and take it from one artist to another,he’s got it,my advice to him,watch out for the vices…..they pull you down fast,hold on to your woman,be faithful to her,be dedicated to your talent,remain as humble as ever and watch out for ‘awon ota ti won se bi ore’.one love
    Am new in the bloggers community and am loving it,it’s my first blog ever today!
    It’s http://www.ara-drums.blogspot.com
    Cheers.

15. Nwanyi Ocha

April 3, 2008 at 1:51 pm

aahhhhhhhhhhhhh – 15th damn it!

going to read – will be back

16. Zena

April 3, 2008 at 1:58 pm

they were all brilliant, specially 9ice

17. Nwanyi Ocha

April 3, 2008 at 2:36 pm

Interviews rocked!!! Funmi’s off the hook, 2nd question in Banky’s was i felt a bit hmmm – he already ans’d the question… oh well

great post!

18. Olu

April 3, 2008 at 2:56 pm

I’m 18th yay!
    Wande Coal-not COLE..quick correction dere.
    I love his voice.
    I don’t think the questions the audience asked Banky made sense.

19. The poets voice ~~~

April 3, 2008 at 3:03 pm

they were all good..wande has a nice voice and so does banky..9ice is also ok.

20. Anonymous

April 3, 2008 at 7:22 pm

@ Olu…Mehn not only did the questions make sense.. I actually liked them…

21. BOBBY

April 3, 2008 at 8:17 pm

awwwwwwwww Banky!!!!!!!

22. Anonymous

April 3, 2008 at 11:59 pm

i am first…aunty bella pls pls pls

23. Anonymous

April 4, 2008 at 1:38 am

mehn Banky is already having Naija accent… come back to us in yankee… we miss ya….
    am ignorant i swear.

24. peaches!

April 4, 2008 at 6:59 am

hey bella do u have two accounts on facebook??cos therez anoda bella naija on facebook with another picture..im nt talkin about the one with the deola sagoe design but another one.newayz jut wanted to make sure dat twas u,and dat sm1 wasnt using ur identity.hope im makin sense..lool

25. Bella Naija

April 4, 2008 at 10:37 am

@peaches – hmmmm its not me.
    I’m not me. Maybe its someone who just likes the name….tht said I’ve trademarked it soooooo she really shouldnt be swagger jacking.
    As long as she isnt claiming to be me….

26. NigerianDramaQueen

April 4, 2008 at 11:58 am

gosh, I was just 28 spots a way. sigh…

Oh my gosh, my fav. male Nigerian artist, im off to go watch the interviews

27. teddy

April 4, 2008 at 12:10 pm

@ink,am beefing ooh.hope u remmebred to sharply send a mail to bella while u were been 1st….4th??LOL
    if not,i will laff at u ehn..

28. Pink-satin

April 4, 2008 at 3:54 pm

i am #31 yay!!!!

29. Overwhelmed Naija Babe

April 4, 2008 at 4:31 pm

cant see the links but i LOVE nice oh my goshhhhhhhhh.. gongo asoooo no be beans talk

30. Ifeomaadiagwuagwu

April 4, 2008 at 6:19 pm

Bella, i hope it’s not off the point, and i saw ur name, “bellanaija,” on the blogroll of http://www.obsessed-hoopla.blogspot.com

Girl, u rock. I tell ya, one day, “Mary J Blige, Victoria Beckham, Tameka Foster, you name them; all the int’l celebrities that love fashion, will come calling on your blog.”

Girl… you too much, and i am very proud of you. I am not lying – i am being very sincere.

More to ya.

31. Abi

April 5, 2008 at 1:14 am

OMG!!!!!!!!!!I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Wande Coal’s song…..wow!!!!!!!!! Thanx so much bella for the song….keep up the good work as always..love ya loads..

32. Mr. Fix Nigeria

April 5, 2008 at 9:12 am

Heeeey Bella! I know me I’m not included in your bonanaza because I didn’t take 1st abi? Ha ha…I think I like that Funmi’s chat with Wande Coal – the Blackest of them all. And come to think of it, did he get that name from Charcoal? I mean Wande Char-Coal? But that sounds better, don’t you think? LOL!

Well Bella, have you seen this video WHO KILLED WANDE COAL? I couldn’t help rolling on the floor with laughter! You’ve got to see it, it’s on Tosyn’s blog alraedy!

33. TaureanMinx

April 5, 2008 at 11:47 am

I would have so been attacked by Funmi for calling Gongo Aso Razz but then again I call myself razz..so does that count *cheeky grin*

34. Jayde

April 5, 2008 at 5:59 pm

Wonderful artists. I am starting to really like 9nice. There is something interesting about him. I think he is very inspiring. People like this always go extremely far in life.

Wande coal’s voice is beautiful.I was laughing when he was wiping his face with his handkerchief.

And Banky is just a star. I pray he goes far. He seems intelligent.

The way Nigerian celebrities answer questions still amazes me. They have to call God’s name in almost every sentence. I am starting to find this trend quite annoying.

And the audience need to learn how to ask specific questions.

35. Anonymous

April 8, 2008 at 6:28 am

err ehm Tminx – nope maam calling yourself razz, esp when you don’t mean it in the same context doesn’t count hon ;D sowwy

36. Anonymous

April 8, 2008 at 8:53 pm

Bella, I hear say This Day Music Festival 2008 is happening in Abuja, London and Washington DC this year because the events centre in Lekki has been banned by the authorities. Do you know what is happening since you always have the entire gist on it?