News

BN TIDBITS: Peter P-Square & Lola Omotayo’s Baby Name | Eldee’s Wedding | Anita MBGN 2004’s Wedding | Annie Macaulay | Magazine Covers

BellaNaija.com

Its time for BN Tidbits!

Its basically little nuggets of information gist on what’s happening in the world of entertainment. ENJOY!

__________________________

Titilola (Lola) Omotayo and Peter Okoye of P-Square have named their little bundle of joy, Cameron.

Their baby was born a couple of weeks ago in the United States. Peter has expressed his unbridled joy over the birth of his first child. Congrats to the couple.

__________________________

Rapper Eldee leaving bachelorhood behind in under a week! Eldee who had his bachelor’s party on the 1st of November 2008 will be getting married to Dolapo this week. Ceremonies will be on the 2nd and 6th of November 2008.

__________________________

MBGN 2004, Anita Uwagbale will be getting married on the 8th of November 2008 at the Civic Centre in Lagos. Anita was crowned Most Beautiful Girl in Nigeria in 2004 and went on to be named ‘African Continental Queen of Beauty’ at the Miss World 2004 pageant. She will be marrying her longterm partner, Tom Iseghohi, CEO of Transcorp. The couple have a young son and have been together for several years. Congrats!

__________________________

So I was at the US Embassy this past Wednesday and I heard the guards shouting. Was wondering what the commotion was about and surprise, it was Tuface’s longtime girlfriend, Annie Macaulay. Annie was there to pick up her US visa, she was wearing yellow shorts and top and yes, she is very heavily pregnant. Some of the guards felt her outfit was inappropriate hence the commotion (not sure why that is their business) Apparently, she is off to the US to give birth soon. Pregnancy suits her well though, she was very cheerful and took some time to take photos with some fans (yes, she has fans…) who approached her.

__________________________

Magazine Covers

True Love November Issue – Actress, Femi Emiola

Genevieve Mag October Issue – Elite Model Look Nigeria / Beth Modelling Agency CEO, Elohor Elizabeth Isiohor

Soundcity Blast – Denrele Edun

Ace Magazine – Shank, Naeto C, Kel

__________________________

To round things off…

Iman back in the day and now. I LOVE Iman and all that but WOW the transformation was just amazing!

1. Eminikan

November 3, 2008 at 9:57 pm

wow, bella. this ur title use style long small. u wan break the site?

2. bome

November 3, 2008 at 10:25 pm

Tom Iseghohi, CEO of Transcorp????? With more than 20years of experience (http://www.transcorpnigeria.com/corporatecom/archives.php?page=fullstory&nid=48) The age difference????
    I’m a little suspicious the whole Aristo-thing but if their in love thats awesome!!!!

3. bome

November 3, 2008 at 10:53 pm

4. drixie

November 3, 2008 at 11:55 pm

Denrele again!

That guy yarns nonsense half of the time.

Perhaps its his craziness that people like.

5. judith

November 4, 2008 at 3:06 am

lol at ‘prince cameron’. my nija pple will not kill me. did they pull that name out of a hat..sha wateva floats their boat.

annie is either crazy in love,mad in love or plain crazy and mad. wont she leave tuface alone. this chic is setting herself up for heartbreak cos u know even if tuface marries her he will still play away.

6. vivian o

November 4, 2008 at 3:35 am

* the name of p-square’s new baby is stupid. WTF is “prince cameron”. Just b/c one is in entertainment doesn’t give them a blank check to name their child nonsense. I am tired of Naija people trying to be western to impress the “village” people back home.

* It looks like Iman has had plastic surgery and skin lightening (or maybe it is just the lighting). I don’t blame her. Looking bad is for the dogs. I wish she would post her beauty strategies. I mean, the real beauty strategies and not the nonsense that is posted in magazines.

7. judith

November 4, 2008 at 3:52 am

i am back again and i hope anita uwagbale is marrying for love cos i just checked that tony man out and he is as old as my granny. i hope it is love and aristo stuvs oh cos d guy looked proper old school with his jerry curl looking hair lol.

8. Afolabi

November 4, 2008 at 5:09 am

prince cameron…sigh***..well it’s their own business

9. Thywo

November 4, 2008 at 10:11 am

jst wan congratulate ma home boy “eldee” say the new journ him wan embark on, na big boi dey do so.big up man and hapi married laif.
    Thywo say so

10. ese

November 4, 2008 at 2:31 pm

Prince Cameron is an interesting name sha…reminds me of other baby names like Pilot Inspektor, Audio Science, God’iss Love Stone, Jermajesty, Starlite Melody and Messiah Ya’majesty.

Heck, I’ll take Shaniqua, Shenaenae anyday.

11. Nkizm

November 4, 2008 at 6:03 pm

DENRELE? Pulease…dude needs to come out of the closet, plus is it just me but the guy yans opata half of the time…

Prince Cameron? No comment…

Pregnant Anny (or ki lon kpe) in shorts? abit too pregnant for that look no? what fans? What does she do again? apart from getting pregnant for tuface offcourse? NFA (no future ambition) but PBM (professional baby mama)…hisssssssssssss

12. BellaNaija.com

bella

November 4, 2008 at 7:12 pm

ah ah, that’s harsh! I think the baby’s name is cute! I am sure they will give the baby yoruba and ibo names as well. After carrying a baby for nine months and ‘pushing’, if I feel like naming my baby ‘bella naija’ i will lol

13. naijawifey

November 4, 2008 at 8:56 pm

I think Prince Cameron is a very cute name! My naija hubby and I named my son Kameron…….it is not about impressing “village” people, it is about adapting to your new surrounding.

How can a child attend school in a country where no one can promounce their name properly?

14. deedee

November 5, 2008 at 1:48 pm

Nigerians can be sooo stupid sometimes!!
    “too pregnant for short” -is she wearing it on your body or for you?? what ‘look’ is meant for pregnant ladies or ‘unpregnant ladies? we pass comment on things that really dont concern us!

For those lamenting the choice a couple makes regarding their baby’s name, why dont you choose your own baby’s name and leave others to do likewise- did they ask you to buy diapers, help in raising the kids?

i mean sample this drivel; “* the name of p-square’s new baby is stupid. WTF is “prince cameron”. Just b/c one is in entertainment doesn’t give them a blank check to name their child nonsense.” the name is stupid?? because ‘vivian’ is what? parents do have a blank check, fyi… and if you thought a bit more, ‘english’ names do have meanings too…

15. uzo

November 5, 2008 at 6:36 pm

Belllllllllllllllllllllllllllla…Hey darling…love the new site…congrats….

16. seyi

November 6, 2008 at 2:26 pm

pleeeeaseeeee!!!!
    all u h8rs… wats wrong wiv prince cameron?…. dey hav their reasonz 4 naming him that… deal wiv it!!!!!!!

17. vivian o

November 6, 2008 at 11:28 pm

shut up and learn how to write good English. Dummy.

18. tatafo!

November 7, 2008 at 9:40 pm

wetin concern agbero with overload?
    just enjoy the gist and move on.

19. Kpakpando

November 9, 2008 at 11:42 pm

Tom and Anita! Wow, I hope she can chew what she just took a bite of sha…

20. Trendy

November 10, 2008 at 6:17 am

No comment for the various retarded comments

21. BN Fan

November 11, 2008 at 2:07 am

Naija wifey, don’t be stupid…really don’t be stupid. I agree that parents should name their kid whatever they want, but where do you get off talking about “village” people? And please what country do you live in where they can’t pronounce Tola, Tope, Ada, Chinwe e.t.c. Most Nigerian names are pronounced phonetically.

People don’t have a problem pronouncing Abramovich and Lakshmi Mittal, do they? No, because they are successful. If you raise your child to be successful people will call him OluwaChinekeAbasiOseun if that is his/her name.

Don’t come here with your stupid ignorant drivel again and please show this to your husband(I suspect he has painted a very lopsided picture of Nigeria for you, he probably has a complex and should handle it).

22. BN Fan

November 11, 2008 at 2:07 am

23. Petra

November 11, 2008 at 3:03 am

Yes it isn’t about impressing “village people”, equally it isn’t about approapriating western identity. Barack Obama is a name that was once difficult to pronounce for some people but now it is the most recognisable names. I’m sure we’re going to be seeing many more Baracks!!!

24. Lulu

November 11, 2008 at 3:36 am

your comment said more about you than naija wifey. You probably think you’re a proper Nigerian but you neglected an opportunity to educate naija wife. As much as we have names like Barack, we also have even immigrant Caucasians who anglicized their names or adopted new names to integrate into a new society. To call that ignorant drivel is arrogant and dangerous

25. Lulu

November 11, 2008 at 3:39 am

I love the name Prince Cameron, and if he is even half of wat Prince Rodgers Nelson or Raphael Cameron are, he’s going to do fine.

26. Nkechi

November 11, 2008 at 4:38 am

omo, i didnt know shank was igbo… we represent!

27. deedee

November 11, 2008 at 11:41 am

BN Fan et al,
    Naija wifey was actually replying to the comment by Vivian o who first talks about the couple wanting to impress “village” people… see
    Comment by Vivian o 2008-11-04 03:35:05 (this is of course in addition to going on about how ‘prince Cameron’ is a ‘stupid’ name…wow, what insight)
    I happen to live in a country where people actually can’t or wont try to pronounce all those names you listed…. its phonetically easy for us of course and i do share your point to an extent but the fact still remains that the prerogative to name a child belongs to the parents and to the parents ONLY… they do not have to justify their choice to any one,least of all BN fans they’ve never met before and who do not matter in the child’s life…get it?

28. BN Fan

November 11, 2008 at 11:22 pm

Sorry I don’t. What country do you live in please? Because I have lived in various westernized countries and they have been able to pronounce those names with relative ease. They might have a problem at first but once you teach people how to say your name, they get it. If you think it’s not important for people to call you by your proper name if they want to address you then you obviously feel inferior, or I guess consider yourself lucky to be there so you put up with anything.

In my previous comment, I stated that parents can name their children whatever they like BUT for Naija wife to insinuate that people that give traditional names to their kids are trying to impress village people is absolute garbage. Purely garbage!

29. Gbagutu

November 14, 2008 at 10:34 pm

so annie, will doon have Tubaba’s baby in the US next month. Are you guys sure its his baby. I heard she had some other white guy too. Well, good for her she is in America, byt where is he?

30. pb

November 15, 2008 at 2:28 pm

I totally agree with you. Many Nigerians have an inferiority complex – people will only treat you well if you have a healthy elf-esteem. Bending over backwards to please people (‘I will give my child a name that other people can pronounce’) is not only debasing, it’s futile – it never gets anyone anywhere. Like BN Fan so aptly said, you don’t see people from other non-English countries changing all their names so that foreigners can pronounce them easily.

31. pb

November 15, 2008 at 2:34 pm

Wait… so it’s now ‘arrogant and dangerous’ to suggest that you do not have to change your name or adopt a particualr type of name in order to ‘fit into’ a particular society?! Integration is really not about the name you bear, Lulu. The world is shrinking, Lulu – open your pretty eyes and take a look.

32. ijijio

November 16, 2008 at 1:40 am

All tribes represent

33. Lulu

November 16, 2008 at 3:01 am

How’d you know i have pwetty eyes pb? Certainly not, you do not have to change your name to integrate, far from that, but anybody that can use the words stupid(3x) ignorant , and drivel and brow beat someone comes across as arrogant, dangerous and frankly speaking ignorant and uncultured. Go figure. QED

34. deedee

November 17, 2008 at 3:01 pm

Did you not read that she commented in response to vivian’s earlier comment about ‘village people’? Was insulting naijawifey really the way to make your point?
    In so far as you agree that parents can name their kids what they wish, why then judge them when no one has forced a name on you?
    When you say ‘They’ might have a problem at first [pronouncing] etc’, are you talking of an entire country?Since quite a number of people in Nigeria have baptismal names in addition to their traditional names, that make their parents what?
    And you make reference to a ‘proper’ name? what is a proper name, pray tell?
    aaahhh, this is matter is so played out….

35. vivian o

November 20, 2008 at 1:09 am

For all you who did not like my comment…I respect your comments…NOT. You all can kiss my bumper. P-square is a public figure and therefore I can comment on their lives if I so choose. Period. If they do not like it, they can quite the business and disappear. I still maintain my earlier position as to the name chosen for the baby.

Nigerian cultures are full of rich, beautiful, and meaningful names. Are you telling me that an Igbo man and his Yoruba baby mama could not come up with a name from either of their cultures? I find that hard to believe. I’ve been to both an Igbo and Yoruba naming ceremony and observed the effort that goes into naming a child.

One observation that I have made about Nigerians living in Nigeria that have any kind of money is that they want to show the “village people” that they have arrived. Things like wearing knee high boots in the middle of a tropical environment and giving children names they think are western (but are really ghetto as hell) are just a few examples. Face it folks, the name Prince Cameron is ghetto-fab!

All I can say is that as an employer, I would not higher anyone with name that is ghetto. Period. I would higher a Barack Obama and an Ifeanyi Chukwuma because both names are not ghetto, but foreign depending on ones local. But names like Tywesha, Shequesha, Shenaynay, Tyrone, and Prince Cameron are ghetto no matter the local. Come to think of it, Prince Cameron is the name of a drug dealer that lives in the most dangerous and ghettoest part of the city I reside.

36. Kome Ebelike

November 20, 2008 at 10:15 am

Hello Bella Naija. Just want to say you ROCK. You have finally be unveiled on true love magazine. You are beautiful. i think it will be nice if you display TW and Joy Magazine covers in your website for recently released magazines don’t you think?

37. Anon

November 20, 2008 at 4:58 pm

using abusive words is childish, dont you think?

38. pb

November 20, 2008 at 5:14 pm

LOL!

39. Confused

November 24, 2008 at 6:00 pm

Okay you guys have got me all confused!!! I thought Bella lived in Nigeria and some sort of blue collar job girl? And Femi Emiola is yoruba, isn’t Bella ibo and Femi is married, isn’t bella single? Arrrgggh, I am all confused.

40. Yuyu

November 25, 2008 at 1:52 am

LOL… don’t be confused, Femi Emiola was on the cover of the November issue of True Love West Africa, Bella is the December cover girl. She is indeed Igbo, and a lovely, lovely young lady. The issue just came out and is selling like hot cakes, get your copy fast!

41. silver

November 29, 2008 at 12:34 am

lol @ Nkizm..u took d words right 4rm my fingers…Denrele? no comment….

42. silver

November 29, 2008 at 12:40 am

@ eminikan…this denrele guy is just…..

43. silver

November 29, 2008 at 12:44 am

dis denrele guy is either trying too hard or he’s not well…either way he’s not being real…

44. Alheri

November 29, 2008 at 9:46 pm

u r absolutely right!

45. Estee is gee

December 6, 2008 at 4:45 pm

Girl…well spoken! after it is a democracy, right! if you feel that way i feel you plus it makes alot of sense…true that, that Nigerians who have some sort of money and live in Nigeria want to show the “village people” that they have arrived and that is what is killing Nigeria. I mean because of that kind of attitude people don’t care of how their neighbour is doing. I mean if they did everyone both the high and mighty and the poor would stand up together and demand for a better service from the government. Basic services like supplyiing constant electricity, drinkable water, roads, schools etc I’m not even talking about the more innovative services like disability grants and the rest. Nigeria doesnt care about it’s people thats why you get people living in a very dirty state with all their wealth still trying differentiate and prove to the world that they personally are different from “those”.

we need movers and shakers. The only way to bring that a building completely is to shake the foundation. We as ordinary people (that includes everyone not in government) need to rise and do something together, demand for better services! I’ll do my best to do the best.

46. Estee is gee

December 6, 2008 at 4:48 pm

Excuse the English, didn’t cross check it before sending!

47. buyi

December 8, 2008 at 7:20 pm

oma se o!!its a pity for you to come and display your stupidity and ignorance like this…ode…atole…prince cameron is the name of a durg dealer abi!!

whilst i do not like english names and will never give my kids English names…everyone is allowed to name their kids what they want!!yes they may be public figures but they are human beings and you need to watch the way your ignorant self gets your point across…what does wearing knee high boots have anything to do with anything

You are just a depressed fool!!!i rest my case

48. ladi

December 8, 2008 at 10:10 pm

Lol!

49. myleena

December 13, 2008 at 5:03 am

all you Derele haters are just plain stupid! the boy is forging ahead! top secret-he was offered a job with BET TV some weeks back! and you are here saying silly stuff,he doesnt know you exist!

50. myleena

December 13, 2008 at 5:08 am

i think you need help,mind your business sicko.

51. Ehem

December 13, 2008 at 5:41 am

SO WHAT??? people who work for BET are not God and are still susceptible to dislike. Myleena u sound like a big ass kisser. I bet if I got a job with BET you’d worship me too

52. Tony Loracher

December 15, 2008 at 5:30 am

Ehem u be Big time MUMU…Its not all about worshiping,its stop hating on someone becos of d way he act or dress.Its all about a brother stacking those bread while u’re here on d internet waisting yur life with irrelevant things and going thru pics and new about Derele….Get a life Mo Fker…and all u haters keep hating while d people u hating on gets better by sec.

53. Ehem

December 15, 2008 at 9:51 am

Tony Loracher you sound as GAY as derenle. u two should hook up

54. Ehem

December 15, 2008 at 10:54 am

Ok how about this…can someone please & please tell me who Denrele’s dating. I’d like to know mehn.

55. modupe

December 15, 2008 at 5:01 pm

i like d name it sounds more matured nd nice kudos 2 u pple, u pple dat u r talking lets hear d name u ll give d child its dere child let dem name him wat dey wnt dey dnt even care if u like it or nt…..so go 2 sleep. lol

56. TOMI

December 16, 2008 at 5:30 pm

hello wat up dis is tomi,i just love u guys u guys re doinga great job. p square i love ur baby’s name infact am jealous of dat name.wishing u guys a lovely xmas in advance.
    thanxxxx

57. tomi

December 16, 2008 at 5:33 pm

hi,derele u won b’come kolo person finish???????????

58. tomi

December 16, 2008 at 5:42 pm

heheeeeeee na wa oooooooo any hw who is going to marry derele i think dat a big question 4 som girlssssssss………..

59. tomi

December 16, 2008 at 5:47 pm

hey ‘buyi’ wat rong, dere is notin rong wit d name u just taking it like dat as far as am concern d name is ok.n if u don’t lik it go n give birth to ur own child n name him/her d name u want

60. Babajide MalcolmX

December 22, 2008 at 5:31 pm

na wa o!some of dis naija pple are psykolomental in their attitude atimes, look at Lola Omotayo&Okoye peter naming the naija-baby dat payan name,later they’ll be claiming 2 be proudly Nigerian.The most annoying is Lola aka Lolita of FK:G2 who luvs wacking amala&gbegiri everywhere she goes can do dat(mama Togo,sorry cameron)!You u’ll be able 2 get Bakassi back;all na lie.While Denrele should be told dat is GAYme is up;wind has blown,we have seen fowl yansh(Ask him why he was expelled from Hoares Memorial Methodist Church,Yaba,Choir).Pls don’t crucify Annie,may be you’re not aware that it was 2baba-pikins that break the gal’s warehouse(Dis flowered/disvirgin/na poi)and no man is ready to be licking Sarndine’s pagolo(Tin).

61. sandra

January 3, 2009 at 3:44 pm

HOW FAR EVERY BODY AM SANDRA AM AWAY FROM NIGERIA AM A HUG FAN OF P-SQUARE AND I LOVE TO MEET THEM PLS AND HERE IS MY EMAIL [email protected] I LIVE IN SPAIN LOVE U ALL AND I MISS NIGERIA STAY COOL LOVE YA PATER AND PAUL KISSESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

62. ...

January 4, 2009 at 12:18 am

With a name like “buyi” you would be better off with an English name or maybe an Igbo one like…Ewu.

63. callistar

January 14, 2009 at 6:21 pm

hi am happy for u both.ijust heard that u have given birth,thanks to God.well the name is a very sweet name,look a name is something god put in the mouth of parent to call their children.thats a cool name.b ye and stay cool.once again CONGRAT

64. staiguoug

January 29, 2009 at 7:50 pm

http://www.bellanaija.com – cool sitename man)))

65. funmilayo

March 28, 2009 at 10:12 am

if u no like d name wee de giv der pikin,make u go bone ur own

66. sabrina

June 16, 2009 at 1:40 am

congratulation nice ”””good ”””’to have child lol you are very beatifull ilike u””””””””””’

67. sabrina

June 16, 2009 at 1:43 am

congratulation””” what is the name of that kid””””””’

68. custom papers

October 9, 2009 at 2:41 pm

Nice couple. Best wishes!
    Iman… She’s awesome.

69. stephanie

November 29, 2009 at 6:22 pm

i love ya p square.u two rock my world.i wish i was i nigeria to see your new concert.but i can’t right now i am far away.i’m in new york city.but one day maybe i will get to see ya.

70. mabel

October 3, 2011 at 10:56 am

wetin cum be una wahala about de name, abeg make una mind una busines.

71. JCE

January 23, 2013 at 1:01 pm

Nice name Cameron, even the new baby girl has a beautiful name as well. My only problem is why girls just keep giving birth without being married to the guy. For the love of christ what is engagement? can they not wait to have a wedding? where has our old traditional morals gone to? or do we no longer have respect for God who instituted marriage? Sorry oo, am not trying to be over principled here, just feel the right things should be done so that our growing kids do not get confused.

72. essay helper

January 18, 2014 at 1:41 am

Sometimes sorry about friends but sometimes it is not that they are not present there. This is the closest people.